Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
Did one last night in the Audi. Pretty boring race, honestly. Had some good battles with a Jag in the infield for P3 where space was left by both, which was fun. He then hit me going into the last turn... it was an accident and he waited so it's all good. But, P2 was about six seconds up because of it. I was able to inch away from the Jag and after pitting went from the six second delta to P2 to about .500" on the last lap but wasn't able to get by.

Other than the one lap with some fun side-by-sides the race was a bore where I spent the majority of it by myself just putting in laps. One of those races where I am looking at the lap counter and think, "there are still that many laps left?!" So is the story of this whole Nations series, IMO. I put about as much effort into these as PD did, so... yea. Good riddance.

Is it Nord yet?

Last edited:
I'm going to give PD some props, they seem to have finally nailed a lot of the Gr.3 BoP this time around. I don't remember the last time a non-Manufacturers Gr.3 race had such car diversity in it as this race.

Let's just hope the next car they add to the class doesn't turn into a Mazda3 Gr.4 situation and upset everything by being OP OP.

Against my better judgement I decided to have another go.

Qualified on P8 over 1s behind p1. Had a decent start and was P6 before turn 1. Got run wide from the side by P5 onto the green tarmac (?). Huge crash in T1 with 6 or so cars and I rejoined on P4. Lap 2 in Turn 4&5 after the straight all 3 cars ahead ran wide and I got to P2. P1 got a .5s penalty and I passed him on the start finish line.

He was way quicker and got P1 back on Lap 6 but lost the car on Lap 8 in Turn 4 and fell back to P5.

After that my lead increased to almost 10s and in the last 3 laps I drove a little slower to be safe.

Really glad I gave it another go. Also the Huracan is nice to drive overall.
1000023956.jpg
1000023955.jpg
1000023957.jpg

Did one last night in the Audi. Pretty boring race, honestly. Had some good battles with a Jag in the infield for P3 where space was left by both, which was fun. He then hit me going into the last turn... it was an accident and he waited so it's all good. But, P2 was about six seconds up because of it. I was able to inch away from the Jag and after pitting went from the six second delta to P2 to about .500" on the last lap but wasn't able to get by.

Other than the one lap with some fun side-by-sides the race was a bore where I spent the majority of it by myself just putting in laps. One of those races where I am looking at the lap counter and think, "there are still that many laps left?!" So is the story of this whole Nations series, IMO. I put about as much effort into these as PD did, so... yea. Good riddance.

Is it Nord yet?
Nuts. One more reason to not bother!

I actually have a good example of the "free return to track" mechanic.

In this video I am the Ferrari in front, the guy forgot to brake and sent me flying. I carried the momentum and rejoined ahead of another guy pretty far down the track with no penalty. Slowed to give the position back immediately because I didn't feel like getting dive bombed in revenge for a semi-cheap move that I didn't do on purpose.

e: this is actually one of the most civilized multiple party incidents i've ever experienced in GT

e2: i actually wonder how far up i could have rejoined without penalty

Last edited:
I actually have a good example of the "free return to track" mechanic.

In this video I am the Ferrari in front, the guy forgot to brake and sent me flying. I carried the momentum and rejoined ahead of another guy pretty far down the track with no penalty. Slowed to give the position back immediately because I didn't feel like getting dive bombed in revenge for a semi-cheap move that I didn't do on purpose.

e: this is actually one of the most civilized multiple party incidents i've ever experienced in GT

e2: i actually wonder how far up i could have rejoined without penalty

I honestly would not slow down in this situation. You got hit because the driver behind was breaking too late (not intentionally, he slowed down and waited until you were back on track) . You lost time and get damage here (if enabled).
The player you let pass was behind the player who hit you if I saw that correctly. So you gained absolutly nothing exept rear damage.

Last edited:
IMG_9771.jpeg

Hadn’t done a single race on this game since June last year and decided come out of retirement to have a one off crack at Interlagos as I usually do well here.

