Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,921 comments
Sorry if I wasn't clear, I understand that the SSRX race didn't affect DR and knew before the race. I'm saying that if it affect DR did I'd probably be DR B now because I was at the very top edge of DR C and got P1 in the race in a higher point lobby for me.

My other question was unrelated and is basically, if I am DR B at the start of the next championship series is that how I start in GT2 is what I am unsure of. This was my first series and started in GT3.
Then yes.

If you are at DR C or below when you first enter any GTWS season you will be placed in GT3 League. If you are DR B when you first enter any GTWS season you will be placed in GT2 League. If you are DR A or above when you first enter any GTWS season you will be placed in GT1 League.

You can't switch leagues during a season once you've entered, although you could be in two different leagues for Nations and Manufacturers if your DR changes to a different level after you've entered one but before you've entered the other.

Then yes.

If you are at DR C or below when you first enter any GTWS season you will be placed in GT3 League. If you are DR B when you first enter any GTWS season you will be placed in GT2 League. If you are DR A or above when you first enter any GTWS season you will be placed in GT1 League.

You can't switch leagues during a season once you've entered, although you could be in two different leagues for Nations and Manufacturers if your DR changes to a different level after you've entered one but before you've entered the other.
Awesome thanks for the detail. I was wondering why there were quite a few DR B people getting point levels I couldn't reach in GT3 but this explains it.

IMG_3812.jpeg

Only got 2 rounds in on my main, although I got the first 3 rounds in on both my Alts. Made A+ on the main right before the second round which explains the big jump in points. Was disappointed I wasn’t able to also do the NBG round on my main to see how I would have faired in a fast lobby, but oh well.

Overall, I think the biggest winners of this season were the longer races, heavy damage, and limited tuning. Heck, even the multipliers were halfway decent. I thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of testing for the races and developing my prospective strategies depending on how the race unfolded.

The losers for this season IMO was no Group 4 races in GT1, scripted weather, and the sometimes-glitched damage repair system.

I think PD needs to find a way to where an equal amount of Gr.3 and GR.4 races count towards your final score. In the official season, several top players went with Ferrari just for the Group 4 car (neglecting to do ANY group 3 races). And then this season, you saw what felt like more Porsche’s than usual, BECAUSE there weren’t any group 4 races in GT1. The BOP in both categories is fine for the most part (with a few obvious outliers of course), we just need a better variety in events/multipliers that will cater to different cars.

As far as limited tuning…I liked it. But like I’ve said in nausea, PD would be smart to not make tuning anymore involved than damper/anti roll bar adjustments. Anymore than that, and you’ll just drive people away.

PD would also be smart to allow people to copy/paste tunes from the leaderboards. That way everyone has a tune to “work off of” if they desire. Sure, you would probably get some fast guys that would choose not to set FP lap times in order to hide their tunes, but you’ll get some real fast guys that still would.

I think PD has knocked it out of the park with these last 2 seasons. Hopefully tuning doesn’t get anymore involved. But if it does, I’ll just pick whatever Manu Kie chooses, and let him figure out the tuning for me 😎

I am torn, as typically I don't like Gr4 cars; I think, in general, they are lame and would much rather virtually any combo in Gr3 than Gr4. That being said, the Gr4 cars were pretty fun around Grand Valley (I think having the RS tires available helped), but, again, the Gr3 cars are more fun so maybe it's a moot point.

The addition of Gr4 races makes picking the Manus a little more strategic and interesting. The BoP in Gr4 needs an updates as Porsche, for example, has a great Gr3 car and a horrible Gr4 so many either won't pick Porsche or will just skip the Gr4 races anyway. Generally I still don't like the Gr4s and am perfectly fine not doing those races.

I am torn on race length because I do like the longer races, but the whole thing from start to finish (quali + race) can often take 90 mins (or more in the case of Nord) which is a lot to ask of a casual on a Saturday night (this would be less of a concern if there WERE MORE GT1 SLOTS PD!!!!!!!!!!).

I still think GT1 should be A and A+ up to 75k DR (half way thru A+), and a separate category needs to be added, GTX, for 75k+DR people. This is where the that category would come into play as those people would legit be trying to qualify for the WS and would make the time regardless of when the races were and how long they were.

So there are definitely arguments on both sides and even I find myself debating with myself.:lol:

What I feel there is no debate on is NO TUNING! Especially for GTWS races! Is that guy really faster than me or did he spend 27.823423 hours I don't have messing with suspension settings to get better turn-in and tire wear? We will never know. :irked:

Agree with pretty much everything you said here.

I don't particularly like gr.4 (i.e., I'm bad with them!).

I love the longer race length, but wish I had a saturday morning option. And thank goodness, no wednesday races this round. It is my 'busy' day and an hour+ race isn't going to happen for me on those days. Or at least, I won't be at my best.

