Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,921 comments
Slipstream for Deep Forest is listed as Custom for both qualifying and race, has anyone been able to figure out if there's any difference?

Anyone not bothering with todays Nation Race?
Looks like a good/fun race but the way Nations works at times and everyone migrating to the same car, I just don’t like it.

Looks like a good/fun race but the way Nations works at times and everyone migrating to the same car, I just don’t like it.
I think it'll be a lot less annoying to drive than next week's race, Seaside Reverse is such an obnoxious layout to drive. I don't think the other cars are even bad, it's just the GT feels the most consistent/secure, and it's at the top of the leaderboards, so of course everyone's going to gravitate to it.

Not the biggest fan of road car racing but this one was okay. Doesn't mean I'm tempted to redo it, though.

Did a lap in the AMG, 911 and GT, the GT was fastest so off I went.

Pretty sluggish in qualy, worse than in practice, so started out in 9th. Found myself in a gang of GT's for pretty much the whole race with little chance to make progress unless I went overly aggressive so I sat back and enjoyed the drive - Which is a solid experience.

The traffic meant I never got to fully stretch the car out but nicked a couple of places to finish 7th - Happy to move on to something more interesting.

20970025179709302.jpg

20970690546777746.jpg

I ran the first Oceania slot. Second split I think.

Q11 after misjudging the gap to the car in front and getting held up on both flying laps.

The race itself is an utter debacle. Slipstream seems OP and by lap 6 every single car was carrying damage. I worked my way to p3 before a YouTuber who seemingly has some significant anger issues punted me off at T1. I am tempted to link to his stream as his temper has to be heard to be believed and it shows a breathtaking lack of self awareness in his attitude and behaviour.

Ultimately I finished 2nd last with the YT’er last. Such a needless and wanton sabotage of a race. I am still filthy about the way this panned out and it’s been 5 hours now…

No, I think I'll skip racing online soon if they don't fix the penalty system and SR ranking. I can't believe the behaviour from so many people with S rank. I've watched the replay and there were at least 3 players that pushed other cars on purpose And I mean why not? They get away with it and one person gained four positions. Some people should just stick to playing kart games.

Deep Forest was surprisingly ok, a couple of dives but mostly accidental. Can't practice with fuel load + OP slipstream + weak road car brakes = lots of people overshooting the braking point at T1 and last turn. I climbed from P10 to P3 just by keeping it on the road and avoiding track limit penalties. Had a huge ding dong battle with the P4 guy for the last 5 laps or so. He just managed to catch my slipstream going into the backstraight on the last lap and overtook at the hairpin (cleanly I might add). Tried to cutback but didn't get enough momentum and crossed the line half car length behind. Epic ending, I didn't even feel bad about losing the podium 👍

Imagine if PD had kept the F40 or Diablo from the original lineup - this race is going to be even more carnage :lol:

Horrible race. I'm using the Mazda Rx Vision and every time I enter the left hand final corner on onto the start/finish straight, I lost the front end and the car just pulls into the barrier. It's like there's a huge aero malfunction as soon as I enter that section up the hill. Anyone else suffer this ?

Last edited:
I won't be doing it. Add up it doesn't really appeal to me, I've got a busy day, and I've done zero practice and you get it won't be a good one for me to be in. Never say never but not likely.

And agree on the latter point as well. There will be 15 silver Ford GTs and maybe one oddball car. Since the Fords all look identical, it just kills the visualization of the race itself. PD should've allowed users to use their own car (but it would still be tuned/BoP'ed to the race requirements). If we could use our car, at least the colors/liveries/wheels/effects (wings, splitters, brake calipers etc.) would look different adding variety. That would've been way cooler and looked like a real track day event.

I ran the first Oceania slot. Second split I think.

Q11 after misjudging the gap to the car in front and getting held up on both flying laps.

The race itself is an utter debacle. Slipstream seems OP and by lap 6 every single car was carrying damage. I worked my way to p3 before a YouTuber who seemingly has some significant anger issues punted me off at T1. I am tempted to link to his stream as his temper has to be heard to be believed and it shows a breathtaking lack of self awareness in his attitude and behaviour.

Ultimately I finished 2nd last with the YT’er last. Such a needless and wanton sabotage of a race. I am still filthy about the way this panned out and it’s been 5 hours now…
Go for it. I am curious. I believe as long as you don't say his/her name then it's within the rules(?). I am less interested in the actual incident but more so on who to NOT support on YT.

Last edited:
I believe as long as you don't say his/her name then it's within the rules(?). I am less interested in the actual incident but more so on who to NOT support on YT.
Indeed. Just linking it is perfectly fine and within the rules.
Unless it's full of rude language, of course:
I am tempted to link to his stream as his temper has to be heard to be believed and it shows a breathtaking lack of self awareness in his attitude and behaviour.
You will not post or link to content that is obscene or sexually oriented.
You will not use profanity in the forums, nor link to content which contains offensive language without sufficient warning.
And embedding a video full of rude language that anyone can accidentally click on is not sufficient warning...