Absolutely blew qualifying picking up a track limit pen on my flying lap so had to settle for 12th. Was probably on for a 5th so was disappointed.

Race started and I’d made up 2 places off the grid but ended up having some idiot in a Ferrari spin me 360 at T1 putting me DFL. At this stage I’d wondered why I’d bothered coming back to the game! :lol:

IMG_9773.jpeg

IMG_9774.jpeg

By the end of lap 1 I’d somehow managed to get back into 12th capitalising on the cars in front getting backed up in traffic and from there I was lapping faster than most the cars around me and was into 8th by lap 5 or 6. Planned to pit lap 12 but that went out the window on lap 10 when 3 cars in front started fighting, a McLaren span after being hit by that same Ferrari driver, the Ferrari went way off the circuit, as I went to take advantage and go through into 6th he came flying back onto the track side swiping me and giving me 4 seconds of damage and even more annoyingly a 1 second penalty for colliding with him!!! :ouch: So into the pits and back out in 8th. Picked up one more position later on to finish 7th. Happy with that considering the start! 202 points I think.

IMG_9772.jpeg

The thing I feel like weeping with happiness about though is finally after so long becoming an A+ driver. Earned purely from GTWS races as I never do dailies. Honestly feels like the perfect moment where I quit while ahead and head off back into the retirement sunset :lol:

:gtpflag:

Getting prepped for my race soon. Anybody try a stop-and-go for the required pit stop? I'm curious how fuel and tire wear would do.

Getting prepped for my race soon. Anybody try a stop-and-go for the required pit stop? I'm curious how fuel and tire wear would do.
Good Luck 😉

I think that would depend on the car and how you drive.

Just raced on my alt account (Lambo again) started P2 but got hammered twice and was back to last.. Pitted on lap 3 to not get stuck in traffic and the tires were done at the end. My last 2 laps were 1:37.xxx (Best lap 1:32.5xx). Finished P3 in the end.

I wouldn't try the whole race without new tires but maybe if you're gentle with them they hold 😂🙈

Decided to have one final attempt in a car I haven’t seen anyone using today.

IMG_4194.jpeg

IMG_4195.jpeg

Ford vs Ferrari - the Fezzik cut

Getting the #15 board is usually a bad sign so a pleasant surprise to put the Ford P4. Up to P3 off the line & held it for a few laps as we frontrunners legged it. Small error let another Ferrari through and dropped me to P4.

Most people pitted right around halftime but my tyres were looking great so I decided to go long. Inherited P1 and plugged away until lap 17. Grip only really started going right at the end. Kept the tyres on, came out in P5 and that’s how I finished.

Much better result. Sometimes with a problem like Interlagos you need a hammer in the shape of a big old American V8.

Last edited:
A real pushy affair in slot 1 North America. Highest lobby for me this season worth 156 points. 10 A drivers and 6 B. I had door 16 and thought a chance for some good points.

Q9 to P10 in the end. Pushed off the track 3 times, plus made a couple of mistakes in the Porsche and a season low of 96 points. Lost a little DR in the process, too. Might go again, hopefully a cleaner race next time if I do.

The player you let pass was behind the player who hit you if I saw that correctly. So you gained absolutly nothing exept rear damage.
Incorrect, the guy I let past was clearing the turn before we got to it, that’s how fast I got launched haha. You can see him in the video thumbnail.

IMG_1735.jpeg

Last edited:
Incorrect, the guy I let past was clearing the turn before we got to it, that’s how fast I got launched haha. You can see him in the video thumbnail.

View attachment 1335571
Sorry but I beg to differ 😂 The car in the screenshot is blue and white. The car you let pass was red (~40s in the video you see the red car pass the one that hit you in the left window) There is also another car between you and the blue/white car

Sorry but I beg to differ 😂 The car in the screenshot is blue and white. The car you let pass was red (~40s in the video you see the red car pass the one that hit you in the left window) There is also another car between you and the blue/white car
My brother in Christ I’ve watched the actual replay a hundred times.