Agree that there should be a GTX league. As a low A driver, I am never in direct competition with any of the best, although I am ranked in the same pool as them, and it looks horrible, but that's only cosmetic. I can live with that to enjoy the longer format.

I completely ignore the tuning, I just don't want to tinker much, and hope that I can jump in and be competitive in a bop car.

So everything kind of lined up for my personal tastes in this round of manu, my first go-around in the GT1 league.

Been tinkering around some more testing Daytona. Seems like about 17 laps is as far as it will run with no fuel savings and no slipstream to cut the wind.

The interesting thing which I guess we won't know until race day is under "Car Settings" it's listed as "Allowed". Hopefully this means you can drop the ride height and downforce to cut wind resistance. Also I wonder if this means tinkering with gearing will be allowed. If not are there any cars still allowed that have a 7th gear? That might prove quite helpful when drafting/fuel saving throughout the race to lessen time in the pits gassing up.
I was shocked to see NSX at the top the other day, but I found it's a custom BOP so I doubt they will allow tuning etc...if they is tuning you should be able to edit it in the time trial.

I am torn, as typically I don't like Gr4 cars; I think, in general, they are lame and would much rather virtually any combo in Gr3 than Gr4. That being said, the Gr4 cars were pretty fun around Grand Valley (I think having the RS tires available helped), but, again, the Gr3 cars are more fun so maybe it's a moot point.

The addition of Gr4 races makes picking the Manus a little more strategic and interesting. The BoP in Gr4 needs an updates as Porsche, for example, has a great Gr3 car and a horrible Gr4 so many either won't pick Porsche or will just skip the Gr4 races anyway. Generally I still don't like the Gr4s and am perfectly fine not doing those races.
Some thoughts from the perspective of a GT2 driver...

On mixing Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars: Like @Talon16 said, I thought this made the selection more interesting. You couldn't just go and pick the one meta car. You had to weigh the merits of both the Gr.3 and Gr.4 cars from each manufacturer and decide which fit best. Personally, I'd love it if they expanded the series to include the other categories of cars, too, with Gr.1, Gr.2, and even Gr.B races. Not at all practical because so few manufacturers have cars in every class, but one can dream...
This is why I'm not a huge fan of Gr4s. The imbalance between Gr3 and Gr4 just makes picking a manufacturer difficult. I can spend more time testing different manufacturers in the week before round 1 then I do racing in the GTWS.
Also the BOP in Gr4 especially in Daily races has been poor. Last few months it's either been Ferrari or 650s, and now Mazda
Can't remember the last time I entered a Gr4 race.

On tuning: I like the idea of being able to tune the cars, especially in GTWS races, where you have some advance notice of what's coming and can spend some time preparing for it. BUT... I feel like the game isn't quite ready to support it. There need to be better tools for inspecting other drivers' tunes and publishing them for others to use (like we have for liveries). That said, I was very happy that I could make adjustments to my cars for the Manu Cup races, since it helped me squeeze a few tenths off my lap time on every track.
I don't mind tuning. The suspension stuff is ok, but the aero side of it just totally destroyed that Le Man's race in my opinion. A race I was looking forward to, actually turned out to be one of the worst.
The suspension changes I find doesn't really gain you much time, but having a car that handles the way you want it to handle will make faster.
The issue with timing is...how many hours do you want to spend messing about with game that's been designed as a pick and play?

I do alot of ACC racing now, and that is tinkering around with setups and I do enjoy it, but the game has been built around that philosophy or tune and race.

The suspension stuff is ok, but the aero side of it just totally destroyed that Le Man's race in my opinion.
Couldn't agree more. That race was brutal for tuning, doubly so because of the uncertainty around weather. Too much work to get two cars ready for race day: one for sun and another for rain.

Speaking of weather, what did everybody think about how the weather was handled? The rain was a surprise at Suzuka and Nurburgring. And the sun surprised many of us a Sarthe. Part of me liked the surprises, but another part wishes there had been some earlier indications about what to expect. I kind of wish that PD would include a 'probability of precipitation' forecast in the race descriptions so you have some idea what to prepare for.

I was shocked to see NSX at the top the other day, but I found it's a custom BOP so I doubt they will allow tuning etc...if they is tuning you should be able to edit it in the time trial.

This is why I'm not a huge fan of Gr4s. The imbalance between Gr3 and Gr4 just makes picking a manufacturer difficult. I can spend more time testing different manufacturers in the week before round 1 then I do racing in the GTWS.
Also the BOP in Gr4 especially in Daily races has been poor. Last few months it's either been Ferrari or 650s, and now Mazda
Can't remember the last time I entered a Gr4 race.

