GT4 on PS3- Video problems after 2.70 update

• Thread starter z06fun
  • 8 comments
United States
Northeast :(
z06fun
Anyone here having issues with GT4 on PS3 after the new 2.70 update. I have seen a few people on other forums having issues, but haven't seen anything here. The problems myself and others are seeing is that the screen just randomly goes black during game play. Sometimes its very brief (<1 second) sometimes its several seconds. Sometimes it does it once and never again until reboot. Sometimes it does it several times. I'm using the original 60gig that should be very backward compatible. Just wondering how many of you are having this issue?:confused:

Also, I'm NTSC and I have the PS3 set to output things in 1080p and in GT4 I set the options to output in 1080i, other combinations of settings have always given strange frame rate things going on in GT4 (thats not a new issue, has always been there for me).

Last edited:
Anyone here having issues with GT4 on PS3 after the new 2.70 update. I have seen a few people on other forums having issues, but haven't seen anything here. The problems myself and others are seeing is that the screen just randomly goes black during game play. Sometimes its very brief (<1 second) sometimes its several seconds. Sometimes it doesn't once and never again until reboot. Sometimes it does it several times. I'm using the original 60gig that should be very backward compatible. Just wondering how many of you are having this issue?:confused:

Also, I'm NTSC and I have the PS3 set to output things in 1080p and in GT4 I set the options to output in 1080i, other combinations of settings have always given strange frame rate things going on in GT4 (thats not a new issue, has always been there for me).

I have a 60GB PS3 too and have recently been playing GT4 as well... I havent noticed the things you describe.... yet... but I have it at 1080P as well with smoothness and upscaler on... and the only thing I noticed is that while im racing I see a black square flickering in the top left corner... its about 1 x 1 inch and sometimes it flickers really bad and sometimes it doesnt... It kind of looks like the picture is turning to a negative in that 1x1 inch space... Other than that it works fine!

Thanks, I will play around with the smoothness and upscaler settings to see if I can get around this. That would be great if I could just change them and make the game work normally again!

No problems here too (60gig ) just a small flickering square sometimes appears in top left corner. but it was always there, even before the 2.xx updates.

No problems here too (60gig ) just a small flickering square sometimes appears in top left corner. but it was always there, even before the 2.xx updates.

Same here, including the weird square thingy...

Tbh I think the smoothing works better after 2.70 but I don't think i've played enough to know for sure....

i tried playing GT4, but its either somethings wrong with it or its just because ive been playing GT5 and the graphics are horrible compared to the PS3 version.

I have the Eurpean version of th 60gb PS3, and I get the weird square thingy too, it usually happens on circuits where you can see a lot of blue sky ( Fuji, Suzuka, Tskuba etc ) and also I have noticed one or two times the image displayed on screen is " Jumpy " to say the least, noticable more when viewing cars in your garage.

👍 And Ps2 has no issues with it.. Honestly, just play it on the Ps2, it has no issues with it. And it was mentioned in another thread..
That's one of the main reasons that people still keep their PS2's, and they just go out and buy the PS3. 👍 Right at the moment it's nearly cheaper to go and get a NEW 80Gb and a spare PS2 than it is to go and get a used 60Gb from EB Games. :odd: Actually it is, the new one you get 2 games with, the used one, you get squat.

Back