Gran Turismo 4 Nissan 350Z Limited Edition demo

  • Thread starter Thread starter lancer10
  • 42 comments
  • 7,108 views
Messages
34
just got this in IGN.com



First up is a new limited edition version of GT4 being co-developed with Nissan. Set for limited release next Spring only in Europe, Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition will feature the Nissan 350Z, in Sunshine Yellow and Black body colors, as its focus. SCE has done this sort of thing numerous times in the past, so this news doesn't come as much of a surprise. Only 700 copies of this collectors' item will be released.
The second title won't be playable in the home. Yamauchi revealed today that Polyphony is working with Toyota on a motion attraction called the Motor Sports Simulator that will make use of GT4 technology. The attraction will be initially placed in the Toyota "Mega Web" showrooms and will let players race through the new Fuji Speedway raceway (which opens in April of 2005).

Polyphony actually has an amazing motion-based version of Gran Turismo in its five-star offices that journalists like us are given a chance to try out when we go in for interviews. If this attraction is anything like that, racing fans are in for a real treat. Let's hope SCE and Toyota make it available for car fans throughout the world
 
they need to stop releasing demo's left and right and just release the bloody game already
 
If they stop making new demos for every car and track , then maybe we will be avaible to get GT4.
 
"Prologue 2" anyone??!!! For gods sake PD enough with the demos.
 
Pisses me of that PD just keep on doing more and more demos than just release the blody game instead!!!!!!!!!Who gives a **** about demos?? we want THE GAME!!
 
well i guess this is what the sony age has brought us.
repeated spinn offs of products that havent even been released yet.
were like starved dogs and all that.

can anyone imagine something like this happening back in the nintendo/sega age?
 
why is everyone so pissed all the demos? Would you rather have absolutely nothing to play in the meantime? I'm sure you'd all be in a flaming rage if PD didn't release a single thing up between GT3 and the release of GT4. You'd all be saying "oh PD's taking this long to release the game, why can't they release a small demo??!?!". It's pretty clear no one here has any respect for PD and KY. It's about producing a product that they will be proud of and that will meet their standards. I feel the same way whenever I create anything, I don't like producing ****ty things and then standing behind them.
 
Where are you reading this is a demo? To me it seems like another nike style collectors edition only with the nissan 350Z. Im pretty sure they wouldnt put a demo out in spring...which is after the projected new release date of Q1....

I really dont see demo anywhere in that paragraph or article, so Im sure their just intending another collectors edition with a little variation.
 
Civicbus
why is everyone so pissed all the demos? Would you rather have absolutely nothing to play in the meantime? I'm sure you'd all be in a flaming rage if PD didn't release a single thing up between GT3 and the release of GT4. You'd all be saying "oh PD's taking this long to release the game, why can't they release a small demo??!?!". It's pretty clear no one here has any respect for PD and KY. It's about producing a product that they will be proud of and that will meet their standards. I feel the same way whenever I create anything, I don't like producing ****ty things and then standing behind them.
What he said :) And who says a demo is actually taking away development time for the full GT4? Since they have the code for the car and track already, all they're really doing is slapping some code here and there together so that it's a playable demo. It's not like PD started from scratch to create the demo when they could've used the time to work on the full GT4 version
 
Ceyvme
Where are you reading this is a demo? To me it seems like another nike style collectors edition only with the nissan 350Z. Im pretty sure they wouldnt put a demo out in spring...which is after the projected new release date of Q1....

I really dont see demo anywhere in that paragraph or article, so Im sure their just intending another collectors edition with a little variation.

are you replying to me or everyone else above me?
The title for the thread, correct me if im wrong, reads "Gran Turismo 4 Nissan 350Z Limited Edition demo"
 
This is actually old news. This info was released alongside the Nike "limited edition".

The question is, is this a limited edition game, or is it a limited edition car with a game? Or a car with a limited edition game? Or.......
 
Ceyvme
Where are you reading this is a demo? To me it seems like another nike style collectors edition only with the nissan 350Z. Im pretty sure they wouldnt put a demo out in spring...which is after the projected new release date of Q1....

I really dont see demo anywhere in that paragraph or article, so Im sure their just intending another collectors edition with a little variation.
The title of the thread man.Plus it would be kinda dumb to make a demo after GT4 is already released.

Civicbus
The title for the thread, correct me if im wrong, reads "Gran Turismo 4 Nissan 350Z Limited Edition demo"

:lol: Good one. 👍
 
Ummm, now this may seem silly but here goes anyway.

A demo only with 700 made... 350Z... Only for Europe... Sound like something you've heard before?

That's because IGN sounds like it has a "demo" mixed up with a REAL CAR.

That is unless Sony intends to hand it out WITH the car.

Ceyvme
Where are you reading this is a demo? To me it seems like another nike style collectors edition only with the nissan 350Z. Im pretty sure they wouldnt put a demo out in spring...which is after the projected new release date of Q1....

I really dont see demo anywhere in that paragraph or article, so Im sure their just intending another collectors edition with a little variation.

God dammit, beaten. lalala.
 
I'm just pissed, b/c PD only seems to be giving N. America buyers small things. I've only heard of TWO demos being released here, and other countries getting almost 4- to who knows how many more Demos than the US.

