Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 11,904 comments
Q7 to P6 in Americas GT2 slot 1, mixed A/S B/S lobby worth 154 points, door #12 in the trusty Supra

Not much to report, really. Decent qualy, decent race. P1 and P2 walked away from everyone by 10 seconds at the end, while P3 through 7 were basically a train of cars throughout waiting (hoping) someone ahead made a mistake which never happened. Pit at the end of 5 laps to switch from IM to RH. Beat a bunch of A/S guys for a nice DR boost and can almost touch DR-A

Happy enough with 122 points to call it a day, and go enjoy a drive in my real life brand new Toyota Corolla Hatch (non-GR model :()
Nice car, reminds me the good old civic hatchback of the 90s, In a good way. Maybe my next car!

Practiced only one night this week. I was not super confident.
10 PM GT1 slot with NSX 500GT.
Q12.
Race starts, After turn one I was P15, I basically give them way.to avoid accident.

Decided to follow and study behavior of the pack ahead... I said to my self, they wont survive, they are too aggressive. I just waited for mistakes, gained a few positions.
Pitted for RH end of lap 5, some more drivers were loosing control on the slick tires after ward.

Ended up P5, very happy about it.

Licking my wounds this morning will take the positives that I managed to end up with a final 95 points for the round.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda etc I'm just glad it wasn't zero.

So going with a glass half full mindset this morning. What could have been....

IMG_0615.png

GT2 low B - only one run
74c558fb68561ee07aa59f70b9ffc6b3_photo.webp

Qualified P6 , i could have done better time but ran into a small traffic eh
9608b108d8f95f05051a2bebf6606b29_photo.webp

Race started good as i managed get into P5 before first corner but as i was in P4 for 3 laps i managed to hit the wall and not to mention some hit my rear multiple times ... so i dropped to P6 , after lap 6 went to the pits got lucky mananged to get into P4 since some drivers started to crash and hit walls and then on the last lap P3 got 1second penalty thus getting the podium in P3
View attachment 1373971View attachment 1373970
Pretty solid race while i got lucky in the end :D - have fun out there 👍

btw not looking forward to the Autopolis race xD

That Optimus Prime Bingo Racing Corvette livery looks smashing!

Did a couple races yesterday, but alts only. I had planned on doing a primary account race but something came up early afternoon and I didn't get home until ~22:00. Really bummed about that as I did a lot of practice and was relying on this race to be one of the two I was going to be able to do. Oh well, such is life.

Anyway, AO region. Two races. Both were a wreck fest. The Renault in teh rain is great, but it matters naught when getting rear-ended every other lap. Oh well. Nothing to report here...

f877d171e37aec53e401d5e1881f1b2c_photo.webp

US race in the Citroen. This one was good. We all [cars near me anyway] survived T1 and L1. Started on pole but was P3 by the end of T1.

9be2efdc1cbed1c1a6f822a8a4d343b9_photo.webp

ecbf1aa77ed369dce3c04d586ddb466f_photo.webp

Stayed there coming down the straight. The Supra and AMG fighting and went a little hot into T1 so I was able to pip up the inside.

35f571470d0e728599581fb0cbba76dd_photo.webp

80233ebd8f5011756381415529ab7015_photo.webp

From there it was trying to keep them behind; my lap two was a little better than the Supra but I couldn't drop him on the straights. I couldn't quite shake him and on lap three we ended up going side-by-side into T1, leaving each other space. Good racing. I had the inside and kept the lead.

697da65dcf7c08f2a22d630473aabad8_photo.webp

He pit at the end of lap three (which I thought was brave) but it gave me some room behind. I'd pit at the end of lap five (as would the AMG now behind) and came out in front of the Supra watching that delta drop like crazy as we approach T1. It was either that lap or the next where something happened to the Supra where he dropped back from about a second to three seconds. Supra and AMG were fighting which opened up the gap to five/six seconds. GGs.

Citroen was a good drive here. It's a decent car. A diamond in the rough at this combo, IMO.

...and that's all she wrote for the day, unfortunately. The combo itself had huge potential. But, like any race it's subject to those racing around you; even more so on a wet track surrounded by walls. I never liked any of the Tokyo layouts but was happy to see this on the docket as it forced me to learn the track, and, I kinda like it now... if for no other reason that it was something different, rather than 10 laps around Suzuka for the billionth time. I actually enjoyed the track more in the wet as when you get the perfect rotation/slide through some of those turns it's very satisfying.

