Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,004 comments
Good to see GTWS back on!

Cant race the evening slots so had to do the AMs. I’m a high-mid DR B, and the EMEA splits were very competitive especially as I thought early morning would be quite.

Manufacture - Aston Martin. Wanted to try something different to AMG and not the meta Nissan, so only other manufacture that I’m good with both cars was Aston Martin

Race 1
Quali in P5, and I didn’t know whether to start on hards or softs. Opted for softs which was a bad choice.
Race was mix result for me. Got a great start and up to P4. But then it happened. P3 was the OP GTR on hards. I couldn’t get pass them. On the straights the GTR had too much exit speed and I couldn’t close or make a lunge anywhere. Managed to make a pass on lap 4 in the forest section, but on the straights I was having to defend and couldn’t make the soft advantage work. Lap 12 pitted from P2 on to the hard tyres and disaster struck! Im so bad on the hard tyres. So I lost a few places to hard/soft cars and now in P5. On the back of P4 I then go a loose the rear in the forest section. P6 now and last lap the car behind was on softs so it was a case of defend like it’s P1, but the last corner I couldn’t defend the corner and lost out. P7.

Race 2
In a high split, amd Quali I only managed a P10 start. This time I start in the softs.
Race start all ok, managed to make 2 places in the hairpin, but then the forest section it all comes undone. A few cars are going wide or crashing and I’m upto P6 but the AMG on the grass rejoins and whacks into me. I spin but I conveniently put the AMG back on track facing the right way. Now last and was thinking about a 2 stop, but thought I’d have a better chance with 1 stop. Lap 6 pit and back out on the softs for 12 laps. Was pushing hard and managed to undercut 3 cars in the pits stops. A few made errors which and upto P9. Last 5 laps I made an overtake into P8 and then a car ahead who had pitted on hards just came out infront on me. Had a good 2 lap battle but the car behind me was pushing me so I couldn’t really attack properly. Last lap P7 made a mistake and I managed to get by. Thought about going again but was a bit short on time and was happy to take my P7 and 86 points.

Started 7th, finished 10th. Went 10S/8H, one of my soft laps was faster than all of my hard laps. I also discovered that the '18 GT-R has crippling turbo lag, to the extent where I was losing a full second out of the hairpin to a '13 GT-R that was on hard tyres to my soft.

It's good to be back :cool:
All the Nissans in my split were in the ‘13 likely for that reason. The new car is a bit hopeless.

Started 7th, finished 10th. Went 10S/8H, one of my soft laps was faster than all of my hard laps. I also discovered that the '18 GT-R has crippling turbo lag, to the extent where I was losing a full second out of the hairpin to a '13 GT-R that was on hard tyres to my soft.

It's good to be back :cool:
All the Nissans in my split were in the ‘13 likely for that reason. The new car is a bit hopeless.
Nissan 13 is the OP Gr3. At Suzuka last week in the daily races the 13 was better than the 18. @stpatty if you don't own the 13 GTR buy it and us this car instead of the 18.

GTR 13 doesn't need to refuel in the race, are they any others that don't need to refuel?

Nissan 13 is the OP Gr3. At Suzuka last week in the daily races the 13 was better than the 18. @stpatty if you don't own the 13 GTR buy it and us this car instead of the 18.

GTR 13 doesn't need to refuel in the race, are they any others that don't need to refuel?
You’d think the Nissan is the OP but maybe not on pure lap time; have you glanced at the current leaderboards? Enlightening.

Last edited:
1300 slot in Americas....Pole to last, hairpin, thanks to a total missile shaped like a BRZ. Pushed through to 6th. What a bloodbath. Gonna give this one more try. I might be all done with this bull**** game if I get killed again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started 2nd and finished 2nd. Can't say that's awful for being in the BRZ. You're guaranteed to lose a position at the start and have to choose your line carefully for a good corner exit to stand any chance on the other straights. Learned I could do 13 laps on the soft before refuelling and grabbing hard tyres. First couple of attempts consisted of qualifying in the top 3 only to get punted to the back by the first hairpin. Good luck out there everyone!

Started 2nd and finished 2nd. Can't say that's awful for being in the BRZ. You're guaranteed to lose a position at the start and have to choose your line carefully for a good corner exit to stand any chance on the other straights. Learned I could do 13 laps on the soft before refuelling and grabbing hard tyres. First couple of attempts consisted of qualifying in the top 3 only to get punted to the back by the first hairpin. Good luck out there everyone!
I used the BRZ for a bit of fun on my backup account. Started 3rd on the hards, passed by 4th even before the right hand bend, pitted lap 1 to put on softs and get out of the hellish traffic. Managed to get them to the end, though needed a quick splash-and-dash on lap 17 (didn’t change tyres). Only managed 5th due to time loss passing some moronic midfielders. l

I would not necessarily recommend 17 laps on the softs but it’s a laugh.

