Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,940 comments
18e162730b956-screenshotUrl (1).png
18e1638fded35-screenshotUrl~2.png
18e1638fded9-screenshotUrl~2.png

Victory!! 😄 Sardegna A, Gr2. One of my favorite combos in Nations. I raced in the Punk canadian account and finally got to see @GTWolverine this season.
I had a great qualifying (Q2) and went for a totally different strategy: I started on medium and pitted on the FIRST lap. When all other stops were completed, I was leading the race and stayed there for about 12 laps until the checkered flag. Very pleased with this result!! Tense race, lots of pressure but extremely satisfying. Woohooo!!!

I hit the 5 pm CST GT3 slot in a 15-car all-D/S room with just about every Gr.2 car except the BMW/McLaren represented. I wore door #3 on my Audi, with 16 points for the win and 10th needed to jettison my round 1/9 point result. The dropouts came early, as my non-qualifying time sent me off 14th. The pole time was 1:34.9, a bit slower than my best practice laps.

I did have a good if slow race, getting up to 4th after most of the pit stops cycled (mine taken at lap 5 for soft tires)...until I spun in turn 9 trying to take 3rd and couldn't get going again, dropping to 10th. I ended up at the tail end of a whale of a 3-wide finish for 6th-through-8th (losing 7th in the process), 2nd-best of the non-AMG contingent. Even had I not spun, I had nothing for the winner because I was stuck in traffic at the start.

Even though I did get 11 points, I was unsatisfied with the result, so I repeated the exercise at 6 pm. Despite me losing a bit of DR in the first race and thus wearing door #7 this time, there were more points (18 for the win, needing 10th to equal my 5 pm points). Again there were a mix of cars in the full room with the entire 2016 GT500/2019 DTM field and a 2008 Lexus joining the meta AMGs. I was the only one not to take a time (as is my practice), with the pole-sitter setting a 1:34.9.

I couldn't crack the 1:35.2 barrier in the race, but it was far cleaner, as I finished 5th, 20.7 seconds behind the winner (who finished in 22:44). I had nothing for the leader as he was turning laps on mediums as fast or faster than I was on softs. I was, however, starting to reel in the top Audi/non-AMG for 4th, but I didn't have nearly enough time. I'll take the 15 points and the almost-full D DR bar.

Last edited:
3 races, (2 NA, 1 EMEA) and have nothing pleasant to say. Enjoyed my driving but was not fond of the racing at all. I was the lucky victim of 3 separate pit maneuvers knocking me down to DFL (1 per race). Thanks to poor driving on some (many seem to like the sandboxes) I ended with 2 P8s and a P12.

Turd of a race. Thanks, Obama.
3 turds to be specific.

I was going to write a complete write up for each race even after cooling down for a few hours I still cannot bring myself to write something "nice". Today's rant has be expressed in earlier posts but I feel it needs to be said again. A trailing car when over passing is responsible to complete the move WITHOUT pushing, ramming, and\or pitting the car in front. Not only are these traits bad but show poor sportsmanship. So I guess I need to find me someone who can teach me the proper way to be a nasty racer - anyone here qualify? If I cannot beat them with speed I may as well beat them being nasty.

Enjoy your racing.

Edit: Write up nearly complete, will post on Thursday.

Last edited:
First 2 rounds were nothing to bother writing about...my best result across 5 attempts combined from Rounds 1 and 2 was an 8th place at Road Atlanta for 218 points. Suzuka was especially disappointing because it's normally guaranteed to be one of my best results in a given season. Anyway, on to Round 3.

Slot 1: Finally got to be in the same room as @Spider-Racer during a Nation's race, and while he was outside pole, I was a bit further back in 5th. I very nearly died twice at the end of the opening lap, but in spite of Sardegna A being a track I'm not particularly fast at, and having done no race runs before the actual race, I brought it home in 4th place, 9s behind @Spider-Racer out front, for 273 points.

Video of my 2 brown-pants moments on Lap 1 (which only cost me 1 position because I stood my ground despite being in the middle of a 3-wide situation heading into T1):

Much better second race. Same point spread.

GT2 B/S, Door 5, Q6 after some guy raced me to the last corner on the out lap for no reason instead of just making space behind me since he would have been last across the line. Instead we get jammed together and go slower.

Started on RMs, planning on a 2RM/12RS. Guy who started behind me wrecked a few people in quali who yelled at him in chat so that was a stressful second start after a disaster first race.

