Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,941 comments
I'm guessing for wallriding reasons
IIRC the wall-riding was even worse at BMB Infield B because it only work with the hitbox of some cars, while everyone else got a penalty. Last FIA race at BMB Infield B was a Gr.1 race, and only the Sauber C9 could wall ride, but everything else got penalized.

I wonder if we're going to get rallycross for one of the missing NC rounds. They've done GrB (road tyres on tarmac) before & the notes say the track is for up to 16 cars.

Maybe this is PD's attempt at introducing a bit more strategy - ramp up the tyre wear so people have no choice but to pit, none of this boring fuel-saving no-stopping. Or they just screwed everyone a couple of days before an event.
This has to be a mistake in the update, surely!? I just tested the Jaguar and it is really ridiculous. no grip whatsoever and HARD tyres that are gone in just a few laps, i am seconds slower and the car does not turn. What are they thinking just 2 days before an event; let's screw up the tyre wear and have some laughs? it is like they are wallriding the rules and regulations....

I am going to pass on this event now. Real shame as i had so much fun just practicing for it: 4 or 5 medium laps then 10 or 11 on hards. What should we do now; 2 laps medium, 3 laps hard, 3 laps hard, 4 laps hard? Really hope almost nobody will bother to race under these conditions....

It just seems that every time you think that GT7 is beginning to be a decent game; some 🤬at PD screws it up again.

SF19s tomorrow should be "fun" as well - heading up to Eau Rouge with worn tyres

Season 3 Smiling GIF by The Simpsons

Thanks for the update PD. Was looking forward to Manufacturers, had decent pace and done a few practice races and felt confident. Now it looks like I won’t even bother.

Hards were completely dead by lap 8 and Mediums completely bald by end of lap 13. Car just heads off the track in a straight line. Not happy :irked:

View attachment 1186780

Oh and thanks for putting in Kyoto too, one of my least favourite tracks 🙄
I'd heard this round chewed up tyres fairly quickly pre-patch (haven't done any practice for it myself yet), but that's just absurd.

If they're going to make massive physics changes like that, surely it should be between seasons and in collaboration with the people planning out the race schedule to avoid situations like this... :irked:

I'd heard this round chewed up tyres fairly quickly pre-patch (haven't done any practice for it myself yet), but that's just absurd.

If they're going to make massive physics changes like that, surely it should be between seasons and in collaboration with the people planning out the race schedule to avoid situations like this... :irked:
yeah, it is 10x on tyres so was always going to be a factor, but now it seems a bit excessive.

may be time to revert to the James May school of driving, (Captain) slow and steady.

Last edited:
Not had chance to jump on GT7 yet since the update but I see tyre wear is extreme now.
Did some Manufacture testing last night and mediums only last about 5 laps. Have PD now gone to the 2 stop strat in this race with the tyre wear?

Also I’ve heard the AMG has taken a hit under the bop changes?

Was looking forward to the manufacture race, but seeing some of the recent posts I’m not sure? If the AMG been hit under bop that will suck as the car is just great to drive.

Sucks they did this so close to the event but I think the tyre changes as a whole is a positive, I think it will promote much better strategy by having things drop off a bit quicker.

Higher % wear rates seem to be a bit busted by it though so perhaps they should adjust it back to 8x or so instead of 10x for this event, just so strategy is closer to what has been planned and tested.

This has to be a mistake in the update, surely!? I just tested the Jaguar and it is really ridiculous. no grip whatsoever and HARD tyres that are gone in just a few laps, i am seconds slower and the car does not turn. What are they thinking just 2 days before an event; let's screw up the tyre wear and have some laughs? it is like they are wallriding the rules and regulations....

I am going to pass on this event now. Real shame as i had so much fun just practicing for it: 4 or 5 medium laps then 10 or 11 on hards. What should we do now; 2 laps medium, 3 laps hard, 3 laps hard, 4 laps hard? Really hope almost nobody will bother to race under these conditions....

It just seems that every time you think that GT7 is beginning to be a decent game; some 🤬at PD screws it up again.
Yup, it's either 2 steps forward, 1 back, or vice versa. I passed so much of this game already simply because I enjoy MR cars, but heaven forbid you try and be competitive in one these days. Was hearing rumours that MRs are good to drive this patch, but if tyre wear is now making the game unbearably bad at any kind of high multiplier, I'll just continue to sit on the sideline.

Here's a solution that will please a lot of people: Change the multiplier down to 3x. Make the race 3x longer.

Not had chance to jump on GT7 yet since the update but I see tyre wear is extreme now.
Did some Manufacture testing last night and mediums only last about 5 laps. Have PD now gone to the 2 stop strat in this race with the tyre wear?

Also I’ve heard the AMG has taken a hit under the bop changes?

Was looking forward to the manufacture race, but seeing some of the recent posts I’m not sure? If the AMG been hit under bop that will suck as the car is just great to drive.
last night before the update i could do 4 or 5 laps with the Mediums in the Jaguar. The Hards lasted easily for at least ten laps. More importantly; with both tyres the car handled well, it was only that it took longer for the Hard tyre to warm up. In my view much more realistic then what it is now.

Now with the Hard tyres on the car is all over the place, you need to brake so early and slowly navigate your car through the corner. It is no fun to drive and you just know that cars will collide into each other at each corner when tyre wear is so severe and cars have much more difficulty to brake.

last night before the update i could do 4 or 5 laps with the Mediums in the Jaguar. The Hards lasted easily for at least ten laps. More importantly; with both tyres the car handled well, it was only that it took longer for the Hard tyre to warm up. In my view much more realistic then what it is now.

