Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
Gave my best Guenther Steiner tribute today. Qualified last, P12. Qualified last, P11. Needed P8 to improve by at least 1 point in both. Feels pretty pointless to try again.

At the very least I’m moving up the field I guess.

Highlight was someone eating it on the sausages while chasing me and me saying “DADDY WOULD YOU LIKE SOME SAUSAGE” (like from Freddy Got Fingered) out loud.

Last edited:
It's weird that for the dailys I don't want to race in anything other than the car that gives me the best chance of a good result. But I agree with you for the manufactuers races, I feel like picking something random and different for the fun of it. This time I only picked Ferrari because I'd just watched the film.
That's why I love the Manufacturers series and will race this over Daily Races all week long. People pick there favourite manufacturers, or pick something fun, or just go with the strongest car they can run.
This weeks daily race at Daytona is prime example. I tried a few cars and was off pace. Picked the Ford GT and went 2 seconds quicker. As nothing else can touch the ford or Peugeot the race then just becomes instantly boring for me.

I wish PD made the Manus a bigger series. In the off season make it a 8/9 week long series, that runs once a week, and maybe allow people 1 manufacture swap.
Then have the official season 8/9 weeks but no Manu swap. Then if they isn't a 2nd official series make another long off season series again. Once a week for 8/9 weeks and allow 1 Manu swap.
Had done a nightshift so raced in the afternoon. Before the race I did about ten minutes of practice and in the final lap I improved my time a bit and got (as usual) close to @Roggers his best time. Close...but no sigar, as they say!
Haha yeah I've been looking at the times you post in the past few events. I have a few drivers who I am always in and around the mix and it is definitely a good indicator to see where my pace is. Good little battle 👍🏻

----------------

As for GTWS, today I decided to skip today's round. Wasn't feeling it all this race. I think the lack of consistent race pace was a factor and also how dodgy the track is too, just didn't interest me. If it was Gr3 cars I would have raced and also if the weather was set correctly too. PD messed up with that I'm sure. Must have got there miles and kilometres mixed up when setting the weather speed.

Overall not a bad little series that.
Nords definitely the pick of the bunch. Watkins Glen another fun race due to me been strong at that track. And then Mount Panorama I think has been my best ever drive on a GTWS event, as I was car #16 in my highest ever ranked lobby, quali in P13, and then take a P6. I'm now at 99% DR B, so one race away from DR A.

Last edited:
An idea I’ve been rolling around in my head (that will never come to fruition) in regards to Manu-daily races - is to have no DR loss in daily races IF you use your Manufacturer contract car, and IF you get a clean race.

Would sure help with the current daily’s that inevitably turn into 1-2 make races

GT2 DR B/SR S
Did Q1, and P1 for 92 Pts.

My 3rd P1 for this Manufacturer cups, there wasn't much intense racing going on, as I was pulling away alone on these 3 occasions. (With a respectable P6 in the wet nurburgring.)

P1 is nice, but the chase is sometime better than the catch... I am mid DR B right now, maybe I will graduate soon with these wins.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240110183208.jpg

Wow race was crazy hard lol! Qualified 10th.. I was up 5 tenths half lap and spun coming off curb. The beginning and middle part was great got up to P7 and had P5 in my sights… for some reason I thought the race was 14 laps and been practicing all week for that. When I got to lap 15 I had no rear right tire left.. dropped to P9. Man what a tough race for the Ferrari drivers… add this car has no straight line speed so you have to make it up in the corners.. which ends up burning the tires out fast!

Oh well still fun and a learning experience! Thanks for all the advice and information, does anyone know when the next one is coming up?

Idk if it’s me getting worse, but I got a Q15/P14 in the G70 Gr.4, which sounds good, but some racers in front of me even crashed out and/or got penalties, yet they still ended up passing me later. Is it me, the car, or what? I don't remember spinning out or anything.

EDIT: I also noticed that in spite of the G70 Gr.4 being an AWD car, the front tires definitely wore out faster than those in the back. The front-right one was completely worn out by the start of the last lap.

