Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,734 comments
After a successful season with Audi during the main season back in May, i decided to go with Lamborghini for this exhibition season.

I hopped into the 5PM (UK time) slot, and i was door 13 in a 292 point lobby, which is the highest lobby i've been in. Qualifying never went well since i picked up a couple of off track penalties and i just lacked overall pace, so i ended up qualifying P15.

At the start of the race, i started on softs because i forgot to change to hards before the race started. Since i started on softs, it allowed me to make my way up to P9 by the end of lap 2 and at the start of lap 3, i was with 4 other cars going into T1 and i sent it up the inside, which thankfully worked well and i was now in P5. I stayed in P5 until lap 13 when a Lexus overtook me and then i pitted at the end of lap 14 to put on the hards. I stayed on the hards for 1 lap and then i came back in for softs. In the end, i finished P10. Overall it wasn't a very eventful race.

I would've went again if there was more slots for those of us in GT1, since i couldn't do the 7PM slot.

Also i probably won't do the next round at Tokyo Expressway since im not a fan of racing there.

Autódromo de Interlagos__5.jpeg

Last edited:
Ok guys, good news and bad news, Good news I had better 2nd race at the 4pm UK slot time. Bad news I'll get to that.

So joined the Sport mode and entered the 4pm time to race in the MCWS race. Did a quickish qualifier and my times were ok, around 1:32 mark, but a stupid racer called Lollie or sumthin or another, purposefully was ramming my final lap before the time ran out, evoked a 2sec penalty, I kept my cool and just finished, it was a pretty fast group of B rank racers.

I was qualified 12th to start and when through the intros and race start showbiz.

Race start, Began the race off speeding past a orangey BMW and got to the first corner, it was crazy argy bargy all over, 2 particular rammers were being mels but I kept pushing forward and was in 10th. Battled hard for a few laps to get into 8th with my RS tyres holding up pretty well. I was getting good pace in the Vantage V12. I felt secure in the track and car combo.

I had a nice time chasing a racer called AprilLVIII, in the Nismo GTR GT3 cup car, after my pit-stop, when I pushed up to 2nd place, they were keeping good pace but pitted at lap 19 oddly enough to lose a substainal position in the race near the end.

Also, I went for a very odd strategy were I used my RS tyres for like 12 laps then swtiched to RS tyres again, then at lap 17 or 18 switched to RH tyres, I did lose some places near there but at that point I fought up to 2nd place when everyone was pitting, and thougt it wasn't so bad. I pushed and finished the Race on 5th place so pretty good considering starting at 12th.

Overall a really good 2nd session redeemed the first, but the game did hold my points (66pts) from Race 1 so it will combine hopefully and lets see where my Round 1 standing are! Onto Round 2, LFG!

OH yeh & BAD NEWS, The game made an error again trying to save the replay, but didnt crash this time phew! Saying I needed to free up 107mb of space, so I thought check the storage option in-game in the options menu and my replays were stacked full, I deleted a few & hopefully this reoslves the damn issue with this.

Enjoy pics! :D

Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713101556.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713101552.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713095850.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713161632.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713165848.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713165723.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713170052.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713165927.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713170130.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713165018.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713161320.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713164949.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713103514.jpgGran Turismo™ 7_20240713101710.jpg

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713165129.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713165129.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713104936.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713104936.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713104954.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713104954.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 2
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713105004.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713105004.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713105103.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240713105103.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
So I logged into my accounts today so I could 'stream' the GTWS races and get the two, 6* tickets. While there, I picked some Manus.

Primary account is Porsche again. Mainly because I picked them last time so I am familiar with the car. Picked the same on the EMEA account as I probably won't be doing any over there this season. I jumped into round two practice and the track was wet. There was a little bit of a dry line, but even that was just above the first bar; wander off that line at all and it was about half way up the gauge.

I feel some brave souls may risk it and run the RH tires from the start in an attempt to not have to pit. My knee-jerk reaction after doing one lap was start in IMs, and pit for RH at some point. There was no clouds on the radar at all (again, only did one lap).