After much re-arranging I manage to get time to run the second split in EU.
I was put in a C/S lobby as door number 1.
5 minutes Q means out at once but the lobby was total murder, people where racing/blocking and punting on the outlap.
At the end of my outlap I had damage to front, rear and wheel so I pitted and stayed there.
Started P16. Saw the carnage unfold already after the starting line so opted for 2 H/8S/8S.
Ran mostly alone and finished P9.
Didn't bother to check points as P1 was worth 31 points. And I was just looking for a fun race with people racing clean.
Nope.
I think I am done with the Championship. For good, unless PD decides to clean up with a proper penalty system.

I did half a practice race and several practice laps in the '13 car. My first practice lap in the '18 I went faster. The understeer in the '13 is just unbearable since you can't change the brake balance in GT7.

It'\s hard to get hyped for these two series really but I did enjoy that as a combo.

Jumped in the GTR '13 for this manu and the track in reverse has grown on me a bit since it showed up in the dailies, 18 laps around is a solid race experience and though it feels awkward in places still I did like the drive enough.

Divebombed into the hairpin on lap 2 though the guy was able to battle cleanly for the next few laps so I assume it was amistake, things happen, it's all good.

Where I was battling for 5th the racing was clean and each car giving space around them, no complaints at all.

Finished 7th, back in DR B for this so GT2, meaning I'm pretty pleased with the result in a competitive lobby.

It's better than this weeks dailies by a long shot so grab it while it's there fellas, enjoy the racing :cheers:

The Viper didn't like the hairpin, not one bit :ill: But still a better car than the 4C, so the change of manufacturer was good, at least for now :dopey: Of course I was paired with @GOTMAXPOWER which decided to do an almost Godlike perfomance after a spin (or whatever happened) at turn 1 :eek: In my regard the race was not bad, started 12th and ended 7th :)

It was a spin but not my work, people starting on softs decided to remove me from the race 🤪

That honestly makes it worse; if they'd changed it between Test Season and GTWS22, that'd make sense with what we've seen... but if you're in the league appropriate to the Test Season it means the GTWS22 site is wrong...

Unless the rules are different between Test and Official seasons... That might explain it.

It's off the GTWS22 official site.
not sure how it could be more official

PD being PD but it’s ok, only a real nerd like me would bother actually reading the rules & regs.
Is there a website that's not the main GT one?
Does anyone know if it's true that on the lineup screen (loading before qualifier), the drivers are listed in order of DR?
It was on GTS. If that is the case now then it's a change. Although barely anyone knows what their DR is so nobody can check.

Jeremy in the Cafe is wrong. The M6 does not handle well despite it's long wheelbase. I imagine the Titanic is easier to steer.
I prefer Zapp Brannagan's analysis. Much more accurate.
futurama-zapp.gif

Went in for 2 slots today.
First was at 18:00GMT.
Qualified P15 as I couldn't get a good lap together. Planned to do a 6H 12S. Thankfully starting so far back meant I missed the carnage into the hairpin on Lap 1. However it did but me right in the middle of the last corner to which I just held a slide on release. Up to P9 by the exit of the hairpin. I was on the back of a very slidy WRX ahead through the middle sector. This put us both off our optimal lines as we avoided each other. However the RCZ behind was on softs and not quite aware of what was in front. They gave me a slight nudge into the left after the tunnels and around she went.
3f19e62ef40efa76c7ceed4a55fe6e80_photo.webp

I had another random spin on the uphill towards the tunnels a couple of laps later. Once I pit for softs I was gaining on those ahead who were still having incidents. A few people quit including one who I passed after they spun. (out of embarrassment I assume.)
Ended up P12 in the end just shy of my usual top ten target. I was quite deflated after this one and thought that I'm in for a rough 3 race season.
After some tea I came into the desperadoes slot of 19:00GMT.
The car felt much better now for some reason and I was able to secure P8 on the grid. I went for the same strat as before.
Thankfully the hairpin was much better this time around and at least nobody around me was hit. It was obvious that I was the only one around me on hards. So whilst I did pass a spinning Viper I did loose a place to a Lexus and a Renault over the first couple of laps. However I settled into P9 before my stop with a good gap behind. I was stupid enough to gain a 3 second penalty on pit exit as the line starts quite early and the Titanic didn't swing to starboard quickly enough. D'oh!
After that I start making time on the hard runners and those who have incident. And I am able to pass a few cars on the straight! :D

affcdf36eda9c9e69b4ddcdd5be6b89f_photo.webp

I am P8 again behind an AMG who's legs on the straight mean I have no chance of hanging onto it. Coming into the last few corners I see the P1 is tumbling down the order so I know P7 is coming at the line. I mean really they have no excuse but I'm not complaining if they want to gift me a spot.
Top 10 acquired. But without a couple of incidents and my penalty I think P6 was on.
See you all next week.
20221228_214018.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone know if it's true that on the lineup screen (loading before qualifier), the drivers are listed in order of DR?
I did hear this back on sport (where a number plate would be assigned to your car ranked by DR) but I couldn't say for sure, it seems likely though.