Last edited:
well that was a miserable experience... Last slot GT1 (the only one I can do on wednesday, shouldn't have bothered tonight!)

Qualifying was horrible, just missing apexes, slipping, etc. QDEADLAST. Made it to P12 pretty quick due to the jackassery in front of me. I ran a no-stop at watkins, but it didn't really do me any good, finished mid-field. I thought the tires were even more dire here, so I pitted lap 8. Only one other driver pitted (he finished p8). I did get that position back and one more from a deadtire driver. Finish P11, could've been worse, I suppose.

15 laps went by pretty quick, I would like to see the return of those 30 lappers/hourish races. But only on saturdays(!), no way would I have the focus for 30 laps on wednesday evenings.

Also didn't practice much for this one, because, Daytona. A track/car where I am reasonably competitive. Maybe see some of you at daytona to finish the week.

Not the way I wanted this season to end, but oh well.

Struggled a bit in practice, having a hard time being consistent. I was able to turn a good 1:31.7, but couldn’t repeat it.

Entered the last Americas slot, door #6. Could only muster a 1:32.7 in qualifying which landed me 10th. Not the worst thing, but should’ve been better.

The first few laps go smooth, go on to lap 4 in 11th. Heading into the hairpin I’m about 2 car lengths back from a Ford GT on the racing line, with a McLaren to the outside. McLaren turns in on the Ford, they collide and the Ford stops dead in front of me. No time for me to react, nowhere to go so I hit him. Front bumper damage, and a 2 second penalty.

By the time I serve the penalty I’m dead last, several seconds back. I figure I’ll lose too much in the pits compared to the pace loss so I stick to my no stopper. Two guys pit and I move up to 12th where I stay 5 seconds back. Finally found consistency, turning nothing but 1:34s until the last lap. Kept hoping for more pits, mistake, tire wear, something… but no. 10th and 11th fall off pace for the last 2 laps and I get to about 1.5 seconds back but nothing more.

Bummer finish but that’s the way it goes sometimes.

Looking ahead to the next season or whenever the “official” season is, I’ll have to trade in my Merc for a 458. I signed with Ferrari last time for the group 4 car then didn’t race. But at the time it said it was a 2 season “contract,” and I was in GT2. Now in GT1, if they keep GT1 as group 3 only, I’ll be joining the tire wear suffer fest with a bunch of y’all on here 😂

well that was a miserable experience... Last slot GT1 (the only one I can do on wednesday, shouldn't have bothered tonight!)

Qualifying was horrible, just missing apexes, slipping, etc. QDEADLAST. Made it to P12 pretty quick due to the jackassery in front of me. I ran a no-stop at watkins, but it didn't really do me any good, finished mid-field. I thought the tires were even more dire here, so I pitted lap 8. Only one other driver pitted (he finished p8). I did get that position back and one more from a deadtire driver. Finish P11, could've been worse, I suppose.

15 laps went by pretty quick, I would like to see the return of those 30 lappers/hourish races. But only on saturdays(!), no way would I have the focus for 30 laps on wednesday evenings.

Also didn't practice much for this one, because, Daytona. A track/car where I am reasonably competitive. Maybe see some of you at daytona to finish the week.

I agree that the races have seemed short this time around. I also wasn’t able to make any earlier races because of work and had to take my only shot at this one in the final GT 1 race. (Daytona tomorrow evening: :-) too.

Qualified ok with half a second off FP for q7 start wearing door 12.

Got off to a reasonable start and lost one place to a genesis on lap 2. The race separated a bit after maybe lap 7 and basically just tried to run solid laps and hoped to maybe gain some places from being in p8. At about lap 10 or so 2 cars went off in the esse and I moved up to p6 which is where I finished. I was successful at holding the gap 😁Definitely much better than I expected as it has been a rough week at work and I struggled to make this time slot work.

Ended with my highest score of the series in one that I’ve felt like I’ve underachieved in a few of the events. Tonight was my best result and score of the series much to my surprise

Finally jumped in the Redbull for a few laps will be ready when Saturday comes..

