Portugal
South
HarskGaming96
verti.JPG

vertii.JPG

Engine: Alfa Romeo 3.0 V6
Power: 420 HP
Weight: 950 kg

This Vertigo which is in GT6 has absurd specifications (897 HP/960 kg) and an incorrect livery. Unfortunately, I couldn't find better than these pictures. I hope your comprehension.

gillet.jpg

Last edited:
The number 100 Belgian Racing Vertigo weighed 950kg. 420bhp is the power output of the standard road car in 4.2 V8 Maserati engine form.

Gillet Vertigo race 1.jpg
Gillet Vertigo race 2.jpg

The above race car had a 3.6 litre engine producing 355bhp - both were factory supported entries in the Spa 24 hour race.

In 2008 the race car was fitted with a 4.2 litre Maserati engine tuned to group N specification (virtually standard) so I agree with Harsk that the example in the GT games has a wholly unrealistic power and performance level - however I have always found it very enjoyable to drive, if somewhat difficult to control.

The number 100 Belgian Racing Vertigo weighed 950kg. 420bhp is the power output of the standard road car in 4.2 V8 Maserati engine form.

View attachment 238131 View attachment 238132

The above race car had a 3.6 litre engine producing 355bhp - both were factory supported entries in the Spa 24 hour race.

In 2008 the race car was fitted with a 4.2 litre Maserati engine tuned to group N specification (virtually standard) so I agree with Harsk that the example in the GT games has a wholly unrealistic power and performance level - however I have always found it very enjoyable to drive, if somewhat difficult to control.
Thanks for your information Sick- I drove this car some times in GT4, GT5 and GT6 and I also found very enjoyable to drive. It is one of my favourite cars because not only it's fun to drive but also I love its sound.

Here's a video of Gillet Vertigo:

Sound starts at 0:20

I still miss the one from GT3. Sure it wasn't the quickest GT car but it handled great, wasn't grossely overpowered and was reasonably fast if driven well enough.

Still, a more true to life one (both spec wise and livery wise) would be most appreciated.

I took some pictures of GT4 (JPN ver.) Gillet dealer (I do not have the tool to take a screenshot, so I used my smartphone instead, sorry).
I think this livery does exist, but we do not know in what race it participated.
IMG_20150317_185929.JPG
IMG_20150317_185957.JPG

As said before, I think that may be a presentation car. I can't find any pics on it though, might help If I knew the name of the team that ran it in the 2004 GT championship.

As said before, I think that may be a presentation car. I can't find any pics on it though, might help If I knew the name of the team that ran it in the 2004 GT championship.
Belgian Racing.

bss-spa-2005-105-belgian-racing-gillet-vertigo-bas-leinders-renaud-kuppens-jerome-d-ambros.jpg

They shifted sponsors throughout the season, I think you're right in it being the first iteration of the livery.

I wonder if Vertigo's which PD has included are the ones which entered in Belcar, but I cannot find information.

The car doesn't seem to have any series specific Logos. Usually if it was, you'd see Belcar on the windshield.

Back