Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
I've done a little bit of testing with the 1IM-4RM strategy. It's doable.

If you come out on slicks with 5 cars ahead of you, the moisture gauge is just slightly above the first line and stays there until you reach the point that the leaders were at when the rain stopped (guessing that's somewhere on the Kesselchen straight). Then it drops to zero. If you come out in P9 or higher, the gauge is right on the line.

At that level on RMs, I felt like I had to brake earlier and take some corners slower than I would if I were on IMs, but I was keeping up with the AI cars, so maybe it wasn't too far off driving on IMs. Anyways, you don't really get the full advantage of being on the slicks until you get to the point where the moisture drops to zero, which is a fair way through the lap.

I don't know if I'd try it in the race, but it's certainly an intriguing idea, and maybe a good way to get out of traffic for a bit.

With the races coming up, best of luck, all! May your slicks always find the dry racing line.

I’m going be using the oceanic slots to test a couple strategies. In a Ferrari in GT1, I’m going to try for a good qually time, and if I land somewhere in the front, I’m going to go on heavy wets and try to run like hell.

…if the track is borderline dry enough for RM’s at the end of lap 2, I’m going to go for the undercut and just take it very easy on the first half of lap 3, and hopefully catch back up to the pack at the end of the lap and jump them all in the pits.

If I have to push the wets to 3 laps, tire wear and pace will become somewhat of a concern on lap 3, but hopefully being able to push the first 2 laps will build me up enough of a cushion.

If I qualify in the middle of the pack, I’m just going to hang back and play it safe, pick up easy spots as people go off, and make a game time decision on what I decide to do as far as when to take slicks.

Unless I take very significant damage in the first 2 laps, I’m not going to put for damage. On a wet track where overall pace will be slow anyways, I just don’t see how you can make up the pit loss time pitting for damage only

So looking at that stream above it looks like a totally different race to the TT.
The wetness certainly changes. Dry line definitely forms during lap 2. Looks risky doing a 1/4. 2I/3M looks the way to go. Still looks risky on lap 3.
Also it appears to get darker alot quicker

Never been a huge fan off Nords a race (as a TT track it's amazing), but I'm actually looking forward to this.

All the front runners in my race pitted for slicks at the end of lap 2, wasn't too tricky to keep it on track for that lap. The hardest part is on pit exit keeping it together, don't floor it, be cautious around the first few turns.

Brilliant track and weather combo, why can't all races be like this, this game has so much (wasted) potential.

Gran Turismo™ 7_20231230091519.jpg

Last edited:
Nice result! I’m sure we was practicing last night @MetalApe in a lobby I hosted, are you French?

18a3d248-dd27-47ed-af58-c48379e6a347.jpeg

It was a fun race, different to practice and I came out with SR S as I was in B when I got seeded because of the other weeks daily races.

First ever manufactures cup race with a win, qualifying caught me out I thought it would end after the first 12 mini elapsed like it does in lobby’s so I didn’t full on go for it at first then realised the timer started counting down again but it was still good for third.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few observations from that live stream:
  1. In qualifying, a dry line forms for the hot lap. Since the dryness of the line depends on how many cars have driven over it, I expect it would be advantageous to be one of the last cars to go out.
  2. It was dark at the start of lap 3. This looks like a time multiplier of 6x, which I tried once when figuring out the weather and time settings.
  3. The track is completely dry by the start of lap 4, probably because of the increased time multiplier. Looks like the dry line will only come into play for laps 2 and 3.

A few observations from that live stream:
  1. In qualifying, a dry line forms for the hot lap. Since the dryness of the line depends on how many cars have driven over it, I expect it would be advantageous to be one of the last cars to go out.
  2. It was dark at the start of lap 3. This looks like a time multiplier of 6x, which I tried once when figuring out the weather and time settings.
  3. The track is completely dry by the start of lap 4, probably because of the increased time multiplier. Looks like the dry line will only come into play for laps 2 and 3.
I think your right in terms on running last, I think the pole position was one of the back markers in quali, I couldn’t remember seeing them in the timing list or I may have missed them when checking but when I went over the line I realised there was plenty of time to be at the back and not have to fight with traffic.

It went darker quicker than in free practice, it felt completely different.

