Gran Turismo 4 Retexture Mod v3.0.3

• Thread starter Hatersbby
  • 364 comments
I know you guys dont cater to a mobile audience, but some people might run into this issue. I tried to use this mod, and when unpacking I noticed my phone slowing down.

There are some files in the "replacements\tracks" folder, pertaining to the Nurburgring track, that Android's file system cannot interpret and cannot access. All the files with special characters cannot be interpreted by a bug in Android which cannot handle them, these files are like toxic waste, they can't be deleted or renamed, only moved. This happens on Android 11 and above.

I researched a bit, but there is no fix yet, AFAIK. In the end I could not even test it. I used other retextures in other games and they all seem fine. This is related to these characters encoding.

I know you guys dont cater to a mobile audience, but some people might run into this issue. I tried to use this mod, and when unpacking I noticed my phone slowing down.

There are some files in the "replacements\tracks" folder, pertaining to the Nurburgring track, that Android's file system cannot interpret and cannot access. All the files with special characters cannot be interpreted by a bug in Android which cannot handle them, these files are like toxic waste, they can't be deleted or renamed, only moved. This happens on Android 11 and above.

I researched a bit, but there is no fix yet, AFAIK. In the end I could not even test it. I used other retextures in other games and they all seem fine. This is related to these characters encoding.
Maybe you can try to delete the files that make problem on computer first then you install the pack on your phone when it's "cleaned"?

These are some of the files. These files behave like poison to Android's new file system permissions, 11, 12, 13 and above.
It is weird, because they don't have special characters in them.

IDK, I thought it would be possible if the special characters were removed, but it seems these don't have any on them, but they still can't be death with. I'm a bit tech savvy, but I'm not an expert, specially in Android. Maybe someone with Linux knowledge could be able to understand.

Maybe if you remove the files, but can you tell which files are problematic? As you can see these files don't have specials on them. Once they are on your phone, they can't be removed. Like I've said, I'm using Termux(Linux Terminal) on Android, with some permission bruteforcing that usually, would get the work done, Shizuku(ADB) + Termux with file storage permission. I found that that the bug is from Android, the files are clean, Android cannot understand the folder name, so the files inside are also hostage.

I will try to unpack the mod on top of these files again, it takes hours in Android, because of special characters and the huge amount of files 86k+. It is hard for the Android file system to handle. I will unpack the mod on my emulator replacement folder, and then move the problematic on top of it, because if they are being used by the emulator, I wouldn't mind.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-30-14-26-31-970_com.termux.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-09-30-14-26-31-970_com.termux.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_2024-09-30-14-35-59-105_com.termux.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-09-30-14-35-59-105_com.termux.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
These are some of the files. These files behave like poison to Android's new file system permissions, 11, 12, 13 and above.
It is weird, because they don't have special characters in them.

IDK, I thought it would be possible if the special characters were removed, but it seems these don't have any on them, but they still can't be death with. I'm a bit tech savvy, but I'm not an expert, specially in Android. Maybe someone with Linux knowledge could be able to understand.

Maybe if you remove the files, but can you tell which files are problematic? As you can see these files don't have specials on them. Once they are on your phone, they can't be removed. Like I've said, I'm using Termux(Linux Terminal) on Android, with some permission bruteforcing that usually, would get the work done, Shizuku(ADB) + Termux with file storage permission. I found that that the bug is from Android, the files are clean, Android cannot understand the folder name, so the files inside are also hostage.

I will try to unpack the mod on top of these files again, it takes hours in Android, because of special characters and the huge amount of files 86k+. It is hard for the Android file system to handle. I will unpack the mod on my emulator replacement folder, and then move the problematic on top of it, because if they are being used by the emulator, I wouldn't mind.
I'm sorry that i can't help you more with your problem. Maybe someone else will be able to help! Keep an eye here!

Back