Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
Next Manu (evil Ring edition) is a rolling start.

Next Nations (Le Mans) is a grid start - RIP anyone not in a hybrid.
Have they made the starts different between GT1/2/3? :eek: I see this in GT1 for Le Mans.

Nations 3.png

These 2 might be in the same league then.

Regardless, I took the day off of work so I can race. First Oceanic slot is 3am California time. If I can stay up that late, I’m going to jump that race. I’m at work the next 3 days, so hopefully I prepared enough for whatever they throw at us.

Hopefully they’ve unscrewed the servers by then too

Edit: on second listen, he said “lower league”. FFS…I can’t understand them friggin’ Aussies 😂

At any rate, do the GT2&3 slots start before GT1 slots? I honestly haven’t paid that much attention

One can hope.

JUST MAKE SURE Y'ALL HAVE WETS FOR YOUR CARS BEFORE ENTERING! Bit me in the butt for Suzuka :lol:

And yes, the GT2 slots start way before the GT1s. EST, the first GT2 is at 11:00A and the first GT1 is at 6:00P.

Last edited:
At least it has a roof unlike the Alpine. Bring your brolly just incase if you do go French.
Oh, I am definitely not going French now. :lol: I tried the Alpine in the rain to see how it handles and it literally hurts my eyes in VR. Having the rain effect on the glass pod with no wiper is very, very uncomfortable to look through.

As things stand I think I'm just going to try catch a Asia/Oceania streamer in GT1 in the morning to see what happens. If it stays dry, it's the 787B. If it rains, I'm taking the LM55. The 787B is an absolute nightmare for me in rain, even with TCS5 it seems to want to just bin itself at certain places whilst feathering the throttle.

Going to stick with the Toyota GR10. Found a setup that I like and was able to lap in 3.25.0
I think I want to use the Toyota also. I’m comfortable in that car. Do you mind sharing the setup? I haven’t messed with any tuning or even done any laps in that car yet.

I'm not convinced that site's correct - it also says it was 0x time progression for Suzuka, where we got both rain and an in-race sunset.
I would tend to agree. There is a disclaimer at the top of the page that reads "*1 : Weather / Time / Temperature / Wind Speed / Surface Water at Start are estimated values." They are speculating. Same as us.

In the 3-lap GT2/3 brackets, there are only two opportunities to switch tires. If they are going to have rain, I sure hope that PD sets up the race so that it is possible to make a reasonable guess at the end of the laps whether it makes sense to do so.

I ran a custom race for practice last night with S01/S03/C05/R06/R06 weather. When I got to the end of lap 2, the radar wasn't showing anything (but I only realized later that I didn't have it all the way zoomed out). I changed to IM tires anyways because I knew -- or at least expected -- that rain was coming. And it did, but not until I was 2 minutes into the lap. On race day, I'd hate to be in the same situation and get caught out on slicks after making the mistake of trusting the radar.

Without weather, the GT2/3 races is a no-pit sprint, so I've been focusing most of my practice on getting faster on the track with the Peugeot RCZ. My best lap in free practice at the moment is 8:16, with an optimal time of 8:14. This is enough to be ahead of the two other drivers on my friend list who have posted times (please add me as a friend if you'd like to compare times), but a far cry from the 7:51 that the aliens are posting. I feel like I might be able to squeeze another second or two out, but I have no idea whether it will be enough to be competitive on race day.

I think I want to use the Toyota also. I’m comfortable in that car. Do you mind sharing the setup? I haven’t messed with any tuning or even done any laps in that car yet.

One thing to keep in mind about the Toyota is it's finicky hybrid deployment. It only drives the front wheels and only deploys in a certain speed window......I think 75mph to 150mph. Something to keep in mind should it get wet and you're needing that extra 4WD grip coming out of the slower corners.....you're effectively still driving a RWD car at that point.

I would tend to agree. There is a disclaimer at the top of the page that reads "*1 : Weather / Time / Temperature / Wind Speed / Surface Water at Start are estimated values." They are speculating. Same as us.

In the 3-lap GT2/3 brackets, there are only two opportunities to switch tires. If they are going to have rain, I sure hope that PD sets up the race so that it is possible to make a reasonable guess at the end of the laps whether it makes sense to do so.

I ran a custom race for practice last night with S01/S03/C05/R06/R06 weather. When I got to the end of lap 2, the radar wasn't showing anything (but I only realized later that I didn't have it all the way zoomed out). I changed to IM tires anyways because I knew -- or at least expected -- that rain was coming. And it did, but not until I was 2 minutes into the lap. On race day, I'd hate to be in the same situation and get caught out on slicks after making the mistake of trusting the radar.