Now with the Hard tyres on the car is all over the place, you need to brake so early and slowly navigate your car through the corner. It is no fun to drive and you just know that cars will collide into each other at each corner when tyre wear is so severe and cars have much more difficulty to brake.
Yeah I had the same experience with my race sim too. Put the hards on as my 2nd stint and they took ages to warm up. Other than that 10/5 on tyres amd grip was pretty good for all laps until the last lap on mediums when they started to slide.

Sounds like I need to do a new race sim tonight with the new tyre wear and my under powered AMG.

Sardegna race sim in my DBR9 - a 1 stopper still possible, at least at my “steady” pace.

6 laps on mediums to start (custom race with AI for proper traffic sim, not just TT-ing). Gauge showed almost full wear but lap 6 within half a sec of fastest lap set on lap 3.

808609F2-334B-4B3B-A9B5-E3F1F06CDB04.jpeg

9 laps on hards, still a bit of use left at the end and within 1 sec of fastest lap. As you can see fuel is not a factor unless they start us at a low level, still a quarter tank left at the finish (none taken at stop).

E88DD8BD-C168-4DF4-9327-F790BA066A13.jpeg

I think you’ve just got to be as smooth as possible and easy at the beginning. Any swerving or lockups are going to shred the tyres.

Bigger issue is the damage - even the most minuscule contact with Barry R or the other cars is going to cause it and slow you down. Rammers are in for a very well deserved shock.

Last edited:
I will also be skipping Saturday’s race. One stop is still the way to go, and that means braking early and softly all race unless you’re in a BRZ or something else with excellent tire wear. How are you supposed to actually race if you’re driving like you’re walking on eggshells the whole time? I was able to tolerate the wall riding last week but I’m not putting up with PD’s incompetence two times in a row. They need to get it together because they’re just ruining the game with these bonehead decisions.

Fortunately, the next couple Manufacturer rounds have 1x tire wear, so those should be fine to do.

Last edited:
I did some practice races against the AI and oh boy am I in some trouble for the Manufactures Cup Saturday. Since I drive like a barbarian, my tire management is horrible. I'm going to need to coast through more of the turns and be way smoother on entry/exit.

6 laps on mediums to start (custom race with AI for proper traffic sim, not just TT-ing). Gauge showed almost full wear but lap 6 within half a sec of fastest lap set on lap 3.

9 laps on hards, still a bit of use left at the end and within 1 sec of fastest lap. As you can see fuel is not a factor unless they start us at a low level, still a quarter tank left at the finish (none taken at stop).
I was doing 5M/10H and I think I'll try that tomorrow. My right front was at 0% after both sessions so no control on corner entry and exit. I'm also hoping that others will be all over the place with the tire wear so high towards the end of the tire stints. This will probably be one of my throw away races so it won't matter where I finish.

Im considering skipping tomorrow's race as it seems to be a lose-lose situation for me, losing more dr & possibly sr in lobbys with that car and the race settings.. I lost enough DR during this weeks dailys, dont feel like losing more & i swear my Beetle is driving awful now for Saturday's race after this update

This is sounding great, if all the good drivers don’t turn up I might actually have a chance of a decent result.

I honestly don’t see the problem - just don’t drive like a lunatic and actually think about tyre management. If Cole Trickle could learn to do it, so can we.

Last edited:
I’ll be doing the Manufacture on Saturday. Perhaps the new tyre wear model is now more realistic to real life. If it’s a 2 stop race then it’s a 2 stop race. Not sure what all the complaints are for really?

Might skip Nations tonight. Don’t really have the pace in the car, and the long left hander that you can take flat out in 6th is like the corner of death in this car. I either clip the inside curb, run wide onto the Astro or I end up losing the backend and spinning.

Just did Slot 2 of tonight's Nations Cup and I managed to not only get a pole, but convert to a win! I started on Softs, the driver behind me on Mediums. We both pitted at the end of lap 10 for our other compounds, and by last lap he almost got past me at Blanchimont but they hit the grass and had to pull out.

Just ran slot 2 of Nations in Oceania. Due to struggles with the car and pouhon I decided it was a freebie round and whatever the result it was what it was.
And wow.

14 in the loading screen, only 8 make it to lobby. 1 quits at qualifying and away we go. Some bumps at the start, but just grid start in SF things, nothing sketchy about any of it. I manage to get to p4 after the kemmel and that's the highlight of the race. I spent laps 2 and 3 running wide on the downhill heading to pouhon. Binned it exiting pouhon on lap 3 to lose 15 seconds or so. Pitted end of lap 5 for softs, promptly caught the astroturf exiting the corner onto the final straight and lost another 20+ seconds. Now it was a race not to be last. I lost. Manage to catch the turf at pouhon lap 7 as well for catastrophic damage and a race not to be lapped.
I made it. Somehow I was clean and regularly quick after that. P2 quit after taking the wrong tires at the pit stop so somehow I end up p6. I didn't earn it and no one caused me problems problems but myself. This round is a bit of a lark, but could be a bit more fun. I'll move on and see what else we got.

Good luck and definitely keep it on track there.

I’ll be doing the Manufacture on Saturday. Perhaps the new tyre wear model is now more realistic to real life. If it’s a 2 stop race then it’s a 2 stop race. Not sure what all the complaints are for really?
A two stop is 14 seconds slower than a one stop, so I wouldn’t recommend doing that.

And there’s nothing realistic about this tire wear. If Hards are dying this quickly, then that makes Mediums and Softs totally useless.

Last edited:
The event is at 10x wear lol. You can't judge realism from how long the tyres last on 10x wear.
You’re right, so I’m not sure why realism was brought up in the context of this race.

Last edited:
Back