GGG: Round 2 - Nissan (Skyline) GT-R

• Thread starter buickgnx88
  • 24 comments

Which is the best Nissan GT-R generation?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

buickgnx88

That Guy Over There
Premium
United States
Anoka, MN
The Skyline GT-R was originally created for use in racing, and became popular with the public with the introduction of the R32. From its debut in 1969 to its current iteration, there have been six generations produced. Which version of "Godzilla" is your favorite?

KPGC10
C10GT-R.jpg

KPGC110
Nissan-Skyline-GT-R-KPGC110-00127-auction-29-640x427.jpg

R32
gallery-1462292523-gtr2.jpg

R33
r33_nissan_skyline_gtr_picture%20(17).jpg

R34
1999-Nissan-Skyline-GT-R-R34-11.jpg

R35
gtr-old-new-2-56f29843bd39d.jpg

I've chosen the R33 as my favorite. Ever since I saw it in the original Fast and the Furious, I thought it looked amazing.

I'm going by the idea that what a person would consider their favorite, is also what they would consider the best. I too would consider the R35 the best in terms of technology and performance, but I don't think it is the best in terms of the overall package. I shall change the wording though on the next poll so there is no confusion in the future. :)

R32 might of been named the Godzilla for great reasons, the 2000 GT-R was quite amongst one of the greatest old japanese imports, but while R34 would of taken my vote, I always WILL be a fan of the R33. It was different and Nissan delivered it, big time.

Especially in Midnight Purple? Before the R34, this thing was a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

My favorite generation is the R32 GT-R, not just for the motorsports reputation it has, but also for its presence. It gives me a similar vibe to the foxbody Mustang LX for that era. Yes, I'm aware that they're completely different animals, but the R32 despite that makes me think of the Foxbody.

I was really debating whether to vote for the KPGC10, KPGC110, or the R33 as I love them to death, but I settled for the KPGC10 because it looks the best out of all the GT-Rs and it is easily the most legendary out of all the GT-Rs.

If I had to rank them:
1. KPGC10
2. R33
3. KPGC110
4. R32
5. R34
6. R35

The R32 to a large degree. Groundbreaking achievement in performance and huge charisma left during and after the production. Although it isn't the fastest one, it certainly is the most enjoyable one as it allows drivers to be directly involved in the driving itself.

Not like other models that succeeded the R32, which are simply too easy to drive and thus not fun.

When I saw the title, I thought you are doing a poll on the best skyline rather than the best GT-R. :indiff:

Anyways, r32 for me.

Originally chose the R33, but switched to the KPCG110 after thinking about it for a while.

For me this is extremely tough to choose between the original, the R32, and the R33... and maybe the R34, lol. Money no object, I'd probably purchase an R33 first though.

R35 bro. It's one of my all-time favourite cars because the whole vehicle is an even bigger beast than the R32.

Driven both the R34 and R35. Both are brilliant. But the one I'd want to own is the KPGC110, by the tiniest of whiskers to a hakosuka.
Not like other models that succeeded the R32, which are simply too easy to drive and thus not fun.
Lolz.

For me it's either the KPGC10 for the engine and the looks or the R32 for the Motorsport success.

If it was skylines and not just GT-Rs it wouldn't be the R31 RS-Turbo.

The winner of Round 2 in the battle of the GT-Rs is the R32, with nearly 37% of the votes! Bringing up the rear, while a marvel of engineering, the R35 just doesn't have the same charm as the past versions.

Back