Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
I find it curious that they buffed some of the "secondary" cars (Atenza, F1, WRX). I thought their policy was to keep those intentionally bad, to avoid giving an advantage to the manufacturers with multiple cars.
Most curious was Subaru's primary car (BRZ GT300) got nerfed - an already low-power (and thus slow on straights) car.

Last round is in the Jimny at Lake Louise short
I have to say, out of all the possibilities that I had been dreading, this one is better than I expected. Much better than the long course at Lake Louise, at any rate. I struggled so much with that Circuit Experience.
Beware the potential of a BoP update tomorrow, hopefully the data you have already won't be compromised! :scared:
Seems I dodged a bullet there. No changes to Gr.4 BoP. Whatever other problems there are with balance in that category -- and I agree the Mazda3 is at the top of the list -- at least I won't have to rerun any of my tire wear tests. :D

Most curious was Subaru's primary car (BRZ GT300) got nerfed - an already low-power (and thus slow on straights) car.
It really wasn't though. Everyone seems to think that. Even though the BRZ did lack in acceleration (probably because of the 25lbs of boost it needs to build), it wasn't slow in the straights. During the Nord Manu race it was faster, top end wise, than the 20 AMG and Lambo. I saw it in replays; there are probably more examples (Audi, Ferrari, Aston, etc.) but those are the two I saw personally. Going down Dottenger, the AMG was in the BRZ's slip, pulled out to pass, and it couldn't. BRZ started walking away again. Similar with the Lambo but they were side-by-side and the BRZ was faster.

I am more curious as to why they Nerfed the RCZ. They didn't bother to touch the Mazda3 but thank the dietey they added some weight to that ridiculous Gr3 RCZ. :odd:

TBF we were all expecting Jimny at LL.
I, for one, thought the Bulgari car was still a possibility. And if it was only going to be available as a garage car to those who had purchased the watch, it would mean the only way to practice for anybody else would be in the Free Practice mode. I'm glad that won't be an issue.

So the last Nations is the Jimney around LL Short? Hmmm.... hey PD.....

giphy.gif

I, for one, thought the Bulgari car was still a possibility. And if it was only going to be available as a garage car to those who had purchased the watch, it would mean the only way to practice for anybody else would be in the Free Practice mode. I'm glad that won't be an issue.
So no watch purchase = no car? I thought it was tied to watching the races?

So no watch purchase = no car? I thought it was tied to watching the races?
You get the Genesis for free for watching. You get the Bvbbvvuvllvvvagari for "free" this month for a mere $5,000 worth of a real life watch. Which, ironically is less than it'd cost in MTX to get the McLaren. So it checks out. Stop being weird people...

:odd:

Last edited:
You get the Genesis for free for watching. You get the Bvbbvvuvllvvvagari for "free" this month for a mere $5,000 worth of a real life watch. Which, ironically is less than it'd cost in MTX to get the McLaren. So it checks out. Stop being weird people...

:odd:
Right so I watched the races, paid $1M for a car I should have gotten for free, AND only have to buy a very expensive watch (that does less than my Fitbit watch) to get a car I won't drive anyways . . . I understand now. Makes perfect sense to me now - thank you for the clarification.

This last race of the Nations has a slipstream strength of 'custom'. Any guesses what this might mean?

Given the low speeds of these cars, I would think under 'real' strength, there wouldn't be much of an effect. So should we expect the slipstream strength will be dialed up to give drivers at the back of the field a chance to catch up? Otherwise, what other reason might they use a 'custom' strength?

This last race of the Nations has a slipstream strength of 'custom'. Any guesses what this might mean?

Given the low speeds of these cars, I would think under 'real' strength, there wouldn't be much of an effect. So should we expect the slipstream strength will be dialed up to give drivers at the back of the field a chance to catch up? Otherwise, what other reason might they use a 'custom' strength?
I think you're right. 10 laps is all of 12-13 minutes looking at lap times on the leaderboard. A race that short in low powered cars with no fuel or tyres due to being on a rally stage, but has custom slipstream strength? I smell a "survive the slipstream fuelled deathball" round...

Puppy Attack GIF

it will be very very funny to me if i knock out my interlagos p3 finish with this race. embrace chaos, return to monke SR F.

e: I made a "Hockey Canada" livery for the lake louise race. if you're wondering if it is what you think it is, it is. it's also shared on GT7 showcase.

Last edited:
First laps around LL...

Geez... 19.5 (18.9 optimal), not to be matched at qualis ofcourse.

