Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,014 comments
Wow! Well I’m screwed then. Hyundai was decent at GV, not sure it’s going to be very strong at Nurburgring now, plus had no practice

Why they didn''t just schedule the season to start next week, instead of 24 hours after the track was added. Or just test the damn thing. Absolute cluster****.
You'd think "The pits break" would be relatively easy to catch.

Last edited:
Me too; I understand why they did thought because it seems there is a big problem with the pits at Grand Valley :ill:
so what's the issue? I quickly checked some Youtube streams and it seems fine. like this guy - pits on lap 10 and doesn't seem to be a problem

Wait so the round is cancelled?
No, it's just switched to NGP - I'm not sure whether the nullified points just applies to already completed races or if no one will score at all, but it will still run the later slots.

Luckily I got in a race before the track change. I did notice some pit lane glitches when I watched the replay back, and I do think 1 guy in my race got stuck in the pits midway through the race when they stopped.

Manu Rd.1 course change
Manu Rd.1 is Nur GP
Nations Rd.1 is Lago Maggiore - East End
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

So disappointed. I actually took some time off work do to some of these a GV today as my evening is packed. Was really looking forward to doing this race on the multiple accounts throughout the day.

I don't consider the practicing I was doing a waste as I love the track, but to get replaced with Nurb!?!? We just friggen did Nurb!

Guess I'll be working today, after all. :(

Last edited:
Why they didn''t just schedule the season to start next week, instead of 24 hours after the track was added. Or just test the damn thing. Absolute cluster****.
Or better still just have this race in Round 3 or put as Round 4? Giving people 24 hours to practice and test for glitches/bug is stupid.

I saw somewhere that apparently the track limits are broken too and these are to be fixed. Seems like PD haven't even tested the track.

Luckily I got in a race before the track change. I did notice some pit lane glitches when I watched the replay back, and I do think 1 guy in my race got stuck in the pits midway through the race when they stopped.
Yeah some people don't get the glitch but others do. I had it last night in practice lobby.
Are you doing Nurburbring? The results from Grand Valley are been null and voided, so you will lose your points

Actually got into the Grand Valley race and got a decent result though the race wasn't too interesting on my end
18678c1ad7491-de513DA5FFD3E028F0C.303E2748B5B5F40F_message_429328150760060_1677063088906.jpg

what a shame but a least those GV issues will be fixed

I tried RS.01 after update twice on Nurb GP

1. qualified P13 and race ended in P13 - meh race because my own mistakes , at the start i punted one guy 4 sec penalty 😑
2. qualified P11 way better 1.56.657 , race ended in P8 - pretty satified , even tho half of grid rage quit 🤣

at least finally the went back to 10min qualification you can do 5 laps

Anyone know how many laps the DS/Maggiore event is? Apparently I can't check it without entering the series, and I'd quite like to not lock myself into GT2 right now...

It says 20 laps on the official site.

EDIT: the link https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt7/news/00_5270638.html
That's Manufacturers, and R1 isn't listed (but I know it's still 17 laps).

None of the official pages I've tried lists the details for the new R1 of Nations at Maggiore East End, just that it's there...

I was only going off what a few people have said on a few streams. They seem to think it felt slower, but I’ve not tried it myself. Also looking at the BOP sheet it looks like it hasn’t had a change.

———————

Im tempted to go Lexus this time around…… I really want to use it but the Gr3 car puts me off a little and I also want to be competitive too. McLaren could be another option. My first manufacture when the game was launched.
The 911 still felt pretty good to me last night. Also was nice to be able to move the BB to the rear a little for practice on Grand Valley.

Damn, I took the day off from work to learn and race GV. Guess I'll use one of my other Fords seeing as points don't count for this round. BUMMER

Ok so after letting the dust settle on the track swap fiasco I can now say it was the right call. At the time I was a bit annoyed they swapped the track as I learned the track, picked a car I thought was decent there and was just looking forward to it. If PD had carried on using this combo and some were getting the bug or not it just causes issue when the results come in, as you just don’t know where you finish. As for picking Nurburgring GP again… that was annoying too. I guess with us just doing it recently it’s fresh in people minds maybe?

On to the racing. So I was going to sit this out as last time in the GTWS I had a horrible time, plus I’m in the Hyundai. In the end I though sod it… I’ll do one race and see how it goes.

Quali - waited in the pit lane to let chaos in front get clear so I have clean track. Managed to pull off a 1.55.605. Not a bad lap I thought which put me P9 for the race.

Race - Starting in P9, I opted for the soft tyres. I get a good launch and get through T1 into P8. Lost 2 positions in the next corner as a slower car ahead put me in an awkward position. L2 managed to make 3 positions up from 2 overtakes into T1 & T2, and the other was a Porsche hitting the pit entry wall on L1. P7 and comfortably lapping in the mid 1.56’s and not really losing much time to the leader but catching the group ahead. L8 caught the Supra in front and got by them as they pit stops started. Stayed out till L10 and made another position due to either contact or a spin from the cars ahead. Got the over cut done on the Supra and up to P5 now. The cold mediums compared to the warm mediums on the Supra made my life a little difficult. An error from me at the chicane meant I lost control a little bit and this gave up the position. Next lap I watched the Supra do exactly the same thing as me but this time they were not so lucky and off they went, so up to P5. Porsche behind on soft tyres was catching and the last 4 laps we had a great clean battle. Had to carefully position my car in a few corners to stop them passing me on the straight or making a gap to stop a dive. Survived this and crossed the line in P5. Genuinely don’t know how I managed to pull off a P5 in that race. Last time round I was struggling to get a top 10 in the Aston.

I shall quit whilst I ahead and take my 105 points from a high DR B lobby.

Back