I ran the 11AM GT2 slot in NA. Door #2. All B/S lobby. 126 points on the table. I was driving the Audi R8 Evo.

I needed to place 2nd or 1st to improve my point total for the season. That seemed unlikely, but somehow I managed to qualify in Q3 with a 1:32.509 -- just one thousandth behind the Q2 driver -- so I started the race entertaining the idea of a podium finish.

I had a decent start, and no incidents in the Esses, exiting in P3. But the Porsche behind had a run on me and managed to get beside me going into T4.

gtws-nc-rd4-lap1.jpg

I didn't want to get shoved off, so I braked early and followed them into the corner in the hope that they would overshoot the track limits for a penalty, which they almost did, but not quite. That left me in P4.

I stayed on the Porsche's tail in P4 until lap 4. That's when I made the mistake of running wide at T4 for a penalty. I lost a couple of positions serving it, and found myself in a new pack of cars with two Ferraris and another Audi.

gtws-nc-rd4-pack.jpg

The Audi got by me in T1 on lap 6, leaving me in P7. By the end of the lap, Audi and red Ferrari were starting to battle. I took that as my cue to pit, in the hopes of getting an undercut while they were slowing each other down.

I had two or three laps of clean air when the red Ferrari popped out of the pits just ahead of me. I guess they weren't ready for that because they went wide out of T4 and ended up with a penalty. I easily picked up their spot at the end the lap, putting me in P5.

A couple laps more, and the Audi came out of the pits just behind me. I managed to hold them off for a lap or two (I think), but I made a few small mistakes in row on one lap and the Audi overtook me in the infield, sending me back to P6.

I chased the Audi for the rest of the race, but I just couldn't catch them. On the final lap, though, going into T4, the Audi clipped the the side path on the outside of the track with their tires, sending them flying into the inside wall.

gtws-nc-rd4-last-lap.jpg

I picked up P5, and despite some last-ditch efforts by the red Ferrari to get by, I managed to finish out the race there for 105 points.

This was a really fun race for me! Best of the season, by a mile. Lots of hard, clean racing, with no letting up. Every turn mattered. Great fun.

No need to try for another. That was enough fun to last me the day.

Last edited:
Interlagos isn't a great track for me. In limited practice, when I wasn't spinning out or going off track, my best practice time in the Chevrolet Corvette Gr.3 was 1:34.6.

I ended up in a mixed C/B-C and D/S GT3 room, wearing #9 of 15, with 28 points for 1st and 11 for 15th/last, a guaranteed gain of 1 point. Because I am not great at this track, and didn't want to be a cause of carnage in turn 1, I was the only one to not take a time. My practice time would have been 7th, with the polesitter setting a 1:33.3 time in a Ferrari. The rest of the field ahead of me was, in order, another Ferrari, a McLaren, a Honda, a third Ferrari, a 2013 Nissan, a BMW M6 Sprint, a second McLaren (which would prove to be a major nuisance), a Mazda RX-VISION, yet another Ferrari, the other Corvette, a Dodge, a Lamborghini, and an ancient white Ford GT that was a rolling roadblock.

There was carnage, but I was only able to take one spot from someone who later dropped out. Later in the opening lap, I briefly had 13th as a backmarker who simply didn't have any control and finished a lap down went very wide in turn 7 (picking up a track-limit penalty in the process), but he ran through me as I was on the right half of the short straight between turns 7 and 8 (ghosted, fortunately) to take the spot back. I got that back as he served the penalty, which had grown to 1.5 seconds.

Meanwhile, the pole-sitter had gone wide in turn 4, and the 2nd place driver (and eventual runaway winner) took advantage.

On lap 2, another rather dirty backmarker, who despite not pitting in the first 17 laps, didn't record a finishing time, spun in turn 1, and ran through me (again, ghosted) in the apex of turn 2 after he recovered.

A lap later, I was able to take advantage of said dirty backmarker slamming somebody out of the way in turn 4 to grab 12th, while said dirty backmarker continued slamming his way to 10th, picking up another track-limit penalty in the process.

