Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49: Eiger Nordwand, Six New Cars, Physics Changes, & More

• Thread starter Famine
  • 1,624 comments
I really hope the red tyres actually mean zero grip like it was before - nothing like driving on red tyres
People forget that one of the updates basically zoomed in on the tire wear bar. So the "full wear" we see in 1.48 is basically "half wear" on the actual wear bar. But I guess they're dispensing with that and making full red undriveable again. We'll have to see how it works.

This thing about punctures it's a miss interpretation of what some WT players said.

We asked about this to Fraga after the race, and what he said is "well worn tires (red tires) are much slower now, they lose lots of performance, like in that patch we had punctures".

It's NOT the same thing as having punctures back, as by that time besides being much slower, you would spin like a Beyblade if you "punctured" the rears, or simple won't turn if it was the front tires.

It's all public on his Discord to anyone who can read Portuguese

Last edited:
This thing about punctures it's a miss interpretation of what some WT players said.

We asked about this to Fraga after the race, and what he said is "well worn tires (red tires) are much slower now, they lose lots of performance, like in that patch we had punctures".

It's NOT the same thing as having punctures back, as by that time besides being much slower, you would spin like a Beyblade if you "punctured" the rears, or simple won't turn if it was the front tires.

For sure is confusing because Barbara’s post it did said “puncture” but let’s wait and see probably is like the patch back then when you will spin as soon the tire was red.

I can reas portuguese. Where can I find this?

Edit: and apparently I can't write in English.

Last edited:
Was that an individual paint option as well?

My 328i Sport (a UK thing), was Calypso Red, always liked that colour but I didn't think it was on the M's.
On the M3's, Calypso was only available through the individual buyers program. It was not a standard color for the M3's, though it was for lesser models.

Agree it's a great paint color. Depending on light conditions it ranges from candy apple to burgundy. Definitely plan to recreate the color in GT7.

Last edited:
Seems hopeful physics update, and ai, i wonder when will that be online. Seems it's on the 25th july. Curious to see reviews of it.

Edit: in the update trailer, you don't see, at least visually, any tire deformation even on landing from a bump, and when in the air, no alignment change noticeable like camber.
Not sure if supposed to be in there, just seems lacking.

Last edited:
Tbh will love all that but what about gave us more information about tires temp in game, but let see on July 25
That should be easy for them, the tire temps show up on SimHub so why hide it from anybody not using SimHub?

Which reminds me, I really really really hope they give us the option to toggle the HUD on and off at the very least and to take it a step further let us choose what HUD items we want to display. The only time I care to look at it is for radar and of course fuel and tires IF I’m in that type of race, even then I’d toggle it off most of the time.

Most of the time when a new update trailer is released we get some extra details on gt website, i have not seen it yet, maybe because the trailer was a lot earlier than the update release date.

Most of the time when a new update trailer is released we get some extra details on gt website, i have not seen it yet, maybe because the trailer was a lot earlier than the update release date.
The trailer usually comes one day prior the update, this time we receive the trailer weeks prior, so any other details won’t come until the actual update date or close.

Well he just said that, suspension physics are more realistic and sim like, the tires are way different and the way you drive will affect massively, an overheated tire won’t work at all, but as the same of the drivers he didn’t reveal anything extra that we already heard.

Tbh will love all that but what about gave us more information about tires temp in game, but let see on July 25
That makes me think of the real life Gran Turismo vs David Coulthard TopGear time trial event in GT5 was it?
Ever since then I realised something needs to be done with tyres in GT. Coulthard could do one lap and then after that it would be slower and slower as far as I recall. As the tyres couldnt handle it. And us GT drivers could beat him easily. No challenge. We should be able to drive on road tyres, overheat them and it take minutes for them to get any grip back if at all, or some way to replicate the severe difficulty Coulthard had with the loss of grip after 1 hot lap.

Last edited:
Yup! And it's also an incentive to try cars that are below 600PP . . . or 500PP . . . or even (gasp) under 400PP!

Horse Thief is an issue for a bunch of Porsche Caymans but try it in a grid full of Honda S600s sometime. You may find it quite a blast. Eiger might be a similar track experience with a bunch of 240z/Gen 1 Skylines flying about the place.
I love the low powered machines, I just hate those glorified go kart tracks for racing other people.

Great update for me.

Only downside is that I have 2 years worth of setups for a lot of cars. And many of these cars have setups for different tracks.