I was also on vacation, like a few folks here. I drove a real car after gap of a year, a Ford Focus. The hydraulic steering was nice to drive, even though it is overly servo'ed making it feel almost like an electric steering. Just appreciating it before hydraulic steerings are a thing of past.

I was out of practice for GT7. It is my first entry to a GT1 GTWS. It went pretty well thanks to Seth_Logan talking about 30-sec pit window instead of 44-sec and thanks to Moose78's strategy charts. I picked the Alfa Romeo as it was my last pick so I was familiar with it. Additionally, this car is incredibly kind on tires, which turned out to be crucial in this race, and may become crucial again after the update. I did 1H-14S-15S strategy, which put my #11 car from 10th in qualifying to 9th in the race. I am very happy with it as I was expecting a 14th-16th finish. There were numerous position exchanges throughout the race, even with the same folks, due to diverse strategy. Zero contacts were nice.

This short exhibition series is perfect to dip my foot into GT1 for first time as there is only one race that is longer than GT2/GT3. The timings are absolutely horrible, though. I am contemplating changing my account region to avail morning slots.

Ahhh, another podium given away by a silly mistake going through the Sol. Nice to see I can keep up with the A+ guys, but consistency is my Achilles heel.

Haven't seen a strategy faster than 1RH yet. 200 points in the bag for a P7. Onto the next one.

Good luck to those racing the final slot!

First GT1 slot in the Americas (6PM EDT). I was driving the Citroen GT from door #2 (yikes!) with 162 points up for grabs.

Qualifying was uneventful. I landed myself a Q5 with a time of 1:31.377, which was better than my Free Practice best time by two tenths.

gtws-mc-rd1-start.jpg

I started on hard tires, planning a 1RH-14RS-15RS strategy. Everybody was well-behaved for lap 1. I was the first to pit. I switched to soft tires.

I was expecting to come out in clean air, but instead I found myself in P12 in a gaggle of hard-tire runners. They were no match for my soft tires, though. By lap 5 I had climbed back up to P7, with a Nissan GT-R seconds ahead.

The Nissan was also on hard tires, so I was closing in on them with every lap. Meanwhile, a Peugeot behind was bit-by-bit catching up to me.

At the start of lap 11, I finally caught up to the Nissan. But then a new complication appeared. A Porsche was coming out of the pits alongside the Nissan.

gtws-mc-rd1-complication.jpg

I let the Porsche and Nissan battle it out ahead of me. The Porsche (on softs) finally got by the Nissan on the main straight, but I wasn't so lucky. The Nissan was defending hard. I'd have to follow them into the infield for another lap.

I was right on the Nissan's bumper. Too close. I bumped into them around Pinheirinho. Totally my fault, so I lifted off the gas to let them keep their position. The Peugeot behind was apparently not expecting that because they went full throttle into my bumper, giving me rear aero damage.

gtws-mc-rd1-damage.jpg

With the damage, the Peugeot got alongside me into T4 in lap 13, and left me no room on the outside, pushing me wide. I was not impressed. Thankfully there was no penalty. Down to P8.

On the next lap, a Porsche got alongside me into T4. It seemed like they tried to squeeze me off the track before even getting to the turn. The contact unsettled their car and they went wide, getting a penalty. I stayed ahead, but they caught up and made a dive into T8 that I wasn't expecting. Contact again as I turned into them -- probably my fault. The Porsche, apparently fed up with my driving, decided to unceremoniously punt me off the track at Pinheirinho. Down to P9.

I hobbled around the track for another lap -- lap 15 -- then pit for repairs and a fresh set of tires. I came out in P10.

On lap 16, I inadvertently warmed up my new tires with a @GOTMAXPOWER maneuver.
gtws-mc-rd1-spin.jpg

That lost me a couple spots. Down to P12. But by lap 19, I was back up to P8, thanks to other drivers pitting and quitting.

I even caught up to the punting Porsche, who was driving very slowly due to front and rear damage. I easily got by. Up to P7. Then the Peugeot went into the wall. Up to P6.

And that's where I finished. P6 for 128 points.