IMG_6414.jpeg
IMG_6413.jpeg
IMG_6417.jpeg
IMG_6412.jpeg

Last edited:
This might be just me but:

DRAGON TRAIL GARDENS IS THE BIGGEST ABOMINATION IN ANY RACING SIM EVER!

The track is full of stupid, frustrating, pointless little quirks and has literally no redeeming features.
The sausage chicane? So random and dumb.
The kerbs that want to kill you? Why?
The multiple consecutive apex turns? Torture.
Let’s burn it to the ground and forget it ever existed!
It will be a miracle if I get through this evening’s race with a still functioning TV and wheel.

Anyway, how’s everyone else’s practice going?
I know everyone is on tenterhooks waiting to hear how much damage I did to my equipment so…

Door 6 in an A+ lobby, Q9, p8, 28 seconds behind the winner.

No off-track adventures, no wall impacts, some really great, clean racing.

I hope I never have to visit that godforsaken place again. In fact, if I were the Croatian Government I’d be threatening to sue PD for reputational damage.

Well, that sucked. Only had time for slot 1, screwed up both quali laps and started 15th out of 16, was all over the place during the race, accidentally shoved someone in the wall after riding over the curbs, somehow ended up 10th due to mistakes/pit stops in front of me and minimized the DR damage. I didn't even bother checking how many points that was. I do not get along well with that layout at all.

I wonder if that race was originally supposed to be longer? Then the rain would have actually hit. Why shorten it though, that was one of the shortest Cup races in a while.

Man, the RBs at Spa are not fun at all with a controller. May have to skip the next one unless Fanatec really rushes my wheel back.

Not too bad for results this season.

18cf7c1a4555-screenshotUrl.jpg

I fell out of the Gold range in my region after Round 4. Apparently only 2 rounds would count and my race at The Gardens was somewhat pointless. At least my DR increased so I can hopefully get into higher points lobbies for Nations.

Considering I don't participate in Daily races, I suppose I can't compete with the points hauls the players who rank up to A during the season.

Finished in P2 for Porsche GT1! Quite happy with that, even if it is an exhibition season. More fun for us humans as many aliens don't care about these types of seasons. 40th in Americas is nice too 😊

Podium at N24 was definitely the highlight of the season. I had fun at Bathurst as well. Didn't enjoy Watkins Glen with the tyre wear and did not bother with Gardens.

This was the class of 2023 Exhibition Season 2, with each result:
InShot_20240111_064301710.jpg

Screenshot_2024-01-11-05-24-55-563_org.mozilla.fenix-edit.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up not going again on Dragon Trail. I'd have needed more than 202 points for it to actually do anything, and after seeing how the first race went that wouldn't have been likely.

Now that the season's over, I can at least take satisfaction that my experiment with an unpopular manufacturer to try rank high ended up being the most successful I could have possibly hoped for.

Pushing the Hyundai around in races hasn't been pleasant and I certainly won't miss the car, but I did end up taking the EMEA GT1 Hyundai #1 for my troubles, even if it's not worth much. Only 6 people did races with it, and of those I alone did all four. I was also the only A+ driver as far as I can tell, so the points available leaned in my favour too.

Regardless, I'll tick that "achievement" off and look to picking something more competitive next time. Something that preferably doesn't have an addiction to gobbling the front tyres like there's no tomorrow!

View attachment 1318218
Nice. It'll be your score on the worldwide leaderboard then. Something to be proud of.
What a god awful track to race on.

Goose egg to finish, because I can't be bothered to do that again.
I'll take this one.
Goose egg to finish?

2023-2024 Exhibition Season 2
Round 4 - DT Gardens
Gr3 - GT1 League, A+/S

I got a late start to the season and my 1st race in the Vette was a flop since I had all of 30 minutes of practice before race time. I managed to pull myself up by the bootstraps and get a better result at Mount Panorama, but my pace was still lacking.

Gardens is actually a track I enjoy. We ran a club race there back in GTS in the Maserati and for whatever reason, it was just fun drifting that big ole thing around the 4 corners. So, it puts a smile on my face whenever we race there.