PD, you're gonna really piss off us Americans, and you won't like it when we're pissed off at another country.


(No Offense)
 
:lol: I hate to correct you but only one demo the Toyota and thats it. The Subaru demo was just a rumor.
 
Then that's going to make more Americans mad.

I'd like an explanation from Yamauchi himself, as to why he's only giving us 1 demo, and the rest of the world who knows how mnay.

He should know by now (You think he would!) that us Americans are going to buy this game just as much as any other place. He's only making more of us madder, by the release dates, and poor supply of demos. 👎

EDITED:
BTW, I said I heard of 2 demos, I didn't say there were.
 
l33tc4k30fd00m
Ummm, now this may seem silly but here goes anyway.

A demo only with 700 made... 350Z... Only for Europe... Sound like something you've heard before?

That's because IGN sounds like it has a "demo" mixed up with a REAL CAR.

That is unless Sony intends to hand it out WITH the car.



God dammit, beaten. lalala.
Yeah I think IGN did mess up with the real car and I dont think the mods like that kinda language man be careful. :D

McLaren F1GTR
Then that's going to make more Americans mad.

I'd like an explanation from Yamauchi himself, as to why he's only giving us 1 demo, and the rest of the world who knows how mnay.

He should know by now (You think he would!) that us Americans are going to buy this game just as much as any other place. He's only making more of us madder, by the release dates, and poor supply of demos. 👎

EDITED:
BTW, I said I heard of 2 demos, I didn't say there were.
Yeah it does make us made. Oh sorry I didnt read right about the demo thing but just to inform you so you are aware there is only sadly one avaiable demo to us americans with two cars and two tracks and a stupid 150 seconds time limit.
 
I guess if you collect enough demos you'll have the whole game.
 
I just wish they were released in the US.. i know they can be bought online...
 
pimp racer
Yeah it does make us made. Oh sorry I didnt read right about the demo thing but just to inform you so you are aware there is only sadly one avaiable demo to us americans with two cars and two tracks and a stupid 150 seconds time limit.

Actually, the time limit on that one is only 120 seconds. I have to cheat like hell just to get the Prius around Fuji in under two minutes.

I'd like to know about the demo situation myself.. I mean, there's no reason not to bring this latest demo to the U.S.. I'm sure PD put the English & MPH options in there for a reason.. the only thing they'd have to do is change the region coding to U/C, and that's probably a five-minute job. And it's not like these discs are expensive to produce or anything.
 
To make everyone happy there should be:

Only 1 demo, no manufacturer specific demos.
This demo made available around the world not just Europe, USA or Japan.
4-7 cars, 2-3 tracks
No time limit
No paying for it!

Now if only I could travel backwards through time to give this list to KY
 
i forgot gt1 was out that long back ah it's like seeing it for the first time " wow wow dude that car looks so real " lol now it looks like crap that is gt1 hehehe

-Gran Turismo: Real Driving Simulator (PS) 1998
-Gran Turismo 2: Real Driving Simulator (PS) 1999
-Gran Turismo 3: A Spec (PS2) 2001
-Gran Turismo Concept 2001 Tokyo (PS2) 2001
-Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva (PS2) 2002
-Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Seoul (PS2) 2002
-Gran Turismo 4 Prologue (PS2) 2003
-Gran Turismo 4 Toyota Demo (PS2) 2004
-Gran Turismo 4: Real Driving Simulator (PS2) 2004
-Nike Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (PS2) 2004
-Gran Turismo 4 mobile (PSP) 2005
-Nissan 350Z Gran Turismo 4 Limited Edition (PS2) 2005
-Gran Turismo: Motor Sports Simulator (showroom) 2005
-Gran Turismo for Boys (PS2) 2005
-Gran Turismo 4 Online (PS2) ???
-Gran Turismo 5 (PS3) ???
 
Jedi2016
Actually, the time limit on that one is only 120 seconds. I have to cheat like hell just to get the Prius around Fuji in under two minutes.

I'd like to know about the demo situation myself.. I mean, there's no reason not to bring this latest demo to the U.S.. I'm sure PD put the English & MPH options in there for a reason.. the only thing they'd have to do is change the region coding to U/C, and that's probably a five-minute job. And it's not like these discs are expensive to produce or anything.
Oh my bad I forgot it was 120 seconds then :lol: I havent played that demo since I got it like in the summer!.
 
Revheadnz
To make everyone happy there should be:

Only 1 demo, no manufacturer specific demos.
This demo made available around the world not just Europe, USA or Japan.
4-7 cars, 2-3 tracks
No time limit
No paying for it!

Now if only I could travel backwards through time to give this list to KY
Might want to scratch out USA as we've only recieved 1 demo, and that demo doesn't help presuade that many buyers at all.

I was thinking more like 5 tracks, and 10 cars.
 
McLaren F1GTR
Might want to scratch out USA as we've only recieved 1 demo, and that demo doesn't help presuade that many buyers at all.

I was thinking more like 5 tracks, and 10 cars.

All the same, the US got one more demo than NZ and thats one more demo I'm missing out on playing. Yea thinking about it 5 tracks and 10 cars would be better since we'll get 80 tracks and 750 cars in the full.
 
Do NZ have Prologue? I thought you did.
 
Back