Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
PMK
Never would've expected to see this term on GTP :lol:

So for GT1, rain in the last few laps in confirmed right? So it's either stop for new hards halfway or switch to inters in the last few laps?
From what I've seen, pit on lap 15 for IMs. Lap 16 is 95% dry but goes from dry to soaking wet within a few seconds right after the tight chicane.

From what I've seen, pit on lap 15 for IMs. Lap 16 is 95% dry but goes from dry to soaking wet within a few seconds right after the tight chicane.
It's gonna be a challenge to make those hards last untill lap 15 though. How do you guys get tyre wear during practice?

PMK
Never would've expected to see this term on GTP :lol:

So for GT1, rain in the last few laps in confirmed right? So it's either stop for new hards halfway or switch to inters in the last few laps?
Looking like those will be the main 2 strats yes. Both not feeling very enjoyable for me at least, it becomes quite a struggle on the hards after 10-11 laps so I'm unsure how I'll approach this one.

Looking like those will be the main 2 strats yes. Both not feeling very enjoyable for me at least, it becomes quite a struggle on the hards after 10-11 laps so I'm unsure how I'll approach this one.
Yeah, the car is already understeering like hell on fresh hards. Can't imagine how it is when they're gone.

Sorry PD but that was dull!

Normally a fan of these single fixed Gr4 races that PD do. I like the fact the car is picked for you, and not you have to run the meta. Plus the tracks in the past have worked well for these like BTCC/Touring car style races, but todays was dull.

Again on my second account today.
Lobby GT2 - Mid-high DR B. Was #2 and 90 points the target.

Quali - average really. 1.48.4 good for P6

Race - Standing start was a surprise! Get a good launch and thanks to the 787b inspired livery car, who wiped out the top 5, I go through into P1. In the final sector though this were its gets messy. Bumper cars! People using the push to pass, late on the brakes and just looked dirty at times. I bolt for pits and go for clean air. Race after the pits…boring. Clean air having to watch the delta to car behind, and then as the pit stops start its judging how far up the order you will be. End of lap 9 I’m 1 seconds behind P1. I think without the track cut penalty on lap 2, a win could have been there for me.

86 points. P2 in a race were I wasn’t sure how my pace would be. Happy with that.

Weather! Come on PD! You have to do better, especially with GT2 leagues. Why can GT1 league have rain and we don’t? I’ve got over the shorter race distance that really bugged me, but give all racers similar races, strategises and weather. The forced pit stop today was pointless, it does nothing to improve the racing really.

Live Stream

Sorry PD but that was dull!

Normally a fan of these single fixed Gr4 races that PD do. I like the fact the car is picked for you, and not you have to run the meta. Plus the tracks in the past have worked well for these like BTCC/Touring car style races, but todays was dull.

Again on my second account today.
Lobby GT2 - Mid-high DR B. Was #2 and 90 points the target.

Quali - average really. 1.48.4 good for P6

Race - Standing start was a surprise! Get a good launch and thanks to the 787b inspired livery car, who wiped out the top 5, I go through into P1. In the final sector though this were its gets messy. Bumper cars! People using the push to pass, late on the brakes and just looked dirty at times. I bolt for pits and go for clean air. Race after the pits…boring. Clean air having to watch the delta to car behind, and then as the pit stops start its judging how far up the order you will be. End of lap 9 I’m 1 seconds behind P1. I think without the track cut penalty on lap 2, a win could have been there for me.

86 points. P2 in a race were I wasn’t sure how my pace would be. Happy with that.

Weather! Come on PD! You have to do better, especially with GT2 leagues. Why can GT1 league have rain and we don’t? I’ve got over the shorter race distance that really bugged me, but give all racers similar races, strategises and weather. The forced pit stop today was pointless, it does nothing to improve the racing really.

Live Stream

Is it worth it in GT2 to take on tires during the stop? Since you pit on lap one, I'd wager you didn't take new tires. Just wondering how it played out for others... but it sounds like "no."

I've had a chance to do some practice for today's race and I think I've figured out a strategy. I'm going to join the first slot in my region and hope that racers ahead of me get 1-minute penalties for not making the mandatory pit.
Is it worth it in GT2 to take on tires during the stop? Since you pit on lap one, I'd wager you didn't take new tires. Just wondering how it played out for others... but it sounds like "no."
This is actually one of the things I did get to test in custom races. For me, it wasn't worth getting fresh tires. The originals don't degrade enough to make up for the loss of time changing tires. I saw about a 5-second difference in my overall race time between the two strategies. I'll be running the whole race on the original set.

It doesn’t take much to manage the tires for 10 laps vs 4 seconds for tires. I looked at the stop time for tires and no change.

