GGG: Round 17 - Aston Martin DB

• Thread starter buickgnx88
  • 16 comments

Which is your favorite generation of the Aston Martin DB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

buickgnx88

That Guy Over There
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
The Aston Martin DB line got its start in 1948, with the new owner David Brown releasing the 2-Litre Sports sports car. Although it was not officially called the DB1, it became retroactively named after the DB2 was released. Despite the current model being called the DB11, there have only been 9 generations of the DB series. There never was a DB8 for a couple reasons (namely they didn't want people thinking it had a V8), and the DB10 was only a concept car. Which of these British Grand Tourers is your favorite?

DB1
aston-martin-db1-10.jpg

DB2
Aston_Martin_DB2_Coupe_1950.jpg

DB3
9496_aston-martin-db3s.jpg

DB4
1958-1963-aston-martin-db4-868_3937_969X727.jpg

DB5
c4b985e423e802c1088b1b1af77002e6.jpg

DB6
Lot-439A-1967-Aston-Martin-DB6-Saloon.jpg

DB7
Aston_Martin_DB7_Vantage_01pop.jpg

DB9
7187.jpg

DB11
full-on.jpg

Last edited:
As cool as the older models are, I have to go with the DB7, I love its styling and enjoyed driving it back in GT4.

As pretty and as iconic as the DB9 is, my vote lies with the DB5, mostly because of it's association with the best James Bond actor, Sean Connery.
latest

It's just as gorgeous in the flesh too.
DSC_0057.JPG DSC_0058.JPG

Close call between the 5, 7 and 9. Went with the DB9 since IMO it's the best looking and sounding out of them all

1. DB9
2. DB7
3. DB5
4. DB11
5. DB6
6. DB4
7. DB3
8. DB2
9. DB1

Chose the DB6 due to the super sexy tail compared to DB5. DB7 was a close second due to it's affordability and good looks.
65am_DB6_03.jpg

It has to be the DB4. The DB5 has too many Bond connotations and the DB6 is just lumpen and heavy looking. The DB3 is pretty, but not as well resolved a design as the DB4. The DB9 and 11 are too new and the DB7 is a touch too new to be a classic and too old to be seen as anything other than a poor man's Aston.

This is actually quite hard, as they haven't really had any major miss-steps. I might have to go with the DB9 though, still looks great.

@buickgnx88 You've got a photo of a DB2/4 MKIII in place of the DB3. This is a DB3:
9496_aston-martin-db3s.jpg

Regardless, my vote goes to the DB4, for the stunningly beautiful (and fast) GT and Zagato variants.

I grew with the DB9 and, not only that, but had a racing variant that looked impossibly sexy and sounded like pure sex. Lord knows how many times I've watched the three seconds of video in the episode in which Top Gear went against D Motoriing and the DBRS9 driven by "James May" launched in hot pursuit of Tim Schrick.

The way it looks, the way it goes, the way it sounds: it's the epitome of a gentleman driver's car and, as such, I think it's the most representative Aston Martin. Bond be damned.

Older models, DB4... if I have a GT Zagato?

Newer models... DB9... but not the blinged up version above, would have to be the super clean, super pretty 1st generation.

Flippin' 'eck. I know it's already over, but in terms of faves, this was a shocker - DB9'er took it, over the DB4 and 5.

I can't be dreaming, am I?

Back