Gran Turismo 5 Install Error!

• Thread starter GT5Noob
  • 17 comments
My Gran Turismo 5 disc wasn't working right, so I decided to delete the installed game data from my PS3. After I deleted it I clicked on the disc and it asked me to create a 2200MB partition, so I clicked yes and it says that it's installing, but right before it gets to 1% I get an error code. The error is, "An error occurred during the install operation" and it gives me the error code 8001002B. I already tried restarting my router, signing out of PSN, disabling the media server connection, & cleaning the disc but to no avail. I also tried putting in other games and they work just fine. Why am I getting this error? Is there any way to fix it?

Ive had that problem before. The reason I had that problem was not enough memory left. Try deleting some things and reinstall.

Jurraic5
Ive had that problem before. The reason I had that problem was not enough memory left. Try deleting some things and reinstall.

Im sure normally it tells you if you dont have the space.

Edit: I just googled the error code seems to mean dirty or scratched disc or rather the ps3 cant read what is supposed to be copied.

Do that and select the option "Restore file system"

I tried that but then it tells me, "The file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restored." I click ok & my PS3 restarts after that, & then I still see that my playlists are still there. So the "Restore File System" didn't work. I still get the install error. :(

GT5Noob
I tried that but then it tells me, "The file system on the system storage is corrupted and will be restored." I click ok & my PS3 restarts after that, & then I still see that my playlists are still there. So the "Restore File System" didn't work. I still get the install error. :(

Check your disc as per what I posted above

Just going by the error message The ps3 cant read the files to be copied.

If that's the case I would recommend either cleaning or replacing the blu ray lens, if in fact the disc is free from scratches and is clean.

Just a side note: Switching from stock blu ray lens to aftermarket helps a lot, even if your ps3 is brand new! Sony uses such crap parts, especially in the slim line and later.

If that's the case I would recommend either cleaning or replacing the blu ray lens, if in fact the disc is free from scratches and is clean.

Just a side note: Switching from stock blu ray lens to aftermarket helps a lot, even if your ps3 is brand new! Sony uses such crap parts, especially in the slim line and later.

I tried cleaning the blu ray lens earlier, but that didn't do a thing. This isn't the first time I've had this issue though, about a month ago I had the same error but cleaning the blu ray lenses fixed. I don't know what's wrong this time around.

I tried cleaning the blu ray lens earlier, but that didn't do a thing. This isn't the first time I've had this issue though, about a month ago I had the same error but cleaning the blu ray lenses fixed. I don't know what's wrong this time around.

just a small chance it will work,but, try laying the ps3 upside down (on its top) while trying to do this. Sometimes (very few) doing this allows the lens to "fall" the slightest bit closer to the disc and it will be able to read it.

whether this works or not, look online to order a new lense and watch some video on how to replace it while you wait for the delivery.

AJHG1000
Download a beta or a demo at the PS Store (Crysis 3 or Dead Space 3)

He needs a game that installs from the disc he will then know if reading the disc is the problem.

Latest Posts

Back