I won't be doing it. Add up it doesn't really appeal to me, I've got a busy day, and I've done zero practice and you get it won't be a good one for me to be in. Never say never but not likely.

And agree on the latter point as well. There will be 15 silver Ford GTs and maybe one oddball car. Since the Fords all look identical, it just kills the visualization of the race itself. PD should've allowed users to use their own car (but it would still be tuned/BoP'ed to the race requirements). If we could use our car, at least the colors/liveries/wheels/effects (wings, splitters, brake calipers etc.) would look different adding variety. That would've been way cooler and looked like a real track day event.

Go for it. I am curious. I believe as long as you don't say his/her name then it's within the rules(?). I am less interested in the actual incident but more so on who to NOT support on YT.
It’s not that I’m worried about forum rules. This guy is someone who I’ve raced against a lot and will continue to be matched against. We usually don’t have a problem with each other but I have seen him lose his temper before.

This time was something else though. While I remain utterly disgusted with his behaviour, and have lost a lot of respect for him, I don’t think linking the stream in here will be helpful for anyone.

If anyone is genuinely interested I can share the stream via DM.

Edit: just seen Famine’s post. There is an enormous amount of very offensive language in the stream, so no linking in this thread under any circumstances.

Last edited:

I don't have an issue with the visuals of 14/15 cars and I do like having the one car make races if set by PD. My issue with Nations is once a meta has been found you basically have to use that car. I've not done any testing for this race but I was told by a streamer it's basically the Ford, as it's the fastest car. BOP never equal in these type of races.

In a few weeks at Le Man's I know for a fact it will end up been the Group C cars that you use and I hate those things. The rain could bring it back to hybrids but you never know if it rain or not unless it's fix weather.

I'm going for my first ever GT1 race in the RX-Vision, because obviously I am.

I'm hoping the damage and the overpowered Ford GT, and the fact the RX-Vision isn't very nice to drive if you're not familiar with it but has the highest PP and will therefore be selected by unprepared people, will propel me up the grid.

:dopey:

I'm going for my first ever GT1 race in the RX-Vision, because obviously I am.

I'm hoping the damage and the overpowered Ford GT, and the fact the RX-Vision isn't very nice to drive if you're not familiar with it but has the highest PP and will therefore be selected by unprepared people, will propel me up the grid.

:dopey:
That not only failed to go well, it didn't account for two absolute tossrags in the lobby including a guy who just didn't like the fact the Mazda doesn't need to change up between last and first corners and sideswiped me because I was passing him.

Congratulations on your tiny dick energy.

Decided to give it a go. Trying to bank some nice points with my currently inflated DR, even finishing near the back - thinking of those lovely credits.

Ran the Merc because I’m no sheep. Of course I got out-qualified by 11 Fords but so be it. One other braze soul in a Z car.

Picked up a couple of 4 sec penalties because the car, with full fuel, has the stopping distance of an oil tanker. Finished in P11 after that, probably could’ve only got 8th anyway.

Got more points for that than a 4th last week in Suzuka, and brought a splash of colour to an otherwise miserable field of grey.

IMG_3865.jpeg

Now I’m off to fix my busted SR.

Last edited:
Just did this. GT2. Tempted to do another one but the contact penalties are set to random on the bass and unfair on the treble. I got a 2 second reprimand for breathing on someone and a 3 second one for completely unavoidable contact after a melee infront.

Qualified P6 finished P10.

Not a good result in the end.
Only qualified P15 due to a mistake and then picking up a ridiculous penalty at the start of the straight. It left me with 1 lap which included the penalty to qualify.
I got the Porsche ahead into turn 1. After that it was a case of following the cars ahead and picking up from any accidents.
Lap 2 and the Porsche missed it's braking into the hairpin. Instead of using the copious space to my right he plows right into me.

92017646de751d84d699de340393cb90_photo.webp

Thankfully I stay pretty much straight. The Porsche gets a 4 second penalty so I get them next lap. I find myself in p12 for most of the race in a gap. However lap 9 and the car wants some fun and randomly tank slaps onto the back straight and I am back down to 14th and that is where I finish. I'll take my meagre points here as I'm too slow.

Oh my god that slipstream is mental. It's like racing with Boost set to Strong. Just cars absolutely flying everywhere.