Lap 4 felt perfect for RM, I practiced on wets but woke up and thought IM was the way to go with how the track dried in FP, the dry line was so much different and I think one of the players stayed on the same tyres throughout the race, I thought might have an advantage but he really dropped off once the whole track was dry.

Wow! I can't honestly say that was anything but PD at their best. What a set up and beautifully executed too.

From the opening in the rain to the track drying as the sun goes down and on into the night that was easily one of the most fulfilling races in the history of the game and one of the most beautiful experiences in racing gaming. The lighting! Gorgeous.

PD, this is why we are here! Give us more of this please.

I managed to qualify pole against all odds I'm assuming hanging back and making sure I had space to run the lap alone made all the difference here and I got a little lucky as I immediately got a 3 second pit lane pen when leaving so restarted just in time to make it around in the out lap.

It didn't affect the race all that much as it straight away became a battle to keep the car on the road and a slugfest for the top 5 positions on track, or who could manage to stay on the longest.

The difference in grip on race IM and qualy / practice IM is quite a lot as it would frequently snap on me even when turning a gentle corner or going in a relatively straight line.

From that to then trying to remember where in the track I am in the dark was a real struggle so pleased to bring it home in 3rd.

If it wasn't such a physical experience I might of gone a few times, fantastic race.

Enjoy :cheers:

20970639769809835.jpg

20970759907533117.jpg

20970443696762727.jpg

20970514147351281.jpg

Holy smoke! What a race!! That’s what I’m talking about PD! The rain, the day to night transition! The stars!!! With the headlights from the cars behind me reflecting into my eyes from my mirrors, in VR….

man, I felt like I was in a real life endurance race!!

Didn’t have high hopes for this round. Decided to qualify on Heavy Wets….cuz, why the hell not? Q’d 8th with a whatever time, wasn’t too worried about it. Decided to roll the dice and start the race on heavy wets to see if I could eat my way through the pack. I definitely made up a lot of ground for the first lap and a half and found myself in the lead, but lost it on the final straight before headed into the pits to take mediums at the end of 2. I came out in 5th, and took it easy on out lap and stayed the hell away from the Kerbs. Just before the first carousel, I caught up with the main pack and we pretty much stayed nose to tail for 2.5 laps as the darkness set in. Everyone in our train drove pretty well, and clean, with all of us taking turns trading little mistakes back and forth. I drove my 458 for all -I- was worth, and was able to nix a final position at the end of the esses in the big braking zone before we rejoined the GP circuit - as the BRZ that I was following closely out-braked themselves and face planted into the wall.

IMG_3983.jpeg

IMG_3985.jpeg

IMG_3986.jpeg

All things considered, I’m really proud of this result. Seemed like a fairly strong lobby, and I was in one of the least-suited cars for this track. Got 179 points for 45 minutes of fun! One and done for me on my oceanic account. Gonna hit the hay for a few hours and wake up for the last European slot. I think I’ll qualify in inters this time, but most likely stick to the rest of my strategy.

Enjoy this race everyone, it’s a good one!!

Last edited:
Wow! I can't honestly say that was anything but PD at their best. What a set up and beautifully executed too.

From the opening in the rain to the track drying as the sun goes down and on into the night that was easily one of the most fulfilling races in the history of the game and one of the most beautiful experiences in racing gaming. The lighting! Gorgeous.

PD, this is why we are here! Give us more of this please.

I managed to qualify pole against all odds I'm assuming hanging back and making sure I had space to run the lap alone made all the difference here and I got a little lucky as I immediately got a 3 second pit lane pen when leaving so restarted just in time to make it around in the out lap.

It didn't affect the race all that much as it straight away became a battle to keep the car on the road and a slugfest for the top 5 positions on track, or who could manage to stay on the longest.

The difference in grip on race IM and qualy / practice IM is quite a lot as it would frequently snap on me even when turning a gentle corner or going in a relatively straight line.

From that to then trying to remember where in the track I am in the dark was a real struggle so pleased to bring it home in 3rd.

If it wasn't such a physical experience I might of gone a few times, fantastic race.

Enjoy :cheers:

View attachment 1315284

View attachment 1315285

View attachment 1315286

View attachment 1315287
Mega pictures! The first half a lap or so with everyone breathing down your neck are tense. I’m surprised how physical it actually is!

