Gran Turismo 7 Remixed Moon Over The Castle Track Leaks Out on Streaming Sites

• Thread starter Famine
  • 29 comments
Ehhh, sounds too low-key to be the opening theme. It doesn't really stand out as much compared to past versions of the song. GT5's, especially.

Might fit the Music Rally, though, however that works.

I hope that's just a special version you can listen to in the music selection or something. It sounds like a YouTube Trap remix that loops the same phrase over and over again. It's literally 30% motc and that's just the first part of the buildup + one line of the main.melody....

Having used a wheel on PC since the first Need for Speed back in the late 90's , am I the first to admit that I may consider delving deep to try playing with the dualsense haptic and gyro gamepad?
(disclaimer: only cause I parted with my old wheel and PS4 some years ago, and will get GT7 well before another wheel, I am not sold on the fanatec DD's wheel, need to wait for TM new unveil, to compare, hopefully soon^TM)

Last edited:
TFW you see the word track in the title and don't think of music.

Jerome

If you have known Bring Me The Horizon when they were a Metalcore/Deathcore band, it's a really disappointing time listening to it.
It's not bad by all means, it could just be waaaaay rockier, and as a Metalhead it is sad to see the potential for a slapping version of MOTC go to waste.

Last edited:
🤘🤘🤘
Kaz dancing 02.gif

I like the breakbeat mix in this, that genre was big in Japan in the late 90s prior to the trance boom in the early naughties, and that genre was reflected in some songs in GT1 and 2, so hearing it I can sense a nostalgic tribute of what GT back then was considered the cutting edge of the future.

This version sounds like it came straight out of Tekken, and i love Tekken, so they did a great job in my opinion.

Can we all admit that the original Moon Over The Castle sounds like it was written by one of those 80's guitarists who were semi-famous for being able to shred a million notes a second and not their ability to write a tune anyway
I think GT2 had the best rendition of it with that piano intro TBH, fleshed it out a bit

I used mp3 music on my early games then you could implement them in the game(s).My gamesoundtrack was Sojiro,Vangelis and Kitaro mixed with some -70 to -80's music and hardrock/metal in the style of Scorpions,Rainbow,Doro/Warlock.And when Doro Pesch went solo and so on.

Last edited:
Can we all admit that the original Moon Over The Castle sounds like it was written by one of those 80's guitarists who were semi-famous for being able to shred a million notes a second and not their ability to write a tune anyway
It was written by Masahiro Andoh, founding member and guitarist of T-Square, arguably the most-prolific fusion band in the world, active since 1978.

The dude's a legend and certainly not a small-finger athlete; he's genuinely-musical and very-talented. Few realise he's credited for the entire GT1 soundtrack.

Masahiro Andoh – Gran Turismo Original Game Soundtrack

Check out T-Square's history and album list here:

T-Square - Wikipedia

EDIT:
Been a fan of T-Square since long before GT existed, so was stoked that Andoh-san's song evolved into the default, overarching theme for my favourite game. Yeah baby. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Back