Ghost Brakes

• Thread starter jedi09
  • 6 comments
United States
Cali
SocalsZHP
Has anyone else had this happen:
while you are racing, you hit the brakes or spin out and cant accelerate because the brakes are slightly activated by themselves. I have to unplug the pedals and plug themback to fix the problem. :odd:

You just experienced the suckyness of the DFP pedals, which is a widely-known fact among many DFP owners.

Mine used to have the same problem as you just described, until I fixed it.

The "ghost" brakes are gone now, but today other problems arose!
At completely random moments, my brake pedal decides to stop working at all. :nervous: 👎 .

I'm gonna try to fix it again, but that's mostly just a temporary solution.

( Take a look in the official DFP problems thread, there's a write-up and some pictures that show you how to fix the pedals )

Here's the link: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=43686

I've had ghost brakes before, but it was always because I had my foot slightly on the brake pedal, and I was all like "D'oh! Quit doing that!"

I ahven't had a problem with the pedals, but the wheel is fairly new, so...

heh, i've only had mine for a month and the brake has already started bliping on by itself periodically... generally unplugging it, messing with the pedal and plugging it back in fixes the issue.
worst pedal set i've ever owned. (granted i've only owned 3 so.... )
the main thing i find rediculous about the pedals... why on earth would they have the cord exit directly in the center of the back of the unit?
that's mornic, most people will brace their pedals against a solid object, either at an incline or flat... this activity puts lots of stress on the cables that could easily have been avoided by having the cord exit the right side of the unit. (right makes more sense considering thats the side they plug into on the wheel)
when the warrenty starts to get long in the tooth i'll make sure i call logi and get a new set sent to me.

Dr_Watson
heh, i've only had mine for a month and the brake has already started bliping on by itself periodically... generally unplugging it, messing with the pedal and plugging it back in fixes the issue.
worst pedal set i've ever owned. (granted i've only owned 3 so.... )
the main thing i find rediculous about the pedals... why on earth would they have the cord exit directly in the center of the back of the unit?
that's mornic, most people will brace their pedals against a solid object, either at an incline or flat... this activity puts lots of stress on the cables that could easily have been avoided by having the cord exit the right side of the unit. (right makes more sense considering thats the side they plug into on the wheel)
when the warrenty starts to get long in the tooth i'll make sure i call logi and get a new set sent to me.
ya, i tried unpluggung it and then plugging it back which seemed to fix the problem but got annoying doing it over and over.
I just took the darn thing apart and "fixed" it the right way. Works great now :cheers:

I have the ghost pedal problem too. Pulling up gently on the pedal would solve it though, so I use a carb return spring from Autozone to pull on the pedal lightly to keep the brakes fully lifted. Its a little bit in the way, but it works. I just hooked to one of the holes in the brake pedal and hooked the other end under the base of the pedal setup. No modifications to the base required.

Latest Posts

Back