Sardegna - Road Track - A_.jpeg

For some reason 3 different people lost it on the second to last corner on lap 2 (probably just bumper watching) and put me in P2 with clean air with space behind so I stayed out. P1 had a pretty sizable lead.

View behind at the end of lap 2 on RMs:
Sardegna - Road Track - A__1.jpeg

I pit after lap 3 for RS and came out in 15th. I’m in VR so I have no idea what’s going on pace-wise so I just blindly drive my way to P1, passing most while they pit. End up winning by over 7 seconds with clean race bonus.

Gran Turismo® 7_20240306193656.jpg

Full VR Replay:

Well, that was a complete throw in the trash waste of 3 races.

Each slot turned into a demolition derby in the first couple of corners. My car ended up getting damaged multiple times in each race.

Oh well, won't be racing the last round @ Interlagos, so my first 2 race results will have to be it for me in this series.

Last edited:
just finished the last slot, number 9 door. I'm starting to be the low man in the dr ranking in these lobbies. Qualy was below my average practice lap, Q13. CLK one-make (13 rentals!)

Race started fine, good in fact, I was up to P7 by the time pits started happening. I go in at end of 6 for softs. On lap 8, I get divebombed on a corner, I set up for a switch back but my vision is blocked and I turn a bit too early and hit the wall, taking damage, losing about three positions. I dunno, this is lap8 and I know I'm going to lose at least a second per lap so I decide to pit for repairs, nothing really to lose. Run around and finish P13 where I started (and somehow got the CRB too! Can't explain that) Maybe I salvage P11 or 12 if I don't pit, but prior to the damage I was pacing two cars who finished 5 and 6, so this one got away from me.

Well,that was interesting....was doing the 2nd last slot race(GR2),had just moved into 2nd about half way thru and poof,session ended....grrrr....got in the last race,managed to Qual 1st,led first two laps on Mediums,pitted for the softs and got the lead back at the start of the last lap,held off a hard charger and scored the win! Fun and clean!:cheers:

Only had one chance for the 10pm EST time slot today. I made a silly mistake of qualifying on mediums which put me 12th to start. By lap 3 I was running in sixth only to get over zealous and crash to take damage. I started on Softs so I decided to run another 4 laps with damage to get something out of the faster tyre. I was kicking myself hard for messing this race up. I switch to mediums and get repaired and then got stuck in. I drove more conservatively and others dropped back through their own mistakes. Ended up working my way up to 7th and salvaging my DR if anything. That overtake for 7th on the second last lap felt like taking the lead. It was fun to be that immersed in these events again. But man, I let this one get away.. Rookie mistakes.

Last edited:
Here's a question for everyone - I took suspension and aero damage when I hit the wall. The aero only required 1sec to repair, so maybe it wasn't that bad. Suspension took 3secs. I was already at my comfort level with 12 laps on softs.

Would the suspension damage affect tire wear? Seems like it might. Anyone have theory and/or experience with this?

I don't really love this track but after some practice seemed to get it down pretty well. NA, A/S, as usual...

Slot 1: Kept tripping over people in qualifying, ended up in 8th. Started on the mediums, even though I didn't have the car and wasn't able to really figure out how long the softs would last. The start was... A total disaster, someone went off at the exit of T1 and stacked up the whole field, which stayed stacked up for most of the lap, creating lots of punts. Somehow I got through unscathed, no damage no penalties, and in 4th. I pitted at the end of lap 6 because 12 laps seemed to be the magic number for a lot of people, and I wasn't really comfortable on the medium tires. I had a great race with Minikkonen but in the end his pace was too much, however, I managed to pass a few of the drivers that went S>M and just about keep my tires under me for a fine 3rd. This was a bunch of points for me, in a mostly A+ lobby, but my bar was so close to A+ that I wanted to go again...

Slot 2: I missed out on pole by .001 of a second! Started on softs. 2nd was still good enough to dodge the T1 carnage where some people completely missed their braking points (@SPL170db wasn't one of them but he still ended up with the penalty...) The polesitter NeverTheSameCar made a small mistake at the fast left and I got by, then proceeded to dice with him for a bit, eventually getting by again on the outside of the church corner. Me, him, and F.Goulet were close for the rest of the race, but despite great pace they couldn't get past and stay there. Notably, one driver seemed to be slowing down to try to get revenge, forgetting that lapped cars are ghosted... When I drove through him he just quit, lol. A win and similar points, but my DR bar was full... On a hot streak, might as well go for it?