Finished P3 for 234 points, which I'll bank - but wow that was an insane race. Absolute mayhem almost every turn as your braking point is shifting by like 50m every lap depending on if there's a car around you or not.
I started P7, and floated around the top 5 for the majority of the race, though towards the middle I had a brief stint in P2/P3 as someone forgot to brake and caused a big shift in the order. Unfortunately, I got rear damage here which meant the rest of the pack could catch up to me relatively quickly, and so P1-P7 were all in one pack for the last 5 or so laps.

I managed to climb back into the podium on the last lap, as the person ahead of me (I think in P5 at this point) decided they didn't want to be in P5 anymore and launched themselves into turn 1, wiping a bunch of people out and letting me float up to P2. I was hoping to hold this til the end, but my rear damage was losing me about 10mph in the straights, and coupled alongside the omega slipstream meant that I lost it across the line, barely.

1695481398552.png

Well that was certainly eye opening, A+ lobby and carnage. I don't think I've ever seen so many missed apexes into T1.

Had a poor qualifying and ended up P11, slowly worked my way through the chaos. Then punted into T1 from 4th, race ending damage end up finishing DFL.

That slipstream is a bold choice by PD..

@Nebuc72 believe I was in your race, great racing from you!

Last edited:
Well that was certainly eye opening, A+ lobby and carnage. I don't think I've ever seen so many missed apexes into T1.

Had a poor qualifying and ended up P11, slowly worked my way through the chaos. Then punted into T1 from 4th, race ending damage end up finishing DFL.

That slipstream is a bold choice by PD..

@Nebuc72 believe I was in your race, great racing from you!
Ahh yeah gg mate, thank you. I saw what happened to you in my mirror.
Another case of someone not realising their braking point changes whilst in the giga slipstream and thus sending you to the shadow realm, I assume. Really unlucky stuff.

Another case of someone not realising their braking point changes whilst in the giga slipstream
Yeah realm'd and then hit by someone else :lol:,

I'd have thought by lap 3/4 they'd have worked it out the slipstream. I'd spent the race up to that point making sure I was on the opposite line to the car in front to avoid that very situation

A+/S lobby – Pretty much top split as my DR is over 75k and oh boy, what a race!

I chose the Mercedes to be the different guy on the grid and qualifying was pretty respectable; P11, just half a second off pole-sitter José Serrano 🤯🤯🤯

The start of the race was OK. I lost a place before T1 due to a poor getaway but the car was keeping me within the pack... until chaos happened at the hairpin.

Many cars crashed badly and I was caught off guard, hitting a lad with nowhere to go and getting front-bumper and right-wheel damage. The main straight found me in P8 and I decided to keep going with the damage as more cars crashed in front.

The second half of the race had a great three-car battle for P2 as Serrano won easily. I ended up P3, behind an Englishman and in front of Kylian Drumont (who would've thought 🥳)

389 points 😁 Let off the DualSense and I get myself a drink.

Last edited:
That wasn't exactly what I had hoped for. I appreciate what they're trying to do with the pre-tuned road car rounds, trying to prevent them from being simple one-makes but they never balance them well and they mostly end up as one-makes anyway.

I think these pre-tuned rounds where you can't see the settings will forever be my Achilles heel. Jumping from free practice with no experience of the car being heavier with fuel and also having the tyres grip slightly differently because wear is on does not work for me at all. I'm terrible at adjusting to that in the midst of a proper race. ☹️

VR felt like a little bit of a handicap today, at least in the Ford GT. The GT's speedometer dial isn't easy to look at when you're fighting with someone since you have to look a fair ways right. Between that and the lack of time delta information, I couldn't reliably tell how fast I was going or if I was within slipstream distance and ended up going a fair bit deeper than intended at turn 1 and the hairpin a few times. The slipstream effect was so much stronger than I had expected! Even braking early didn't seem to be enough, but I didn't hit anyone at least. The Mercedes would have been much better in that regard with the digital speed readout directly behind the wheel, but I just can't push anywhere near the same times with it.

I started P12 and picked up a penalty at turn 1 after I went slightly too wide on the exit. That did help keep me away from the bowling alley at the hairpin at least. I moved up a few positions due to bowling at the hairpin, but an Italian pushed me off at turn 1 on lap 5 and my race just unravelled. Dirty tyres made sector 2 a nightmare and I dropped right the way back to P14, eventually finishing P13.

I don't think I'll bother going again. Way too chaotic in the pack and I'm not fast enough to try qualify ahead of it. Just going to forget about it, try to relax and then think about looking into practice for Dragon Trail later. :)

I just did my first run. Had to miss last week's manu cup round. I was quite hyped even though it's just a boring Ford GT fest on SM's. Since the last GTWS i'm finally in the GT1 class so that's why i was hyped. I start the event, qualify mid pack, not bad. Not even 2 laps in, another player crashes, recovers and chooses to grieve me by slamming his car into mine. Race ruined. Can't be bothered with the Nations Cup anymore.

Last edited:
Back