Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,014 comments
Yeah I too am feeling the most comfortable with the slowest in a straight line car, the 240ZG, even with its broken dials going up to 6 and ¼ revs when it should be going all the way to 8k :lol:

Last edited:
I had a non-clean Q4/P6 for yesterday’s one-make race featuring the DS, but I scored an even 100 points and am now the best in CT’s GT2 class out of four entrants so far. I’m even in the top 30 for the USA and Canada for GT2, as well, so I’d say I’m doing well in my book. Definitely pumped for the next race featuring the various Z models.

It's annoying. Only one of the slots was affected and it became a useless round. Just poor management.
From what I can tell, five or maybe six of the ASOC slots were affected, along with at least one NCSA slot.

As Manufacturers relies on a global manufacturer ranking (and potential event invites based on this season if what I think is happening happens), it seems only fair that the ASOC drivers aren't disadvantaged by it.

From what I can tell, five or maybe six of the ASOC slots were affected, along with at least one NCSA slot.

As Manufacturers relies on a global manufacturer ranking (and potential event invites based on this season if what I think is happening happens), it seems only fair that the ASOC drivers aren't disadvantaged by it.
And what do you think is happening ? :embarrassed:

I've been doing some free practice for this Saturday's next Nation Cup race, and it turns out - at least, the last time I checked yesterday - that my best time is in the top 500 or so, using the 240ZG. I wonder why, in that sense, that the leaderboard is dominated by the newest Z? It also seems that some of the available cars have a different tire compound equipped to compensate for other factors. For example, that 240ZG I drove is running Sports Softs. Either way, I think this could be a real fun race, and I hope there's more like it in the future, where there are multiple models available.

Not sure whether to enter Manu on Wednesday but one thing to look out for is that pit entry! A little scary coming at it blind over the top of the hill so might be worth a practice! Thinking that i may pit really early to get a number of laps in clean air as i don't trust not getting punted or even being the punter at that first hairpin :lol:

Last edited:
Yes, more like the Nations please. There's so much variety of themes they can do: classic American muscle, FWD hatchbacks, modern supercars/sports cars, 86 Cup, Skyline Cup, 1990's Japanese cars, something kinda silly like balancing the 5 oldest cars in the game together somehow. Them doing tuning and balancing themselves shows some degree of effort and that's got me interested.

Last edited:
Not sure whether to enter Manu on Wednesday but one thing to look out for is that pit entry! A little scary coming at it blind over the top of the hill so might be worth a practice! Thinking that i may pit really early to get a number of laps in clean air as i don't trust not getting punted or even being the punter at that first hairpin :lol:
The Mustang is probably the quickest car at this track. You have to do it if you can!

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

There's a reason for that, it's called hotfix :sly:

The last minute changes to Manufacturers rounds continues. Round 2 is now on Thursday rather than tomorrow.

Are you playing in VR by chance? If you aren't and think it's bad staying within the pit lines on one of the (non-cockpit) standard views, it's an absolute nightmare in VR. :lol:

Pretty much need to hang right, lift off the throttle as the track bends left and pray you're pointing in the right direction because by the time you see the lines, it's too late. :P

Last edited:
🤣🤣🤣🤣

This is good news for me as Wednesdays are usually very busy for me.

There's a reason for that, it's called hotfix :sly:

GV pit glitch fix?

Glad only one round counts because I’ll miss it again. Planned to be home early tomorrow afternoon but will won’t get home from work in time for even the last slot on Thursday.
🙁

Ran the 3rd slot in Asia at LM West. I was one of 2 Jags in the lobby.

Qualifying was just ok. My FP time was a 56.2 but I could only manage a 56.5. Good enough for p3 behind an SLS and a Scirocco.

I don’t know if the Scirocco on pole had a change of driver after qualy, but it started the race as though it’s driver had never been on the track before. I gained a spot from it at the hairpin and then it drove nto the sand and spun the first time through BBB.

We then settled in for several laps and the SLS gradually increased the lead on me whilst a Hyundai behind stuck within half a second of me.

