Gran Turismo 4 and g25/27?

• Thread starter Manuel
  • 11 comments
bolan_man
Not sure if this has been posted or if there is a sticky for this question. I did search for it and nothing came up.

But basically as my title says, does GT4 work well with the g25/g27? or even with the Gran Turismo wheel?

Thanks

Not sure about the G27, but the G25 works just fine with the paddles and sequential shifter. H pattern and clutch doesn't work. Works fine will all the Driving Force (GT wheels) wheels also.

The G25 works fine with GT4 when played on a PS2. If you are playing GT4 on a backward compatible PS3, then there is a file that needs to be downloaded from the PSN Network to get it to work. I downloaded the file over a year ago and everything worked great. Then my PS3 died and I got a replacement. The file then, was no longer available on the PSN Store, but I was able to find it in my download history and downloaded it to my new PS3. The file is called "PS2 System Data" and can be found in the "Game Data Utility" folder. However, this time it did not work and the game does not recognize the wheel at all. An email to Sony asking for help was met with the same boiler plate response offering no help whatsoever. Their response was to delete the file, and download it again ...... which changed nothing of course :nervous:

Consequently, I had to hook up my PS2 again just to play GT4 :)

None of the above happened with my 60GB PS3, which broke as well, and even the new one still recognises all my PS2 games and all 3 of my wheels.

As mentioned above, the H-pattern and clutch will not work on GT4. If GT4 is the only game you're going to be using a wheel for, just pick up a cheapy Logitech like the Driving Force Pro or DF EX. The DFGT should have come right down in price as well. If you already have a G25 by all means use that, but just don't use H-pattern.

Aye, good advice above but I would say that the G25 is vastly superior to the DFP2 in both solidity of construction and driving 'feel'. The brilliant pedal box alone makes a huge difference to acceleration and braking (even tho' GT4 cannot make use of the active feedback the stiffness is a great boon).

None of the above happened with my 60GB PS3, which broke as well, and even the new one still recognizes all my PS2 games and all 3 of my wheels.QUOTE]

My replacement PS3 does not have any difficulty recognizing any of my PS2 games.

With GT4 loaded ..... When I plug in my G25 to my 60Gb PS3, the left side green light comes and the right side green light blinks continuously. There is no resistance in the wheel and none of the buttons function at all. According to Murcie, he does not have that occur. I'd be curious to know if you have the "PS2 System Data" file in the Utility folder or not ?

Anyone else have any issues with GT4 and their G25 ?

I use a G27 with my PS2 and GT4. As has been stated, you can't use the clutch or the H-shifter.

I can't find a way to change which buttons do what, so drifting is nearly impossible as the e-brake is a tricky stretch away.

I use a G27 with my PS2 and GT4. As has been stated, you can't use the clutch or the H-shifter.

I can't find a way to change which buttons do what, so drifting is nearly impossible as the e-brake is a tricky stretch away.

You can run a cheap mod to put a handbrake by following the video below:

Last edited:
someone tell me if the G25 force feed bcak works in PS3 with nfs shift, GT5p or grid???
if it doesn't work is too bad?
is the ffb realy good? it only vibrate???

I cannot get my G27 to work with GT4 on my PS3. I have made sure the only controller on is the G27 and not the sixaxis and I still get no button response and prompt to "press the ps button" when the game starts. Any help would be appreciated!

Disregard last. Issue solved. Simply had to reassign wireless controller to #2 after starting the game then unplug the usb cable for the g27 then plug back in. Worked like a charm!

Back