GPX/KML

• Thread starter Mr Grumpy
  • 32 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Importing these types of files doesn't seem to be working with the CM, I can find & select the file but then no image or data appears in the map. Has anyone had any success with this yet ? If so, help is appreciated. Thanks.

Importing these types of files doesn't seem to be working with the CM, I can find & select the file but then no image or data appears in the map. Has anyone had any success with this yet ? If so, help is appreciated. Thanks.

Yes, I'm using a IPad 4 & IPad Air, creating the kml in Google Earth on my PC, then saving it to a folder.

Since I have had some problems with kml and the app, I'm using a online kml to gpx converter to convert the file to gpx and then saving that file to my PC, then hooking up my IPad to the PC and using ITunes to transfer the file to the app. After that it's in my reference image folder.

It's very accurate this way and comes in with the correct north orientation.

IMG_0124_zpsvw7faxjy.png

same need of a converter, and same red line for the android app. works well with google drive for the transfer to the tablet

Sorry for a stupid question, but I may be excused as I am a complete newbie to this (I have Android tablet and Windows PC's):
1.) How do you draw a "tour" in Google Earth?
2.) Is it also possible in Google Maps?
3.) how do you create a "kml"-file from this?
4.) How is the kml then converted to gpx (App? PC-Programme?)?
5.) How is this then finally imported into the Track Path Editor App?

Sorry for asking such Basic questions, but I never did that, being completely new, thus I would appreciate a detailed step-by-step tutorial (if not asled too much).
Many thanks in advance!

Sorry for a stupid question, but I may be excused as I am a complete newbie to this (I have Android tablet and Windows PC's):
1.) How do you draw a "tour" in Google Earth?
2.) Is it also possible in Google Maps?
3.) how do you create a "kml"-file from this?
4.) How is the kml then converted to gpx (App? PC-Programme?)?
5.) How is this then finally imported into the Track Path Editor App?

Sorry for asking such Basic questions, but I never did that, being completely new, thus I would appreciate a detailed step-by-step tutorial (if not asled too much).
Many thanks in advance!

In Google Earth go to the top tool bar select 3rd from the left "Add Path", it will then bring up a dialog box, give the path a name, leave the dialog box open, start creating a path around the track, I usually start at the start/finish line, work your way around the course (in the direction that you will race), it might take 3 or 4 points to create turns or more , once you have got around the course create a point short of the finish line then push it together with the first point you created.

Give a name to the path you have created in the dialog box and click OK, you can either go to File, Save, Save place as or find the place you saved in the left upper list box and save it as a kml.

To convert kml to gpx on that I have been using, there might be better
http://kml2gpx.com/?results

As far as it imported into your device, it depends on your device. I use IPad, bring up ITunes, click on you tablet, then select Apps in the left panel, then scroll the screen to the bottom where you will find add file, select your file and it will be added to to tablets files.

2015-10-10_17h21_552_zpsxsyxnitr.png

2015-10-10_17h24_03_zpsppz52vqb.png

2015-10-10_17h38_32_zpskt4ulqz8.png

2015-10-10_17h39_03_zpscixkx3ab.png

2015-10-10_17h57_33_zpsxbmeap5g.png

Indeed that helped, thank you very much!:bowdown:
Just 2 issues:
1.) No GPS Visualizer that I have found lets me transform my KLM-file(s) into GPX (and BTW: most of them are not for free but cost a lot of money) :grumpy:
2.) I believed that one can use GPX files in the other 3 themes as well, but it's only possible in Eifel Flat anyway.
And since this is so, I am better of to draw the track in Google Maps, have a .jpg which I take as my template and build the track along my drawing. I'm much quicker that way (and it works).
Too many restrictions in the TPE! :banghead:
But thank you anyway :bowdown:, I have learned a lot again!

Hi guys !

I am finally able to create gpx or kml files via websites... but I was not able to upload them into the app and I am running with an emulator (bluestacks) on my pc ... I think the answer is somewhere on the forums I have to search again but my biggest question is...
I try to recreate google streets into GT6 ( point A to point B in google) and I want to know if we are able to put the elevation data into gt6 path creator .... because without the elevetion data ... I dont think I will like to race real streets without the only the feelings of the right or left curves .... if we can though ... I could play GT6 for another year haha

And we cannot create the elevation we want ? So basically it is an elevation map already created and we create turns into it ?! Why are they not able to create a circuit editor ??? Is there a reason ? Are they waiting gt7 for the ultimate track creator ?

And we cannot create the elevation we want ? So basically it is an elevation map already created and we create turns into it ?! Why are they not able to create a circuit editor ??? Is there a reason ? Are they waiting gt7 for the ultimate track creator ?