Speaking of 10 laps around a dry circuit, onto a dry Autopolis. Really disappointed with that. With it looking to be a dry race, with all slicks available and 2x wear, I think @Nakano219 was onto something that PD might be using us to test their new physics update, with presumably new tire wear models.

I'm still getting up to speed at Autopolis, but I decided to do some tire tests anyway. For me -- and my apparently freakish ability to save tires -- it was easy to do a no-pit on all three available tire compounds.

There aren't any surprises here, except maybe just how erratic and slow my driving was when I tested RS tires, which was the first test I did. The RSs are faster than RMs, which are faster than RHs. The wear goes in the opposite direction, with RHs showing the least wear and RSs the most. Under the current physics model, going with RSs for the race is an obvious no-brainer.

My main reason for doing these tests now, though, is to have a baseline to compare against when the new physics model comes out in the update later this week.

Anyways, without further ado (details in this spreadsheet) here are the results.

Tire strategyOpt timeBest timeAvg timeAvg devTotal time
10RS (v1.48)1:45.9731:47.8581:48.2720:00.36218:02.724
10RM (v1.48)1:46.1591:48.3241:48.6560:00.49518:06.559
10RH (v1.48)1:48.0091:49.8171:50.0550:00.33618:20.546

pubchart

These were done in a Custom Race against one AI driver, driving the Citreon GT under race fuel and tire multipliers. Afternoon. S03 weather.

By the way, I don't really know what is going on with the Opt times. They are much lower than I'd expect. I'm guessing that they are thrown off because the race starts past the finish line and it is counting the first-lap sector 1 time as the best one.

I'll probably re-run the RS test once I get a little more practice and become more consistent.

I'm still getting up to speed at Autopolis, but I decided to do some tire tests anyway. For me -- and my apparently freakish ability to save tires -- it was easy to do a no-pit on all three available tire compounds.

There aren't any surprises here, except maybe just how erratic and slow my driving was when I tested RS tires, which was the first test I did. The RSs are faster than RMs, which are faster than RHs. The wear goes in the opposite direction, with RHs showing the least wear and RSs the most. Under the current physics model, going with RSs for the race is an obvious no-brainer.

My main reason for doing these tests now, though, is to have a baseline to compare against when the new physics model comes out in the update later this week.

Anyways, without further ado (details in this spreadsheet) here are the results.

Tire strategyOpt timeBest timeAvg timeAvg devTotal time
10RS (v1.48)1:45.9731:47.8581:48.2720:00.36218:02.724
10RM (v1.48)1:46.1591:48.3241:48.6560:00.49518:06.559
10RH (v1.48)1:48.0091:49.8171:50.0550:00.33618:20.546

pubchart

These were done in a Custom Race against one AI driver, driving the Citreon GT under race fuel and tire multipliers. Afternoon. S03 weather.

By the way, I don't really know what is going on with the Opt times. They are much lower than I'd expect. I'm guessing that they are thrown off because the race starts past the finish line and it is counting the first-lap sector 1 time as the best one.

I'll probably re-run the RS test once I get a little more practice and become more consistent.
With no mandatory pit based on your numbers a RS sprint is the race they have laid out.

With the technical nature of the track RM seem pointless even if the RS wear you'll just back them up on the last 2 laps.

I had slightly different numbers on infinity practice with no wear.

But I think you are quicker than me. But it's only 10 laps in high grip so really don't think there is a option other than RS

@Moose78 i wonder how these tines will stack up compared to the new physics. Apparently the wear is higher with them.
I'm not sure it's going to make much difference at my level. And if it does realistically I can't see PD being massively radical on these things.

Time will tell, but there is a lot of hype to physics changes with the only evidence of anything is the tour drivers having to adjust their Strats to adapt.

But in reality that was still only one lap earlier or one lap or so later.

I think personally it's mostly hype to promote the new tire sticker partner.

Are the cars going to drive somehow really different....I don't think so. In a 10 lap race I imagine the changes will be placebo or negligible.

That said they could increase the wear rate behind the scenes but that feels unlikely especially if you've tried the GT Toyota cup and the car choices and handling they have.

The Yaris is the most under powered handful I've ever driven.

I had similar results as Moose. Just a 10 lap RS sprint race.

Of course it could all be out the window come Thursday. THat being said, if the RS tires wear out quicker then everyone will just use RM. All I am thinking is, the pit delta will be too large to make up for running a softer compound, IMO. RM for 10 laps likely better than RS/RS.

Yadda yadda yadda, still a 10 lap sprint.