I put in a solid qualification for me, which was a 1:31.4xx. Then proceeded to follow my game plan. Don't kill the tires and don't kerb glitch! It seemed to work as I went from p7 to p5 and had just enough tire at the end to hold off a fast approaching Supra. Picked up 268 points to finish the season and grabbed the final spot in the top 100 for the Americas 😎🔥😆

Overall, I had a lot of fun this season with many close clean battles. Ill take that any day!

Last edited:
What do people make of the points system for these championships? I can't help feel the two most important criteria to a good championship result are the ability to race multiple times, both multiple attempts at each round and entering all rounds to take advantage of dropped scores. Plus building a good DR to get in a high points lobby.

The two combined mean once you're in a good points lobby and can enter make multiple attempts you're almost certain to get one lucky race where things go your way and get a good finish with a big bag full of points. Also with dropped scores even if you've already got a decent fair result, you can still risk gambling it away in the hope of a lucky race where you get a better than expected result.

Ability to drive a good race comes way behind those two criteria.

My race yesterday is the perfect example of that. I boosted my DR with an early morning binge at Daytona on Monday before everyone else was upto speed, getting me into a high points lobby. Then in my second attempt at Dragon Tail I scored a good fair 8th place reflecting my perfomance. But due to dropped scores I chose to gamble that away for a 3rd attempt, where luck went my way giving me an extra 17 points. If that race hadn't gone well I could have run again for a 4th time at 9pm for final chance.

I'd like to see the ease of using multiple attempts to get a decent result seriously knocked back. A few ideas:
  • Instead of the last result take the average points from all attempts.
  • Give say a 5% or 10% percent points deduction for each extra attempt you've made. So 100 points in your second attempt only gives you 95 or 90 points to take home.
  • Only allow a limited number of 'joker' retries per season, say half the total rounds. So for these 4 round championships you'd get two jokers to use all season.
To deal with the DR issue is not so easy, maybe have some sort of pre-qualifying using the practice times from the days before the race to determine your lobby. But then that gives a boost to those who have time do a lot of pre-race practice. Or allow good performance from previous championship rounds to boost you up to a higher lobby.

The DR thing is a major issue. I'm actually suspicious i'd be more competitive (in the race, not points) in bottom feeder GT2 lobbies than these top tier GT3 lobbies that are people that dropped to DR C, registered, then cranked up to B or even A. I've been seeing all the same names since ranking up to B. One of those names is an Argentinian "Mema Vargas" and it makes me laugh every time. I am too dumb to come up with even a bad solution.

I'm an actual borderline DR C/B driver and am only a hair into B and got there from my nurburgring race. Lost DR in both of my Dragon Trail Gardens races and both of my Watkins Glen races. Gained at Nurburgring. Think i broke even at Bathurst with one poor and one good race.

My results for this season:

results.png

Labeling seems weird online, I think the 8th is USA + McLaren, and the 156th is actually North/Central/South America inclusive.

Last edited:
2023/4 GTWS Exhibition Season 2 – Manufacturers’ Cup R4 – Dragons Trail Gardens (Normal Direction)

GT2 League - B / S Lobby – 136pts to winner

Last time out, I was at a track that I have nearly 30 years’ gaming experience on, so to mix it up a bit this final round of the season was at a circuit I’ve never raced online at before. Yes, I’ve done a few World Circuits races here before but only when Menu Books or Weekly Challenges have called for it, so my track knowledge only extended to a vague notion of what direction the next corner is. When preparing for a round at an unfamiliar venue first stop for me is always to see if I’ve ever done the circuit experience – turned out I hadn’t so a few minutes later I had a better knowledge and a few hundred thousand more credits in the kitty. Even better, the CE here is done in a Gr4 car - albeit an RCZ which is somewhat different to drive than my Silvia – so it gave me a realistic starting point for braking points and so on. Next, go to TT mode and load up the fastest Silvia driver as your ghost to chase, then set off on a race-length run to see if anything odd happens with the weather or daylight. This got me down to a high 1:39 and it looks like we might just avoid any wet from the clouds on the radar. A few more lengthy runs in both TT and custom-race mode and I had the following conclusions.