I'm happy with that. A decent point haul and a DR increase to boot.

Congrats on your result and kudos to you for taking on Citroën. Find a couple more tenths and you'll be nearing the pace of the A+ guys. What were your lap times looking like?

Its amazing to me that people were able to two stop this race. I was running 1:31's consistently throughout the race and my tyre wear was leaving 1/4 rear rights by lap 11. Is it a me problem or an R8 problem, or both?

GT1 last slot. My only shot at it
Q8...then
Based on @Moose78 and others's advises, I went with 1RH-15RS-14RS, without practice on this strategy.
I raced my own pace, let people fight each others, I let many pass me without protecting cause they were definitely faster.
I passed few of them in the last 4 laps because there were loosing control.

P8, clean race, no penalty, no damage. 124 pts. A satisfying come back to online racing.

Dropped from the lobby in slot 1... slot 2 I qualified 9th but had a good start on hards, I knew I couldn't quite do 15 laps on softs but a penalty on lap 3 made the decision for me, so I went 3H-13S-14S. It turned out to be the perfect strategy, just barely held off a hard-charging 3-stopped for 5th which was definitely my limit. Starting to recognize quite a few names, I guess 60K is where people stick around for a bit, huh?

Looks like round 2 has a wet start, but a clear radar. Should be interesting! That is if they keep the same weather for the actual race, I don't think they've actually used weather like that before. Time to watch Asia/Oceania streams again!

So I logged into my accounts today so I could 'stream' the GTWS races and get the two, 6* tickets. While there, I picked some Manus.

Primary account is Porsche again. Mainly because I picked them last time so I am familiar with the car. Picked the same on the EMEA account as I probably won't be doing any over there this season. I jumped into round two practice and the track was wet. There was a little bit of a dry line, but even that was just above the first bar; wander off that line at all and it was about half way up the gauge.

I feel some brave souls may risk it and run the RH tires from the start in an attempt to not have to pit. My knee-jerk reaction after doing one lap was start in IMs, and pit for RH at some point. There was no clouds on the radar at all (again, only did one lap).
Tried the hards to start practice. Couldn’t even make it round a lap. Maybe the aliens can stick like glue to that “dry” line but I’m bolting on the inters. It’s a quick stop anyway.

VW very unpopular this season, I’m 3rd in the Euro GT2 standings!

Last edited:
Congrats on your result and kudos to you for taking on Citroën. Find a couple more tenths and you'll be nearing the pace of the A+ guys. What were your lap times looking like?
Thanks! My best lap was a 1:31:8, but most were in the 1:32s. The fastest lap in the race was a 1:31.2, so it seems I still have a ways to go just to get to A pace. I don't mind being slow, though. It helps me save my tires. ;)

Wouldn't you know it, another driver in Canada -- in Ontario, no less -- picked Citroen. They are A+ and already have more points than I could hope to get in the whole season. Looks like cruising to a top spot in my local area is not in the cards this season.

Interestingly, it looks like no Canadians have yet driven Chevrolet, Ford, Hyundai, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, or Volkswagen. If this keeps up, I'm going to have a pretty good selection of options to choose from next season.

A question for the experts here: I wanted to find the best car for the Manufacture Cup and train offline in Interlagos. Can I see beforehand which BoP settings are required for the race and can I somehow set them automatically?

One option would be to create a lobby, is there an offline way?

I have already decided on two constructors, but training is still scheduled for next Saturday.

A question for the experts here: I wanted to find the best car for the Manufacture Cup and train offline in Interlagos. Can I see beforehand which BoP settings are required for the race and can I somehow set them automatically?

I have already decided on two constructors, but training is still scheduled for next Saturday.
You can create a private/friends only lobby and apply the actual race settings.

The only downside is no ghosts or AI to practice with.

The upside is you get to race in "similar" conditions for latency etc as single player doesn't have much of any of that for inputs etc.

10am slot.
Qualified P12 in the end with my fastest lap of the weekend. Some 6 tenths quicker than FP. Got a little bored with the long quali made worse with the fact I wasn't getting near my fastest lap.
Start was o.k. and I held position until the exit of Descida Do Lago when I am barged out of the way.

