Gran Turismo World Series 2024 Thread

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 12,071 comments
When I was running with other cars in both races I always lost time going into the tunnel, so this probably explains why. It still doesn't feel like a dive to me but if I'm on completely the wrong line it would explain things.
You aren't on the wrong line in QT or TT or free air.

The thing for me is that you were both slow and his wider line isn't "a gap" and then making contact before the long straight isn't ideal.

Edit:

This is a big issue with the racing online, the wider line isn't an invitation.

Too much senna don't for the gap crap exists.

Going in to that space is fine, but recognise they are lining up and on the throttle earlier, you will be on it later to avoid contact. If you even run a car wide with contact or just because you know you have is not cool.

Racing room is racing room and that's why on the good days we can race door to door. On the bad days it's being run wide or punted.

99% of people just race online like racing the AI.

Nobody cares about being a better racer anymore just "faster or A+" 😥

Soap box away now.

Last edited:
I nearly didn’t race because I was hearing bad things from people but I gave it a go anyway and I’m glad I did.
Qually p4 with a solid lap. P1 to P10 was covered by under a second so I was fully expecting to get mugged with the brz’s lack of power early on.
I got away poorly and I had to work hard to catch back up to the leaders. The race became a 3 way battle for the lead with myself mostly in second place. I was loosing 0.5s down the back straight and was really working hard to keep the pressure on p1 and I was having to defend from p3 who didn’t let up either. I’ve taken to defending clearly and early now and it seems to be working quite well.
I managed to take the lead after the final stop and then ran off at sector one (yes we have been here before, sadly). The 3 way battle then became a 4 way battle and then a 5 way battle and I managed to sneak back into p3 right at the end.
An absolutely fantastic race, everybody was really on the limit the whole time and battling hard but smart all the same.
Glad everyone else here generally seemed to have a good night too.
:gtpflag:

Did a small test at Road Atlanta with the Huracan and it doesn't fill me with optimism. Ran with the softs and got a 1:18.3xx after 8 laps. Optimals were a little below 1:18 but the car is, again, all over the place under braking.

The first round at Dragon Trail was totally fine but on TM and RA it's really unpleasent to drive. Nothing changed and I don't know what's going on here 🤔
Also tested, but with the M6. This is a really awesome track to drive around on, only thing is that my laptimes here suck big times.
Mind you, there are only 4 BMW's in the global top 10 so it might be the car that is the issue....

Last edited:
Been a while since I've been on here...!

Did the first two slots yesterday in the Mazda and was on for quite a nice finish in the first slot, top half which would have netted me something in the high 200s (lobby was 338pts for the win), and then...

To throw a bit of context if it's at all possible, I've seen his name on TT leaderboards, don't think I've ever raced him, have definitely not got 'previous' with him, and there had been nothing going on between us in this race up to this point. So yeah, bit of a loss as to why he did this, let alone how he tried to justify himself afterwards saying he was showing me my behaviour "wouldn't be tolerated"!

So obviously that wrecked slot one, ran slot two but just started and finished 11th for 207, didn't have the pace in the Mazda to get up the field. The guy who wrecked me in slot one though managed to wreck himself (and someone else) again and parked in the pits

Did have a quick go in the BMW on my alt to see how the car was, that thing was massively OP!

Did the first two slots yesterday in the Mazda and was on for quite a nice finish in the first slot, top half which would have netted me something in the high 200s (lobby was 338pts for the win), and then...

To throw a bit of context if it's at all possible, I've seen his name on TT leaderboards, don't think I've ever raced him, have definitely not got 'previous' with him, and there had been nothing going on between us in this race up to this point. So yeah, bit of a loss as to why he did this, let alone how he tried to justify himself afterwards saying he was showing me my behaviour "wouldn't be tolerated"!

So obviously that wrecked slot one, ran slot two but just started and finished 11th for 207, didn't have the pace in the Mazda to get up the field. The guy who wrecked me in slot one though managed to wreck himself (and someone else) again and parked in the pits

Did have a quick go in the BMW on my alt to see how the car was, that thing was massively OP!

It is beyond me how two and a half years into the life cycle of the game PD has not implemented any protection against those players. Meanwhile I am getting banned for calling someone a clown or use the wrong livery that is available for download in the gallery. Shameful!

That's just shameful behaviour on his part. It's a horrible part of the track to try go into 2-wide, but it looked like he squeezed you into the wall so hard he bounced off. That was completely on him!

That's just shameful behaviour on his part. It's a horrible part of the track to try go into 2-wide, but it looked like he squeezed you into the wall so hard he bounced off. That was completely on him!
He's taken the corner as if I was going to stay glued to the wall on the right, and being ahead and on the inside in that scenario, technically, I'd be allowed to push him as wide left as I wanted providing I always left racing room, never even got to push him left because he turned in!

It was far from his only incident though.

Last edited:
This is a few clips from my second race yesterday. I'm curious to see what other people think of the initial contact in the tunnel. When it happened I thought he had slid out then overcompensated and tried to cut me off as I went up the inside, but watching it back from the replay and from both our perspectives I got less sure each time.

The rest of the clip is just the general shambles that followed. If anyone has any suggestions for how to manage the pit lane exit when there are other cars I'd love to hear that too.

On initial view it looks like they drift wide so I can see why you would take the inside line in a split second decision. So if they are consistently going deep as their line they should expect something like that rather than just sweeping back in so I'd call it a racing incident. It then looks like they try to punt you but do not put in a lot of effort. As for the yellow Porsche I can only assume Stevie Wonder was driving.

I'm not sure if he is part of TCR (@Tidgney will know and want to see if he is) but he seems to be well known on Tidge's videos.
He makes a mistake goes into the wall and then takes it out on you. Very childish of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
On initial view it looks like they drift wide so I can see why you would take the inside line in a split second decision. So if they are consistently going deep as their line they should expect something like that rather than just sweeping back in so I'd call it a racing incident. It then looks like they try to punt you but do not put in a lot of effort. As for the yellow Porsche I can only assume Stevie Wonder was driving.

I'm not sure if Flash is part of TCR (@Tidgney will know and want to see if he is) but he seems to be well known on Tidge's videos.
He makes a mistake goes into the wall and then takes it out on you. Very childish of them.
He isn't but I'm surprised to see this from him 😭

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure if he is part of TCR (@Tidgney will know and want to see if he is) but he seems to be well known on Tidge's videos.

Far from his only 'mistake' that wrecked someone's race on Saturday either
He isn't but I'm surprised to see this from him 😭

You'd be even more surprised to see his justifications for doing it and putting total blame on me! Will I see him again in lobbies? Probably, we have similar DR. Will I trust him if we're racing? Absolutely not. And that's always a shame when you can't trust someone in a race

Oh well!

Last edited:
Been doing some practice laps - and a couple mock races - at RA as I like that track.

The Porsche is in its element here. My best lap thus far is a 17.0. More to be had.

GTR feels good as well. Not POrsche good, but it's very predictable. I don't think the gearing is great in the GTR for this track as both the right before the back straight and the right coming out of the last chicane are too slow for 3rd but too fast for 2nd.

Boy oh boy is the Ferrari bad. Mock race laps are like .800" behind the GTR (haven't done on in the Porsche yet)... PER LAP!

Still need to find the limits in the Genny but I might not even bother as I won't be available to play on Sat night.

Back