- Corner exit speed will be key. This is true of any form of motorsport that involves corners of course, but here it’s really got to be maximised as whole chunks of time can be gained by being fast out of Sausage Chicane, The Hairpin, 50p Turn and the double-apex Final Turn. (My own names, has anyone ever decided on a convention for naming the corners here?). This is especially true if you have a well-handling but slowish car like I’ve got.

- Linked to the above, Avoid Those Sausages! BTCC-style hopping over the kerbs looks dramatic but is slow and will leave you a sitting duck on the next straight. The AI love doing it in Custom Race and I was able to pick them off dead easy here. The really fast guys in TT can get a wheel inside the sausage on each apex and thus gain the most time with little risk, but I’m not them so I’ll settle for declaring the sausage as outside my personal track limits and playing it safe.

- Talking of track limits, this seems to be one of those circuits where you can take some real liberties with them and not get penalised. Run all over the kerb coming out of The Esses, go outside the kerb out of 50p Turn, clamber all over the kerbs at the chicane or the hairpin? No problem. The only time I saw the red rectangle of doom throughout the dozens of laps I put in was when I ran off the outside at the final turn, and even then it was precisely because I was trying to see how wide I could take that corner before getting punished for it.

- Fuel? Plenty. Tyre wear? Ish. The mandated RMs will last the distance but don’t expect to challenge for Fastest Lap in the dying stages of the race. However, the time loss from worn boots is nowhere near that lost by pitting so a no-stop it is.

By the end of my time in TT I had a 1:39.0 as my best, but doing “mock qualifying sessions” – ie, start a TT run then do just 2 laps and see what your best is – was frustrating at first as I couldn’t even get in the 1:39s under self-imposed pressure. Later I did manage to repeatedly get in that bracket but could never repeat my best time.

Lobby races next, I managed to do a few for the first time this season and got some good results. It seems to be quite possible to race cleanly here, even through the chicane and the esses so that’s good. I did manage to win a couple of lobby races against all-B/S opposition but, as we all know, B is a very broad band so I don’t know where in B the other drivers actually were.

Come race day, I had the opportunity for any EMEA slot ahead of the 2-hour “lunch break” in the middle of the slots. After that, no go. That still gave me a few goes, so hopefully I’d be able to get a score that reflected what I thought I could do.

I already had 2 acceptable scores, so what were my objectives for this round? I’d thought about that while walking the dogs in the morning. (Having 2 very energetic Jack Russell Terriers gives you a lot of time like this to think.)

• Improve my score, ie beat the 118pts from N24
  • Give my DR a boost – so if I beat my score on the 4th run today but the first 3 runs were poor that wouldn’t be achieved
  • Win my local league in GT2 Nissans – there’s only 2 of us entered but we’re both in the UK top 5! Obviously I’d need to improve my score to help with this.
  • Enjoy yourself! When the fun stops, stop etc etc.

So, let’s go into the first slot. This is often a hard slot as the people entering are usually the ones who have been practising for days beforehand and are therefore good (and the ones who have been practising for days but are still mediocre like me 😊). This won’t help with race positions but may mean high-point races so I could finish lower but get more points than in previous rounds. Yes, looking at the points table confirmed this – 136pts to the winner of this slot, 10 more than is usually the case for me. I could finish top 4 and improve my series score, so that was the target.

Into Qualifying we go. Do my normal thing of waiting until everyone else had gone off and wait a bit longer for a clear track. With a circuit as short as this I went a bit earlier than I had to, to avoid being caught by cars a lap ahead. Everyone else has gone, nice clear track, away we go – until a car materialises back in the pit lane just ahead of me and sets off immediately, thus meaning my nice clear track has turned into being on the bumper of another car. Looks like they copped a penalty on their out lap and immediately restarted so as to still get 2 flying laps in. Drat. OK, I’ve just got enough time to hold well back on the first half of the out lap, and only started motoring properly out of The Esses so as to get into my rhythm for the first lap. 1:39.8 – I mean that’s not bad but it only puts me a provisional Q12, you can tell these racers have been practising. I improve on my 2nd lap and post 1:39.4, giving me Q5. More than happy with that from Door #14 (see what I mean about high point lobbies?), but the 4 cars behind me were all between 0.3s of my time, and I had a good lap – if they’ve had bad ones they could be faster than me in the race and it could all go very wrong. We would see.