The person he slammed out of 10th actually signaled for me to pass him between turns 7 and 8 on lap 4, but I didn't have enough momentum to do so, and I stayed in line behind him. I was also out of range of passing the dirty backmarker as he served that penalty, though the person who had been in 10th did manage to get by.

On the succeeding lap, I got into turn 3 a bit hotter than usual and nudged the dirty backmarker off track. He recovered quickly (a bit too quickly for the AI stewards' taste, as he picked up a track-limit penalty), and my wait for not only allowed him to keep 11th, but also cost me 12th. Karma caught up with him as the other guy who had just passed me dive-bombed him in turn 10, they touched, and he spun off first to the inside grass then across the track. I had planned on serving the penalty with him, but that changed everything as I got back to 12th.

The first of the short-pitters came in from 5th on that lap. Not only did he come out a bit behind me because he picked up tires on his Mazda RX-VISION, he picked up a pit-lane violation. I came down a lap later, and as the tires were looking good, I didn't take any. I did avoid the pit-lane penalty, and came out 13th in clean air.

Even with the clean air, my lap times were still well off practice. The leader had really checked out on the field, and 2nd (the pole-sitter) and 7th (both Ferraris) came down for tires on lap 7, the latter picking up a pit-lane penalty, but still too far ahead for me to take advantage.

Karma kept on coming for the wrecky backmarker, as, on lap 8, he spun coming out of turn 9 racing the first of the short-pitters. At least he backed up out of the racing line as I passed, giving me 12th. Meanwhile, 4th place (a McLaren) came down for tires, picking up a pit-lane penalty and coming out 9th. I finally broke into the 1:35s, with a 1:35.7.

On lap 9, the new 2nd (a BMW M6 Sprint), 4th (a Lamborghini, having freshly served a 0.5-second penalty) and 5th (a 2013 Nissan) all came down for tires. The last gave me 11th as I completed the lap.

A drop-out near the beginning of lap 10 (the Ferrari who pitted out of 2nd on lap 7) dropped out after spinning coming out of turn 4 while defending 4th gave me 10th. 2nd (yet another Ferrari), 3rd (a Dodge, right after serving a 0.5-second penalty) both came down for tires, the latter giving me 9th.

On lap 11, the leader (yet another Ferrari) finally came down for tires, and as he had checked out, easily kept the lead. The other Corvette also pitted out of 5th, and as he abused his tires and thus needed to change them, that gave me 8th despite his fastest lap being 1:34.9 and mine being, at that point, 1:35.4.

On lap 12, I got another position as the RX-VISON came down for a second time out of 7th. I might have been able to pass him anyway as he was in sight.

I set my fast lap of the race on lap 13, a 1:35.1. Two laps later, I got turn 4 slightly wrong and picked up a track-limit penalty. That, and a rapidly-closing Nissan cost me 7th place. A spin and drop-out by the 5th-place Ferrari on lap 16 got me back up to 7th.

I couldn't quite keep up with the Nissan on my worn tires, while the other Corvette began to close on his fresh tires. I finished 7th (thanks to 3 drop-outs), almost 52 seconds back of the winner, 2.7 seconds behind 6th, and 4.7 seconds ahead of the other Corvette.

Of the 10 serious racers, I was the only one to not change tires. Could I have kept 7th had I changed tires? Perhaps. Do I recommend a no-tire-change run, even in GT2/GT3? No.

In any case, I'm taking my 21 points (6 better than round 3 and 11 better than the previous 2nd-highest), the nearly-full D DR bar, and the still-full S SR bar, and running. It won't be enough to improve my money any (except maybe for my metro area), but it's enough.

Just quit my second race ever (I got the 50 race achievement at 51 races). Same idiot in the rental Ferrari intentionally punting me three times on three laps. Even if I tried to avoid him he swerved to rear end me into turns. I didn't even do anything besides be ahead of him because he keeps getting penalties. Unreal.

