Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
1698992704266.jpeg

I get the feeling the original idea for the last race of nations was different but this race will most likely use road cars and probably use the SRT Demon which is fun to drive

Last edited:
I don't think so, they most plan their updates way ahead. More probably the race will contain at least one of the new cars.
I'm a little disappointed now that 2 Nations Cup races feel like Daily Race A which don't need you to have too much skill.

I don't think so, they most plan their updates way ahead. More probably the race will contain at least one of the new cars.
I'm a little disappointed now that 2 Nations Cup races feel like Daily Race A which don't need you to have too much skill.
They plan ahead, for sure, but unexpected things can always happen. A bug, a licensing issue... Why would they need to do this to hide a new car, they still haven't even revealed what the car(s) are yet!

Last edited:
I do feel like SSRX in a daily is fine but as a round in a championship it's a bit of a waste of a slot, with one event per weekend. As a bonus to something else it could have been engaging enough but on its own it's like if you bought a gourmet burger and they brought you a slider.

Not been taking Nations that seriously this season, but hopefully I get good scores last 2 rounds. Should not have to practice too much for good scores so at least there's that luckily.

WY5CsfR.gif

I can't even begin to convey how disappointed I am by that. Ok, SSRX, funny meme race, we'll do it for the lolol and all that... but to follow it up with another oval when there are scores of other options (even if they had to scrap the one they were originally planning on!). Its says RH tires which leads one to believe it'll be a Gr4 or Gr3 car. I wonder if DR/SR will be on.

Last edited:
Its says RH tires which leads one to believe it'll be a Gr4 or Gr3 car.
Super Formula or Gr.2 also seem like possibilities. Guessing it won't be Gr.1 or X2019, in any case, since we already had races with those. Suppose we'll find out soon enough, though. FWIW, I share your disappointment. I was looking forward to having some fun in the snow.

Bah. That choice is more than a little disappointing. If they had to parachute a last-minute replacement in for something that was planned for update 1.40 but got delayed late in the day, pretty much any combination of car and track would be preferable (given that we already have SSRX). I mean, we could have had gr2 at Spa, pre-1990s at Bathurst, 60s sports cars at Goodwood, anything really.

Having said that, if the specified car is a Mini or a Kei-car or something then I will smile, at least initially.

I just hope for the next series that my Saturdays off align with Manufacturers rather than Nations.

If the final race is in the Demon, I could see that being more challenging than expected. An 800+ hp boat with very little downforce will probably be quite slidy even at Daytona.

Still, I'd much rather race at BMB (remember that track, PD?!) instead of the brain-dead SSRX and Daytona tri-oval races over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again...

Last edited:
If the final race is in the Demon, I could see that being more challenging than expected. An 800+ hp boat with very little downforce will probably be quite slidy even at Daytona.
I was pleasantly surprised by the Demon. Took it for a spin in the Clubman event at Watkins Glen and it was good fun. Only whacked into Barry about 5 times. I'd be happy if that was the Daytona vehicle.

Done some testing for Manufacturers today and I feel off pace or just can’t get the car to work to my liking.
Best I could achieve after some setup adjustments is a 1.43.5 with optimal 1.42.2.

IMG_1795.jpeg
Anyone running the GTR 18, this is what I’m using. I found making the dampers too soft was causing too much understeer for me.

Last edited:
Anyone running the GTR 18, this is what I’m using. I found making the dampers too soft was causing too much understeer for me.
I don't know about the GTR, but for the RCZ, I found I get my best times when I increase the compression dampers on both the front (37 versus the default 30) and rear (33 versus 30). I made slight changes to the expansion amounts (-1 on front, +2 on rear), too, but the impact of those changes on my lap time were less noticeable.

The car feels almost uncomfortably lively now with the front dampers so tight, and I'm pretty sure it is impacting tire wear, but it does seem to help me get around the track a little faster.

On strategy, I'm no longer convinced that a no-stop on RH is going to be my best option. I've tested a few other 1-stop strategies and they are getting close to -- but not quite beating -- my no-stop times. I'll post some numbers here when I have completed all my tests, as I'm sure you are all dying to see the results.

Edit: Good luck in your race(s) tomorrow. May the odds be ever in your favour.

