Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
Disappointed to find out that using ABS default is not only faster but safer. Makes braking no longer realistic at all, I tried it in various different cars and I was faster. Will give one of the races a shot later tonight, and see how it goes but I'm around 1, 1.5 seconds off the pace of the top 10. Wasn't expecting to be that slow but there is probably some driving trick I'm missing.

I guess I was expecting too much from GT7, thinking it would go neck and neck with the PC sims but it doesn't. Add in the flawed tire model and this ABS default thing and it's far from the PC sims. I should just approach it as a fun simcade instead.
I entirely disagree - its way harder to drive a high hp car with no abs - slower and not as safe.

It appears I have made a huge mistake in signing with Aston Martin. It looks like it has been nerfed big time. Top speed is around 10kmh slower than the GTR.

First ever race! GT3, all C/S lobby. Qualified 2nd behind a guy with an atrocious connection who was jumping all over the track, eventually he dropped down to like 8th, either I punted him or he crashed on his own, I don't really care, went unchallenged the rest of the race. I think it was like 34 points? Is that good in GT3? Am I supposed to keep grinding my DR above C to get more points?

First ever race! GT3, all C/S lobby. Qualified 2nd behind a guy with an atrocious connection who was jumping all over the track, eventually he dropped down to like 8th, either I punted him or he crashed on his own, I don't really care, went unchallenged the rest of the race. I think it was like 34 points? Is that good in GT3? Am I supposed to keep grinding my DR above C to get more points?
Well done on the victory. That result will increase your DR so your next race, the amount of points on offer for the victory will be more. Points for a win will be roughly 100 when you get towards mid to high DR B rating and so on...

Last edited:
I had a fairly uneventful Nations race on my alternate account. Going from qualifying to the race had a black screen for about three minutes but no one got disconnected so judging from how many reports of complete freezes I've read, I got off easy. Between the random disconnects and not showing SR up or down during the event it is clear that the game should still be in beta but PD could resist launching it and getting the Macrotransaction money.
I will do the first Manufacturer's race on my alt account but if it doesn't get any smoother I really don't have much motivation to continue.

My events yesterday:
1st race bugged. Racestart didn't happen (waited for 10min after quali)
2nd flawless p1 qualified, p1 finished on 2nd account in GT3 League
3rd race p1 qualified, p1 finished on main account in GT2 League
I am new to GT7, had played only for couple of hours in GT Sport, as I just bought a PS5 in late december, completely skipped PS4. Rating is right now too low, but there is nothing I could have done different for these events.

13 minutes and still stuck in the pits for qualifying. 15 of us seeing it out this long.

Edit: 18 minutes and 14 of us left. This a whole new kind of game.

Captain’s log: 3 days and still no sign of them releasing us from the pits. The driver in the next box has begun to eat his car. I am losing all hope of seeing my family again. Tell them I love them.

Last edited:
13 minutes and still stuck in the pits for qualifying. 15 of us seeing it out this long.

Edit: 18 minutes and 14 of us left. This a whole new kind of game.

Captain’s log: 3 days and still no sign of them releasing us from the pits. The driver in the next box has begun to eat his car. I am losing all hope of seeing my family again. Tell them I love them.

Finally got released and then black screen half way through the out lap.

This is beyond a joke. Fix this mess or give me my money back.

I am GT3, when I raced yesterday my DR was C.
Today regular sport races (tying new cars out) via some races it has dropped to D.

Does this affect championship points earned?

On the leagues screen it states: Once your league is decided you will compete in that league until the end of the season.

So pretty much do the points get calculated on your league GT1/2/3 or can it fluctuate within leagues during the season?

Sorry first online GT.

I am GT3, when I raced yesterday my DR was C.
Today regular sport races (tying new cars out) via some races it has dropped to D.

Does this affect championship points earned?

On the leagues screen it states: Once your league is decided you will compete in that league until the end of the season.

So pretty much do the points get calculated on your league GT1/2/3 or can it fluctuate within leagues during the season?

Sorry first online GT.

Your tier is fixed for this championship. The points depend on the collective DR in your lobby. The higher DR you all have in the lobby, the more points are awarded.

Your tier is fixed for this championship. The points depend on the collective DR in your lobby. The higher DR you all have in the lobby, the more points are awarded.
Ok cool, thanks so I could enter the next race an hour later and although MY DR is the same, I could earn more (or less) points depending on the lobby?

For example, I finished 7th and got 12 points, if I finish 7th again its not guaranteed to be 12 points again?

Is there a way to see this in game?

Been doing some practice laps for the Manufacturers race this afternoon in the McLaren. Best I have done as a controller user DR B rated driver is 1:29.8xx but consistent laps in 1:30.2 ish range. No idea how that stacks up against my fellow B drivers but I am quite happy with that personally and I will just have to see how it goes in race conditions.

As for the race itself I am expecting a lot of carnage given how the daily race went last week so it might mean I will need to try a few. That's assuming I can get into a race without the game locking up.

Been doing some practice laps for the Manufacturers race this afternoon in the McLaren. Best I have done as a controller user DR B rated driver is 1:29.8xx but consistent laps in 1:30.2 ish range. No idea how that stacks up against my fellow B drivers but I am quite happy with that personally and I will just have to see how it goes in race conditions.

As for the race itself I am expecting a lot of carnage given how the daily race went last week so it might mean I will need to try a few. That's assuming I can get into a race without the game locking up.
Hey fellow pad driver. Are you using TC? I’m using TC1 and would like to benchmark it to someone using the pad.

I qualified on pole - finished 2nd due to shameful ramming (in t1) - didn't have the best of starts - but still.... (updated youtube link)

That was a good race, you did not give me any room to make a mistake. I KNEW that was going to happen in t1 and you can see me in the bright blue car just before the replay switches view brake way earlier than those in front and drive through the inside to take the lead.

Back