Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
I'm sure there's a good and logical reason why they're skipping Saturday and having round 6 next Wednesday. At least there'll be a bit of strategy in that one. Soft tyres around Watkins Glen will be bliss.

With the Xbox price hike I think I'll be sticking with GT now rather than defecting over to Forza. Gonna put the money towards a wheel instead - hopefully will be ready for the next season. Need a new ride though, the Gr4 Corvette is just a bit too slow on the straights and I'm not good enough in the bends to compensate.
The aliens are in Singapore for the Olympics so they don't want them to miss a precious round of manu.

Cutline battle with 2 rounds to go (and all Gr.4 rounds done, so makes that strong on Gr.4 but weak on Gr.3 might fall off):
1687436563503.png

• If Lexus wants to punch in ticket to Amsterdam/Monaco, must leapfrog Mazda (partner immunity) and Renault (current holder of final non-partner spot). BMW and Alfa trailing them in their battle for the last non-partner spots.
  • Inside bubble watch: Up: Lambo, Honda; Down: AMG, Ferrari, Porsche

Last edited:
If Lexus wants to punch in ticket to Amsterdam/Monaco, must leapfrog Mazda (partner immunity).
It needs to do more than that; overtaking Mazda won't make a difference because Mazda is in either way.

The qualifiers as things stand are the top ten, Mazda and Genesis. If Lexus overtakes Mazda for 11th, it'll still be the top ten, Mazda and Genesis. Lexus needs to pass Renault - though with only Gr.3 races left, that's probably not an issue.

Edit. posted in the wrong thread earlier, I was ready to call it a day....

siiiiigh. Miserable qualy in the G70; botch the first lap and I can't get anywhere near my free practice time, start P12. Begin daydreaming in the lobby and you can likely guess what happens next - I forget to change onto hards. Oh yes. But it gets worse. Lap one, someone spins out and veers in front of me, doesn't ghost and , bam, 2 sec penalty. Absolutely nothing I could have done.

I seriously entertain the idea of DNF, knowing that I am going to have to take the pit-of-shame on lap 7. I have a serious aversion to DNF, can count on one hand, I think, in thousands of races so I slog on since this is a stupid, lame, 8 lapper. Can only manage P8 before I pit, even with the tire advantage. One did dnf, so P15.

miserable race, miserable car, miserable driver.

Had some good close racing moments in this one. Started to feel more comfortable and got more mentally focused as the race progressed. Messed up my fight for the 4th spot on the final with getting a track limit penalty before the chicane and drop me to 6th but I'm very happy with my performance and feel I'm in a little bit of a better mind state now. This was a real fun race and looking forward to the same at Watkins Glen.

Not a single Corvette driver in the Americas region was able to score over 200 points...I would've been the only one to do so if I'd called it a night after Slot 2 like I was planning...

Yesterday’s race was certainly a glorified Race C. I gave it two tries. First race I got hit and had no chance of getting back to the top 5. Had a good qualifying in a top GT2 split, so I was a bit frustrated by it.

Race two was 9pm EST for me. Horrible qualifying effort for me and was over a second off my standard qualy times in the AMG. Nevertheless, I made my way from 13th to 4th. 100 points, so I called it quits.
ED051DFA-86C8-4DE0-BF2B-DB76BC9D3156.jpeg

5969D66B-88A6-4709-AB57-440902C268EE.jpeg

Edit. posted in the wrong thread earlier, I was ready to call it a day....

siiiiigh. Miserable qualy in the G70; botch the first lap and I can't get anywhere near my free practice time, start P12. Begin daydreaming in the lobby and you can likely guess what happens next - I forget to change onto hards. Oh yes. But it gets worse. Lap one, someone spins out and veers in front of me, doesn't ghost and , bam, 2 sec penalty. Absolutely nothing I could have done.

I seriously entertain the idea of DNF, knowing that I am going to have to take the pit-of-shame on lap 7. I have a serious aversion to DNF, can count on one hand, I think, in thousands of races so I slog on since this is a stupid, lame, 8 lapper. Can only manage P8 before I pit, even with the tire advantage. One did dnf, so P15.

miserable race, miserable car, miserable driver.
kudo's for holding on though! I also can count my quits on one hand but I have only done 33 races in this game....I should be better.