And so to the race. Have I mentioned that the Silvia isn’t the quickest off the line? A lovely car to drive sure, but if you use one you have to be prepared to be attacked at T1 – and an Aston does the honours this time, hip-and-shouldering me to get on my inside through the sweeper. I’m still tight enough to keep my speed into the chicane, and we go through the first 2 apexes side by side, but the Vantage has the better exit and I tuck in to get the slipstream down the straight. They only let me have the outside line at the hairpin, so I use it and go round their outside to retake P5, which I then make stick into The Esses. The car in front meanwhile has gone wide at the same point so our P5/6 battle becomes P4/5 and I’m in the position I need to improve my score, just hold it from here and it’s job done. I get good exits out of 50p Turn and the final corner and the Aston can’t get close enough on the straights to have a go back until Lap 3, where I miss the apex slightly out of the chicane and have to momentarily slightly lift to stay off the grass, this gives the Newport Pagnell special enough momentum to draw alongside going into the hairpin, they keep it tidy and get by, and then immediately start to gap me. This battle brings the Jaguar behind us into play and their speciality is The Esses – they gain a huge chunk of time here on Lap 4, stay close behind through the rest of the lap and get by into T1 on lap 5. P6. Still good but not what I needed, frankly.

On Lap 6, though, everything changes. The Jag takes a bit too much of a liberty through The Esses, puts a wheel wide and spins. I manage to dart through the cloud of dust and Big Cats and retake P5, with a Supra now a second or so behind me. Then, coming out of the final corner I see a dark green object on the left hand side of the track heading towards Pit Lane. The Aston has gone in for a stop! That’s something about Slot 1 I forgot to mention earlier – people either haven’t read the rules or haven’t sorted a fuel/tyre strategy out so sometimes do things that aren’t the most competitive. With them taking themselves out of the equation I’m back in P4, I’m in the position I need to improve my score, just hold it from here etc etc. Good, eh?

Well it gets even better on Lap 8 when I round the hairpin to see a blue Supra going slowly and ghosted in front of me. It’s the Q2 car who had led until now – although I didn’t know it at the time they’d been pushed off at the tight turn and were recovering. I got past no problem before The Esses, initially I thought they might have temporary engine damage, more likely they were in auto-drive mode as they were busy messaging the chat to question P1 and P2’s driving standards. They’re a second or so behind me by the time they get going, and although I keep P3 for the next lap or so I can see that they’re certainly quicker in certain places and I should expect a move soon.

It comes on Lap 10, they are fast through T1 and draw alongside going into The Chicane. I let them have the 1st apex but am still alongside going into the second – they want that apex but I’m there so they have to go wide. Still side-by-side coming out of the chicane they make sure of the position and also ensure that I’m far enough behind them that I can’t challenge back at the hairpin. How do they do this? By running wide enough that I’m pushed completely on to the grass (or maybe not – see later). They weren’t carrying the speed to have to run that wide through momentum so I can only assume they did it as a way of ending the battle once and for all. I run across the grass and it feels like I’m going to spin as I get back on the kerbing – oh great, this was a good run, now I’m probably going to spin, crash, rejoin outside the top 10 and have to go again next slot.

Then something odd happens – the car not only straightens up but also seems to get a bit of a speed boost, meaning after all that I’m still only 0.9s behind the Supra that pushed me wide. I can only assume the car behind touched me and set me straight – sadly I didn’t record the replay so I can only guess. OK, back in P4, I’m in the position I need to improve my score, just hold it etc etc. This is still good - The former leader pulls away after that and I just manage the gap to the car behind, to finish P4 for 119 points – a good score considering this was my first competitive race on this circuit.