That was 5 laps of ultimate concentration today….but boy was it fun!

Manufacturer for me in the was Toyota. Something new for me plus a car I’ve not driven too much.
IMG_2535.jpeg

Lobby - 10am UK, All DR B. I was car #5. Max points 136

Quali - so after seeing a few streams and info I decided…be the last one over the line for better conditions. Was on for a top 3 start until I got a game glitch! Car ahead crashed on the final 2 corners and as I approached the car unghosted just as I was driving past and I gave a small touch which didn’t effect me but apparently I caused a crash! Check the stream at 21.55. Started P11 in the end.

Race - Ffist lap I was too cautious, but did the right thing I think. Played it safe and just kept the car going forward. Made a few places and up to P7. Lap 2 I couldn’t understand the grip levels, but started to get to grips with it and was only 10 seconds behind P1. Pitted end of Lap 2 and even though I was cautious into T1 I still ended up wide. Then at the hairpin on the go track I went wide and lost a few positions. After that I just tried to keep it in the dry line. Made a few small errors but nothing too damaging.
IMG_2534.jpeg

Lap 4 P6 and the track was still greasy for me, still didn’t feel comfortable and then towards the end of the lap I made 2 mistakes which allowed the cars behind to catch me. Apparently I blocked the car behind and they crashed blaming me. So I maybe did block a little but I was covering that inside line which I’m entitled to do. The car behind tried to pass me via the ghosting system. Managed to gap the cars and lap 5 just a case of keeping the gap and on the track. Somehow in the final 3 sectors I lost a chunk time and cross the line for P6.

Happy with the race and my points. P6 good for 108 points,

Oh yeah…. PD, absolutely nailed the race length today for us in GT2/GT3 leagues. I felt like 5 laps was just right, plus the weather situation made things more enjoyable. In the past we have had 3 laps of this track, and just when you get settled in the races is over. PD please give GT2/GT3 leagues the option in future to enter the longer races or shorter races

Live Stream for reference for anyone still to go.

This is the blocking so open to criticism or your POV

Last edited:
That was 5 laps of ultimate concentration today….but boy was it fun!

Manufacturer for me in the was Toyota. Something new for me plus a car I’ve not driven too much.
View attachment 1315295

Lobby - 10am UK, All DR B. I was car #5. Max points 136

Quali - so after seeing a few streams and info I decided…be the last one over the line for better conditions. Was on for a top 3 start until I got a game glitch! Car ahead crashed on the final 2 corners and as I approached the car unghosted just as I was driving past and I gave a small touch which didn’t effect me but apparently I caused a crash! Check the stream at 21.55. Started P11 in the end.

Race - Ffist lap I was too cautious, but did the right thing I think. Played it safe and just kept the car going forward. Made a few places and up to P7. Lap 2 I couldn’t understand the grip levels, but started to get to grips with it and was only 10 seconds behind P1. Pitted end of Lap 2 and even though I was cautious into T1 I still ended up wide. Then at the hairpin on the go track I went wide and lost a few positions. After that I just tried to keep it in the dry line. Made a few small errors but nothing too damaging.
View attachment 1315296

Lap 4 P6 and the track was still greasy for me, still didn’t feel comfortable and then towards the end of the lap I made 2 mistakes which allowed the cars behind to catch me. Apparently I blocked the car behind and they crashed blaming me. So I maybe did block a little but I was covering that inside line which I’m entitled to do. The car behind tried to pass me via the ghosting system. Managed to gap the cars and lap 5 just a case of keeping the gap and on the track. Somehow in the final 3 sectors I lost a chunk time and cross the line for P6.

Happy with the race and my points. P6 good for 108 points,

Oh yeah…. PD, absolutely nailed the race length today for us in GT2/GT3 leagues. I felt like 5 laps was just right, plus the weather situation made things more enjoyable. In the past we have had 3 laps of this track, and just when you get settled in the races is over. PD please give GT2/GT3 leagues the option in future to enter the longer races or shorter races

Live Stream for reference for anyone still to go.

This is the blocking so open to criticism or your POV

Nice race! I wouldn’t class that as causing a crash, I’m always cautious when cars are ghosted I’ve had too many instances where the ghosting stops soon as I’m right on their bumper and it’s an inevitable crash, I treat it as the car isn’t ghosted now.