Last edited:
My first time doing one of these races - incredibly dull and utterly pointless.

Picked the RX7 (the RE Amemiya) because it was red. All but 2 others in the AMG Black. Qualified 15th, a Pagani on pole followed by all the AMGs. Up to 3rd after 30 secs, then the AMGs got up to speed and swamped me. The Pagani and I lost the slipstream at the start of lap 2. I have them a bumpdraft and they managed to get back on, meanwhile I was stuck in no-mans land. Finished a few seconds off the pack in 10th.

Actually gives me my best score of the season so no need to risk falling asleep in another round. Good luck out there and pick the AMG.

Last edited:
Just won my first Nations Cup race in GT3 (Dr B, Sr A)!
Was in the Mercedes, started P13 and slowly climbed up to 6-7th with half a lap left. Was on front at the beginning of the last turn and used all the remainder of my nitro (less than half of it) to escape from the pack and win!
70pts.
If my understanding of the points system is correct, that's it for me today.

I don't know about the GTR, but for the RCZ, I found I get my best times when I increase the compression dampers on both the front (37 versus the default 30) and rear (33 versus 30). I made slight changes to the expansion amounts (-1 on front, +2 on rear), too, but the impact of those changes on my lap time were less noticeable.

The car feels almost uncomfortably lively now with the front dampers so tight, and I'm pretty sure it is impacting tire wear, but it does seem to help me get around the track a little faster.

On strategy, I'm no longer convinced that a no-stop on RH is going to be my best option. I've tested a few other 1-stop strategies and they are getting close to -- but not quite beating -- my no-stop times. I'll post some numbers here when I have completed all my tests, as I'm sure you are all dying to see the results.

Edit: Good luck in your race(s) tomorrow. May the odds be ever in your favour.
Yeah similar for me that with setup. Felt better keeping the car more stiffer.
Not done long runs yet so not sure how the tyres will last, nor have I thought about strategies. I just assumed it was a no stop…

——————————

Will attempt Nations later today. Seems like a bit of a pointless race but as no DS/SR on I might as well just go out and run a few races.

I went with the RX-7 as it seemed to be a good pick from what I saw in the dailies this is a repeat of, and the 787B engine is a better soundtrack. In my lobby there was a handful of Pagani's, a Chiron and the old GT-R. (Forget which model) The rest were Mercs from looking at the leaderboard no doubt.

I qualify P8 and the session seems to go with what car you are in.
20231104_091157.jpg

I notice that my car struggles a little in the first half compared to the Mercs but gains it back in the second half. I guess because it's better downhill.
Race starts and the Mercs are better in the low speed acceleration and I am swamped and find myself towards the back. The Pagani's also said goodbye at the start too.
There is plenty of jostling and I'm able to claw my way back up. Predictably a Pagani is spinning in the first banked turn. By the back straight the pack has closed and in the 2nd turn I see another Pagani with a pen. RIP.
Lap 2 starts the same. I'm towards the back of the pack. Coming out of T1 and a couple of cars go in the melee and I'm in 10th. I slowly and surely slip and climb towards the front of the pack along the back straight. Going into the final turn and I'm around 4th. I go high as usual and at the 2nd post unleash the nitrous. It seems a lot of people forgot about it or do not have it mapped. A Merc tries to pin me to the wall and it looses me a second before I burst out from them and away from the others. 3rd is just too far ahead and I keep 4th rather easily. I might have had a chance at 3rd without the idiocy but I'll take the points. A shame given the result that the DR isn't on, but oh well.

I did the first two slots. AMG in the first one which was a bit of a nothingburger where I ended up P12, changed to the RX-7 for the second and got P6. That's good enough for this.

The key to this from what I can see is to keep very alert on the first banking on lap 1 - someone is probably going to make a slight mistake and sideswipe another car there, and you don't want to get collected in the aftermath when it happens. There's 16 cars here instead of the 12 in the Daily As, and that makes more of a difference than you'd think in terms of pack size.

I wish my score didn't rely on me doing well on this race. But I missed the first few weeks of this series, so every race counts for me and I'll only have time to run twice.

Anybody know about how long the nitrous lasts here? I never use the stuff.

Back