Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
Because it is the Nations Cup everyone ends up with a default helmet designed to represent the colors of their country. Should get your normal one if you do Manufacturer's
In Nations, your suit and helmet represents your country.

No you will still get the manu robes too.
In Manu, you match your default manu car livery not the new alternates.

Qualifying continues to be my biggest downfall as I lined up 16th for Nations round 2 in slot 1. A full second (0.999s) off pole.

I can race well enough, and through a little attrition and a couple of decent passes, I made up 7 positions and came home in 9th for 139 points. Hard to do much from the back in such a short race, though.

No connection issues that I saw and everyone who entered seemed to start.

Qualified in 1st and finished in 1st!

I should be happy, but something very bad happened. I was having a nice race against 2nd and 3rd places.
In the final lap at turn 5 the second place literally squeezed in the tiniest place I could possible think. I did lost control and the position.

I thought that was a very inappropriate move, but whatever. It's sad to be at the very last lap, but racing is racing so all good. Until turn 10 I got kinda nervous and there was some doors baging left and right.

The bad thing came at turn 10. The guy in first obviously covered the inside, but in my nervousness I ended up braking VERY late. Like, I hit the brakes, for a moment I thought it was too soon and then I accelarated a bit and tried to brake again. What a mess...
I did hit the guy in first and sent him very wide.

Now I'm sad because I'm 100% sure he thinks I did that on purpose because of turn 5. I actually got nervous and lost control of my pace and racing line.

Damn, it's feels bad. :(

Currently sat in a solid black screen during the qualifying session for NA Slot 1

Edit: only about a 3-5 minute wait, if that. Unnerving but not egregious.

Edit again: Won from the pole, pretty stoked. Just a B/S GT2 tier lobby but a grand slam is still nice. My first ever win in a World Series / FIA race in GT.

Last edited:
My connection was good 4 bar, 2 or 3 were not able qualify but were in the race.

I qualified 6th. Bad start. Fought back. Drove well for 7 laps. And then I guess I decided to crash into wall because things were going too well. Finished 2nd last. :banghead:

Good work out though. Heart was really pumping. :scared:

Last edited:
What is the trick to getting around Mount Panorama quickly? I'm practicing for the Manufacturer race in the GR4 Corvette and my best so far is 2:16.2, leader boards are in the 2:11s. It feels like a dog BOP'd to 347 HP and 3208lbs. As much as I would like to blame the car I'm just missing loads of time somewhere.

My friend had a very "interesting" experience in Nations. Joined the last slot, qualified 1st, but 5 people apparently had the black screen bug and never got out on track. But the game still considered them Running, so the quali kept going... And going... And going until they all left. The race ended up starting an hour and a half after the scheduled time, with only one other person in it (who never moved from the grid). Same points though!

The Nations have gone fairly well for me.
Sad to hear others are having connection issues.
I basically 1 and done both days so far.
2nd place on the 1st day and won from pole today.
Top 50 in the US
Btw are scoring 1/3 of the events or ?
I couldn't see where it said.

How is it I won R2 of nations cup tonight by over 10sec and I only received a measly 9points while others on the leaderboards are getting 50/60/70?
Is it due to the competition I’m racing and my DR and SR rating?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
My first race someone in front broke too late and went off the track, they then came back on and hit the side of my car. Result, a 2 second time penalty for me and they drove off into the distance. A few corners later an Audi barged up my rear then my side hitting me about three times, result, nothing for them and for me a big spin off. I qualified 5th, got up to 3rd and then ended up 12th as a result.
Canny frustrating race to be honest.

I won't be able to do these regularly anyway because of my shifts, 12.5hr day and nights mean I'll miss too many races

It's worth nothing for those saying they were hit and the the perpetrator didn't receive a penalty, they don't pop up immediately, they can take a few seconds to appear so if they driven past you and you have spun, stopped or gone off track, you likely won't see the penalty notice.

Far from perfect system but I read this a lot and it's something worth being aware of when claiming this. More often than not they likely are getting a penalty from the contact.

Last edited:
Well the update hasn't fixed the long wait times/black screen bug.

Just finished qualifying for Slot 2 in Asia-Pacific, and now waiting to get back to the pre-race lobby.

2 guys also commented during qualifying that they had a black screen whilst we were out on track.

It's worth nothing for those saying they were hit and the the perpetrator didn't receive a penalty, they don't pop up immediately, they can take a few seconds to appear so if they driven past you and you have spun, stopped or gone off track, you likely won't see the penalty notice.

Far from perfect system but I read this a lot and it's something worth being aware of when claiming this. More often than not they likely are getting a penalty from the contact.
Thank you for making this point. Anyway, I think there are too many people who just say things to cry without even trying to back them up with facts.
Yesterday I played some laps on the Nordschleife against the AI with very hard settings for penalties ectr too. I noticed that even the AI got penalties for touching my vehicle for which I was not responsible. But there were also points where I drove aggressively into the line of the AI, got hit and flew out, the AI didn't get a penalty. It's all interesting. Of course it's not perfect yet, but based on what I've experienced so far, it's significantly better than in GTS. Which is still not great. You fly off / turn out and slam into a wall head-on.. you've already lost endless time anyway, but on top of that there's a 3-second penalty! That's exaggerated.....