Him and this other moron were battling it out swerving into each other, so obviously I get past them when they go into the wall. Of course I deserve to be rear ended into a turn at 100mph for that.

e: after watching the replay, it has to be a troll account someone fires up just to mess up other people's races when they're done for the week

Last edited:
Hit the snooze button on my 0545 wake up call for the first GT1 Euro slot, but made it for the second and third.

First lobby was a 180 point lobby. I botched Q with a low 1:32.0xx, and landed 4th. Got a good start and worked my way up to second pretty quickly. Spaniard in first place that was swerve blocking at every chance. Come lap 5, I got up his inside exiting turn 3 down the straight to turn 4. He tried bumping me into the inside wall but I held my line and he went into the marbles on exiting T4. Took the win with 7 seconds to spare

Slot 3, 200 point lobby. Got a somewhat solid 1:31.7 qually lap that landed me in 2nd behind an RX8. Got the jump at the start and was in first by the exit of turn 3. We were all nose to tail for a few laps until the RX8 outbraked himself in my slip going into turn 4. He spun off into the marbles and quit. I was grateful he realized his mistake and took avoiding action to miss me.

A Belgian in a Macca got behind me and we battled it out for a couple laps until he caught me on the back stretch around lap 7, going for the inside move. I didn’t fight it. Pestered him for a couple laps until I snuck up his inside at turn 10 with a clean inside move. He went for the semi-undercut at end of lap 11 and I stood out for another lap and pitted at end of 12.

Coming out of the pits, I was still ahead of him and it looked like a gained a second. The Belgian and a German in a Porsche behind me were all pretty much nose to tail the next few laps as I predictably lost some pace as my tires warmed up in my outlap. About lap 17, the Belgian in a Ferrari got a run on me down the back stretch, I defended the inside going into T1 with him in return having the inside, and the move, going into T2. I gave him space hoping for it to be returned on the exit, but he had other plans and cut across the the width of the track blatantly taking me out on the exit.

Himself and the Porsche got by me and I had to play catchup. Lap 20 the Porsche spun on the exit of turn 11 headed into T12…super easy to do when pushing on worn tires. I inherited 2nd and tried to reel the Belgian in to no avail. Finished 2nd by a couple seconds. Probably 190 some-odd points or so.

I vaguely remember the Belgian from when I occasionally do dailies, being dirty. He stood out to me because he has no nickname. Just a blank space.

Anyways, probably won’t be able to hit my North American main because it’s date night. Was looking forward to at least one slot to test my pace in an A+ lobby and post some race pics. All good.

Really like Interlagos. You can get some really good cat and mouse racing with the right people. Great mix of cars out there today too. Manufacturers should be fun 👍🏼

Last edited:
I'm glad I didn't need a good result today. It really isn't worth my time to try again after one race.

GT2 - A/B Lobby
Door #10

The only preparation I had was watching the top FP lap and 15 mins before the race. Considered a stop-and-go pit, but ultimately decided against it.

Qualifying was fine, no traffic and I had time to place two flyers. Q8, exactly where I didn't want to start with the chaos of Turn 1.

Onto the race! Did I forget to mention Turn 1 chaos? No? Right. I get a better start than the car ahead and take a line deep inside Turn 1. I get bumped by the car behind, start to spin and while I'm recovering, they just drive straight through me and turn me completely around.

18e24a3dc6965-screenshotUrl.jpg

Down to last place. Meh, but at least I have clean air now. The rest of the race was pretty uneventful, I'd pick up a few places from others making mistakes and only really had one good overtake about midway through the race.

18e24a3fdec29-screenshotUrl.jpg

I pit at the end of Lap 9, which was apparently the same strategy as everyone else except one player who opted for the no stop strat, earning him a fat 1 minute penalty.

Not the worst race ever. I just wish I had finished higher to not take a hit to my DR, however finishing P9, I don't think it was too big a hit.

2pm slot in GT1, I went for the McLaren, as more comfortable with it than the Ferrari or Lambo.