One thing I noticed on yours is the darkness, it went dark on me on lap 3 like pitch black, your still light on lap 4 turning into lap 5.

Skip to 6 minutes 30 seconds for the race there’s a bit of qualifying in there.

This was my race, DR C, SR B. I was expecting to be punted off but it was really good and helped qualifying third, I did cheat using the braking zones even though I’ve lapped the Nurburgring 100s of times on games like Forza Motorsport 3/4/5 I haven’t spent much time on Gt7 so it helped a lot 😝

Last edited:
It was dark at the start of lap 3. This looks like a time multiplier of 6x, which I tried once when figuring out the weather and time settings.
I was wrong about that. With a multiplier of 6x, the track starts going dark at the start of the 4th lap. To get it to go dark at the start of the 3rd, it looks like 8x is what you need.

I haven't even sat in my rig let alone played an online race since the Nations Cup Daytona race (and tapped out to controller play during practice for that race because of the pain). Had disc surgery at the end of November and today will be my first time back in my wheel setup/PSVR2 since then. This will be interesting.

I haven't even sat in my rig let alone played an online race since the Nations Cup Daytona race (and tapped out to controller play during practice for that race because of the pain). Had disc surgery at the end of November and today will be my first time back in my wheel setup/PSVR2 since then. This will be interesting.
Good luck! I'm a healthy young man, but even I'm thinking it's going to tire me out. Qualifying plus the race, 7 laps total and let's not forget any practice beforehand.

I will only have time for one attempt at this event, so I'm not going to push super hard. The key for me will just be to try and stay pointed the right direction, even if that requires being a little slow.

I will only have time for one attempt at this event, so I'm not going to push super hard. The key for me will just be to try and stay pointed the right direction, even if that requires being a little slow.
this was how i played the last nurburgring race and ended up P2, just focused on not leaving the track. was mostly just me zoned out alone on the nordschliefe but the end of the last lap got exciting:

was definitely exhausting but one of the coolest online gaming experiences i've ever had

e: lmao @MillerGT in your race at 9:21 i think that reaction to the guy getting all up in your doors could be captioned as "british noises" hahaha

e2: i love how expressive VR is, you can see me being visibly irritated after being bumped at the entrance to the long and finish straights

Last edited:
Nice race! I wouldn’t class that as causing a crash, I’m always cautious when cars are ghosted I’ve had too many instances where the ghosting stops soon as I’m right on their bumper and it’s an inevitable crash, I treat it as the car isn’t ghosted now.
The ghosting really annoys me on this game. People think because ghosting is happening they have the right of way etc… Or if they are in the penalty zone et… and try to get the slip and drove through them, and when the unGhosting happens it’s not my fault you decided to try and drove through me.
I try to drive as if the cars are solid objects when they are ghosted. Like you says too risky at times
One thing I noticed on yours is the darkness, it went dark on me on lap 3 like pitch black, your still light on lap 4 turning into lap 5.
Interesting… so not every race is the same then? I thought my track stayed wetter for longer than I seen in other races, and yes my race wasn’t dark till lap 5, yet yours is dark lap 4.

Skip to 6 minutes 30 seconds for the race there’s a bit of qualifying in there.

This was my race, DR C, SR B. I was expecting to be punted off but it was really good and helped qualifying third, I did cheat using the braking zones even though I’ve lapped the Nurburgring 100s of times on games like Forza Motorsport 3/4/5 I haven’t spent much time on Gt7 so it helped a lot 😝

Nice win though! 👏🏻👏🏻

this was how i played the last nurburgring race and ended up P2, just focused on not leaving the track. was mostly just me zoned out alone on the nordschliefe but the end of the last lap got exciting:

was definitely exhausting but one of the coolest online gaming experiences i've ever had

e: lmao @MillerGT in your race at 9:21 i think that reaction to the guy getting all up in your doors could be captioned as "british noises" hahaha

e2: i love how expressive VR is, you can see me being visibly irritated after being bumped at the entrance to the long and finish straights

@SupaflyIRL that was one of many British noises throughout that race lol

The ghosting really annoys me on this game. People think because ghosting is happening they have the right of way etc… Or if they are in the penalty zone et… and try to get the slip and drove through them, and when the unGhosting happens it’s not my fault you decided to try and drove through me.
I try to drive as if the cars are solid objects when they are ghosted. Like you says too risky at times

Interesting… so not every race is the same then? I thought my track stayed wetter for longer than I seen in other races, and yes my race wasn’t dark till lap 5, yet yours is dark lap 4.