I had similar results as Moose. Just a 10 lap RS sprint race.

Of course it could all be out the window come Thursday. THat being said, if the RS tires wear out quicker then everyone will just use RM. All I am thinking is, the pit delta will be too large to make up for running a softer compound, IMO. RM for 10 laps likely better than RS/RS.

Yadda yadda yadda, still a 10 lap sprint.
And the first 2 laps are traffic laps at Autopolis. So not massively hard on the softs.

Its a sprint race and so will Nurbs be it looks like.

@Moose78 i wonder how these tines will stack up compared to the new physics. Apparently the wear is higher with them.
I'm interested to see how the lap times are affected, too. I don't really know what to expect. My mostly uninformed guess is that under the new physics model, the total race time with either RS or RM will be about the same. A no-stop with both, but with RSs you start fast and slow down with every lap. RMs will be more even, slower at the start with more gradual degradation, so that they are actually faster than RSs for the last half of the race.

We'll have to wait and see, of course. It is all just wild speculation at this point.

Im not so sure as anecdotally I set my fastest laps at the lower end of the wear, but that could just be track knowledge at that point.

It will be interesting to see this play out now.

Same strat as always, out of the top 5 run the mediums, at the front run the softs

Here is my, as always pretty late, race report:

Race 1:
I qualified P6, made it thru turn 1, but in the curvy section under the bridges someone, 3 or 4 cars in front of me, lost the car and in the following chain reaction i was hit in the back and meet Barry. That meant back to P14. I gained some positions but i thought i have nothing to loose, so i went for RH tyres after lap 2.
That could have worked, but i must have crossed a pixel of the pit entry lane that gave me a 3 sec penalty. And 2 laps later, as RH tyres wre actually easy driveable, i spun and lost about 10 sec. P13 in the end.

Race 2:
Again P6 in the qualy. A very wild lap 1. In a fast left hander i was hit from the car behind and said hallo to Barry again. That meant i was damn last. But i could close the gap to the guys in front.
This time i changed to RH after lap 4. In the final lap i was P9 and very close to P8 and 7. In the last hairpin i had a much better exit then those 2 and passed one of them to P8 and hoping to get even P7 while i was very close in his slipstream.
But the french Nissan guy i just passed, wasn't happy with his new position. He rammed me on the right rear wheel 4 or 5 times until i spun. I'm still wondering how small his genitals must be ...

Race 3:
This time i put my RSR on P4 in the qualy.
TokyoP4.PNG

At the start of the race the guys behaved well. The M6 from P2 had some problems in turn 1 and i could pass him in T2.
The pole setter lost his McLaren in the curvy part of lap 1.
In the hairpin the Ferrari from P6 missed his break point, but magicly had a better exit than me and took P2.
From this point it was quite uneventfull driving. I followed the leader to pit after lap 6 for RH.
My laptimes were about a second slower the the norwegian guy with the fasted lap. And he was closing the gap to me.
In lapp 11 he was right at my tail. I didn't wanted to risk the whole race for one position, fighting a guy who is much quicker than me, so i let him pass easy.
So it was P4 in the end. Which i'm happy with.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20240720183905.jpg

78 points isn't much, but i managed a race without crashing at a decent speed.:cool:

Attachments

• Gran Turismo™ 7_20240720180925.jpg
    Gran Turismo™ 7_20240720180925.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 4
Well put me down as another who had a nightmare at Tokyo.

First race I qualified 4th... feeling pretty good but early got early damage (not my fault), then pitted too early and smashed my car up getting off the dry line (my fault). I almost never quit races but this time I decided to take dog for a walk and come back for race two.

Sadly this was like watching a repeat of race one. Once again was hit and damaged by others and with a very slow car ahead on my hards out lap I ended up in the barriers and lost another 30 seconds doing a twelve point turn...

No walk for the dog this time, instead I opted for an exciting second stop to repair about 10 seconds of damage followed by a long drive home for P14 :irked:

Last edited:
So did my first American race. Qualifying went well, was out of the pits first and my second flying lap gave my a low 2.06. Only issue was that there was one driver in a Porsche that was a second faster in his first and only flying lap!? oh well....

So started second and getting through turn one was easy as almost all cars behind stalled due to a bad connection. I knew that there was no chance in hell that I could fight the Porsche for the win so all I could do was stay as close behind him as possible and hope for a mistake from him.