I loose a couple of places and have a good battle through the Senna S with the Lambo but my caution to not hit them was too much and they got the jump. I pitted on lap 5 for softs and slowly caught the pack back up. Warning the pit lane sensors are now on the chicane on the pit entrance so don't go fully aggressive into there and pick up a 3 second penalty like me.
When it all shook out I was in P10 fighting the Lambo again with the 650S also behind. A good battle ensued with the McLaren and eventually a wobble out of Descida Do Lago allowed them past. A few others pit on the last lap allowing me by. But the best thing was my German friend from lap 1 was shoved off at juncao allowing me past them for some justice. Finished P8 in the end so got the last DR paying place. Not too bad in the end.

10am slot.
Qualified P12 in the end with my fastest lap of the weekend. Some 6 tenths quicker than FP. Got a little bored with the long quali made worse with the fact I wasn't getting near my fastest lap.
Start was o.k. and I held position until the exit of Descida Do Lago when I am barged out of the way.

I loose a couple of places and have a good battle through the Senna S with the Lambo but my caution to not hit them was too much and they got the jump. I pitted on lap 5 for softs and slowly caught the pack back up. Warning the pit lane sensors are now on the chicane on the pit entrance so don't go fully aggressive into there and pick up a 3 second penalty like me.
When it all shook out I was in P10 fighting the Lambo again with the 650S also behind. A good battle ensued with the McLaren and eventually a wobble out of Descida Do Lago allowed them past. A few others pit on the last lap allowing me by. But the best thing was my German friend from lap 1 was shoved off at juncao allowing me past them for some justice. Finished P8 in the end so got the last DR paying place. Not too bad in the end.

We had the race together. Your German 'friend' also rammed me at the end of the race after I had left him enough space and I came 12th. It's a shame, otherwise it was a fair race.

First race on the main account....

Apart from being rear ended out of the pits in QT 🤷‍♂️ my PB of 1:21.6 isn't even these guys race pace. Their pace in race was high 1:19s and low 1:20s

So QT 13th laughably door 7 🤣 MAPPED THE HAND BRAKE! So had a good start up to 8th on the mediums as I was starting so far back. Obviously there was some accidents loads of wanting ghosts etc Stayed there until 4 in to 5 pit for the softs

Clipped a curb and it was game over where the mid pack is so tight.

On to the next one but that's it. I will just settle now. 4 races in these cars is my limit.

Edit:

I'm a bumper cam player but tried hood and cockpit cam for a dozen practice laps. Hood cam definitely slows things down a bit but at the cost of visibility. Cockpit cam you really need to hit those markers instinctively. I imagine VR with a bit of practice would be fast at this combo.

Bumper cam in these type of cars really does make everything feel like it's happening 4x faster than the other cams

Last edited:
Americas slot 1 - GT2, mixed A/S B/S lobby worth 141 points, door 10 in my trusty Supra

Q8 to P7 in a race I threw away a great result on the penultimate lap.

Stuck to my 2H-9S-9S strategy and it just about worked. Dropped a couple of positions before my first stop which was fine. Came out in clean air on softs and ran as hard and fast as I could. A lap before my final stop I caught a couple of guys who were intent on taking each other out (they were chirping at each other after qualy) and almost became collateral damage in their foolish war. Lost some time but got through and pitted after 11 laps for my final stint.

All was well as I found myself in 5th and chasing down 4th pretty handily until as I passed him at the left hander after the back straight (turn 4?) and took a little too much inside curb leaving room that resulted in a nasty tankslapper and me in the wall on the outside. Rejoined down in 8th and brought it home through my tears without losing any further positions.

Had a chuckle though, as the winner didn't use both tire compounds and I was promoted to 7th for 106 points. Thought about going again, but I tend to go one and done on these races.

Last edited:
You can create a private/friends only lobby and apply the actual race settings.

The only downside is no ghosts or AI to practice with.

