GT Sport & Logitech G29

• Thread starter tomsku
  • 42 comments
Norway
Norway
Hi, anyone who play GT Sport beta/demo with logitech g29 and is it any good? How is the force feedback?

Similar to Project Cars 1 / 2 or more like Forza Motorsport 7?

Are you faster with wheel or kontroller? :)

It’s good enough.

I will have to swap back the G29 pedal set since the G27 brake is way too sensitive. Like WAY to sensitive after playing the demo. Must have something to do with the G29 brake load cell that the G27 doesn’t have. Too bad, because the G27 pedals work perfectly well in every other game I’ve played.

I can't achieve anywhere near full braking (maybe75%) at best on my homemade wheelstand with the G29 standard pedals.

Is there any way to calibrate the pedals?

If not, a major bollock has been dropped.

I can't achieve anywhere near full braking (maybe75%) at best on my homemade wheelstand with the G29 standard pedals.

Take out the rubber stop under the brake pedal-- 5 minutes job, 10x better

So what is the word on older wheels? I ordered a G29 last night but then noticed someone state that the G27 may be added in the full game.

So what is the word on older wheels? I ordered a G29 last night but then noticed someone state that the G27 may be added in the full game.
The G27 is not compatible with the PS4, unless you use a DriveHub. Get a DriveHub and it'll work by faking it to be a G29 for the PS4. No lag, no issues, lots of fun

Hi, anyone who play GT Sport beta/demo with logitech g29 and is it any good? How is the force feedback?

Similar to Project Cars 1 / 2 or more like Forza Motorsport 7?

The FFB in the game is not as good as GT6 imho, & is nowhere near as good as P CARS or Assetto Corsa. In fact, to get it to feel anything like previous GT games you have to set Max Torque to 4 & Sensitivity to 1 (I had it on 10/10 in GT6).

It’s good enough.

I will have to swap back the G29 pedal set since the G27 brake is way too sensitive. Like WAY to sensitive after playing the demo. Must have something to do with the G29 brake load cell that the G27 doesn’t have. Too bad, because the G27 pedals work perfectly well in every other game I’ve played.

You may use the PC Logitech Wheels Configurator on your PC and drop the sensibility from your Brakes, accelerator and wheel to whatever values you feel good with!!! (On Global Settings)

Go into the settings. You can recalibrate the pedals.

I have the g29 and I can't even feel rumble strips. There are just two ffb settings in game. Still trying to make it feel even remotely like a wheel should feel like.

VBR
The FFB in the game is not as good as GT6 imho, & is nowhere near as good as P CARS or Assetto Corsa. In fact, to get it to feel anything like previous GT games you have to set Max Torque to 4 & Sensitivity to 1 (I had it on 10/10 in GT6).

Depends on the wheel I guess. One thing I liked about GT is that they used very simple settings for wheels (project cars 1!!!!). So you don't waste time fiddling but just racing. I have this suspicion that they held off advanced FFB for the TGT. That's why it feels "dead" with a lot of wheels. Rumble strips, grip etc are there. But no feeling of the roadsurface.

VBR

Thanks for the reply, now I don't have player GT game since GT5 prolouge and then with a pad.

Have been playing forza the last years but the GT Sport demo was really fun. See If I change my logitech G920 for Logitech G29 PS4.

Thanks for the reply, now I don't have player GT game since GT5 prolouge and then with a pad.

Have been playing forza the last years but the GT Sport demo was really fun. See If I change my logitech G920 for Logitech G29 PS4.
If you already got a G920 get a drivehub. This forum seems to rave about it!

You can't calbrate any thing in this game it needs more settings

Yes you can... At least for Logitech wheels compatible with PC you may configure/tweek it on a PC... using Logitech Gaming Software!