This is going to be a slaughter for AT users, that much is certain.
If you see someone slowing down in the uphill section, be kind and pass cleanly...

This is going to be a slaughter for AT users, that much is certain.
If you see someone slowing down in the uphill section, be kind and pass cleanly...
In that case, I'd point out to AT users this track only needs two gear changes per lap. Up from 4th to 5th half way down the main straight, and back down to 4th in turn 1. Other than that it's 4th gear all the way, well maybe 3rd if you don't do a good job of maintaining momentum through the final turn.

So it may well be worth your while configuring manual shifting just for this one race. As a former AT controller user, I never even tried manual shifting on the controller as it would have been way too much for my fingers to juggle. But just for this one race as there's so little shifting I'd suggest giving it a go.

Last edited:
i was able to get mid/high 1:19s with AT and mid 1:18s with MT, race will be entirely about preservation of momentum from T1/T-Last and carrying it all the way uphill, and not dying

i'm still not seeing those extra 2 seconds trying to do what the leaders are doing in their replays but i havent done it in VR against a top ghost yet (only done couch/controller testing) so we'll see

Last edited:
i was able to get mid/high 1:19s with AT and mid 1:18s with MT, race will be entirely about preservation of momentum from T1/T-Last and carrying it all the way uphill, and not dying

i'm still not seeing those extra 2 seconds trying to do what the leaders are doing in their replays but i havent done it in VR against a top ghost yet (only done couch/controller testing) so we'll see
The trick to this course is that the racing line is high up on T1. Last turn enter as far left as possible and angle toward the apex with throttle lift and don't have the wall as your clipping point.

Also, no brakes.

Last edited:
The trick to this course is that the racing line is high up on T1. Last turn enter as far left as possible and angle toward the apex with throttle lift and don't have the wall as your clipping point.

Also, no brakes.
yep, trying all that, just can't get the angles right and hoping VR/wheel will help but not going to get to try that until later. not that any of this aside from a basic understanding of what the line should be will help once the chaos of other cars and the T1 gods come into play tomorrow

Last edited:
For my part, I've gotten my best free practice lap down to 1:17.3. Most of my laps end up in the low 1:18s, though, as I'll often flub T1 or T-last somehow.

I like to practice for these events by doing some full-length custom races with a full field of AI cars so I can get some experience taking alternate lines through the corners. That is proving not very helpful for this race. Even starting from P16, I easily pass the entire field in T1 as the AI cars take the slower inside line, leaving me the rest of race to run laps. Not a bad way to grind for credits, I guess, at ~100,000 per race, but not so helpful for learning the track better.

Edit: The races are nearly here. Good luck, everyone! May you carry the momentum of your Jimny through every corner.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's not for me.

EMEA, GT3, low B/S

Race 1
Decided to stick with AT. Chaotic qualifying, lots of pushing, punting etc. Laptime to forget. P13
Thanks to my good line in the first corner I managed to exit around 7th, but that was it, most drivers passed me on the way to last corner. P13 again. Fought a little with some backmarkers (mostly due to their penalties). In the end managed to claw back to 10th doing a block pass in the last corner of last lap. Not my proudest moment.

Race 2
Decided to do that only to see how would I fare with MT, hoping my brain would not blow up in the process. Well, there is advantage in MT for sure. In free practice laps I managed to do 18.8 (as opposed to 19.3 with AT). Qualifying was ok, I did 18.7 with an error of downshifting to 3rd in the last corner (which killed my speed) and hitting limiter twice on the exit. :crazy:
Qualified 7th - really nice. Start was ok but in the first corner I found myself close to the wall gathering speed, but series of drivers diving inside used me as a bumper off the wall, so I lost all speed and found myself 13th far in the back. Tried to give chase, gained some places, but ofcourse I made all the novice mistakes of MT user like downshifting too low on the entry and upshifting too high on the exit plus hitting limiter several times on the main straight forgetting to upshift at the right time.
Got some wall hitting penalties as well. Finished lonely 13th.
In free practice or qualifying when I can concentrate on driving (and the car is slow enough to plan my movements) MT is very promising with this combo, but in the heat of the battle I get lost with all the shifting too easily, so no chance of improvement.

Hitting the T1 wall seems to dish out random penalties, but if someone bounces off of you to get a good T1 exit they get nothing, haven't figured it out

Did two races in GT3, mid-B lobbies with a few A rated drivers mixed in the 2nd round

Back