Around lap 8 the Hyundai stuck its nose in into T1 and I left room on the apex resulting in the loss of p2. His narrow exit compromised his run though and I was able to retake the position into the hairpin. On the run to BBB he moved inside and I delayed turn in to see where he was headed. Unfortunately he had slightly outbraked himself and he ended up pushing my rear quarter panel. I saved the car from a spin, but lost the place. As we entered the esses I was cursing all his relatives only to find he pulled aside and let me repass. Yes, courteous racers are still out there.

From there it was a procession to the end. Pitted on lap 16, rejoined in p2 and finished there for 235 points.

Oh, and the guy in the Hyundai was running a GTPlanet livery so Ikkatosh, if you’re here somewhere, thanks for giving the place back and congratulations on a solid p3.

Good luck out there people, it’s a fun combo.

Edit: So it turns out that what I thought was p3 outbraking himself was actually a netcode issue where he was nowhere near me on his screen but nearly turned me around on my screen. So an even bigger tip of the hat for giving a place back when he hadn’t even actually made contact in his version of the race.

Last edited:
What do we think - pit early to find some free air? Such a short quick lap, it's going to be hard to make any kind of gap.

What do we think - pit early to find some free air? Such a short quick lap, it's going to be hard to make any kind of gap.

I’d say either pit when you’re at risk of getting involved in a tussle or when you know you’ll come back out in clean air. Dirty air is not much of an issue, but battling for spots is.

I’ll add a question: I know it’s car dependent, it how far can you let the tires go before they lose performance? Last week I was able to do a lap on full-red tires, but it wasn’t a good idea! Is 90% the breaking point now after they corrected the tire gushes?

I’ve been running practice laps and didn’t think I was going to like this track, but I’m beginning to think I may love it. But I’m barely into the 57s so the track may just hate me.

And by the way, the McLaren was a mistake! I was caught up in the excitement of the BoP bump it got, and now I wish they would have voided our manufacturer choice after they voided last week. I’d love to go with something else.

Last edited:
Not the most interesting race today. Felt very much like a classic Daily B Gr4 race but 20 laps.

Managed to run the 11 am UK slot. Lobby was competitive and I was ranked as door number 13.
Car - Hyundai Genesis Gr4

Quali - My last flying lap was the one that counted. Managed to do 0:57:122 which is half a thousand of my TT time so pretty happy with my lap. Quali put me P12.

Race - was weary about cold hard tyres so my opening lap was to keep it on the tarmac and play it safe, and any overtakes would be done if I knew 100% I could make the OT. So my plan for this race was to stay in the slipstream but not lose too much time fighting. First lap I was able to gain a place due a car going wide onto the grass, and few other pitted to place me P9. For the first 6 laps the pace was pretty good with the car ahead fighting. I wasn’t getting involved as it’s easy to destroy your race. L6 the Porsche ahead ran wide and this allowed me to make a move but the GTR behind also got involved. Going into the final left, right chicane myself and the GTR were 2 wide. I left the GTR space on the outside but they turned into my right side which push the GTR onto the grass. Going into the first corner I was on the apex but the GTR decided to do a late push to pass move got by but picked up a track cut penalty. Going into corner after the penalty zone the GTR and myself again had some door bashing. I felt like the GTR was purposely blocking. Anyway a lap later on L8 it was game over for the GTR as they binned it on the gravel. What I saw on the replay after the race was dirty from the GTR. So after binning they decided they would head for the pits but they was a car on right side. They decided it was ok to pit lane this driver too and push them into the pits. So from L8 to L14 I had a nice clear track which allowed me to push. Closed up to P6 on L14 and tried to make a OT but couldn’t make it stick and I was losing time. End of L15 I decided it was time to pit as I was losing time. Been able to run in clean air for those 6/7 laps in the middle of the race allowed me to over cut a few early stoppers. As the cars ahead yet to pit I managed to undercut 2 cars and finish in P7. Good enough for 97 points.

Good result that for me I think. Going to take that result as I feel like this race is more luck rather than skill. A good quali is vital but also staying out trouble is the most important thing for this race. Pit stop, I think you just need to judge it on how your race pans out.

Yea i agree , if they added tyre wear it would have been more interesting still fun tho

I only raced only once , qualified P10 - eh could have done better but Megane Trophy with RH tyres doesnt want to turn xD

race started okayish after that i started doing track limit penalties somehow but the special one was from the pits oh god i thought my race is over but i got lucky some people forgot to pit and i ended P7 - satisfied :D

Last edited:
Back