Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
Well, after running some free practice laps in the McLaren, doing 1.43.5s on softs and roughly 3 sec a lap slower on hards (haven't checked in lobby conditions yet, but I imagine it would be reasonably similar)....I was planning on a 2 stopper (9S 10S 1H). Then my friend just did a lobby and said people did a 1 stop.....20S 1H. What the actual F?!?! I could only do 13 laps before both fronts are full red....

It will be 8 laps on softs for me with the Alfa Romeo 4C if I choose to start on hards (if I start on softs I'll just pit when they're done). I think I could do 9, and I'm sure other people can do waaay more, but I won't take the risk.

Anyway, according to my friend list I think I'm slower than usual with both tyres. Haven't tried a daily to have it confirmed. I'll see in a while.

Well, after running some free practice laps in the McLaren, doing 1.43.5s on softs and roughly 3 sec a lap slower on hards (haven't checked in lobby conditions yet, but I imagine it would be reasonably similar)....I was planning on a 2 stopper (9S 10S 1H). Then my friend just did a lobby and said people did a 1 stop.....20S 1H. What the actual F?!?! I could only do 13 laps before both fronts are full red....
Wrong lobby settings maybe? I can’t see me getting any more than 13 laps on softs, and the RSR is pretty good on tyres.

MistahMCA seemed to agree.

Correct my mental math if I’m wrong but I’m thinking you can make a 2 stop happen. BRZ can do consistent times all the way to 10 laps. Roughly a 2.5-3 second difference between the camping’s for me.

Was thinking of going 1H 10S 9S? Time should line up it’s just what happens with traffic. I def would much rather finish a race on the faster, fresher tyre

So 2 stop is possible. Qualified 2nd about a tenth off. Pit lap 1 to get off hards and begin my Schumacher Hungary 98 impression. Busted my buns to stop again lap 11 for soft again, repeat bun busting.

Finished 2nd .5 a second off. 1st was a S to H runner in a GTR, 2nd was a H to S in a 911. Both were a fraction quicker than me in raw pace (I was about .3 off fastest lap)

Went from 5th to 2nd in the last 3 laps too. If some things fell a bit differently could have been a win. Could I have won using a more conventional strat? Maybe. But guess what: this was FUN.

So 2 stop is possible. Qualified 2nd about a tenth off. Pit lap 1 to get off hards and begin my Schumacher Hungary 98 impression. Busted my buns to stop again lap 11 for soft again, repeat bun busting.

Finished 2nd .5 a second off. 1st was a S to H runner in a GTR, 2nd was a H to S in a 911. Both were a fraction quicker than me in raw pace (I was about .3 off fastest lap)

Went from 5th to 2nd in the last 3 laps too. If some things fell a bit differently could have been a win. Could I have won using a more conventional strat? Maybe. But guess what: this was FUN.
That's what I'm thinking! I was planning on doing it in my first split, but I was so incredibly furious my game glitched in qualy and didn't release me and one other car.....and I forgot to swap the tyres. I'll try again at 10pm. Can't go any worse :lol:

It's been fun.

Qualified P8 and started on hards. I didn't lose too many positions and found myself driving alone with clean air. I did 7 laps on hards as I had planned, but making a lot of mistakes during my last lap, including a 3 secs penalty at entering pit lane.

I quickly realized softs were lasting more than they lasted on my test (the test degradation multiplier was right, but I've changed my racing line on some turns), so I should have changed tyres earlier. During the last 2 laps I found myself in a 5 drivers battle for P8 and managed to win and get away. I did a pair of overtakes on bus stop although I didn't want to even try; our car speeds just put me in a situation where I had to go for it without even knowing if I had the right. Good sportmanship from them.

Last two corners I'm P8 and I'm not sure about P7's defensive move, which granted me a 0.5 secs penalty that made me P9 in the end. P7 claims it was "on the edge".

I think P6 was achievable. I lost a lot of time with my mistakes during the last lap on hards, the pit entry penalty and the traffic I encountered because of that... Anyway, that's been all for this Manu Cup, since I probably won't be able to race at Interlagos (good track for me, but still a Gr.3 race, so bad for me).

So folks...

How much pain am I going to be in with the 650s? in the GT2 league. Not had too much time to do any real recon work!!

So folks...

How much pain am I going to be in with the 650s? in the GT2 league. Not had too much time to do any real recon work!!
You'll be all right, it's not one of the very fastest options but still decent. Should be good on the tyres as well, you can do most of the race on softs.

You'll be all right, it's not one of the very fastest options but still decent. Should be good on the tyres as well, you can do most of the race on softs.
Thanks for that. So say 10 soft/ 4 hard as a starting point?