It’s going to be a nightmare lol
You need only setup A car at a time, when you need/want to use it. It's not like you need to sit down and go through your entire garage, in a night... Unless that's your jam. In which case, have at it.

I am actually looking forward to the process of tweaking my individual tunes. Furthermore, as Boxster said, if it's an overall improvement, I'm happy to adjust to it.

Last edited:
Thinking i should maybe attack some CEs as i didn't do most on the account i now switched back to. Physics updates could make them harder again. Same goes for missions.

Or I'll just accept anything and use my account to try out everything with new physics when the update lands.

Reposting from the general news thread:

Heard from the people watching the show that it wasn't anything special, by the way. Not to mention I wasn't a fan of itasha to begin with, so I am probably not the target audience for these stuff.

Exactly this. I guess we see more infos around July 24th and at latest on 25th when the update and the whole changelog drops.

New cars in this update look AWESOME and I'm excited to see what Eiger Nordwand looks like with GT7 graphics - it was already a really pretty scene in GT6, so bringing it back with updated graphics should be an awesome experience. Best update in a long time in my books!
Also highly excited for the new course.
Looking forward to experience it in VR as well.

I can’t wait to see them. Regulary with this big updates there are lot of interesting content aling with it. We can expect at least more than standard 3 events etc. Maybe we will get another batch of paprika events? Gr4 Cup and Rally Masters still have only 3 events! :) maybe new missions? Who knows but I feel it could be great.

If the physics are an improvement, I don't mind changing the setups.
We don’t have the means or the data to judge if the new physics will be an improvement, even after we’ve driven it… we can only say if we like them more, or not.

The setups will have to be changed however, one way or another.

Don’t know if I’ll have the patience to do all that work again lol.

The one track from an older game I'd love to see is Complex String.

I would love to take the RGT 4.2 on that track for hours.

Big fan of the G923 here . . . but the haptic feedback from my rig is so great for tracking rear wheel stuff. I'm afraid I rely on it too much now.

Such a huge improvement . . ! If my wheels are off the ground, or my tires no longer have grip, the steering should feel lighter. Hopefully this new physics model will continue to do that.

I second the first bolded thing above. And I provide a hearty "AMEN" to the second. However, as you pointed out, the engine thing wouldn't be part of a physics update.

Some of the initial setup can take time but once you get the hang of it, you can be good to go.

After the physics update, see how your car handles. After you have it dialed in, then start to assemble your custom race. I have a couple cars that right now are at 592 & 594 PP (SH tires each) and I race against 620-660PP cars. Tire wear and especially fuel are where the race is won/lost.

And then there's Sophy.

Perhaps when the update hits, we can get 1, 2 or 3 lap races against Sophy (fingers crossed!)
Complex String would be fun track for testing out cars.

We don’t have the means or the data to judge if the new physics will be an improvement, even after we’ve driven it… we can only say if we like them more, or not.

The setups will have to be changed however, one way or another.

Don’t know if I’ll have the patience to do all that work again lol.
I believe this is why developers should have this mostly sorted out before releasing a game. Thankfully I don’t have a lot of setups but I never thought about that, it could ruin the ones I do have. The bad part, some of my best tunes were me just randomly tweaking suspension and somehow I got it first try without even driving it.

They obviously didn’t do their homework because the wheel used to get heavy when you’d lock your front tires up. Completely wrong.

My only thought is their plan was to slowly convert more arcade players over to more of a sim racing game.

Would be great :) but for now I hope they will fill the gaps in popular brands model range. I like that with this update Lamborghini standard cars model range is complete. What is left are performance variants of those and special edition cars like Reventon. Same with Porsche 911.
The Turbo variants of 911 are outstanding. A 996 or 997 Turbo would be sweet. (With active front and rear aero.)

Here’s something changed about the circuit, not sure if anyone has covered it yet. Coming out of the tunnel towards the final section of the circuit, looks like there’s a separate road coming in from the right (pictures included, I don’t have a fast enough trigger finger). Not sure if it’s for cinematics or if it’s a possible new layout, but thought it was interesting

My suggestion is in the game. wow.

Last edited:
Have to say, this highlights again what a jump ps2 to ps3 was graphically. I appreciate the additional detail of the ps4/5 rendition, but man PS3 was a huge leap
its basically the same angle. Wonder if PD did that on purpose

Back