I actually could stay pretty close while on the intermediates, he pitted lap 5 when he was about 3 seconds in front. I continued and was considering to not pit at all but in the end decided to pit lap 6. Got back in 2nd position and watched the Porsche getting more ahead each lap. He won with ease and I got second place.

Oddly, I did enjoy the race, even though I had no chance to win as every lap I did was pretty much the best I could, no (serious) contacts with the wall or anything, every lap a solid time, so pleased with my performance in the end. And enjoyed practicing and learning the track the past week.

1721641058713.png

Last edited:
I may be one of the only ones who actually enjoy racing at Autopolis. This week should be fun, even if it is just a sprint with no strategy.
my too actually. Did a few laps in the AMG and it is awesome though difficult track to drive. It really is a challenging one and you need a good balanced car. I am so much slower in the Lexus here....

my too actually. Did a few laps in the AMG and it is awesome though difficult track to drive. It really is a challenging one and you need a good balanced car. I am so much slower in the Lexus here....
Yeah, the RC F probably a bit of a handful out of the hairpins. My Beetle is nicely stable though a bit too understeery through the faster bends.

Yeah, the RC F probably a bit of a handful out of the hairpins. My Beetle is nicely stable though a bit too understeery through the faster bends.
I loved driving the Beetle there, I thought it's main weakness was down the long straight. Especially on Lap 1 where the following cars are catching up dangerously close, making turn 1 very perilous.

Sorry, still catching up, I was talking about Tokyo. Haven't driven Autopolis in it yet, but generally gone well there when it's been used in the dailies, so hoping for a good result.

Last edited:
Thus far on Autopolis I've gotten the Porsche to a 44.5. This is not my best of tracks as I find bits of it just awkward. But, I think a 44.2 is possible because I am not even sure I am taking the right lines through some of the turns.

The Renault was also a decent drive, but struggling with the Citroen (haven't done any TTing in these two, just one custom race each to test tire wear for BB). If you touch the curbs on the inside of a turn it gets really unstable. So be ready for that, Moose.

Again, may all be moot come Thursday. Almost feel like practicing now could be a waste of time.

Regardless, I have a very busy Saturday planned and would be happily surprised if I even can make one event. So, we'll see.

The Renault was also a decent drive, but struggling with the Citroen (haven't done any TTing in these two, just one custom race each to test tire wear for BB). If you touch the curbs on the inside of a turn it gets really unstable. So be ready for that, Moose.
Thanks for the warning. I haven't run into that particular problem yet -- maybe because I run with TC 1 -- but I am definitely struggling to get any pace out of the car on that track. I'm sitting at the very bottom my friends list with a best lap in FP of 1:46.9. There might be a few more tenths I can shave off, but the 1:45s feel completely out of reach right now.

Without any strategy in this race to compensate for my poor pace, my prospects are looking pretty bleak. I'm not holding out much hope for a good result on this one.

Thanks for the warning. I haven't run into that particular problem yet -- maybe because I run with TC 1 -- but I am definitely struggling to get any pace out of the car on that track. I'm sitting at the very bottom my friends list with a best lap in FP of 1:46.9. There might be a few more tenths I can shave off, but the 1:45s feel completely out of reach right now.

Without any strategy in this race to compensate for my poor pace, my prospects are looking pretty bleak. I'm not holding out much hope for a good result on this one.
I am planning on doing some actual TT laps in the Citroen. Hopefully today, if not tomorrow. I'll report back with a time as a base.

Ok, so I did five laps in the Citroen and five laps in the Renault. I then went back and did like seven laps in the Porsche (just to hit the marathon requirement for a 3* and 10k, thanks Kaz). I had already done some laps in the Porsche and improved some on lap three.

I cheated a little bit on the Citroen and Renault running +4 BB to help some with rotation; whereas, in my fake race testing I was running -5 BB to help the rear tires. But, there's no parc ferme rules saying you can't change BB from TT to race!

1721679467314.png

So take from that for what you will. New physics and all that...

I discovered that the Citreon has a secret -- though probably useless -- superpower last night in some lobby races at Autopolis. @fardoche was there too, btw, and we had some great fun racing each other. Anyways, back to the superpower: It is a rocket off the line in a grid start race. The lobby was doing short 5-lap practice races with a grid start. I did 5 or 6 of them and every time I blasted way ahead of the rest of the field to turn 1. I'd have a full second on the next car by the time I got to the corner.

It is probably useless, though, because in the history of Manu Cup on GT7 there has never been a grid start. According to the GT-Engine archives, every Manu Cup race has been a rolling start.

Latest Posts

Back