Nice win though! 👏🏻👏🏻
I agree it’s really annoying, I’m sure GT Sport was better, especially for people using you as a brake come first corner, they should be ghosted and go straight on into the barrier.

Looks like they’re changing it up slightly between races, maybe it’s times or DR/SR differences, I’m DR C and SR B so maybe the track dried sooner to help us slower racers get round in one piece, thanks it was a good race, a lot of luck especially with some sloppy driving in bits.

Is this game bugged?

So this is top slit EU, with two streamers in the same race. This is the same corner on the same lap.

People saying that the games brightness values are causing this? But the hud looks the same? I’m going to have test this brightness thing.

My in game settings are this. EV 0.0, Sat 100, Graphics Ray/Resolution

IMG_2543.jpeg

Last edited:
Is this game bugged?

So this is top slit EU, with two streamers in the same race. This is the same corner on the same lap.

People saying that the games brightness values are causing this? But the hud looks the same? I’m going to have test this brightness thing.

My in game settings are this. EV 0.0, Sat 100, Graphics Ray/Resolution

View attachment 1315327
Time of Day has been bugged in lobbies for ages, I assume this is a similar (if not the same) bug.
Wouldn't think display settings has anything to do with it.

My randomiser decided to give me BMW again. I may need to ignore results of it to try something new next time.
It took 4 good results at daily C to claw my way back up to B DR again and just in time.

EMEA 10am.

This was an epic to be sure. Not so much the first half but certainly the 2nd half.

I did my usual and went out later than most. This probably benefited me in a big way. Despite a spin at T2 giving me a corner cut penalty (Seriously PD!) I drove an exceptional second half of the track in clear air from Hohe Act to the end to grab pole!
Everyone seemed to play it well into T1 and there were no issues at least that I could see. However coming around T2 I must have caught the white line and the car went around and unfortunately pinned to the wall with the stupid physics. So I was now DFL. I know had something to chase. Everyone seemed to be going careful and any accidents seemed to wait until the NGK when the rain got a little heavier. I was naturally a bit quicker than most of the pack here and slipped by a few as they ran wide as well as taking advantage of some chaos. A couple had pens put I worked myself back up to 5th by the end of lap 1. By lap 2 I was 3rd on the tail of P1 and 2. We all pit. Some went past but most came in. P1 and 2 gunned it out of the pits and said hello to the barrier and 3 seconds of penalty. I was cautious but my nemesis of T1 and 2 came into play. I just about held it with a few slips but lost a couple of places. However the car was happy on the drying track. Us pitters slowly caught and picked off the remaining inter drivers as darkness fell. However 3 came out of the pits just ahead of me and one had tried to go on a no stop it seemed. (Oh dear)
1 went off ahead and I got past. The other went wide and I had to take the chance. There was a bit of contact but it was more from them trying to close the door too late. I slowly closed on P2 and eventually I caught them as they caught the no stopper in a NSX. Predictably they were on banana skins and we got past as they said hello to the barrier at Eiskurve. So it was just me and the Genesis ahead for the win. I put the pressure on but they were rock solid. We probably both drove the race of our lives over that lap but in the end the slight wobble I had at Schwalbenschwanz just put me too far back and they had a 1 second gap at the line. Seriously is up there in terms of races I have had across both GTS and GT7. We both had a 24 second gap to 3rd so the top 2 drivers did come out on top in the end. I reckon without my spin on lap 1 I would have had a very comfortable win. I was good in clean air on all laps and only lost time when behind others.

0ab070de44210923258b9bbb5b2a05d6_photo.webp

This is me closing right up to the leader into Aremberg.

Time of Day has been bugged in lobbies for ages, I assume this is a similar (if not the same) bug.
Wouldn't think display settings has anything to do with it.
Ah ok then yeah it bugged. I’ve had this issue months ago in online multiplaye, but I thought PD fixed it. I know they are aware of this issue.
I tested with EV settings and it not that from what I can tell

Back