• Thread starter beter_hans
  • 15 comments
1st Sorry about my poor English... :ouch:
Im a chinese...
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I got a Hongkong Copy today...

i tried it... LAN Mode is Availabe..
but it dont use the IPX...

like allmost Online games.. u need load your network configuration datas form your memcard. which can be create by the Network Startup Disc.

U can using PPPOE and a fixed IP. or using a DHCP..
so.. if u Know your IP them tell others...... then enjoy it... NO DNAS needed...

but im using a router. i dont know which port GT4 are using..
so i tried the XLink KAI. ...
it's worked... i plaied 2 rounds with my friends. very great!
but.... it's get verrrrry slow and longtime loading after a race...
i guess... the Xlink KAI Platform have locked all user 's bandwidth to verrrry low..
after one round.. the system'll try to send a Replay File to all Player。。。 then play the replay on all consoles.. but the transmit speed is very low... :(
so u'd beter reboot ur console after a network race whick using KAI..

i can tell you Xlink does not restrict the players bandwidth at all.
I'd reommend haveing the player with the highest upload speed host the game, and playing as much as possible with low ping players.

Just out of curiosity, what is your upload/download speed?

There's also a thread at the VERY top of the forum about this same exact topic I do believe.

Hajaz
i can tell you Xlink does not restrict the players bandwidth at all.
I'd reommend haveing the player with the highest upload speed host the game, and playing as much as possible with low ping players.

Just out of curiosity, what is your upload/download speed?

Im using a Cable Modem.
i have 1Mbps download and 512k upload bandwidth...

the ping to my friends is 14ms..
but still its keep we waiting for very long time ! even more than boot the console 2 times. to load the replay file....
i cant believe a replay file just more than 5MB in GT4...

The title of the other thread has question marks in it so the one with exclamation marks got my attention. Seem like a quicker answer without having to scoll through replies.

i'm wondering. was the gameplay itself slow or just the loading/waiting for replays? weve had reports of people playing smoothly with 4 players now.
Maybe theres an option to turn the replays off?

Nice to hear of your online GT4 experience first hand :) Although the loading thing sounds annoying but I guess it is inevitable with 'unofficial' online capabilities. Still maybe over time a solution will be found.

Latest Posts

Back