In the way that PD went about creating the track editor, they decided to use segments, a minimum segment length (75-80 ft.) when using "decrease turn radius" (this can be determined by pushing two control points together) it's the segments which can only be bent so much that create a problem since they can not match up with most tight turns or portions of track length that would be smaller than the editors min. length.

Advantages of the kml/gpx are scale and north orientation.

free KML to GPX converter

http://kml2gpx.com/

Well shoot. the kml to gpx converter website converted my files but the app still wont import anything. I have created several files of varying length and none of them seem to work. Some are point to points, some are circuits but the circuits are not a completely closed loop, the start and endpoints are just close to eachother.

I created the kml's with google earth pro.

I still have not succeeded to get one of my GPX-files into the App, just nothing shows up!
I Know the Feeling! :banghead:
Same here, using Bluestacks now and still can't get it to import either KML/GPX (was using Windroy but key mapping is limited and it doesn't run very well on my laptop.)
And why does the border area around the track need to be so wide??? Can't they reduce it more on corners so you don't have have the whole track so narrow you can't overtake without doing an impression of a lawnmower! Tight turns are impossible without losing scale. :grumpy:

💡 Better idea: PD, PLEASE MAKE AN UPDATE TO ENABLE US TO CREATE A 90° CORNER!!

PD are laughing at us real bad... I could do a more freedom course maker and simplier and funnier and I dont know a thing about programming... I thought they were suppose to release this with gt6 ... and the one with gt5 was a joke too... a map or course creator exists for years ... for a lot of games ... If gt7 is not a wow new era PD is going down..

PD are laughing at us real bad... I could do a more freedom course maker and simplier and funnier and I dont know a thing about programming... I thought they were suppose to release this with gt6 ... and the one with gt5 was a joke too... a map or course creator exists for years ... for a lot of games ... If gt7 is not a wow new era PD is going down..
Hmm, then why is GT the only game in the sim genre with a track creator if its so easy to make?...

I successfully followed this technique using Andy on PC (Win 7), following a nearby country road using the path creator in Google Earth. I just put the resulting (converted) .gpx file in the shared directory for Andy, and it imported into the app just fine. It's useful having street view on hand to help place scenery items, incidentally.

I have to say the background image feature is limited in that you have to place the start straight first...
The lack of elevation is a real killer, even for relatively flat real world routes.

I echo the issues with corner tightness, track / barrier widths (part of what makes the road I copied fun is the occasional "unsighted" nature of corner combinations - a wide runoff prevents that impression). I'll also add that the interrelation of corner radiuses is hard to work around once the track has been placed, and it can be hard to regain a smooth curvature once things have been moved and tweaked.

But there were some fun moments driving a road I know well in the game, despite the limited scenery, lack of elevation and the issues with radius, wide runoff etc., it really felt familiar. It was just a bit of a faff making it!

Spot on, I really like track creators in Forza,NFS,Shift,CMR,TOCA,WRC,RRE,iR,AC,pC,DIRT,GRID,Nascar x... they're all so superb comparing to limitless piece of **** PD gave us.:rolleyes:

On topic, it would be great if GPX/KML files could be translated automatically into a track together with elevation changes, but since base terrain / elevations are (probably) already pre-generated on maps, that kind of importing and automatic track generating will never work, unless PD change how map and track are generated.:(

And ouer tracks we create , are so slippery even if we drive race cars with RS tyres on it it like driving on black ice
I was driving my familiar route with comfort medium tyres on a road car with very little downforce, and it still seemed slightly too quick (based on corner speeds). The scale even came out slightly too small (~ 10%) in-game, although that likely contains some shortening due to the corner radius issue and lack of elevation changes.

Maybe you could try making the track wider?

Still no luck.
i managed to open the data from Google track path off my phone on the Google earth on my PC as a path, and saved it as a KML and also converted it to GPX but it still doesnt open in the app on the tablet.

Last edited:
I try the BlueStacks.
And from your question, I'll try others.
Bluestacks is the best one to use, 'rooted' preferably. I have not been able to import KML/GPX files myself, but JPG/PNG files should not be an issue - I always put them in the /sdcard/downloads folder.

Bluestacks is the best one to use, 'rooted' preferably. I have not been able to import KML/GPX files myself, but JPG/PNG files should not be an issue - I always put them in the /sdcard/downloads folder.

The BlueStacks said to use a share folder.
I'll try like you said.
In gt6 app I can see the files, all extensions, but clicking nothing happened.
I'll try it again and I post here again.

I'm having the same trouble as others trying to import data when in the app. I've tried using KML and GPX files. The app ignores these files and just asks for me to place the first straight. Then the app says reference image off. It has to be an app issue. I've tried this on a Galaxy Tab 4 and Bluestacks. Edit: jpeg files are ignored as well. Basically I'm picking the file I want within the app. Either using a real tablet or through Bluestacks. GT6 app ignores the file I pick every time..

Last edited:
Back