Anyway, to all here for your info; Just did a test race for Watkins Glenn with the Ferrari gr. 3. What an awesome track this is, loved it since the first lap I did the day it was introduced in GT7. Started on softs and pitted end lap 10 when they were almost all red. Tyres were still reasonably okay to drive, midd lap 10 it started to feel a bit scetchy.

Curious how the Porsche will do regarding the tyres, think it should be able to do more then 10. And also curious about the BMW, that seems to be top of the boards at the moment....

Tip: Especially if you are not familiar with this track; do practice entering and leaving the pits, it is very easy to get a penalty for crossing the pitlines!

1687465956801.png

It needs to do more than that; overtaking Mazda won't make a difference because Mazda is in either way.

The qualifiers as things stand are the top ten, Mazda and Genesis. If Lexus overtakes Mazda for 11th, it'll still be the top ten, Mazda and Genesis. Lexus needs to pass Renault - though with only Gr.3 races left, that's probably not an issue.
This sort of BS always annoys me as it takes away the competition of the event. They really should be in a position to have all the manu's compete at the finals even if they have to do semi's. No wonder people don't choose certain brands as they have no chance even if they sneak into the correct places.
Not a single Corvette driver in the Americas region was able to score over 200 points...I would've been the only one to do so if I'd called it a night after Slot 2 like I was planning...
How am I getting emotional and invested in an American brand? This wouldn't have happened before this season.

Euros showing how it should be done ;)

Last edited:
Did some practice laps around WG... man this track is so fun with the RS tires. This will be a fun race. I really wish it was on a Saturday.
Thankfully it only has 2 low-speed corners, so the MR acceleration advantage will be nullified somewhat, and what's left of it should be cancelled out by the RS tires. Now hopefully the Supra won't be as OP as it was at Spa and Daytona... I really need a great result here with the Corvette. Probably a win if I want to meet my season points goals at this point...
Euros showing how it should be done ;)

Um...none of them scored 200 points at Spa either. :lol: but also :indiff::guilty:

Last edited:
Um...none of them scored 200 points at Spa either. :lol: but also :indiff::guilty:
Ah I didn’t realise you were specifically talking about Spa

but I’m sure some of the mighty Euros would’ve done if they’d actually bothered to race

Thankfully it only has 2 low-speed corners, so the MR acceleration advantage will be nullified somewhat, and what's left of it should be cancelled out by the RS tires. Now hopefully the Supra won't be as OP as it was at Spa and Daytona... I really need a great result here with the Corvette. Probably a win if I want to meet my season points goals at this point...

The Supra will be fast, but it's Achilles's heal is its tire wear. It kills tires. Will it be faster than a McLaren or BRZ around the track? Probably. But the latter pair can probably get multiple laps more on the RS tire. It should be an inserting compromise.

As of yesterday my best time is with the AMG at a 43.2 (#2 manu). But I did many more laps in it than the Supra which is a 43.3 (#1 manu). Haven't tried the McLaren yet but will soon (#3 manu).

This sort of BS always annoys me as it takes away the competition of the event. They really should be in a position to have all the manu's compete at the finals even if they have to do semi's. No wonder people don't choose certain brands as they have no chance even if they sneak into the correct places.
I was feeling that 3 "immune" partners were getting too much. The problem with having more manufacturers qualifying to live events is live event logistics, though.

The Supra will be fast, but it's Achilles's heal is its tire wear. It kills tires. Will it be faster than a McLaren or BRZ around the track? Probably. But the latter pair can probably get multiple laps more on the RS tire. It should be an inserting compromise.

