Gran Turismo 4 Retexture Mod v3.0.2

• Thread starter Hatersbby
  • 288 comments
did you extract cars and tracks inside replacements?
Yes

1726045724290.png

that looks correct to me so im not sure where the problem is. my suggestion is double checking pcsx2's settings to see if something's changed but other than that i dont have a clue...
Which settings do I need to check? It was working with the last version, I simply deleted the old replacements folder and pasted the new one in

Which settings do I need to check? It was working with the last version, I simply deleted the old replacements folder and pasted the new one in
the folder settings but i dont think you did anything that changed the folder that it reads the textures from so im lost unfortunately...

Hey, i've found some small errors with the new pack. Something from the car textures folder is conflicting with some text elements from Silents HD HUD & UI pack. Its only on a few screens, such as the main title screen, the arcade course select screen, pre race screen, and current car name + credits and date in GT mode. I know its the new car folder causing this since when I removed it, these textures became HD again, and I never had this with the previous retexture mod version. I've attached some screenshots to show what I mean.

Attachments

• SS5.png
    SS5.png
    28.8 KB · Views: 2
  • ss4.png
    ss4.png
    93.4 KB · Views: 2
  • ss3.png
    ss3.png
    111 KB · Views: 3
  • ss2.png
    ss2.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 3
  • ss1.png
    ss1.png
    145.2 KB · Views: 2
Hey, i've found some small errors with the new pack. Something from the car textures folder is conflicting with some text elements from Silents HD HUD & UI pack. Its only on a few screens, such as the main title screen, the arcade course select screen, pre race screen, and current car name + credits and date in GT mode. I know its the new car folder causing this since when I removed it, these textures became HD again, and I never had this with the previous retexture mod version. I've attached some screenshots to show what I mean.
stay tuned as i will make an edit to the main post.
i have found some and wrote the hashes. i hope they were all of them, if not i will search for more

Last edited:
stay tuned as i will make an edit to the main post.
i have found some and wrote the hashes. i hope they were all of them, if not i will search for more
Most of them seem to be fixed now as far as I can tell. Great work on this pack, everything looks so much cleaner and the new skyboxes are such a good QOL update on their own.

the folder settings but i dont think you did anything that changed the folder that it reads the textures from so im lost unfortunately...
Right, so this is really embarrassing but... I somehow managed to confuse this texture pack with the HD UI pack... Since I had erased the other folder, which was containing the HD UI texture pack as well, then I concluded your pack was not working, when it in fact is. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Right, so this is really embarrassing but... I somehow managed to confuse this texture pack with the HD UI pack... Since I had erased the other folder, which was containing the HD UI texture pack as well, then I concluded your pack was not working, when it in fact is. Sorry for the inconvenience.
no probs, **** happens :D there are some images that interfere with HD UI pack so make sure to check main post to delete them

Night and day difference, very good stuff mate.
1726233252307.png

On a side note, speaking of Slientwarrior's UI texture pack, I'd recommend people have a look at that thread because I've posted a fix for a common texture issue with the GT Mode background where one of the replacement texture tiles doesn't render because it's incorrectly named. Thought I'd mention it here to get the word around more, particularly because I've seen Streamers who use the texture pack who have the same issue so maybe others have it too.

Night and day difference, very good stuff mate.
View attachment 1388806

On a side note, speaking of Slientwarrior's UI texture pack, I'd recommend people have a look at that thread because I've posted a fix for a common texture issue with the GT Mode background where one of the replacement texture tiles doesn't render because it's incorrectly named. Thought I'd mention it here to get the word around more, particularly because I've seen Streamers who use the texture pack who have the same issue so maybe others have it too.
PCSX2 sometimes dumps with different names for some reason. For example i was looking at the font textures that were affected and they got dumped different name. I could locate and delete the affected once by typing first 4 characters to search bar because copy pasting didnt give me anything.

ah, I thought I'd have a definitive answer for everyone's sake, I suppose I still have a lot to learn about how these systems function.

Oh while I'm here, Did you use the same A.I model for the El Capitan skybox as you did the Seattle skybox by any chance? I ask this because, the El Capitan skybox seems to have the same dithering issue as Seattle's albeit to a lesser intensity. It might be worth considering having another look at the skyboxes in which that specific model was used for

ah, I thought I'd have a definitive answer for everyone's sake, I suppose I still have a lot to learn about how these systems function.

Oh while I'm here, Did you use the same A.I model for the El Capitan skybox as you did the Seattle skybox by any chance? I ask this because, the El Capitan skybox seems to have the same dithering issue as Seattle's albeit to a lesser intensity. It might be worth considering having another look at the skyboxes in which that specific model was used for
i have used 3 of 4x models and did some 2x only (chainner's custom scale). i saw that all having relatively similar issue. i may need to use the 1x dither deleter model that i used on cars, on 4x proccessed ones or just redo them 1x like the seattle one today

Latest Posts

Back