Last edited:
This race feels like PD are trying to shoehorn a pseudo weather element into the race, with not much thought about an actual strategy. These races which prioritise tyre saving, feels very sus to me. So far, Watkims Glean (Manu round 3) Dragon Trail Gardens (Manu round 4) and Now this Nations race at Fuji, are all giving a huge advantage to Direct drive wheel users. The regs PD set negate or enhance the advantage a DD wheel user has over a pad player or other wheels, is it becoming pay to win? I hope not.

Last edited:
No I didn’t bother. My laps dropped off a little by lap 8. I wore my fronts to about 40-35% worn.

Also to add to this. I ran +3 BB. I’m normally run -3 BB in 99% of cars as I prefer that front end braking, but this car feels better and copes with the understeer better on + BB

Last edited:
Well, that was miserable. I qualified P6 but just had absolutely no pace with fuel in the car and fell all the way down to P14 by the end. I don't know why it was so different.

I just have to hope the mystery round is one that suits me, because the Super Formulas definitely don't.

It doesn’t take much to manage the tires for 10 laps vs 4 seconds for tires. I looked at the stop time for tires and no change.
In GT3 B lobbies taking tires after 5 laps seemed to be the best strategy. Personally I felt a severe drop-off after 7 laps which cost me way more than 4 seconds overall. In other races I observed at least two other drivers who struggled without tires and ultimately lost to me when I had new ones.

Skill issue of course.

I'm about to start my first race and while i just set a better lap than all of my practice laps, i still qualified 14th with a 1:47,9 (GT1 EU). WTF. Top 3 is setting 1:46's while the rest of the top 10 is doing low 1:47's... jesus...

Edit: doesn't matter anymore, got sent into oblivion at the first corner. Damage on all sides and dead last. F this lol.

Last edited:
Well, that went about how I expected. First GT2 slot in the Americas. Door #13. 136-point race.

Qualifying was uneventful. I managed a 1:48.7, which put me in Q11.

The race started with a mess and only got gradually worse as it went on. I got a good start off the line, which put me in the middle of the chaos of T1. I was managing to keep a bit of space ahead of me to avoid bumping into anybody, but it was all for naught. Somebody smashed me from behind into the car ahead and I came out of the corner with a 5-second penalty and damage, but in P8, which was the highest position I'd reach in the race.

Since my run down the straight was going to be ruined by the penalty anyways, I decided to pit at the end of L1. Two other cars did. I came out in between the two in P15.

Things were pretty uneventful for the next few laps. The gap ahead and behind expanded. Eventually another car came out of the pits behind me. This one had a better pace than me, but I managed to keep a gap, meanwhile another car came out of the pits behind. I was now in P13 and feeling like I would be satisfied if I could maintain it.

I couldn't. I had a few bad turns and before I knew it the car behind was on my bumper. I knew it was only a matter of time now until they got by. I didn't want to waste time battling, so I let him by. To my surprise the car behind -- coincidentally the one that rammed me in T1 -- was right behind and skirted past in the same move, leaving me at P15.

It wasn't long before a few more bad turns, and a brief off-track excursion, left dirt on my tires and car behind within striking distance. I didn't feel like I was in any position to defend, so I let them by, leaving me to finish in P16.

However... My strategy worked! Three drivers neglected to pit, resulting in 1-minute penalties for them, giving me a final position of P13.

That is one and done for me. Time to find out how much I suck at Interlagos with the SF cars. It can't possibly be any worse than this, can it? Can it?

Okay so GT1 is kinda crazy. As expected, rain on the 15/16th lap. In my lobby, half actually were aware of the rain and switched to inters on lap 15. But i did gain some positions as the other half were caught out.

Ran last for 15 laps due to the damage (should've just pitted but wanted to see how it would unfold when the rain would come) but managed to get to 11th because of the rain!

Shame that this lobby was extremely toxic though, someone ruined my race before i had even turned a corner. Probably would've finshed around 8th or 7th if that had not happened. Noone forgot to pit though, which is a shame.

Quick talking point: I geniunely think i've lost some of my racing skill. Might be due to a big competitive break i had during September/the festive season. This manu cup didn't go that well for me and even though i used to finish consistently in the top 6 at a higher DR level before, now i consistently finish outside of the top 8 with a lot of 13/12/11 finishes. This race i set a fantastic lap for my standards but still started 14th.
It's demotivating but atleast i'm still enjoying the game. However, if i don't start improving again or start running meta cars ( i usually use non meta cars in dailies and manu cups which is probably also a part of why i can't finish very high) i might just fall back into DRB again. If i start using cars like the Supra, GTR, M6 and Genesis i'll probably finish much higher in my races again but i just refuse to drive meta cars. But, like i said the races i do participate in are lots of fun! Well, except for todays race :D

Last edited:
First slot finished and I wish I hadn't done it. I was actually fairly prepared for this today considering it's a Wednesday round and it's still gone to hell. :irked:

I qualified P12 and my race was ruined immediately. A certain French driver who's rather infamous for bad driving on some GT YouTube channels was in my lobby and started P8. The lights go green, I release the handbrake and go. Suddenly there's an unghosting car and I've got damage everywhere. In the moment in VR view, I had absolutely no idea what just happened.