I don't mind tuning. The suspension stuff is ok, but the aero side of it just totally destroyed that Le Man's race in my opinion. A race I was looking forward to, actually turned out to be one of the worst.
The suspension changes I find doesn't really gain you much time, but having a car that handles the way you want it to handle will make faster.
The issue with timing is...how many hours do you want to spend messing about with game that's been designed as a pick and play?

I do alot of ACC racing now, and that is tinkering around with setups and I do enjoy it, but the game has been built around that philosophy or tune and race.

The perfect scenario to eliminate the confusion of tuning altogether in GT7, would be for PD to do what ACC does and offer either a safe, or aggressive tune for each car.

Personally I’m ok with manufacturers having 2 “decent” cars, or one really good and one really bad. Just as long as it evens out.

As for GR.4 and BOP. Yeah…in the daily’s it’s usually either the Ferrari, New Mazda or maybe another car in the mix. But the same could be said for any GR.3 daily race too. Hopefully PD got the data they needed from this “limited tuning” season as well as these recent daily’s, to finally enact that Low-Medium-High speed BOP that has remained inactive. That in itself could be the equalizer for cars in daily’s, and in the manufacturers cup

Couldn't agree more. That race was brutal for tuning, doubly so because of the uncertainty around weather. Too much work to get two cars ready for race day: one for sun and another for rain.

Speaking of weather, what did everybody think about how the weather was handled? The rain was a surprise at Suzuka and Nurburgring. And the sun surprised many of us a Sarthe. Part of me liked the surprises, but another part wishes there had been some earlier indications about what to expect. I kind of wish that PD would include a 'probability of precipitation' forecast in the race descriptions so you have some idea what to prepare for.
Suzuka and Nurburgring I think wasn’t much of a surprise as you could potentially guess with the tyre choices. The Le Mans race was a surprise though, I was pretty sure they would have weather.
As for the fixed weather I thought it was perfect. The slow moving weather just made it easier to judge to your strategies. That fast dynamic stuff is just pot luck as to whether you got lucky or not.

The perfect scenario to eliminate the confusion of tuning altogether in GT7, would be for PD to do what ACC does and offer either a safe, or aggressive tune for each car.

Personally I’m ok with manufacturers having 2 “decent” cars, or one really good and one really bad. Just as long as it evens out.

As for GR.4 and BOP. Yeah…in the daily’s it’s usually either the Ferrari, New Mazda or maybe another car in the mix. But the same could be said for any GR.3 daily race too. Hopefully PD got the data they needed from this “limited tuning” season as well as these recent daily’s, to finally enact that Low-Medium-High speed BOP that has remained inactive. That in itself could be the equalizer for cars in daily’s, and in the manufacturers cup
Yeah a safe and aggressive presets base would be handy.

I do think Gr3 has a little more variety in cars, but yeah i can see what you’re saying. Hopefully we get we a new BOP for Gr4, and a few minor tweaks in Gr3 in the December or January update. Knowing PD we end up with a whole brand car physics and out of balanced BOP

Last edited:
The problem with Gr.4's BoP will always be all of the different drivetrains in it. I don't think a setting (or even a combination of 3, if they remember they have multiple BoPs) exists that will make FFs, FRs and 4WDs equal at both a twisty course with elevation like Alsace and a flat power circuit like Monza, and everything in between. Gr.1 has a similar in-built problem with balancing the various hybrids in it.

It doesn't help when they add something OP like the new Mazda though, of course!

Gr.3, by contrast, other than the cars that feel like they are deliberately BoP'd to be bad (the Silhouette, the Atenza, the Peugeot/VW VGTs) just needs tweaking and refining rather than throwing out whole cloth.

The key to dealing with the "surprise" was, to watch an Asia/Oceania stream. Which does take away a lot from the unpredictability, and the fun, unless you happen to live in that area and race in slot 1 (or handicap yourself against everyone else...).
I do wish they could do something about that in future seasons. Unfortunately the only way it seems we can get that kind of weather is for it to be handcrafted, the "standard" weather system is just too fast. Hopefully they can address that one way or another in an update? Or just make different weather for each slot, but that takes time...

Last edited:
The key to dealing with the "surprise" was, to watch an Asia/Oceania stream. Which does take away a lot from the unpredictability, and the fun, unless you happen to live in that area and race in slot 1 (or handicap yourself against everyone else...).
Yeah. I'm familiar with that trick. What I'd like is more than a few hours notice so I can avoid spending my time during the week prior to the race preparing for weather that never happens.