Slot 3: This time I did get pole, and again dodged the carnage. I tried to make the softs last 12 laps which was probably 1 too long given my pace and, err, lack of tire saving. I came out of the pits still in the lead but 2nd was faster on the mediums and this time I made the mistake and he got by. He made a small mistake at the last corner and I got alongside and was slightly ahead going into T1, only for him to inexplicably drive into me, spin out, and end up in the gravel. From there on it was an easy victory, and...

1709784998403.png

Finally there! Next step, S???

Last edited:
I don't really love this track but after some practice seemed to get it down pretty well. NA, A/S, as usual...

Slot 1: Kept tripping over people in qualifying, ended up in 8th. Started on the mediums, even though I didn't have the car and wasn't able to really figure out how long the softs would last. The start was... A total disaster, someone went off at the exit of T1 and stacked up the whole field, which stayed stacked up for most of the lap, creating lots of punts. Somehow I got through unscathed, no damage no penalties, and in 4th. I pitted at the end of lap 6 because 12 laps seemed to be the magic number for a lot of people, and I wasn't really comfortable on the medium tires. I had a great race with Minikkonen but in the end his pace was too much, however, I managed to pass a few of the drivers that went S>M and just about keep my tires under me for a fine 3rd. This was a bunch of points for me, in a mostly A+ lobby, but my bar was so close to A+ that I wanted to go again...

Slot 2: I missed out on pole by .001 of a second! Started on softs. 2nd was still good enough to dodge the T1 carnage where some people completely missed their braking points (@SPL170db wasn't one of them but he still ended up with the penalty...) The polesitter NeverTheSameCar made a small mistake at the fast left and I got by, then proceeded to dice with him for a bit, eventually getting by again on the outside of the church corner. Me, him, and F.Goulet were close for the rest of the race, but despite great pace they couldn't get past and stay there. Notably, one driver seemed to be slowing down to try to get revenge, forgetting that lapped cars are ghosted... When I drove through him he just quit, lol. A win and similar points, but my DR bar was full... On a hot streak, might as well go for it?

Slot 3: This time I did get pole, and again dodged the carnage. I tried to make the softs last 12 laps which was probably 1 too long given my pace and, err, lack of tire saving. I came out of the pits still in the lead but 2nd was faster on the mediums and this time I made the mistake and he got by. He made a small mistake at the last corner and I got alongside and was slightly ahead going into T1, only for him to inexplicably drive into me, spin out, and end up in the gravel. From there on it was an easy victory, and...

View attachment 1334747

Well done pushing through into A+.

I was surprised you came back for the 3rd slot after winning the 2nd, but now I see why and glad you got yourself another 1st.

@bduddy Congrats on the A+ and the win!
I was in that last race with you and @SPL170db and the only one I could make by the time I got home from work.

I qualified 9th with a weak lap but was starting on rm so I was fine with that.
Lap 1 had quite a bit of action just in front of me but I stayed out of trouble and did my 4 laps on on RM then pitted.

Came out of the pits in p12 and worked up to p7 in short order. Around lap 14 a couple cars came out of the pits right as I passed and I got chased down by lap 16.

On the last lap I had closed the gap in front of me enough that as we approached the final 90 degree turn p6 hit p5 and got a 3 second penalty.
I stayed on them coming around the finish turn as p6 went wide then skidded back into the track so I made the pass to p6 and was gifted p5 by the car with the penalty.

Overall a fun race and held it together for zero penalties and the CRB. 😁

IMG_6668.jpeg
IMG_6666.jpeg
IMG_6667.jpeg

View attachment 1334747

Congrats on getting to A+ from a fellow A+ freshman :) and well done on those 2 wins!

What a horrible round!

First, the stubborn me, wanted a nice result in the underpowered NSX, so I burned three GT2 slots on that, qualified from 4th to 9th on them only to fall victim to first laps carnage or cause one (shocked how early some people break in those CLKs - I braked 30 meters early for T1 just to be safe and still rammed the guy in front - a flock of Mercs passed me on the straight). So I just let everyone pass and raced from the back which resulted in far away places, 10th being the best.

Those were nice 70-80 points lobbies (the highest I've been in), so no wonder my DR got a serious hit after this.

