Gran Turismo 7 Game Update is Coming Next Week, With Three New Cars

• Thread starter notarjy
  • 179 comments
For the van I’m thinking more the Honda Stepwagon instead of the HiAce.. Just because the length of the roof looks a bit shorter than most pictures I found of the HiAce, it seems to fit the length of the Stepwagon better :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What tyre temp percentages?
tyretemp.png

At first I thought that van might've been a Daihatsu Gran Max/Toyota TownAce since it kinda looks short to be a regular Hiace, but it might be a standard LWB model (as opposed to the Himedic's base I suppose?), or it could be a Nissan NV350, who knows🤷‍♂️

Anyways, the final model R35 GT-R is interesting since that means we'd have the first (KPGC10) to last GT-Rs (to date) in-game, as for the Evo, well I'm pretty indifferent to them, mainly since the IX is in already. Will definitely have to see what else is in the update.

If it is the Takumi edition as mentioned upthread, the interesting part of it is PD being on the bleeding edge of a new car release for the first time in ages.

I think it's literally just this and the Super Formulas that they've added really quickly after the actual car is announced/released?

If it is the Takumi edition as mentioned upthread, the interesting part of it is PD being on the bleeding edge of a new car release for the first time in ages.

I think it's literally just this and the Super Formulas that they've added really quickly after the actual car is announced/released?
I thought the Z. It’s a 2023 model. They didn’t even announce it as a special addition to the game. It made big headlines across the globe, but didn’t make the trailer. Was just part of the initial car list. No fanfare or anything for one of the hottest new cars.

Even though the Z was introduced in 2021, GT7 was supposed to debut in 2021. The new Z would be that newest car added right after its world debut, but the game was delayed.

Let's hope that's the case, we need all the cars we can get and for the money's worth from buying the game. I heard something about a demo in the article, I'm interested to see what's inside. I'm curious as to what PD makes with the van, maybe a new version of the HiMedic? I saw the top car in the silhouette's was a van-shape so that led me to my hypothesis. But not sure about the other 2 cars, can't guess as to what models they will be.

Last edited:
I'd like to see some new championships too in the campaign mode, not in Sport mode. That was fun doing those when I first started this game in November 2022. The world drivers were nice and interactive.

Last edited:
I like the T-Spec, a great color choice with the timeless Millennium Jade and Midnight Purple, happy with the Evo, I literally have custom grids full of Lancer and Impreza to relive the days of Gran Turismo 3.

The Toyota van on the other hand is as useless as the its Ambulance variant, minimum effort maximum yield for our God Kaz.

Didn't GT Sport did the same with the GR Supra, GR Yaris and GR86? I remembered those being released pretty quickly in-game after the cars were revealed irl.

No new GT500/GT300 cars from Super GT series, Kaz sure thinks those from 2016 are enough...
This is one thing that itches me badly(and definitely a huge chunk of the Japanese playerbase) tbh. Forget the 296 GT3, where are the new GT500s?

It's good to see an update come before November. Cars seem good to me but as always for me I wonder what engine swaps will be available. Also it looks like these cars aren't budget busters so it will be good for me

kjb
It's good to see an update come before November. Cars seem good to me but as always for me I wonder what engine swaps will be available. Also it looks like these cars aren't budget busters so it will be good for me
I knew PD wouldn't forget about it. I'm fine with whatever they chose for the cars and new events.

GT7 is nearly 3 years old. GT Sport had already stopped getting regular (and major) updates at the same point pretty sure, I think the fact that support for the game doesn't seem to be ending anytime soon is pretty impressive taking that into account.
Well, still 5 months before the third anniversary. So more like 2 and half

No new GT500/GT300 cars from Super GT series, Kaz sure thinks those from 2016 are enough...
Well, Kaz lives in a world of his own, we will probably have the current GT500s when they are already more than obsolete or retired, like the 2016s we received in 2019/20 ready for retirement. 🤦🏻‍♂️ The Toyota van is probably priority.

Thing with Super GT cars it might be a issue with licence or the price is too high but we gotten one modern GT300 car that was the BRZ so who knows

Last edited:
MGR
Bonnet on the suspected Evo looks like an 8/9 version. Kind of looks like it has a shadow from the roof ridges too. Probably an 8MR.
It's got the correct windshield sprayers and roof antenna.

Thing with Super GT cars it might be a issue with licence or the price is too high but we gotten one modern GT300 car that was the BRZ so who knows
They added just 3 gr3 cars. 1 super gt 300 from 2021, 2 gt3(mercedes from 2020 and nissan gtr from 2018).

Do we have a list of all the cars added as un update?

They added just 3 gr3 cars. 1 super gt 300 from 2021, 2 gt3(mercedes from 2020 and nissan gtr from 2018).

Do we have a list of all the cars added as un update?
I meant exclusively from modern Super GT and the BRZ GT300 is the only one

Last edited:
At first I thought that van might've been a Daihatsu Gran Max/Toyota TownAce since it kinda looks short to be a regular Hiace, but it might be a standard LWB model (as opposed to the Himedic's base I suppose?), or it could be a Nissan NV350, who knows🤷‍♂️

Anyways, the final model R35 GT-R is interesting since that means we'd have the first (KPGC10) to last GT-Rs (to date) in-game, as for the Evo, well I'm pretty indifferent to them, mainly since the IX is in already. Will definitely have to see what else is in the update.
We are missing many model years of the r35 GTR.
Many may not care but over the years the cars changed significantly in power and weight. I’m bummed the OG 2007 GTR R35 is not in the game anymore. That was the giant killer and PD couldn’t be bothered to bring it back.

mef
We are missing many model years of the r35 GTR.
Many may not care but over the years the cars changed significantly in power and weight. I’m bummed the OG 2007 GTR R35 is not in the game anymore. That was the giant killer and PD couldn’t be bothered to bring it back.
the OG 07 GTR should show up someday as its listed in the data leak , i just wished we had that original concept too :D

Last edited:
If you’re expecting massive changes or “big” updates to a game that’s over 2.5years old, then I think the problem lies with your expectations being unrealistic instead of with the developer.

The way some of you are reacting this late into the games life cycle is really showing up your lack of critical thinking.
I agree that free updates can’t be expected but if they are offered they should be meaningful, otherwise it comes across as trolling. That why people started making Kaz themes…

The other side of these updates and disappointment about it is people know that this is a deeper problem with GT and PD. The lack of new cars has always been an issue. There seems to be no content pipeline efficient enough to give us a semi timely delivery of models from manufacturer to the game. Despite all the talk we sometimes heard from PD that they are talking to Porsche etc new cars seem to car come randomly, rather than in a regular pipeline fashion where you would know “Porsche released a new model, we can expect it to be scanned and be in the game in 6month time.” The reality is, we will never know if any of the new cars we love will ever be in the game and for car enthusiasts who love GT this is deeply frustrating.
Kaz seems to be unaware of this or unable to improve it. This is a missed opportunity because more current cars would help both manufacturers and gamers. And many gamers would be happy to pay for NEW cars with DLC money. Why can’t Sony/PD see this angle?
Their approach of working at their own glacial pace is their perogative but it really is no surprise many people are frustrated by it. The fans of GT have made this game yet we have no say in it.

P.s. Some people (including myself) use gt7 as way to test drive potential cars to buy IRL and this is likely something car manufacturers and PD know. With all the marketing PD does how about going back to making more cars? That was the original selling point of GT.

Last edited:
Back