Yeah. I'm familiar with that trick. What I'd like is more than a few hours notice so I can avoid spending my time during the week prior to the race preparing for weather that never happens.
i blew my back out so i can't practice at all and don't touch the car until the 15 min pre-quali period. i feel like an F1 driver.

doctors hate this one weird trick for avoiding race practice! (surgery soon)

Welp, guess it's time to start practicing holding a line at Daytona using a controller. My cats somehow knocked over my Playseat Challenge, and I think the power plug for the wheel scraped against my desk or something, because it yanked the wires straight out of the plug. Wheel, unusable. I guess this isn't the worst race for it at least...

Last edited:
Race day is almost here. Best of luck all! May the slipstream be ever in your favour.

FWIW, I'm still planning to go with the GT500 Supra, unless some other meta reveals itself to be a better choice once some races have been done.

Think I'll run the race in chase cam view, too. I did that at the SSRX race and it seemed to help get a better view of what is going on ahead and the cars around me.

Just ran a slot in GT2 down here in the test lab region. And due to my DR I was basically in a split with animals. Took out the Vette (don't bother) and got close at the start but a pack of NSX and Castrol Supras just dropped me. I was just at 0.220 and started falling back.
Then a troll took out a few people to prevent being passed and broke up the field. Top 3 gap it. I catch a friend and we bump draft back up to catch p4, who was the cause of the first big wreck. He then promptly pit maneuvers my friend in front as we try to pass. I manage to keep it going and decide to cautiously try it around the outside on the straight. Nope, he swerves over to shove me into the wall, but I was ready and saved it and stayed on his bumper the next few laps.

Until lap 15 when I get a good run onto the back straight, duck inside the yellow and take him out. Yes I got penalized. Yes it was dirty but he ruined the race for at least 4 of the 10 drivers in the lobby. He didn't deserve a clean reply.

Hope your races are better and more fun. And don't take the Vette

The DBR9 has the lowest rpm at top speed out of the remaining cars, so I went with that. In custom race with no wind I can make the fuel last the whole race just with minimal fuel saving, but in the race with wind and having to keep up with the pack the fuel consumption is much higher. I still tried to no stop but it's just too slow in the end.

The winner is the only other guy in the DBR9 but he pitted like everyone else. He managed to bump draft his way to the front early on and stay there. After the pits he was wayyyy out in front (much shorter refuelling remember). Normally he would drop because he has no one to draft with, but luckily for him there was a NSX in last place that's just in the right place. They both traded slipstreams (you're ghosted when you're a lap down) and managed to stay ahead of the chasing pack just enough until 3 laps before the end. A few cars ran out of fuel, others crashed on the last lap jostle, and he got the win.

So in summary:
  • The DBR9 is best on fuel but unless you have a drafting partner in the second half you're gonna get caught up anyway and your advantage nullified
  • In my testing the GT-R '18 has a comparable top speed but slightly better than NSX on fuel, but I don't know how it will be in the race with draft
  • NSX is better than Supra on fuel, but twitchy when bump drafting
  • Supra is more stable than NSX but worst fuel consumption
  • Slipstream is off in quali so find an empty piece of track so you don't get bothered
  • Bump draft, work together to reach the front of the pack early and avoid crashes
  • Don't attempt a no stop
  • Don't bother with tyre change, even fully worn there's no issue unless you do something stupid on the banking

Good luck! It's pretty fun if you have a group of clean drivers but not replay worthy IMO. No doubt the standings this season are gonna be all over the place thanks to the 2 final races :lol:

Slot 1 Oceania, top split. 2 of us in the DBR9, A Mustang, a 4C, an 18 GTR and a Peugeot VGT?!?. The rest of the field were NSXs and SupraGT500s.

Q7, but the DBR9 is a rocket off the line. Was p5 by the time we hit cruising speed.

The race itself was pretty good for the most part. The Mustang and Peugeot dropped off the back early, but all the rest of us remained in trains together until the pit stops. Unfortunately a lag spike gave me front spoiler damage on the lap I pitted and I lost the tow from the front 4, so I pitted all alone.

The Aston needs a splash of fuel, the Supra a bit more and the NSX is thirsty. Exiting the other DBR9 was p1, a Supra was 3 seconds ahead and then I had a train of NSXs and Supras about 3 seconds behind.

Within a few laps the train behind caught up and by lap 26 we were one leading group of 9 again.

On lap 28 all hell broke loose in the pack. One well known aggressor took out a Supra by sticking his nose inside and pit maneuvering it. It hit the wall and spun.

He then did the same to me, but I saved it while the NSX behind me got caught in the collateral damage and spun. I had lost the slip though and was p7 and losing ground.

Then on lap 29 he did the same thing again to another NSX which spun into the wall.

Finally, on lap 30, the NSX in p4 ran out of fuel and I passed him on the long straight and brought it home in p5. The other DBR9 won.

Our aggressive friend in the Supra finished p2.

216 points will bump me up the Oceania standings to around p15 I expect.

Back