Despite being my first scoring run off the podium in this season, and the fact that I lost a place late on through – ahem – robust driving tactics, I decide not to go again. This was a good score, and an improvement – albeit by 1 point, but they all count, and I’ve lost local championships through countback scores in the past so I’ll take any improvement. I also thought this was a good a display as I was likely to be able to put on today – I really should have been 3 places further back in P7, if the car on lap 1 hadn’t gone off at the Esses, if the Jaguar hadn’t done likewise, if the Aston hadn’t pitted – It wouldn’t be difficult to see a mid-field finish and it could have been even worse if a train of cars had been able to follow the Aston through on Lap 1 T1. No, I’ll take the 119pts and declare a one-and-done in the first slot for today. When the post-race summary was revealed, I was astonished to find I had the CRB – despite contact on laps 1 and 10 and running off the track in the L10 incident – that’s why I think I must have just stayed within track limits. It also would help in the event of the blue Supra driver deciding to have a go at me in post-race chat, so I took a screen shot of the CRB award which I think is why I forgot to save a replay. In the end, nothing was said. I also got a nice boost to my DR as well, finishing 4th from Door #14 – that dark grey bit on the right of my bar is quite hard to see now (OK that might be more my TV😊).

So did I meet my objectives? Score improved (by 1pt), DR boosted, and fun had, so yes. I also won my local league after the other driver failed to improve on their previous best 2 scores, and finished 3rd for Nissans in the UK (and about 22nd overall in UK GT2).

Good season this – my favourite race is ironically the score I threw away, that 5-lapper at N24 was the best race I’ve ever been in, and the most intense too. Here’s to more longer races, just because we GT2 drivers are slower than our GT1 counterparts doesn’t mean we don’t like a bit more of an endurance feel to our races now and then. Watkins Glen was good too, there’s still a place for sprint racing and rounds 2 and 4 had good racing and a real sense of having to keep your lines tight and consistent to get a good result. Sadly I couldn’t do Bathurst so missed out there.

One advantage of being done with a GTWS round a few slots before you had planned is that, with these tightly-packed rounds you can have a go at preparing for the next one early. With Nations’ Rd1 only 3 days away I had a cup of tea and then loaded up Spa and the X-thing for a few laps. With 2 compounds of dry tyre required in a 12-lap run it seems unlikely that PD will put weather into play, and 12 laps in TT shows the sun to come out after a while, but nuts to the weather, I’ve got to get used to driving this insanely fast thing again first. I want my Group 4 back!

Regarding the points and DR discussion.

I think for the most part, it's well done. I'm not sure a perfect solution exists, but it's certainly at least not obvious. There won't be a way that makes everyone happy

That being said, I have some thoughts.

The pre-season trials is an interesting idea. Someone like me who doesn't participate in the Daily races might outperform their competitors in the lower classes. I know when I first participated in the GTWS, in GT3 I usually walked away with a podium pretty easily. Things have gotten closer in GT2, but I still feel pretty fast compared to others at my current mid range B level.

Perhaps another idea is to have a separate DR rating for GTWS championships. That rank is locked into the maximum allowed rank for your class when registering for the new season. For example, you register for the new season DR D and you're placed into GT3, you can only rank up to C while the season is going on. This would set a soft cap for points in a lobby based on how points are currently calculated.

Another thing I'd like to see is an adjustment to the reward scale at the end of the championship. GT2 and GT3 players should not be paid the same. A Gold final place should be about what Silver or Bronze is worth on the league above. I think this will encourage players to try to advance instead of sand bagging your DR before a season and may also reduce baby seal clubbing. Credits are a good motivator, as evidenced by how popular the Abarth was a couple months ago.

Another thing I'd like to see is an adjustment to the reward scale at the end of the championship. GT2 and GT3 players should not be paid the same. A Gold final place should be about what Silver or Bronze is worth on the league above. I think this will encourage players to try to advance instead of sand bagging your DR before a season and may also reduce baby seal clubbing. Credits are a good motivator, as evidenced by how popular the Abarth was a couple months ago.
big agree with this. i'm actually hoping to be in GT2 for season 3 (teetering after my two gardens attempts) and i don't REALLY need that much money (critical support to comrade abarth), but would be nice to feel rewarded for advancing

The blue colour?
I'm seriously missing something here...
Yea, goose egg just means zero.

