gt4 MOBILE

• Thread starter Arrow
  • 13 comments
well i havent searched deep but in a quick search on it i didnt find anything in this forum.. so anyways!

psp is coming out next year and there is news that there will be a gt4 mobile that should be very close to the real gt4. what do you all think?
psp game list

there is more indepth stuff on that web and im to lazy to find it....

edit: nm i geuss you have talked it over

Looks pretty cool, not surpirsed since the psp graphics are better then the ps2 ones..(Memory, more pixels, smaller screen, etc..)

The PSP version of GT4 was actually mentioned in the E3 2004 thread and there was another thread I think solely dedicated to it.

That video was just a replay of GT4 running on the PSP screen. Almost all games were show on video / prototype stages. If i'm not mistaken only Metal Gear Acid and a RPG game were running on the dev board of the PSP.

Plus the PSP is not better than PS2. It does some things better, but the PS2 still delivers better graphics.

The PSP only looks better than the PS2 is because its on a smaller screen, obviously smaller is better :lol: in gameing screen wise... well unless its on a wide screen hdtv :D

Um, no. PSP's hardware is not as powerful as PS2's hardware.

PSP looks better because the display is smaller? Thanks for the laugh. :rolleyes:

Hmm... this really is mixed news because I though GT4 alone would be something that ended my college career but PSP w/ GT4, now that definitely would! :banghead: :eek: Very impressive though.

just in response. psp is about HALF as powefull stastic wise of ps2. but it only has to deliver about half as much graphics to look decent. the res is small and it hgas to deal with less pixels. many people that are knowlegable expect psp to have VERY good graphics close to ps2

ok, here we go:
The screen resolution is the same as a TV in widescreen format, or about that. The PSP has the same amount of built in memory as the PS2. The chip on the PSP is faster than either of the ones in the PS2 (333 vs. 293), but the PS2 has two chips (or 3, counting the PSone chip) for distributed processing. However, the PSP chipset has a few more built in tricks than the PS2 chips (morphing, for example), so it's a bit more optimized.

Don't believe me? Go check Sony's site.

But anyway, I'll probably skip on GT4 Mobile, unless it supports carrying over gamesaves from GT4 PS2. I mean, on the PS2 I can use a 32" screen and a steering wheel.

I'm not a mobile gamer either, I never have been but the PSP is still very cool.

I get the feeling if the price is right and Sony market it well (as they always seem to do) then the PSP could be a force to be reckoned with. Time will tell, there's certainly a lot of potential.

Thanks for finding that link Viper Zero.

Back