Put together a good lap for me in qualifying, but was only enough for 10th on the grid. The opening lap or two it all went my way, bumps and mistakes ahead meant one by one I advanced up the field to 4th. It also meant I had a fair few fast cars behind me. I made the most of the clear air to just keep banging in decent laps. Approaching half way I had two cars close behind, they soon made it past, with 7th now right on my tail.

I was thinking to pit to get away from this battle, when 4th went in, so I stayed out as my tyres were holding out nicely, the other two I was racing with pitted the next couple of laps. So I stayed out enjoying the clear air, and temporary P1 on the leader board! Eventually pitted after 17 laps after a worrying slide on my old tyres.

I had hoped my clear air running might have got above 7th if they were holding each other up, but it was not to be, I came out P7. A couple of cars in sight ahead, but I couldn't close the gap. In fact it was the gap behind I had to worry about, I had one car close behind in the closing laps, then frustratingly he made a great move on the last lap into Descida do Lago to take the place. Not only that P9 is now right on my tail, a slightly imperfect last few corners gave him the chance and he out dragged me by a 100th or two to the line.

Frustrating end to the race, but I had a great time, pushing hard all the way for 25 laps. In the end I'm not to unhappy with 9th, I'm currently well into the A's at a level above where I expect to race, so just holding my own here is a sort of victory.

Missed the last two rounds so thought I may as well jump in to this one... GT1 A first slot EMEA

Did a few laps this morning in the trusty McLaren so knew I could do a high 1.31 without too much trouble, in the event a 1.32 flat was enough for P9 (and I was door 9). Was the top McLaren, first row was all Ferrari, plenty of Mercs in there.

Bogged down off the line and dropped to 10th but kept it clean on the opening laps and got into the groove.

IMG_8357.JPG

Did a fair bit of overtaking in this race, a couple into turn 4 and some more in the tight rights at 8 and 10. I know people love to chuck it down the inside over the inside kerbs at 8 and 10 so I made an effort to cover these off, but others were leaving the door wide open...

IMG_8358.JPG

Made steady progress and pitted at the end of 12. Was now in a group for 5-6-7th with a Porsche and RCZ. The Porsche got away and I had the pace to follow but hit the RCZ at turn 4. My fault, he went wide and I lifted to let him back ahead. But my front was damaged and my pace was down a tenth or two a lap.

IMG_8359.JPG

Didn't expect to get close again but on the final lap the Porsche started to struggle and fought with the RCZ. They swapped positions a couple of times and the RCZ left me an inviting gap to make the pass at turn 8 and finish a respectable 6th.

IMG_8360.jpg

Fun stuff. Watching the replay my tyres were in excellent condition while others seemed to struggle so the Macca still a good choice, may well be my Manu pick again.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how soon after today’s races the table is finalised and the payout for nations cup is available?

Just asking because I’m about 5m short for the Ferrari in legends dealership and it’s the only car I need for the platinum trophy 😂 so I would love to get it before it goes out of the dealership again and would also prefer not having to grind Spa 3 times instead again! Thanks
Already received my meagre rewards from finishing in the basement of GT2.

Makes it very tempting to go smurfing in GT3 for the credits.

first slot GT1.

I join the Audi brigade. It's been on my short-list for manu for a while, but didn't pick last time because I thought it was a bit squirrely over the mountain at bathurst. (checks manu schedule.....bathurst 28 laps on RH(!). yikes.) But it has pace at interlagos.

Back to the race. Nope. Damage at turn one ,then sandwiched at turn 4. Front/rear aero and suspension that takes 5 seconds to repair. Went in early on lap9 which I knew from custom races would put me on sketchy tires at the end. The tires on the audi hold up pretty well, until they don't, and lap times take a dive. I was door 13, qualied Q13, finished P12.

That pretty much sums up this nations series for me, it has really been a dumpster fire. I am, however tempted to try this one again. I think if I can get away damage free and run clean, I could hang mid field. We'll see what my mood is in a couple hours.

Back