Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,083 comments
Well, 9 players made it to the grid in the end, probably what gave me my 3rd place qualy at a track I'm not great at and able to see it through to the finish, I'll take it.

Few extra laps practice at that middle sector.

Short and sweet, I guess, hopefully PD are hard at work with these testing races because A LOT to be done.

Last edited:
I'm about to take part in the Manufacturer's Cup, it feels more like Fall Guys as to who gets errors and gets kicked back to the main menu. That's what happened to me yesterday at least! I'll let you know how I get on...
I was able to do qualifying and race! Unfortunately I had a bad crash and messed my race up.

I was unable to put a decent qualifying lap in due to slow traffic, pretty annoying but at least I was able to take part. I'm going to have another go in 30mins.

Well not sure if anyone else had same issue, but I was disconnected few times before entry period ended. Managed to reload in and select the time slot, but then again with 3 seconds to go to deadline, I get error in game again and lost position and now have to wait for next window. Soo dam frustrating as I'm working later and only had next hour free

EU Slot 1 qualified 6th finished 5th 35 points.

Qualifying was weird started off stuck in garage for a couple of minutes. I opened the menu clicked exit and it put me in the pit lane to run my qualy laps. Hard stopped me after 3 laps and just put me on the leaderboard for race even though there was still time left on the timer. Stuck on leaderboard for 5 minutes ish before it put us in the race. Looks like a few quit or were kicked during those 5 minutes.

Race itself was ok once folks settled down after the first lap pushing and shoving so was pretty clean. Didn't see any penalties but did see a few folks spin out in a couple of corners. Think I will leave the rest of the slots alone as they clearly have some kinks to work out.

(Beta & QA testing used to be a salaried job back in the past. Now they expect customers to pay for the privilege & be grateful for the opportunity. Don't ya love progress.)

Last edited:
A9AA9ECC-7567-4412-A380-4FE398BD87B0.jpeg

Sounds like everyone had the same problem. Stuck in pits. 3 people quit and we were suddenly out on track with 4.30 left on the clock.

Qualified 4th with a time 0.7 seconds slower than my quickest practice lap. Not much happened in the race. Picked up one position and also took fastest lap for 203 points.

66123EED-5808-42B5-9931-FD800D9FAADA.jpeg

(Beta & QA testing used to be a salaried job back in the past. Now they expect customers to pay for the privilege & be grateful for the opportunity. Don't ya love progress.)
Totally understand the feeling. But also wonder if Beta testing Sports Mode was effective anyways. So many different factors. Test season covers more at once. Let's all hope it gets better.

Quali mode not working on deep forest. Did a race at 16:00 GMT and couldn’t quali. Done another now at 17:00 GMT and same issue.
If you wait out the 7 mins you get 2min quali at the end. Both races nearly everyone dropped out

Got 2 mins of qualifying in, as we all sat looking at the pits for 5 mins
Had the full 7 mins for the first session

Last edited:
Totally understand the feeling. But also wonder if Beta testing Sports Mode was effective anyways. So many different factors. Test season covers more at once. Let's all hope it gets better.
GTS Open Beta was 100x better than this. Yes, let's hope it gets better. I haven't even participated yet. Waiting on NA slots tonight.

Well done on the victory. That result will increase your DR so your next race, the amount of points on offer for the victory will be more. Points for a win will be roughly 100 when you get towards mid to high DR B rating and so on...
So even though I'm in GT3 increasing my DR further will get me more points? Seems like there's going to be a lot of sandbagging if that stays the case in future seasons...

So even though I'm in GT3 increasing my DR further will get me more points? Seems like there's going to be a lot of sandbagging if that stays the case in future seasons...
Yes, as you are matched with higher level drivers the points available in the lobbies will naturally go up. And no, there will not be sandbagging. Only the top split gives enough points to think about being a champion, and that's only if you're in the top 5.

I do see some possible sandbagging with mid- to low-level A drivers tanking to B just to get into the GT2 tier and then run away with it.

I am a mid A and prefer to be in GT1 and fight against those at my level. It's more fun and the points are much better when you do well. And you never know what can happen. In GTS Manufacturers Season 2, the only time I was ever put into a top split lobby of all the FIA races I did over the years, I finished 10th!