GT2 B , only went once because got busy

Qualified P9 - crappy lap , Race went with Hards first it went pretty good as i managed to get into top 5 but penalties happened dropped to P13 , went to the pits after lap 5 to get soft tyres after that pretty intense , other people went to the pits got into P7 and then into P6 where i ended

Gran Turismo™ 7_20230628134236.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20230628134317.jpg
Pretty good race 😎

Last edited:
I do love The Glen!

Had to miss last week race at Spa, but to be fair I wasn’t all that upset about missing Spa. Couldn’t really find any pace in the G70. Anyway this week I was all set for The Glen as it’s easily my most favourite track and combo. Just some something about Gr3 cars round here that makes the racing fun.

GT2 - 1pm (UK). Mix DR A & B lobby. Race total 146 points. I was car #15
Car - Genesis X Gr3

Quali - I was expecting to be about mid pack. Last flying lap I pull out a 1.44.121 which put me P2.

Race - so with me been P2 I had to start on the soft tyres. Couldn’t afford to get hit from behind on the slower hards niether could I exit the pit lane in to traffic. Get a great launch at start and could have had P1 into T1 but played it safe. I ended up taking P1 just after the bus stop. P1 started on hards so was crucial in get the pass done and they quickly fell down the pack. Starting to run away and a poor corner allowed P2 to get a pass done on me. L2 & L3, P2 & myself swap positions twice then I decided the best thing here is to work together and build a lead on the others. P3 is slowly catching catching and on L9, P1 gets a time penalty for track limits in T1 but the poor exit and my extra speed I make a great overtake into the bus stop. Holding on now to P1 and L11 my front left had died, so pitted for hards. The fast pace of us 3 up front cleared P4 with over 10 seconds I think. Cold hards and me don’t mix well. L12 I do just enough to keep a 1 second gap but L13 just as I push a little I make a small error into T1 and then double shift. P2 gets a run but my straight line speed in the Genesis and my car position keeps me in P1 through the bus stop. L14 I get it together and then L15 the panic start to hit me. I lose time in the bus stop to P2 and from then on in its a case of making P2 go the long way round at the corners. Manage to hold on and take the win!

P1 at The Glen for 146 points. That is my best ever result in a GTWS. Had a few wins before but never that many points.

Retirements - 3 cars quit. 1 in lap 2 and the other 2 mid race.

IMG_0316.jpeg

Might go again just for fun 🤣🤣

So, went again and regretted it from the start. Way, way, way out of my league. 2 A drivers and a number of 'B; drivers ho have like 600 races done with 300 wins. You know the type. Think the top lobbies of GT3 is of a higher level then a lot of GT2 lobbies?

Anyway, my qualifying lap went okay, got a 1.44.9 and a bit and I made a mistake in my second lap that costed me a few tenths, but still I improved a little bit. But the top did well under 1.44 and i found myself in 10th place. Like I said, out of my league....

Race was okay, started on hards and got 9th place after someone crashed. Nothing real eventfull, changed to softs at lap 6 and just focussed on doing my laps as smooth as possible. An Englishman in a Supra slowly caught up with me and together we got closer and closer to a GTR and a Porsche who were on hards. I tried overtaking the Porsche but he was moving on track like Verstappen on Meth, really ridiculous defending. When I overtook him the Supra behind me overtook me at the same time and we both chased the GTR.

Final lap the Supra and GTR were in a fight and braked hard at the first corner. I had contact with the Supra, nothing real bad I thought but slowed down to stay behind him and fortunately he could continue the fight. Then I saw something that I thought had become extinct: I actually got a real penalty for colliding with another car. So, served the penalty and finished 10th which became 9th as the GTR in front of me also got a penalty. Worse result position wise but slightly better points. Apologised to the Englishman for the contact after the race but got no reply. Hope he was okay with it....

Might pass on the final round, it is really no fun to see a bunch of A level drivers dissapear into the distance.

1687964447811.png

Quali - I was expecting to be about mid pack. Last flying lap I pull out a 1.44.121 which put me P2.

View attachment 1268834
That was one hell of a qualifying lap, think that's about 4 tenths faster then you did in practice :bowdown:
Big congrats on the win!!!

Last edited:

The problem with that as Mistah_MCA mentioned is the possibility of running up on traffic that slows you down. Running that close on a 2-stopper generally requires it be to a fairly clear track in front of you. I just worry that throwing the extra stop into the mix could introduce extra drama.

Was I imagining it, or was there supposed to be a 16:00 UTC time slot? I just went to join and nothing available for another hour? Or did I miss a cut off before the scheduled time that you need to join by?

I'm already pissed off I missed my lunchtime slot waiting for a late DHL delivery to arrive. So if I see anyone driving a car with DHL logos on it, your toast!

