Goodwood Festival of Speed 2022!

• Thread starter darris-955
  • 2 comments
United Kingdom
UK
darris-955
Long time listener, first time caller here!
The maniac in me decided to take as many cars from the Goodwood Festival of Speed in June this year and recreate them in GT7. This has taken me way too long, but I've managed to 'complete' it before the year ended! #fos22 will get you all of these in the showcase, and they are all editable because why wouldn't they (I hate it when people make it uneditable when it isn't an original design!) that way you can take the goodwood entry sticker off if you don't want it.

One of the big challenges for this was just having the money to even get all the cars, so unfortunately I'm missing the Porsche 917 and a few of the classic Ferraris because of my poverty, the fact you have to own a car to even design a livery for it is frustrating!

The Sauber and the F1 Mercedes are the only ones here that I didn't make myself, I ran out of time - perhaps I will do it later

Anyway, enjoy!

Attachments

• 1 - GOODWOOD HILL CLIMB.PNG
    1 - GOODWOOD HILL CLIMB.PNG
    349.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 14.JPG
    14.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 31
  • 12 - AD24.PNG
    12 - AD24.PNG
    169 KB · Views: 27
  • 12 - Audi.jpg
    12 - Audi.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 11 - Baggsy's GTR - Closeup.PNG
    11 - Baggsy's GTR - Closeup.PNG
    261.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 10 - Baggsy's GTR.PNG
    10 - Baggsy's GTR.PNG
    375 KB · Views: 27
  • 9 - Drift Comp.PNG
    9 - Drift Comp.PNG
    468.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 8- R32s.PNG
    8- R32s.PNG
    269.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 7 - Rally Classics.PNG
    7 - Rally Classics.PNG
    310.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 6 - Porches.PNG
    6 - Porches.PNG
    293.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 5 - BMW M SPORT.PNG
    5 - BMW M SPORT.PNG
    318.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 4 - Cartier Style et Luxe.png
    4 - Cartier Style et Luxe.png
    307.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 3 - mclarenf1goodwood.png
    3 - mclarenf1goodwood.png
    344.8 KB · Views: 28
  • 2 - DRIFTKHANA2022.PNG
    2 - DRIFTKHANA2022.PNG
    338.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 13 - Tessa Whittock.PNG
    13 - Tessa Whittock.PNG
    501.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 15 - Michel Vaillant.JPG
    15 - Michel Vaillant.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
The maniac in me decided to take as many cars from the Goodwood Festival of Speed in June this year and recreate them in GT7. This has taken me way too long, but I've managed to 'complete' it before the year ended! #fos22 will get you all of these in the showcase, and they are all editable because why wouldn't they (I hate it when people make it uneditable when it isn't an original design!) that way you can take the goodwood entry sticker off if you don't want it.

One of the big challenges for this was just having the money to even get all the cars, so unfortunately I'm missing the Porsche 917 and a few of the classic Ferraris because of my poverty, the fact you have to own a car to even design a livery for it is frustrating!

The Sauber and the F1 Mercedes are the only ones here that I didn't make myself, I ran out of time - perhaps I will do it later

Anyway, enjoy!
Welcome to GTPlanet, I had inquired on Reddit if you hand traced or auto traced and then it pops up here. I have a follow up question, are you using vectorio’s 15kb optimization to create the layers or another method. I ask for education purposes only, I tried that way and the results were ok. I ended up using a high res pic for an huge auto trace, but am tearing the auto trace down and rebuilding with less nodes and eliminating some layers entirely. I found three layers that were 200kb each that were black to show through, I relaxed those with a hand drawn solid black layer of 5kb. Anyway, super job on the whole project, very impressive.
99819778-EF90-4974-9F84-381BB1C5A0B8.png

Anyway, enjoy!
Amazing effort! Nice to see you've done the Rotavette too - I made that myself, albeit without the Goodwood entry sticker...

Back