Upon watching the replay, said French driver lined up on the grid and was revving for the start in reverse gear. :mad: The Swede starting P10 was lucky enough to barely ghost through the reversing car, only for the French driver to then stick it in first and unghost right in my face. I slam to a stop and the car behind slams into me. What an absolute joke.

I then got rammed around on lap 1, fell right to the back and eventually went in to pit at the end of lap 2 for repairs. Unfortunately for me, I then completely killed the tyres pushing too hard across the race trying to mitigate the damage.

Things then got worse when a South African came out of the pits in front of me at the start of lap 13. From there, I assumed he had either changed Hards > Hards or not changed tyres at all, and with my near dead tyres I didn't want to fight, just keep pushing on. However, I ended up being forced into it. Upon watching the replay, I actually got screwed over by being in VR. I thought he had either swapped for new Hards or just driven through. It turns out he'd swapped to INTERS! Had I known that (like any non-VR view would afford) I would NOT have held back. :banghead:

I decided to play it safe for the rain and pit again for Inters after lap 15 since my front left was completely gone. It looks like most people in the lobby didn't, either not knowing it was coming or opting to risk it on the Hards. The Swede crossed the line first, but got slapped with a 1 minute penalty for not pitting. Between that, some other people pitting at the start of lap 17 and the reversing Frenchman aquaplaning to Narnia on lap 17, I somehow finished P11.

I think I'll leave it there, especially now that the burst of rain is common knowledge. My pace here is poor and I just can't keep the tyres alive very well.

Last edited:
More than half my grid did not pit so plenty of 1 min penalties applied
But we can only use hard tires or rain tires?

Edit.

Just checked GT7 page, so we need to change to hard again, 1 pit stop is mandatory.

Last edited:
Upon watching the replay, said French driver lined up on the grid and was revving for the start in reverse gear. :mad: The Swede starting P10 was lucky enough to barely ghost through the reversing car, only for the French driver to then stick it in first and unghost right in my face. I slam to a stop and the car behind slams into me. What an absolute joke.
That sucks. Why would he touch the gears on the grid anyway? Was he trying to save fuel in neutral and got it wrong? Seems a rather strange thing to happen.

Hastily buying the car, feeding the cat and putting my livery on meant I only had 1 laps worth of practice for the 6pm slot and working out how it drives. (Poorly)

A dismal first qualy lap gives me P15 on the grid, but a much better sector 3 on my second lap including the only time I'd get Panasonic perfect (in my life) strips a whole second of my best but only good enough for 13th on the grid.
I get a good start unlike the driver ahead and I gain a place of the grid.
8ee3fb4d6eddf6a558524c499ce38160_photo.webp

However the Hungarian in the white car at the back misses their braking point. They do hook it right but the grass sends them back onto the track and causes a mess. I loose my gained place and a further one to boot. The rest of the lap is like this. Scratch that, the rest of the race is like this. Everyone is close but they decide that any corner is ripe for overtaking and I need a shower now it was so dirty.
I pit lap 3 to try and get clear air and even jump someone in the pits as they change tyres I guess. However as others had pit previously I was still in traffic. sigh
The only other low light was this moment. I was challenging this Belgian. I wasn't likely to get them into Dunlop unless they made a mistake but we picked our respective sides. Well they did until the braking zone where they slammed back across and the slight shove wide had predictable results.

Miraculously for the first time a spin set me up for the corner but I still lost a place. I'm not sure if the Italian behind didn't like what happened or had beef from previous in the race but they shoved the Belgian off in the next corner and at Panasonic and I got past.
When the pit stops shook out I was P6 but the usual fighting caused me to be shuffled back to P10. I got P9 at the end of the race thanks to a corner cut penalty ahead.
Any result would have seen me gain points today but I got a 200 point DR boost too. Brucey Bonus!

Seems like I might be in a minority of people here that had a good result.

If I'm being honest, I wasn't really prepared going into the race. But I know the track well enough and the car isn't a handful, so I didn't think it would benefit me greatly to practice hard.

That being said, onto the event!

GT2 - AB/S Lobby Door #15

Very high points on the table and this is the first time in a while I've raced against A drivers in GT2.