I had a very rare wednesday morning at home so jumped into the first slot. The Genesis X has been good to me in the dailyC and is strong on this track so was looking forward to this. A reasonable lobby worth 123 pts, I Qd P6. Ran 6H9S and finished P7. I might have to go again tonight because I think I can get a top 5, most of my dailies have been top 5s, some podiums and usually a CRB. Today I was a bit ragged and got several track penalties. Clean that up and with the right lobby I should get some decent points.

Thsi will also do it for me in the manu as I am traveling this weekend. My points are lower than usual partly because my lobbies have been all over the place scoring-wise and partly because I can't drive gr.4 very well and the G70 was just 'ok'. But the X is a beast, I like driving that one.

Good luck!

That was one hell of a qualifying lap, think that's about 4 tenths faster then you did in practice :bowdown:
Big congrats on the win!!!
Thanks & thanks.
Quali - yeah not sure where I pulled that extra 4 tenths from? When I set my lap I saw I was a few tenths quicker but then you went a few tenths even quicker. Gr3 Ferrari looking quite competitive now maybe?
Win - always felt this was my best shot in this series. Always go well round here, but when your car 15 it always feels even better when you get a good result.

Was I imagining it, or was there supposed to be a 16:00 UTC time slot? I just went to join and nothing available for another hour? Or did I miss a cut off before the scheduled time that you need to join by?

I'm already pissed off I missed my lunchtime slot waiting for a late DHL delivery to arrive. So if I see anyone driving a car with DHL logos on it, your toast!
I had the same issue with the Nurburgring race. Got all set up done practice and then went to go jump into a lobby to find they was no slot for another hour.
Not sure why they put they break in the middle?

Back to my adventures as a pizza delivery boy after missing Sardegna (drunk) and Spa (don't gel with it). I did a small bit of practice on softs beforehand, thinking I would qualify low down the order and figure out my pace on the hards during the lap but, guess who put it on pole... **** :lol:. 0.01s covered the top 3 so I knew it was going to be a closely run thing.

P2 started on hards so I managed to bolt from the start and pull a decent gap from everyone by the time I pitted on lap 11. On to the hards and... my god it was atrocious. Come the start of lap 12 and P2 is 1.5s behind and closing, out of the heel and he's within 0.5. I defend the next 4 corners like my life depends on it and finish 0.2 ahead for the win

Considering I was P2 in my Ferrari heading into the bus stop lap 1 and exited it here visiting the tractor,

IMG_3596.jpeg

working back from DFL to a final 6th was a decent job. Benefit of the doubt to the 2 people who separately hit me, it was all a bit messy.

Bit disappointing as I’d found myself in possibly the slowest B split about - I managed P3 with just a 46 flat.

One and done today. I was racing against the US region GT3 leader, so even finishing top 5 in this race, I think I stand to have a higher score than looking for another attempt.

That being said, race went ok.

Number 10 board on the door, I qualified P4. Pretty close to most of the competition, with the exception of the pole sitter. I've set better laps in practice, but I don't think it would've improved my starting position but maybe one place.

The race went off with a decent start, meaning no drama for me but I dropped a couple places by the time I reached the bus stop chicane. My goal really was to finish top 5, so just trying to make no mistakes and time my pit stop appropriately.

The race leader was clashing pretty hard with another RSR ahead (the chat post race was spicy). I had hoped for some opportunity there, but they both managed to hang on with out binning it.

My race was mostly uneventful, laps 3-10 I was tight behind a Ferrari (DR-A) and a Mazda. L3 the Mazda pushed me wide before the last turn and caused me to incur a track limits penalty.

L8 the Mazda ahead makes a move on the Ferrari into the bus stop chicane but causes themselves to almost be pit-maneuvered. They veer to the right and I take my position.

189034b908766-screenshotUrl.jpg

By now the Ferrari is on worn soft tires and sliding out of turns often. I keep up the pressure and get around into the bus stop chicane on L10. Briefly, I'm P1 before I pit for hard tires and exit P7. From here, I just need to get to the end and after everyone has pit, I crossed the finish line P4.

18902eb7d3b72-screenshotUrl.jpg

Overall, pleased with the result. I finished ahead of an A-rated driver and even with a 'smurf' taking P1, they greatly weighted my points haul and took 80, my highest yet in GT3.

Considering I was P2 in my Ferrari heading into the bus stop lap 1 and exited it here visiting the tractor,

View attachment 1268904

working back from DFL to a final 6th was a decent job. Benefit of the doubt to the 2 people who separately hit me, it was all a bit messy.

Bit disappointing as I’d found myself in possibly the slowest B split about - I managed P3 with just a 46 flat.
As an aside the detail on that is incredible. Game still has the ability to awe me at times, and I don't think I've ever even seen that while driving.

It's been fun.