Without weather, the GT2/3 races is a no-pit sprint, so I've been focusing most of my practice on getting faster on the track with the Peugeot RCZ. My best lap in free practice at the moment is 8:16, with an optimal time of 8:14. This is enough to be ahead of the two other drivers on my friend list who have posted times (please add me as a friend if you'd like to compare times), but a far cry from the 7:51 that the aliens are posting. I feel like I might be able to squeeze another second or two out, but I have no idea whether it will be enough to be competitive on race day.
That’ll be more than competitive enough in GT2. I’m not even worried about those Aliens in GT1. Granted, they’ll be in higher splits than me. But in an actual qualifying session where there is tire wear, and their session will be ruined if they go for broke, I’m expecting those same guys to be in the high 7:50’s low 8’s come game time. I know the ring tends to bring out a lot of dudes that are particularly fast at that course, but even at my bottom-feeder A+ level, I expect the fastest qually times in my lobby will be 8:06-:07. And even then, I’m not particularly worried about those guys. Finishing well here is going to boil down to consistency and finding a strategy that optimizes total race time.

I’ve ran probably 20ish custom races of different lengths to test out different strategies for tire stints. And out of those 20 races, I’ve gotten probably 5 races that had a spit of rain. 2 of them required IM tires. This was with the weather set to random.

GT2 driver here, and the Huracan eats soft tires in the few practice races I did. Granted, it might be the way I drive so others might be able to make it work. I'm going 3 laps on medium tires.

Sure. Made the rear softer to try and make stable on corner exits and tried to dial out some understeer. Hopefully it’s an ok setup. This my first attempt at setups on this game.

IMG_1519.jpeg

Last time we had this round in official season my race was dry with a few light showers but not enough to wet the track. The only good thing for GT2 league is that you will know what 2/3 laps will be like for weather with the quali session. That last lap if they is no rain your just going to have to gamble on dry and hope it doesn’t rain later in the lap.

Think your time is pretty decent. If you can run that in the race you should be near the top. In Manus last time I started P16 as I waited too long in quali and missed the times. In the end I finished P6 buy just been consistent and keeping it on the track.

I'm really hoping for the no-pit sprint. I enjoyed the weather change at Suzuka, but I hadn't spent any time on this track until preparing for this race, so like you I've spent all my time learning/getting faster on the track and not messing around with weather. I've got my best free practice time (GT2) down to an 8:13, so I'm pretty happy with that now and I'm no longer forgetting where in the 150 turns I am on track. But it seems like it'll be like learning a whole new track in the wet, so frequent barrier visits are likely.

I'll probably try a couple wet sessions Friday evening just in case. At least damage is temporary in GT2 :)

Did another quick test for Saturday's race. I definitely can't make RS tires last. Did 3 laps in RS and 3 on RM and cumulative time ended up being about the same since RS were basically completely cooked barely into the 3rd lap for me. RM I can make last 4 laps to go with the 4 laps of fuel to a tank. Rain will affect the actual race strategy for sure, but at least I know it by some miracle it stayed dry the whole race I'd run RM x 4 > RM x 4 > RS x 2.

Did another quick test for Saturday's race. I definitely can't make RS tires last. Did 3 laps in RS and 3 on RM and cumulative time ended up being about the same since RS were basically completely cooked barely into the 3rd lap for me. RM I can make last 4 laps to go with the 4 laps of fuel to a tank. Rain will affect the actual race strategy for sure, but at least I know it by some miracle it stayed dry the whole race I'd run RM x 4 > RM x 4 > RS x 2.
I think that’s a solid strategy. Was watching Kie’s stream today, and amongst mostly A+ with some A’s in the lobbies, there was a lot of carnage…and mostly just cars going off by themselves. I don’t think outright pace is going to matter in anything but top split lobbies. It’ll just be keeping your nose clean. And speaking from my Ferrari experience of many seasons, I was very rarely on the OP strategy when multiple compounds were available. If I put the work into figuring out MY strategy, I usually got good results. I then would take my points and go watch streamers whom were much faster than me, totally cock up their races because they’re married to a strategy that either their car isn’t capable of, or isn’t necessarily the best strategy anymore (for them) as the events of the race unfolds. As much time as I’ll sometimes put into these races developing a strategy, I’m at the same time developing my alternate strategies in case something goes wrong, or the situation changes…. ESPECIALLY in these long races. You watch…. if a guy catches damage on lap 5 or 6….or we get some weather that puts us into a position where we are faced with 8 laps, there will be a lot of people making bad calls on the fly because all they’ve practiced is a “perfect scenario” strategy.