Or, if you get hit in the head with something, like a baseball, causing one spot to swell a lot showing a big bump... that is also referred to as a goose egg. :lol:

So, my GT2 results for the Manufacturers Cup Exhibition Series Season 2 are in:

Local Ranking (Connecticut): 1st
Domestic Ranking (USA): 18th
Regional Ranking (North America): 534th

Sounds good to me. However, for the Nations Cup that's coming up, I'll only be about to do the second and fourth rounds, as I'll be out of town during the first and third rounds.

Last edited:
The DR thing is a major issue. I'm actually suspicious i'd be more competitive (in the race, not points) in bottom feeder GT2 lobbies than these top tier GT3 lobbies that are people that dropped to DR C, registered, then cranked up to B or even A. I've been seeing all the same names since ranking up to B. One of those names is an Argentinian "Mema Vargas" and it makes me laugh every time. I am too dumb to come up with even a bad solution.

I'm an actual borderline DR C/B driver and am only a hair into B and got there from my nurburgring race. Lost DR in both of my Dragon Trail Gardens races and both of my Watkins Glen races. Gained at Nurburgring. Think i broke even at Bathurst with one poor and one good race.

My results for this season:

View attachment 1318387

Labeling seems weird online, I think the 8th is USA + McLaren, and the 156th is actually North/Central/South America inclusive.
Can confirm that. Earlier this year I was in GT3 and there were several of the top 25 that were A level drivers that lowered themselves to C. (and there was also the winner that I do believe ended up there because of a reset and not to get easy wins)
In the last race I was in the same race as some of these and ended up a lonely 9th, did not stand a chance...
Some of them are still in GT3.

If you noticed in the recent race that the top of the GR4 practice leaderboard there were several so called (low) B drivers that were about 1.5 to 2 seconds faster then the 'real' B drivers and when you watched on their profile it showes something like 500+ races done with a 100+ wins and they are barely in B level. ( But on the other hand there was also a Japanese fellow top of the leaderboard with only 10 races done!)

It would help to seperate the DR between dailys and the series so that the dailys can not be abused to gain or lose DR/SR.

My last race in GT2 B/S I felt like I was with similar level drivers and even though I did not win it is so much satisfactory to race with ones own level, rather then just drive away at the start or even worse, watching others do that.

About my series: For myself I only did the 2 GR4 races, Had a workshift during the first round and no way I could learn to drive Bathurst in the few days available so focussed on the 2 GR4 races. Sort of expected to win at Watkins Glen as I am always doing well there. Dragon Trail was a track I think I never really raced on and was pleased to get a podium finish there. normally I try to do both Gr 3 and Gr4 but this series was just to short in both time and events)

For the coming series, whenever they might be, I am going to switch manufacturers, think it is time to do so. Considering McLaren or AMG, maybe someone else, but will have some fun in testing to make a decision.

1705007159630.png

Can confirm that. Earlier this year I was in GT3 and there were several of the top 25 that were A level drivers that lowered themselves to C. (and there was also the winner that I do believe ended up there because of a reset and not to get easy wins)
In the last race I was in the same race as some of these and ended up a lonely 9th, did not stand a chance...
Some of them are still in GT3.

If you noticed in the recent race that the top of the GR4 practice leaderboard there were several so called (low) B drivers that were about 1.5 to 2 seconds faster then the 'real' B drivers and when you watched on their profile it showes something like 500+ races done with a 100+ wins and they are barely in B level. ( But on the other hand there was also a Japanese fellow top of the leaderboard with only 10 races done!)
I definitely noticed this by doing a little investigation into the top profiles. LOT of very obvious smurf accounts with no daily marathon activity before season 1 started.

It was like a lobby quality light switch between my nurburgring race where I was door 1 and then the next three races where i'm in the top splits with all the same people and cannot keep up and am never above door 12 and can't qualify to save my life.

Back