Qualified P8 and started on hards. I didn't lose too many positions and found myself driving alone with clean air. I did 7 laps on hards as I had planned, but making a lot of mistakes during my last lap, including a 3 secs penalty at entering pit lane.
Nice
I quickly realized softs were lasting more than they lasted on my test (the test degradation multiplier was right, but I've changed my racing line on some turns), so I should have changed tyres earlier. During the last 2 laps I found myself in a 5 drivers battle for P8 and managed to win and get away. I did a pair of overtakes on bus stop although I didn't want to even try; our car speeds just put me in a situation where I had to go for it without even knowing if I had the right. Good sportmanship from them.

Last two corners I'm P8 and I'm not sure about P7's defensive move, which granted me a 0.5 secs penalty that made me P9 in the end. P7 claims it was "on the edge".

I think P6 was achievable. I lost a lot of time with my mistakes during the last lap on hards, the pit entry penalty and the traffic I encountered because of that... Anyway, that's been all for this Manu Cup, since I probably won't be able to race at Interlagos (good track for me, but still a Gr.3 race, so bad for me).

It's been fun.

Heyho!
Nice one though, could have better indeed...
That german Gentlemandriver is on my friendslist is well...P10/11 in your race...

I started Q7 and got P6, hards first while nearly everyone else went on softs first, after my pitstop I came out on 12 and nearly got the 5th place...

First time slot today, but in a very low DR B field...
6th place with 47 points was ok then for me...

Aaaand if you unfortunatly cannot start on Interlagos I might be able to catch you... Interlagos is one of favorites!

Seeya on track! Check my vids! 👋

That'll do pig. That'll do.

Managed 30mins of dedicated practise before the 7pm slot. Learnt that the 650s gears don't really work here. Upshift just before breaking zones into the bus stop and and the heel of the boot. (Yes I'm learning corner names). I get down to a 1.45.3 by the end of it.

Quali starts and I go out late. Previous rounds I've been caught in traffic so made sure I had plenty of space to put the hammer down. First lap puts me on pole and stays that way till the last moment when a Lambo goes .5sec quicker. That's me starting P2 on door 10. Hadn't really thought about strategy but after reading some earlier posts I started on softs and planned to go long with them.

Race begins and the first turn is lovely and tidy. Settled in behind the lambo and planned to work with him to build a gap behind. That went out the window when he gets all out of shape into chute. He holds it but I have a run up to toe.

1687979525064.png

He holds the inside but I keep it wide and make the pass round the outside

1687979615435.png

From then on I hit consistency. A rare moment when I race but I was just in the zone lap after lap. Almost felt too easy. I pit onto hards at the end of lap 12 and come out with a 10sec gap to 2nd.

From there I just play it safe and bring it home in 1st!!. 8sec up the road from second. My first race win in GTWS and my first race win in goodness know how long. I'm over the moon right now I tell you.

@Hodd10 see I told you the McLaren would do okay. Congrats.

After my earlier Ferrari disappointment I find that it helps to have a backup GT2 / DR B account, a bit of luck and a 6.2L V8.

IMG_3597.jpeg

59 points, my best of the season but I don’t think enough to overhaul @OJBrit. I may need to win at Interlagos - bring it on!

Well that was an interesting race at 8pm. Slightly higher lobby than usual for me. Ended up with door 16.

Qualified 14th, might have been a space or two higher if someone hadn't binned it on the final lap and rather than quit to pits decided to tour on the racing line...

Opted to try the 2 stop after @pennanton success earlier on and it worked surprisingly well, ended up P7. Could have been P5/6 if not for some silly errors and a double whammy clipping the armco on the entry to the bus stop ( wheel and bumper damage plus a second penalty for my troubles ).

Don't feel like going again, having the same race as the dailes really makes it a chore.

Ended up being a bit of a strange one after we were stuck in the lobby for a good 8 minutes with a handful of people leaving and the rest bashing PD, then qualy started!

Grabbed 4th myself but was amused to read in the chat that the top 3 were all patting each other on the back "congratulations! You're fast!" fellacio, fellacio and surprise surprise the race starts and neither 2nd or 3rd have a go at 1st so off he goes into the distance never to be seen again. 2nd and 3rd play you go first no you go first for a lap or so before they both pick up track limit penalties for giving each other way too much space and I was able to drive on through.

Both finished near the back, I'm assuming they nice guy'd their way all the way down there, congratulations! :lol:

Was never under threat in 2nd, never saw 1st again. Thankfully the GT-R '18 is night and day with the '13 in terms of speed on hards cos' the '13 was a sitting duck in the daillies.

Great shout by PD to do the race in low sunlight, looked incredible and made it visually different to the daily race, always a pleasure to drive this track, probably top 1 or 2 in the game.

Have fun all, be safe, don't fall in love with your qualy opponents it only leads to becoming a back marker :gtpflag:

20970561650472562.jpg

20970105599684637.jpg

Back