The upside is you get to race in "similar" conditions for latency etc as single player doesn't have much of any of that for inputs etc.
You can replicate the bop in a tune sheet so that you can run some laps in TT mode with a ghost. Car settings are not touched with bop, only power and weight so it is easy enough to do

Tried the hards to start practice. Couldn’t even make it round a lap. Maybe the aliens can stick like glue to that “dry” line but I’m bolting on the inters. It’s a quick stop anyway.

VW very unpopular this season, I’m 3rd in the Euro GT2 standings!
Yea, would be super risky. Especially with heavy damage (or even damage at all in GT2). And especially when there will be other drivers around with IMs who will get impatient should an RH driver go two off or something.

I did a few TT laps and it seems one could pit on lap two or three; three is safer. Track basically starts damp and slowly dries as the race goes along. I did eight laps and there was zero sign of more rain coming in so I presume after 12 it won't happen. After those eight laps I am now 1000% more familiar with this track than I was yesterday. Still slow as beans, however.

I am having a hard time setting up a custom race to mimic these conditions. R03 is the lowest of Rs that actually gave me rain (R02 and R01 were a damp track but still within slick territory, even off the racing line; the rain was actually required - even though it doesn't rain during the TT - to wet the track enough to require IMs) enough to make the track damp. Even then it was a crapshoot as to whether or not it would rain at the beginning at all; sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. Very annoying.

Next slot was C01 to get it to stop raining and hopefully create a dry line after a full lap or two. But, I didn't have time to do multiple laps in the custom race to verify. I know my man @Moose78 is going to find the combo regardless. So, like many here, I'll defer to his information. :cheers:

Yea, would be super risky. Especially with heavy damage (or even damage at all in GT2). And especially when there will be other drivers around with IMs who will get impatient should an RH driver go two off or something.

I did a few TT laps and it seems one could pit on lap two or three; three is safer. Track basically starts damp and slowly dries as the race goes along. I did eight laps and there was zero sign of more rain coming in so I presume after 12 it won't happen. After those eight laps I am now 1000% more familiar with this track than I was yesterday. Still slow as beans, however.

I am having a hard time setting up a custom race to mimic these conditions. R03 is the lowest of Rs that actually gave me rain (R02 and R01 were a damp track but still within slick territory, even off the racing line; the rain was actually required - even though it doesn't rain during the TT - to wet the track enough to require IMs) enough to make the track damp. Even then it was a crapshoot as to whether or not it would rain at the beginning at all; sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. Very annoying.

Next slot was C01 to get it to stop raining and hopefully create a dry line after a full lap or two. But, I didn't have time to do multiple laps in the custom race to verify. I know my man @Moose78 is going to find the combo regardless. So, like many here, I'll defer to his information. :cheers:
Is it just the Tokyo 800pp race?

Genuinely asking as that's the grind race some people do.

Im with you on the lap 3 stop but you could in race nurse a bit and do a lap 2 stop.

Even then it was a crapshoot as to whether or not it would rain at the beginning at all; sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't
I haven't looked at the next race at all today yet. Focused on the TGR race.

You can use the 'equal conditions mode' to guarantee rain, but it will apply for the whole race, which is not what we want. You might need to fudge it by choosing a heavier rain for the first part and something dry for the later ones. It won't mimic the conditions exactly, but it might be good enough to get the drying track effect.

At any rate, I won’t be able to do the next Manufacturers Cup Exhibition race on the 20th since I’ll be in Manhattan, but I certainly look forward to the latter two rounds - especially since they’ll be after the update!

EDIT: I wonder if one can get away with doing the entire third round without pitting on Softs, at Autopolis? The tire wear rate does seem low. Of course, if it rains, that’s another factor.

Last edited:

Others have already suggested setting up a private lobby. Another option is the Custom Race feature. Both have a BoP setting that you can enable to have the car match what you get in Sport Mode races, but Custom Races let you practice against a full field of AI cars. They also have decent credit payouts, so you can make some credits for driving. You have to have at least one AI opponent, though, which an be a bit of pain if they interfere with your tests.

Back