I think that’s a solid strategy. Was watching Kie’s stream today, and amongst mostly A+ with some A’s in the lobbies, there was a lot of carnage…and mostly just cars going off by themselves. I don’t think outright pace is going to matter in anything but top split lobbies. It’ll just be keeping your nose clean. And speaking from my Ferrari experience of many seasons, I was very rarely on the OP strategy when multiple compounds were available. If I put the work into figuring out MY strategy, I usually got good results. I then would take my points and go watch streamers whom were much faster than me, totally cock up their races because they’re married to a strategy that either their car isn’t capable of, or isn’t necessarily the best strategy anymore (for them) as the events of the race unfolds. As much time as I’ll sometimes put into these races developing a strategy, I’m at the same time developing my alternate strategies in case something goes wrong, or the situation changes…. ESPECIALLY in these long races. You watch…. if a guy catches damage on lap 5 or 6….or we get some weather that puts us into a position where we are faced with 8 laps, there will be a lot of people making bad calls on the fly because all they’ve practiced is a “perfect scenario” strategy.
No doubt, so many potential variables in this one to shake things up amongst those of us with less than perfect race craft....I can imagine outright pace indeed won't be the major player here.

Imagine clipping that wall in the turn 2 sharp left hander and having to do the entire GP course + Ring with damage to your car how much time that would eat up. Same thing if you pass the pits before rain starts but someone behind you times it right and switches tires just as it gets wet on a lap this long.

All this Ring talk has got me hyped! Some of those GT2 times are fast! My times are in the 8:10/8:11 range Im GT1 driving the Ferrari. I feel Im on the slower side but those GT2 times should get you top three im my opinion! Can’t wait for Saturday!

All this Ring talk has got me hyped! Some of those GT2 times are fast! My times are in the 8:10/8:11 range Im GT1 driving the Ferrari. I feel Im on the slower side but those GT2 times should get you top three im my opinion! Can’t wait for Saturday!
I’ll be curious to hear post race what tire strategy you end up coming up with. I remember I had a hell of a time figuring tire strategy out for the Ferrari at the ring last season. Damn thing eats rear tires for breakfast!

Say…are you able to tune out some of the Ferrari’s snap oversteer with the dampers?

I’ll be curious to hear post race what tire strategy you end up coming up with. I remember I had a hell of a time figuring tire strategy out for the Ferrari at the ring last season. Damn thing eats rear tires for breakfast!

Say…are you able to tune out some of the Ferrari’s snap oversteer with the dampers?
I have been following what you have been saying and I will be doing my race strategy tonight. As if now I just been trying to get comfortable driving at 10/10 I’ll probably be at 8/10 during the race. For damping tuning I have mess with it a lil bit, but did find it to make the car feel a lil bit more stable as I pushed hard vs the default settings.

Will likely be going 5M/5M with the McLaren at the Nurburgring myself, assuming no scripted rain. No tyre or fuel issues at all from what I've seen.

I think I could just about stretch to 6M/4S based on my testing so far but I'm really not keen on the thought.

Maintaining the concentration needed to save about 75-80% of a lap's worth of fuel with shortshifting and using fuel maps under slipstream where available over the course of almost 50 minutes would be very draining on an already very long and taxing race.

I had a practice run in the NSX, and yeah this one's not for me. Hope everyone has a good race - and actually gets to race. PD still maintaining radio silence over the loading bugs, intermittent they may be.

Personally I just hope it gets fixed for Le Mans weekend. Spidey 2 will be out by then, and I'm not sitting watching the French countryside scenery when I could be swinging around New York. If it doesn't load immediately I'm out.

@Yard_Sale , what's the pit delta for Nord assuming tires only?

I had a practice run in the NSX, and yeah this one's not for me. Hope everyone has a good race - and actually gets to race. PD still maintaining radio silence over the loading bugs, intermittent they may be.

Personally I just hope it gets fixed for Le Mans weekend. Spidey 2 will be out by then, and I'm not sitting watching the French countryside scenery when I could be swinging around New York. If it doesn't load immediately I'm out.
On account 4 I picked Acura. I am having some regrets lol. Did a quick three lap test and the left rear was almost full red. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I am trying to buff that account before Sat but am afraid to even try dailies. Had to and was two for two yesterday on race Bs, so could've been worse!

Last edited:

On account 4 I picked Acura. I am having some regrets lol. Did a quick three lap test and the left rear was almost full red. Oh well, we'll see how it goes. I am trying to buff that account before Sat but am afraid to even try dailies. Had to and was two for two yesterday on race Bs, so could've been worse!

It doesn't always translate exactly from practice to race (this last Nations Cup race the practice pit time was shorter than in the race), but from what I just tried it was about 26 second to just swap tires.

26 seconds sounds about right. Really depends where you take the time stamp. I always stop the clock at the when I hit the brakes for the first braking zone.

Back