I had a exact same experience in CS in the morning session, ended up 14th though it was a nightmare. Had a better 3rd race and came 4th. So left it at that for the day.
After much re-arranging I manage to get time to run the second split in EU.
I was put in a C/S lobby as door number 1.
5 minutes Q means out at once but the lobby was total murder, people where racing/blocking and punting on the outlap.
At the end of my outlap I had damage to front, rear and wheel so I pitted and stayed there.
Started P16. Saw the carnage unfold already after the starting line so opted for 2 H/8S/8S.
Ran mostly alone and finished P9.
Didn't bother to check points as P1 was worth 31 points. And I was just looking for a fun race with people racing clean.
Nope.
I think I am done with the Championship. For good, unless PD decides to clean up with a proper penalty system.
I had a exact same experience in CS this morning on race 2, ended up 14th though.
Had a 3rd race and came 4th, so left it at that, as a top 5 in DR C is as good as I've had so far online on gt7.

I did half a practice race and several practice laps in the '13 car. My first practice lap in the '18 I went faster. The understeer in the '13 is just unbearable since you can't change the brake balance in GT7.
Yeah the understeer is awful. I find that using the gear helps it turn. I.e blip down to 1st or 2nd then back up to gear you was in. Not sure if that trick works on this track as I not done a lap.
It'\s hard to get hyped for these two series really but I did enjoy that as a combo.

Jumped in the GTR '13 for this manu and the track in reverse has grown on me a bit since it showed up in the dailies, 18 laps around is a solid race experience and though it feels awkward in places still I did like the drive enough.

Divebombed into the hairpin on lap 2 though the guy was able to battle cleanly for the next few laps so I assume it was amistake, things happen, it's all good.

Where I was battling for 5th the racing was clean and each car giving space around them, no complaints at all.

Finished 7th, back in DR B for this so GT2, meaning I'm pretty pleased with the result in a competitive lobby.

It's better than this weeks dailies by a long shot so grab it while it's there fellas, enjoy the racing :cheers:
Know were your coming from about this series. Manufactures is ok, I enjoyed today race and agree it's better than the daily race, looking forward to Road Atlanta and autopolis just awful for me.
Nations Series I'm not even going to bother. Civic touring cars not a fan off, rally race will just be carnage, and the X19 no thanks.
So yes I believe the pre race lobby is ranked by highest DR first.

Did one of these this afternoon, and was pretty basic. Qualified on pole with the Evo and started on RS tires. Got pretty lucky as the guys in P2 & P3 were on RH tires, whereas the guys in P4 & P5 where on RS tires. So I was able to walk away from P2 & P3 who were fighting with P4 & P5 all of them holding each other up and ruining the RS tires on the P4 & P5 cars.

The good news is was able to get away and win pretty easy; the bad news is it was 18 laps without any racing. 12 on RS and 6 on RH.

4aa2f1f00534107837e3a09059e1f037_photo.webp

I really like the Evo here. It's not META, but it can compete.

These races are so much fun. I wish PD would do one of these every week as a part of the Daily races.

Last edited:
These races are so much fun. I wish PD would do one of these every week as a part of the Daily races.

I was just thinking the same. I managed 2 races this afternoon before work, and a small deluded part of me was looking forward to getting back home and having another crack :(

Last edited:
Well, I figured I'd get the dreaded freezing issue, but this was ridiculous. I lost count after it happened 10 times, but I'd estimate 15 times in the 18 lap race. Obviously couldn't hope to compete, feel fortunate that I managed a 12th place finish in my GT2 race.

So now I have GTWS, the dailies and the online time trial that are basically unplayable for me. I'm hanging up my GT helmet until this is sorted. :grumpy:
:(

Thankfully, I finished building my PC so I'll get my online fix from ACC where I can still finish toward the back, but at least it'll be my own doing, and not some random game-breaking glitch.

Last edited:

Porsche RSR didn't need to refuel. I had 1.3 laps left at the end of each of my races and definitely wasn't fuel saving.

Porsche RSR didn't need to refuel. I had 1.3 laps left at the end of each of my races and definitely wasn't fuel saving.
Neither did the Lamborghini, full revs every gear for 18 laps and still over a lap as I passed the line.
The Mustang however..... Shortshifting and still had to top off

Edit: to add insult to injury the polish driver that started one spot ahead of me yesterday and decided to pull out to overtake the car ahead without looking that I was already half alongside him and then continued to several times hip check me into the Armco on lap one sent me a PM on ps to call me names as well.
I hope he likes how Sony deals with that.

Last edited:
Did two races yesterday, using the Jaguar. In the first, started on hards, and pitted at the end of the 2nd lap. I had zero white on the left rear during the last lap. Had enough of a gap not to lose a place. Finished fifth, in low C/S lobby.
The second race pitted at the end of lap 3, so the final lap was a bit stronger. Finished 3rd.

In both races, by pitting early, I was able to drive in free air, while others were losing time battling with each other. Jumping as those ahead pitted.

Back