2nd slot, bugged qualifiers, effectively had two warm-up sessions... Got put in 11th by chance, ended up in P9... At the very least, was able to have a bit of a chat with the other drivers while we were all stuck in the pits for some 15 minutes.

Not good...could've been much worse all things considered. 191 point.

Tried to get in on both the 6pm and 7pm slots and couldn't get into qualifying. Game error. Real shame because I was looking forward to giving this a go!

Can I get something from it or not? I know, it's cool to play with people but I would rather not. :D If I sign the contract, they should buy me a car to my garage, right?

We are within a tenth currently in lap times so you must be slow. :lol:

Discoed on the 2 slots I could do. Thankfully a test season but I means I can't throw my shiny Lexus around the track.
Sorry to hear about the disco. Everyone else too. :(

Any chance you signed with Lexus because you normally pick Toyota but wanted 2 different cars? Because that would be dumb.

db0fc6414fbd2abda17b8d9844c0d18a_photo.webp

Sorry to hear about the disco. Everyone else too. :(

Any chance you signed with Lexus because you normally pick Toyota but wanted 2 different cars? Because that would be dumb.

db0fc6414fbd2abda17b8d9844c0d18a_photo.webp
I always randomise my manu. This was a carry over from GTS as the road to GT7 wasn't a proper Manu. That livery looks sweet BTW.

Can I get something from it or not? I know, it's cool to play with people but I would rather not. :D If I sign the contract, they should buy me a car to my garage, right?
If you missed GT Sport and this is your first foray into Sport Mode, I would definitely jump in (and keep in mind that the terrible multiplayer stability is hopefully fixed soon). You will get a Gr 4 and Gr 3 loaner car from the Manufacturer that you can use for the duration of the season.

If you haven't played Sport Mode before, you are likely at DR/SR level D/E which means you will also be with the other "noobs", but those "noobs" will be a mix of people brand new to sim racing, long-time GT players who skipped GTS, and some other experienced sim racers who skipped Sport. So you will likely see a lot of erratic lap times in your split.

It's a good moment to wrap your head around Sport Mode and get used to how things work. I would use this test season to get some experience and begin putting your DR closer to your natural level in preparation for the real season. Get your loaner cars and do an hour practicing Deep Forest from the event menu. Then get into a slot and enjoy the race. Although if you are from Czech Republic you might have already missed today's races. Also Daily Race A is good for beginners to get up to speed. Between these four test events and a few Daily Race A's you should be in pretty good shape for when the real season starts.

It's a lot of fun!

But the game needs major bugfixes.

Last edited:
If you missed GT Sport and this is your first foray into Sport Mode, I would definitely jump in (and keep in mind that the terrible multiplayer stability is hopefully fixed soon). You will get a Gr 4 and Gr 3 loaner car from the Manufacturer that you can using for the duration of the season.

If you haven't played Sport Mode before, you are likely at DR/SR level D/E which means you will also be with the other "noobs", but those "noobs" will be a mix of people brand new to sim racing, long-time GT players who skipped GTS, and some other experienced sim racers who skipped Sport. So you will likely see a lot of erratic lap times in your split.

It's a good moment to wrap your head around Sport Mode and get used to how things work. I would use this test season to get some experience and begin putting your DR closer to your natural level in preparation for the real season. Get your loaner cars and do an hour practicing Deep Forest from the event menu. Then get into a slot and enjoy the race. Although if you are from Czech Republic you might have already missed today's races. Also Daily Race A is good for beginners to get up to speed. Between these four test events and a few Daily Race A's you should be in pretty good shape for when the real season starts.

It's a lot of fun!

But the game needs major bugfixes.
OK, thanks! Yes, I am completely new, I never played online in any GT. Just few races in R3E and it was amazing.

Joined the first available Manufacturer's Cup slot which was 11PM for me. The joys of living in New Zealand & competing in the Asia-Oceania division. GT1 League. 20 players in the session. 14 including myself disconnect as qualifying loads. From a friend I had in the session who didn't disconnect, everyone else was locked in the pit lane and could not leave. Had to close the game.

This game is in a poor state at the moment, from the atrocious MTX & 'economy' to the horrendous state of online play.

Back