Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
A couple questions about qualifying for today's race.
  1. Are nitros available for the hot lap?
  2. What approach did you use for qualifying? Did you give yourself some space and run the lap alone? Or did you try to join a pack to take advantage of slipstream effects and bump drafts? How did it work out for you?

Watched some streamers and it looks as boring as it is. Odd thing is, some people's DR looks to have gone done even though DR/SR is supposed to e turned off. No one's went up, but a handful showed going down.

2. What approach did you use for qualifying? Did you give yourself some space and run the lap alone? Or did you try to join a pack to take advantage of slipstream effects and bump drafts? How did it work out for you?
1) No.
2) Slip doesn't work in qualifying so stay away from others if you can.

Last edited:
1. No.
2. I tried to join a pack but the game wouldn't release my car until there was space I guess, so I ended up on my own. Q9 and finished 3rd.

Qualifying is largely irrelevent as you can make your way through the pack with careful driving and slipstreaming anyway.

I'm going for the Nissan R35, 2 min to start of the GT3 League race and I'm nervous, this can be a good race or a nightmare... :scared:
I'm happy with 10th place or above, top 5 would be amazing. :)

Edit.

Qualified as number 10, not bad, since I started after the pack, so no slip streaming, on to the race!

Edit.

Smooth race, 7th place, happy with that. :)

Last edited:
Is the Viper able to keep up with the lead pack? If DR and SR is off then I might try some races with my main account if the Viper is at least competitive.

Am I the only one who thinks Daytona could be awsome, I'd love a Nascar style drafting race with the crazy final dash for the line. It's going to be interesting to see how the custom slipstream settings work, that could make or break the race.

I fear it won't work out that way, without full course yellows to bunch the pack up it will become fragmented and we'll just end up counting off the laps off to the finish, cruising around flat out on our own.

I tried a practice race with the Demon, it's easy flat all the way. Fuel and tyres could do up to 12 laps, so a straightforward 1 or 2 stopper for GT2/3 & GT1 correspondingly. Unless it's possible to eke out 15 laps on the fuel and tyres that is.

WHY does the Q session need to run out the clock when everyone has already finished?

Spongebob Squarepants Ngapa GIF by The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge On The Run

If anyone is looking at off-meta cars for a laugh rather than joining the AMG herd, don't use the NSX. Completely uncompetitive, as I just discovered.

It also had about 70% fuel left at the end just to compound the problem, unlike the Chiron which ran out halfway through lap 3.

@Nebuc72 - Barring the crash, how did the Aventador feel? That looked poor in quali but quite potent in race conditions.

Last edited:
If anyone is looking at off-meta cars for a laugh rather than joining the AMG herd, don't use the NSX. Completely uncompetitive, as I just discovered.
Same for the Lamborghini. Completely different to Daily Races. Had a gut feeling about it because AMG was on top of the leaderboard instead of the Pagani. But hey it's a meme race and I already have three good results in the bank so no worries about P13 :)

In classic PD fashion, the next nation round uses no new content and is gr.3 cars on Daytona Oval.
Ok then.

It's a custom BoP too, meaning that the cars are rental only and not from your garage.
wow so no nascar liveries? what in tarnation?

Cars ahead pulled clear me out of the pits for qualifying, had one draughting buddy behind bump drafting me on the out lap. He then slipped back on the final turn before the flyer, so had to do it on my own. I could see a group of 5 far ahead, presumably getting some slipstream benefit. But turns out I managed 3rd running on my own in clear air, guess the slipstream is over-rated.

Not the qualifying mattered much, soon had a line slipping past me, down to 7th or 8th. Then hooked up a line of 3 us, draughted straight back to the front and pulled clear of the pack. I hoped that would last, but by the end of the back straight they were back with us.

Into the second lap found we had a 7 car pack up front, rest of the field had dropped away out of touch. Onto the back straight I slipped back a little out of the turn, needed to burn half my boost to get back in touch with the pack. All ran smoothly the next lap, positioned near the front of the pack into the final turn.

On the run to the finish managed to briefly take the lead, but as the boost ran out I slipped to 3rd. It was that moment in the middle of the race, where I burnt half my boost, that compromised my chance of the win. At least 3rd just out scores my lowest points score, so good enough to be done for the day.

Honestly the most stupid and pointless race of the season.
Did 2 races in the end and I’m bored of it already. Quali is dull and the racing is just dull too
Race 1 I picked up a 4 second penalty for apparently taking someone out even though I didn’t touch any cars.
Race 2 I was just taken out by a dirty driver.

I see the next nations race will be the same thing. Bump drafting and people taking each other out.

I generally hope I do well in races and only have to do one, because the races are difficult. After, I regret placing high enough to not want to gamble another race because the races are also fun. This week I hope I do well because of the dread of having to do this one more than once.

Then I remember two weeks from now is going to be very similar.

Of course I'm the only one to get squeezed into the wall at the end of T1. Don't you just love the Sport Mode meta?

Doesn’t feel like a copy of the recent daily A at all. Aventador and Huayra can’t compete anymore. In slip of the AMG herd and drops off anyway.

Edit, maybe Aventador could work. But for Huayra you really need some help. And herd mentality is strong, not many will push someone in another car than the one they’re in, if given the option to choose.

Last edited:
GT2 - USA slot 1
B/S lobby - P1 worth 108 points

Qualified P2 in a very lonely 2 laps.

Race was same as everyone else's. Bump drafting, hoping you stay in a front group and no one spins out directly ahead or causes it to you. Used the boost a bit to stay with the 2nd group into Lap 2. Used the rest exiting the tunnel into the last turn to finish P4 for 94 points. Good enough.

18b9b30a4c473-screenshotUrl.jpg

There are some very stupid people even at DR A. Due to scrapping through the last turn on lap two, our pack lost four seconds to the lead pack (although they were two cars down as two got penalties, which were very concerning to encounter at that closing speed). I also ended up with a Huayra-shaped front end as the sole Pagani just dived down the banking ignorant to my presence...

... got a fifth place though.

I believe so.....was watching Kie's stream earlier and he commented about it after the race. Said it was some kind of bug. This race say DR and SR not affected.
But it is easy to check if it had actually gone down by checking Kudos Prime directly afterwards. Shouldn’t be a mystery.

Hopefully just a display glitch and not the price you pay for your lottery ticket 🤔

Just finished the second GT2 slot in the Americas.

Went with the AMG, like most everyone else. A lone Huayra and a pair of RX-7s besides.

Qualified Q6. It was a mostly uneventful race for me. I found a line to join on each straight and bumped it until we got to the front. Some rearranging on the corners as the line broke up, then more bumping.

Into the final corner, I found myself in P2 behind a car that had burned some boost on the prior corner, so I was feeling pretty good about my chances for a win, but... I was late getting on the boost. I did manage to pass the car ahead of me, but fell behind two others on the final sprint.

Finished P3 for 95 points. I'm more than happy with that result. I will NOT be trying again.

Last edited:
GT3 race worth 55ish points. AMG because, why not?

Qualified 6th and top 11 were all within a second of pole. I was laughing about the "DO NOT USE THE NSX" comment upthread because the one NSX was a 16.5s INTERVAL FROM p15, lmao.

Immediately out of the gate see that Quagmire in the Pagani is going to be a huge issue.

HUGE credit to my bump draft boy Vega in the silver GT-R, a lot of the bump drafting was wobbly but with both of us keeping straight wheels we were able to pull ahead. Cooperative bump drafting is what wins this race. Of course he got murdered by the guy who took P2.

Full race VR replay:

Last edited:
Back