Gran Turismo XLink online race

United States
Denver, Colorado
Belisario93
note: please read this whole first post before signing up. if you don't understand some of it, just ask by posting in this thread.

Gran Turismo XLink online race

alright, I've seen something about how XLink Kai can let you race online in GT4 by going into LAN. Well, how about we have a race with that? Sound good? great!

requirements
-if you have a fat PS2, you will need to buy a little thing that goes into the back of your PS2, install it, and configure it.
-if you have a skinny PS2, the above doesnt apply to you
-you then must connect your PS2 to the internet through a router that your computer is plugged into
-you must download, install, and make an account on XLink (it's FREE)
-you must live in North America (sorry to everyone who doesn't, it's because you would probably have horrible lag if you arent in North America)
-you probably need the NTSC version of the game because that's what I have (don't know if PAL will work going against NTSC)

Rules
-no punting
-try to keep at least 2 wheels on the track at all times
-No Cheating, Hybrids, or Sharking.
-No wall-riding.

Race Details
-time and date: tba (probably on a weekend during the evening sometime)
-track: tba
-laps: tba
-car to use: tba

Sign up (please note that you can sign up if there are more than 6 people signed up. you will either become a back-up or bump somebody out of the race depending on your location)
-Name:
-Country you live in:
-State/providence you live in:
-Xlink username:
-preferred time:

Currently signed up
-Belisario93

depending on how this works out I may make a race series out of it.

I was hoping there would be something like this for the site. Will this be turned into a league? It would be a lot of fun to have a points race every week or so.

Any interest in this? I used to play on Kai last year, but nobody goes there anymore. I'd love to start playing GT4 online again! Especially to practice for GT5!

Back