For the early evening slot I decided to go with the Audi which was the most consistent car for me in FP. Doing some FP laps I even improved my PB to 32s, so the feeling was ok.
The lobby was a 64 points one. During qualis I waited for everyone to start to get myself a free air to run and did the best quali lap of all races with 33.6 which was surprisingly good enough for pole.
After all the bad experiences I was quite nervous at the start. Understandably the CLK in 2nd passed me briefly on the way to T1, but my braking point allowed me to pass that corner in 1st. I kept a slim margin over the CLK armada and even started to make some small gains (1.5 secs), but slightly missed braking point made me visit the grass briefly which allowed two Mercs to overtake me. The second one had a 0.5 sec penalty to serve so it didn't escape me like the first.
We fought for this second place for half a race, I got ahead at one point and on lap 9 in this fast section of corners after the back straight he lunged inside me when I already started my turn for the apex. His nose was around my rear wheels and I hit him, he bounced off the wall and hit me again. I managed to keep it straight, he also did but lost around 2 seconds there. We pitted on this lap, I exited earlier and that was basically it, he tried to catch but never got closer than 1.5 secs.
He was fuming after the race, I felt not quite ok with this, but refused to take the blame, cause as @Timm Sheehan wrote it was his responsibility to complete the pass without squeezing between me and the wall that was coming which would never succeed.

So finished 2nd for 61 points, that was my first competitive race at this track (not counting the grind) and unless you're in front of everybody it's very hard to keep it clean.
Nations3-podium.jpg

Last time at Interlagos was fun, so I hope it'll be again.

Last edited:
Only had one chance for the 10pm EST time slot today. I made a silly mistake of qualifying on mediums which put me 12th to start. By lap 3 I was running in sixth only to get over zealous and crash to take damage. I started on Softs so I decided to run another 4 laps with damage to get something out of the faster tyre. I was kicking myself hard for messing this race up. I switch to mediums and get repaired and then got stuck in. I drove more conservatively and others dropped back through their own mistakes. Ended up working my way up to 7th and salvaging my DR if anything. That overtake for 7th on the second last lap felt like taking the lead. It was fun to be that immersed in these events again. But man, I let this one get away.. Rookie mistakes.
At least Qualifiying 12 was prob. better for you then mid pack. I flirted with the idea of qualifying with the medium since I had planned to start the race on medium.

I did Q8 on soft, starting the race midpack on medium was asking for trouble, my race was spoiled on the first lap with a collision.

Did 7 laps with damage as well, I was wondering if it was worth stopping for repair... There is no way in gt7 to practice with damage on the car other then experiencing in a race like that. I will check my replay to figure how my pace was affected...

What car are you guys using at Interlagos? I'll probably go with the McLaren. Maybe it can run the whole race on the same tyres but since it has a mandatory pit stop it is probably better to change, no?

What car are you guys using at Interlagos? I'll probably go with the McLaren. Maybe it can run the whole race on the same tyres but since it has a mandatory pit stop it is probably better to change, no?
It tried out a bunch of cars, mostly MR ones and a couple FRs, last night and this morning. I just ran the cars for 5 laps under the race tire wear and fuel multipliers.

ModelOpt time
Genesis X GR31:33.433
R8 LMS Evo '191:33.510
Mercedes-AMG GT3 '201:33.516
911 RSR (991) '171:33.529
458 Italia GT3 '131:33.852
Huracan GT3 '151:34.190
RCZ Gr.31:34.250
R.S.01 GT3 '161:34.409
NSX Gr.31:34.527
650S Gr.31:34.946
4c Gr.31:35.077

My best opt time -- such as it is, I'm not fast on this track -- was with the Genesis, but I couldn't drive it consistently at all. I'm putting the R8, AMG, and Porsche on my short list for trying in full-length custom races to see how they do over the course of a full race.

Just had time to slip in one go in the GT1 5pm time slot between an early work finish and a night of Black Metal. It was a mare of race, despite completing the outlap in time for 3 runs none of them were clean, so started 12th.

Had time between qualifying and race to take off the VR headset, have a quick drink and check no one from work was trying to get in touch. Then remembered I was supposed to be switching to Mediums at this point, headset back on just too late to make the switch.

Turn 1 P14 comes in too hot, punts P13 in to me. In total 4 of us now carrying damage in a heavy damage race. Wasn't sure how much time the damage was going to cost, I could either carry on with damage and soft tyres, or pit and run on Mediums the rest of the way. As I also had likely damaged traffic in front I went for the Lap 1 pitstop.

Drove a scrappy race from there, ended up P13, I think P11 could have still been possible if I could have put together more consistent laps. Roll on Interlagos, with one round alread missed I'm going to need to make this one count. Hopefully done in one, otherwise it'll overlap with Martins grid walk, if I need a 3rd attempt then I'll have to put the F1 on pause mid race.