Qualifying went surprisingly well. Exit 20 seconds in and take the out lap nice and easy. First flying lap, Q4. That's ok, but I had time for one more lap and I just about nailed it. While I did have a faster FP lap, my 1:47.032 was good for Q2. Only 5 hundreds off pole.

I wasn't sure about the grid start. I practiced a few standing starts and decided I'd launch in 2nd. It was ok. I think I pulled away from everyone behind, but it wasn't enough to gain on P1.

18d19110ceb42-screenshotUrl.jpg

T1 I got nudged a bit, but wasn't bad. I'd soldier on but my pace felt very slow. The first 3 laps P3 was all over me but couldn't get an overtake in. I decided then to do my required pit stop then to hopefully come out in clean air so I could focus on my race and not defend constantly.

The plan worked. I'd do a stop-and-go, not taking tires or fuel. Come out at the back but had a great gap ahead and behind to comfortably work. At the end of Lap 5, the leader would pit and they'd exit just behind me.

18d191132852-screenshotUrl.jpg

They were much faster than me in race pace and I didn't try to defend too hard, but it would take them nearly that entire lap to pass me.

18d19114d0370-screenshotUrl.jpg

From here I just kept it nice and clean to cross the finish P3. But P1 didn't pit and I was promoted to P2.

18d1910bfac61-screenshotUrl.jpg

The podium would earn me 136 points. Which will be a huge help in the standings this season.

Last edited:
Seems like I might be in a minority of people here that had a good result.

If I'm being honest, I wasn't really prepared going into the race. But I know the track well enough and the car isn't a handful, so I didn't think it would benefit me greatly to practice hard.

That being said, onto the event!

GT2 - AB/S Lobby Door #15

Very high points on the table and this is the first time in a while I've raced against A drivers in GT2.

Qualifying went surprisingly well. Exit 20 seconds in and take the out lap nice and easy. First flying lap, Q4. That's ok, but I had time for one more lap and I just about nailed it. While I did have a faster FP lap, my 1:47.032 was good for Q2. Only 5 hundreds off pole.

I wasn't sure about the grid start. I practiced a few standing starts and decided I'd launch in 2nd. It was ok. I think I pulled away from everyone behind, but it wasn't enough to gain on P1.

View attachment 1320151

T1 I got nudged a bit, but wasn't bad. I'd soldier on but my pace felt very slow. The first 3 laps P3 was all over me but couldn't get an overtake in. I decided then to do my required pit stop then to hopefully come out in clean air so I could focus on my race and not defend constantly.

The plan worked. I'd do a stop-and-go, not taking tires or fuel. Come out at the back but had a great gap ahead and behind to comfortably work. At the end of Lap 5, the leader would pit and they'd exit just behind me.

View attachment 1320152

They were much faster than me in race pace and I didn't try to defend too hard, but it would take them nearly that entire lap to pass me.

View attachment 1320153

From here I just kept it nice and clean to cross the finish P3. But P1 didn't pit and I was promoted to P2.

View attachment 1320154

The podium would earn me 136 points. Which will be a huge help in the standings this season.
Congratulations, well done. I was in that race I think but didn't have the qualifying pace nor did I read the instructions carefully enough. I looked at mandatory tires and missed the 1 mandatory pit stop.... Oh well.

My second race was a lot better than the first failed try. I qualified in 6th place, had decent race pace and found myself in 1st place after stopping early and the leaders took their pitstop for the last lap. What happened next you can see on the video, I leave it up to you to judge... Either way I am still happy with 3rd and decent points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, well done. I was in that race I think but didn't have the qualifying pace nor did I read the instructions carefully enough. I looked at mandatory tires and missed the 1 mandatory pit stop.... Oh well.
Ah, when I saw shaggy ahead and I was in P3 I knew what had happened. Glad to see you were able to get a good result afterwards.

That guy is very quick. I've raced him a lot in the Nation's Cups.

Last edited by a moderator:
North America GT2 slot 6 - all B/S with 96(!) points on offer

My GTWS races have typically been around 140 to 150 point lobbies, but my very slight SR hit in the last round must have dropped me down a split or two.

It was a pretty bargy affair that saw me go from Q6 to P3 for 88 points and maybe a do-over later.

T1 was the usual mayhem, but 3 of us emerged unscathed and pulled a gap. I pit on lap 5 and I did put on tires, and emerged in 9th. Made it up to 7th by lap 8 and had a decent enough battle with 6th who hadn't changed tires on his stop. While he seemed to have problems running in a straight line down the straightaway, I did pass him on lap 10 in T1 and crossed the line in 6th.

I figured there would be some ahead who hadn't stopped, and sure enough there were 3 of them, promoting me to the podium.

Happy with the result, not so happy with the points haul.

But back to full SR-S, and a mere pixel away from DR-A.

Back