You fly off / turn out and slam into a wall head-on.. you've already lost endless time anyway, but on top of that there's a 3-second penalty! That's exaggerated.....
It definitely needs some work. I had a yellow flag come out when I was side by side with another car, I even let him past to make sure I wasn't overtaking under yellow, and still I got a penalty. I know it's a difficult thing to judge in that circumstance but it's frustrating nontheless, you should be given an instruction to let them back past first like in F1 before getting the 'ignoring yellow flags' penalty.

I really love how much better visually Bathurst is on GT7, I always liked the track but thought it was the ugliest on Gt Sport with bad lighting and simple textures / colour range, from my experience with it so far they've improved in every aspect. The lighting and sun is much more realistic and textures and foliage around the track have been heavily updated and added to. The feel of the track aswell, especially at the height of the mountain, feels more difficult to put the pedal down consistently, and throws the car around more as the camber there should.

Joined the midnight Manu slot after a big, boozy dinner out. No expectations for a great result, but some hope that it wouldn’t be too terrible as Bathurst is one of my better tracks.

Qualifying went ok, banked a 2:14.8xx (my best in FP had been a 14.4xx). Starting P8.

The race started calmly enough and I had pulled a 1.5s gap by turn 2. Followed another Vantage for 2 laps until a Lancer got it wrong out of Forest Elbow and we gained a place. Then spent a lap and a half pressuring the cars in front but they hung tough until a Mustang overshot the Chase on the last lap. Finished p6 for 216 points. A much better result than I expected.

Thanks Bathurst.

I really love how much better visually Bathurst is on GT7, I always liked the track but thought it was the ugliest on Gt Sport with bad lighting and simple textures / colour range, from my experience with it so far they've improved in every aspect. The lighting and sun is much more realistic and textures and foliage around the track have been heavily updated and added to. The feel of the track aswell, especially at the height of the mountain, feels more difficult to put the pedal down consistently, and throws the car around more as the camber there should.
One section of Bathurst that does need a bit of work in GT is the crest up Mountain Straight. I know from experience that when you go over it at speed, the car gets light and when it “lands” the road camber actually pushes the car to whichever side of the road the majority of the car is unless you cross dead centre of the road.

GT3 league - Manufacturers race for Genesis in the G70, Qualified P3 in failing light, the race saw me fall to P6 seriously out gunned on the straights, fading grip levels as night fell predictably caused multiple pileups on the mountain

Relatively straightforward here though I saw a handful complaining in the chat so I assume we're still having problems. My connection was up to 5 bars which is typically what it was on Sport so that's an improvement, others varied but it wasn't like a flat 3 bars across the board as is has been in previous rounds.

Started 3rd, finished 4th, couple passed me when I clipped the wall on the tight left hander turning up hill, trying to be too eager on the first lap, with one of them spinning out in front of me seconds later. Otherwise no trouble, nice drive into the night. I would have loved another 10 laps and a pitstop with perhaps a sign of morning coming at the finish line but I'll take what I can get right now!

This is a me problem. Not a game problem. I have poor vision. Trouble processing contrast in the dark when there are lights around, so it's not a matter of turning up the contrast. Generally I avoid driving at night in real life.

I have been reviewing my races so far and noitced something. All my races so far I have messed up near the end and I've been noticably slower late in the race when it gets darker.

I turned on the yellow racing line assist which helps. I didn't in use it in GTS. Full night racing wasn't a problem.

So I guess what I'm saying is the lighting is realistic and my eyes suffer the same as it would in real ife. :)

What's the recommended way to qualify for Bathurst? By yourself to avoid pileups going up/down the mountain, or in a group to get the draft coming out of Forests Elbow?

What's the recommended way to qualify for Bathurst? By yourself to avoid pileups going up/down the mountain, or in a group to get the draft coming out of Forests Elbow?
Stay away from traffic as much as you can. Sometimes it's possible to get a good tow on either of the big straights, but you have to be careful not to get yourself boxed in too much behind the car in front.

Last edited:
I'm DR A currently, not sure the exact number but it was 35K when I last checked in GTS.

At no point in my journey from DR D to here have I ever gained anything from qualifying with a tow, but rather lost time from being stuck around people who think qualifying is a race. Qualifying in clean air has 100% of the time been the right call.

Maybe if you're in A+ people know how to cooperate, but otherwise clean air beats everything.

Missed 1st slot, entered 2nd one, waited in the pits for 20 minutes...

Only 11 drivers stayed in the race, 7 got disconnected at the start of the waiting session.

Lucky to start 5th, ended up in 3rd. 289 points.

Pleasantly surprised it was a night race. I love night racing!

Back