It tried out a bunch of cars, mostly MR ones and a couple FRs, last night and this morning. I just ran the cars for 5 laps under the race tire wear and fuel multipliers.

ModelOpt time
Genesis X GR31:33.433
R8 LMS Evo '191:33.510
Mercedes-AMG GT3 '201:33.516
911 RSR (991) '171:33.529
458 Italia GT3 '131:33.852
Huracan GT3 '151:34.190
RCZ Gr.31:34.250
R.S.01 GT3 '161:34.409
NSX Gr.31:34.527
650S Gr.31:34.946
4c Gr.31:35.077

My best opt time -- such as it is, I'm not fast on this track -- was with the Genesis, but I couldn't drive it consistently at all. I'm putting the R8, AMG, and Porsche on my short list for trying in full-length custom races to see how they do over the course of a full race.
Was the R8 too sketchy? I drove it a few weeks ago at suzuka in the daily endurance race and the tyres were an issue. The rear wanting to step out on t1 was also an issue. Haven't tried it after the update though.

I don't think I'll have time to practice before Saturday so I may have to go with a safe bet.

How was the tire wear on the twitchy MR cars, like the Audi, Ferrari, and Lambo? As of last night I was seeing a lot of these types of cars atop the leader boards (with a Ferrari being P1) but I'd be concerned as they eat the rears like crazy. I think these cars are a great choice so long as tire wear is not much a thing, but I've not tested them here long term (and likely won't be able to).

I was almost thinking the McLaren, Porsche, or even RCZ would be good except they may get eaten on the straights. However, some of the better FR cars like the AMG or Lexus will struggle on the infield. It should make for an interesting mix.

Last edited:
Just seen it's a grid start on Saturday. The pack even more bunched up for turn 1. This won't end well.

The tyres shouldn't be too much of an issue in GT2/3 - 4x wear on mediums, 18 laps. You have to pit anyway so may as well just change them, that'll likely save more time than the 4-ish secs to do the swap.

Last edited:
Was the R8 too sketchy? I drove it a few weeks ago at suzuka in the daily endurance race and the tyres were an issue. The rear wanting to step out on t1 was also an issue. Haven't tried it after the update though.
The R8 was a dream on the infield. No drama at all. It hugged the corners beautifully and went exactly where I wanted it to. I wasn't watching the top speed too closely, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was slower there than some of the other cars on the final straight.
How was the tire wear on the twitchy MR cars, like the Audi, Ferrari, and Lambo? As of last night I was seeing a lot of these types of cars atop the leader boards (with a Ferrari being P1) but I'd be concerned as they eat the rears like crazy. I think these cars are a great choice so long as tire wear is not much a thing, but I've not tested them here long term (and likely won't be able to).
I wasn't really paying too much attention to the tire wear. I was mostly interested in figuring out which cars I can get a decent pace out of. I'll take a closer look at the tires and fuel in some full-length test races tonight. The one piece of completely useless information I can give you is that the tires were fine after 5 laps in all the cars I tested.

Last edited:
Best I could do in the Audi
I feel your pain. My apologies if I filled you with any false hopes of a better result with that car. I still feel like it was the right choice for me in that race, but it really was at a disadvantage to the CLKs on that track. There was no catching them on the straights, and there aren't enough twisty bits on that track to make up the difference.

I feel your pain. My apologies if I filled you with any false hopes of a better result with that car. I still feel like it was the right choice for me in that race, but it really was at a disadvantage to the CLKs on that track. There was no catching them on the straights, and there aren't enough twisty bits on that track to make up the difference.
Nah, I made the decision early on to try something other than the meta. I had fun giving it my best shot. A touch better driving on the last two laps and I might’ve been able to overtake P7 and P6. We all finished bumper to bumper. A top 5 was unattainable at my skill level with that car.

At least Qualifiying 12 was prob. better for you then mid pack. I flirted with the idea of qualifying with the medium since I had planned to start the race on medium.

I did Q8 on soft, starting the race midpack on medium was asking for trouble, my race was spoiled on the first lap with a collision.

Did 7 laps with damage as well, I was wondering if it was worth stopping for repair... There is no way in gt7 to practice with damage on the car other then experiencing in a race like that. I will check my replay to figure how my pace was affected...
With front end and right front wheel damage I was losing 1 to 1.5 seconds a lap on softs. On the main straight I was down about 10 mph. It hurt.

Back