Of course that in my case it may be different. since I use a G27 connected to Reasnow Cross Hair Adaptor, that makes PS4 think it has a G29 connected to it!!! And in my case I can fine tune my wheel either on wheel & pedals sensibility, either on FFB strenght and wheel weight, and I´ve got it working with excelent response and feel with GTS!!! Even more... G27 has short cut keys that will instantly change the full wheel turning angle from 900 to 240 degrees ( file:///C:/Downloads/Gt6+Sport%20****s/G27_G25_(DFGT%20)%20-%20Undocumented%20wheel%20lock%20settings%20-%20Guide.html )

Daily race coaster track (zzzzz change it already) I'm going flat out down a straight and just let go of the wheel as I'm not feeling anything. Nothing. Full gas no wobble/nothing. I'm used to having weaving going on if I do that. Is that realistic or NON realistic? Think car was Gr 3 Alfa Romeo

I have the G29 as well. Bought it somewhat specifically for GTS (it also helped that when I got it, it was on a flash sale on Amazon :D). Anyway, I can't remember what settings I have but the FFB feels pretty good. I can feel the curbs, weight transfer etc...My complaint is with the brake. Sometimes I have to press that sucker really hard to even get the sensation that the car is stopping (I used to play GT6 on PS3 with the G27, I don't remember it being like that at all). As a result, most times, I have to brake really early especially after a long straights.

If you already got a G920 get a drivehub. This forum seems to rave about it!

Hi, I changed my G920 to G29 , like the G29 a bit better and checked out the drivehub ;) Will buy that so I can play Forza 7 in 2025 or something when I'm finished with GT Sport - love it with the wheel. 2,5 second behind my best laptime with pad after 1 run - so will keep driving with the wheel for better laptimes and much more fun :)

I have the G29 as well. Bought it somewhat specifically for GTS (it also helped that when I got it, it was on a flash sale on Amazon :D). Anyway, I can't remember what settings I have but the FFB feels pretty good. I can feel the curbs, weight transfer etc...My complaint is with the brake. Sometimes I have to press that sucker really hard to even get the sensation that the car is stopping (I used to play GT6 on PS3 with the G27, I don't remember it being like that at all). As a result, most times, I have to brake really early especially after a long straights.

I know what you meen with the heavy brake pedal, tried a G29 before and I pushed like I maniac on the brake.. Bought one G29 earlyer today and the brake pedal feels pretty nice, don't need to push my whole weight on it when playing GTS :)

I know what you meen with the heavy brake pedal, tried a G29 before and I pushed like I maniac on the brake.. Bought one G29 earlyer today and the brake pedal feels pretty nice, don't need to push my whole weight on it when playing GTS :)

That's good. Maybe the one I bought is one of those defective ones. My hope is that the spring or whatever system they used for that do not break due to repetitive heavy pressure because now that GTS is coming out, its going to get a whole lot of use :)

Thank you all for taking time to reply to this thread about your driving setup.
Logitech G29 bought tonight and improved laptime by 4,5 second so far vs controller:)

If someone who like to drive GTS and not playing destruction derby feel free to add med on PS network - tomsku28

does G29 "dial" work properly on GTS when changing the MDF menu ?
coz i am using DriveHub with fanatec CSW simulate G29 in GTS , if i use the dial for changing brake bias or TCS , it only all the way go Max or Min (1 or 5), so i wonder g29 user have this problem or not ? thx

does G29 "dial" work properly on GTS when changing the MDF menu ?
coz i am using DriveHub with fanatec CSW simulate G29 in GTS , if i use the dial for changing brake bias or TCS , it only all the way go Max or Min (1 or 5), so i wonder g29 user have this problem or not ? thx
It worked really well with my g29. The dial worked went in steps.

Steering is the most realistic I have experienced on the GT titles, it feels amazing with the amount of feedback and steering weight. Perfect setup and feel allows me to drift and grip with no change in sensitivities.

Nice drifting ;) I suck at drifting, more laptime driving on me.

How is your car setup for such drifting?
Using wheel or pad?

I must say I'm all about grip a lot more than drift on games, although that's vice versa in real life. I only drive on wheels, I haven't used a control for a driving game in over 12 years.

Back