As of yesterday my best time is with the AMG at a 43.2 (#2 manu). But I did many more laps in it than the Supra which is a 43.3 (#1 manu). Haven't tried the McLaren yet but will soon (#3 manu).
Let me know how you get on with the McLaren. I only just started running FP laps (did an hour this morning), and feel quite a bit off the pace (best is a 43.6). I'm slowly improving, but probably at a point now where I'll see if there are any lobbies and have a test run tonight.
What are the settings like on race C compared to the Manu race? Same tyre deg? Better to run race C instead?

Let me know how you get on with the McLaren. I only just started running FP laps (did an hour this morning), and feel quite a bit off the pace (best is a 43.6). I'm slowly improving, but probably at a point now where I'll see if there are any lobbies and have a test run tonight.
What are the settings like on race C compared to the Manu race? Same tyre deg? Better to run race C instead?
I didn't do a ton of laps in the McLaren as I was getting frustrated with it. It just didn't seem to have good gearing for this track... coming out of turns it either felt like the revs were too high or too low where it would bog down.

In my TT laps for Manu:

Supra - 43.1
20 AMG - 43.2
McLaren - 43.9

Tire wear is great on the McLaren and may be its golden ticket. One thing that does concern me for the car is basically no one is running it in Daily C.

All that being said, I am going to concentrate on using the AMG. Unfortunately the three GT1 slots on my US account basically never line up with when I can play the game so I've all but written any GTWS/Toyota races off completely. Sometimes I can make a GT1 EMEA race - which happen late morning into early afternoon where I live - but definitely not on Wednesdays. And, a lot of people are doing similar as every GT2 race I join everyone is an A rated player, some of which are very deep into A. But that's a different topic that's been talked about at nauseam.

I do think the McLaren will be very good at Interlagos.

Judging by the cars pace in this weeks Race C, the Viper is an absolute non-starter for the manu race. Don't think I'm even going to bother.

The fastest Viper on the leaderboard for Race C is a 44.4 (3 seconds off pace) and the highest Viper driven by an alien in manu practice is still 2 seconds off the top. Serves me right for picking a brand I like instead of one that's competitive! :sly:

Just tried a race practice @ Watkins. I'm in the Supra which apparently is bad enough on tires to begin with, and I chew them even worse with how I drive. I barely managed to make the RS last 9 laps, and then RH easily took 11 laps even with me being intentionally sloppy to see how durable they were.

Now the only question is RS then RH or RH then RS in the race. Guess that will depend on my grid spot, although running the RS's second will spare them some wear with the lighter car once some fuel burns off.

Don't forget to make extra pit stops and put on the IM tires at one point. #Ferraristrat
I know you jest but I’ve put on my Maranello hat and had some thoughts. The car feels so so bad on the hards that I’m very tempted to do a 2-stopper, even in GT2, and only run them for 1 lap. The pitstop is pretty quick after all.

Fresh lovely rubber vs track position? Hmm.

I’m having an absolute miserable time at this week’s Race C at Watkins Glen in my McLaren. No matter how hard I try, I keep falling down the order in every race. So I expect the same in this event tomorrow.

At least, I got tire data for the McLaren. For anyone with similar driving style as me, the best strategy is first four laps on RH. Remaining 11 laps on RS.

Provided that I qualify up front I will do 9 or 10 laps in the Ferrari on softs, then the rest on hards. Vica versa if qualifying did not go well.

In the practice races I did I basically did the first few laps low in 1.46 and a bit or high 1.45's, after about 7 laps I would go to 1.47's and by lap 9 1.48's. on the hards I usually have laps about low 1.49 or 1.48 high.
I am at B/S level fyi.

main issue is that I am not consistent in my qualyfing, frequently I do laps under 1.44 but just as often midd or high 1.45's.

No idea if these times are actually competitive, will see this afternoon. In any case; love driving this track and looking forward to the race. The Ferrari feels fine here expect at the toe where one has to be a bit carefull.

Anyone reckon the Strat will just be Race C transposed? so 6H, 7S, 7S 2-stopper?
I think you're looking at a 1 stop, tyre wear is half what it is in Race C at 3x rather than 6x for DRC.

Even if the car destroys tyres, I don't think there's enough time to make up the 25 second pit loss to make a 2 stop competitive.

Back