GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
I just noticed something. I just downloaded the GT5 E3 trailer from PSN and the release date was changed to just November 2010. So I'm guessing that there is going to be another small delay...

I also downloaded from the PS store (PAL) too. I think the date for PAL regions is going to be announced at Gamescom this year.

Nope. Just downloaded it again and still says november 2nd.

The November 2 date is for the Americans.

PAL regions GT5 date, e.g Europe/Australia/New Zealand, will be announced at Gamescom on August 2010.

Yaaaa...except Kaz HIMSELF confirmed that GC10 will be the real unveiling of GT5. Not PD, not G-T.com not Hinojosa not board members, the Kazunator itself.

I've heard a few people mention that Kaz said something like this. I've searched for it and can't find it. Does anyone have a link for that, because I must have missed it.

I've heard a few people mention that Kaz said something like this. I've searched for it and can't find it. Does anyone have a link for that, because I must have missed it.

It was said at E3. Not sure if KAZ said it, but multiple other Sony/PD representatives did.

;)

Good to hear, but somehow missed it. :dunce:

Edit: Noticed that both ISR and Gamespot mentioned it. Maybe from something said in the "closed door session". Let's hope Translator San didn't strike again!:scared:

(by the way DR, different thread but tomorrow I'm going to Home Depot) ;)

Last edited:
Kayman noticed this on the Race Sim Central site and posted in the track thread. Anyone one else waiting for this to be a rumor and pulled/corrected? :crazy:

RSC (race sim central) are saying this list of tracks is concrete! Tracks of interest are in bold!!

• Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace
• Autodromo Nazionale Monza
• Circuit de Catalunya

• Circuit de la Sarthe I
• Circuit de la Sarthe II
• Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
• Circuit de Valencia

• Daytona International Speedway Superspeedway
• Daytona International Speedway Road Course
• Fuji Speedway 80’s
• Fuji Speedway 90’s
• Fuji Speedway GT
• Fuji Speedway F
• Indianapolis Motor Speedway Oval Speedway
• Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course
• Infineon Raceway Sport Car Course
• Infineon Raceway Stock Car Course
• Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
• Nürburgring ‘GP Strecke’
• Nürburgring ‘Nordschleife’
• Sepang International Circuit
• Shanghai International Circuit

• Silverstone Circuit
• Suzuka Circuit
• Suzuka Circuit East Course
• Suzuka Circuit West Course
• Texas Motor Speedway
• Tsukuba Circuit
• Twin Ring Motegi East Short Course
• Twin Ring Motegi Road Course
• Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway
• Twin Ring Motegi West Short Course
• Yas Marina Raceway

http://www.racesimcentral.com/news/2010/07/gran-turismo-5/

Kayman noticed this on the Race Sim Central site and posted in the track thread. Anyone one else waiting for this to be a rumor and pulled/corrected? :crazy:

I know right, if they are saying it is concrete why can't they provide a source or link?

To me it sounds like for some reason they decided to use the word concrete to describe the tracks as "real-world paved tracks" Looks like a solid list to me...and that list doesn't even include any of the rally courses or city courses. If that list is true, I'll be quite happy. Kinda wish Bathurst was on there though.

From Wikipedia:

In November 2006 shortly before the release of Gran Turismo HD Concept v2.0, Polyphony Digital director Kazunori Yamauchi officially announced a "revision" in the "product strategy": "Gran Turismo 5 will be given priority".

Polyphony Digital chose to abandon the planned full version named Gran Turismo HD, which was previously announced as Vision Gran Turismo at the E3 2005 and was first displayed during the Tokyo Game Show 2006 and was scheduled for a 2007 worldwide release to focus on developing Gran Turismo 5 instead.

I think it's worst GT mistake ever...

None of the F1 tracks listed are made from concrete. At least not on the track surface.

I wasn't trying to be funny. It read to me that they were talking about the concrete tracks rather than dirt.

^alucard You are, of course, entitled to think that... but how can you make such a judgment until you experience GT5? Don't knock it until you try it! ;)

From Wikipedia:

In November 2006 shortly before the release of Gran Turismo HD Concept v2.0, Polyphony Digital director Kazunori Yamauchi officially announced a "revision" in the "product strategy": "Gran Turismo 5 will be given priority".

Polyphony Digital chose to abandon the planned full version named Gran Turismo HD, which was previously announced as Vision Gran Turismo at the E3 2005 and was first displayed during the Tokyo Game Show 2006 and was scheduled for a 2007 worldwide release to focus on developing Gran Turismo 5 instead.

I think it's worst GT mistake ever...

They do the both versions anyway in one game, and im not whining.

I wonder what is the difference betwen GT5 and GTHD, i mind in the hypothetical scenario having the both games complete, cockpits? day/night cycle?

I wonder what is the difference betwen GT5 and GTHD
GTHD was exactly that - a higher resolution, polished version of GT making use of assets that were already at their disposal, with a few new assets thrown in to justify its release. I doubt it would have had a damage model, or things like day/night cycle. They could have, and should have continued down that road and got the game out, then focussed on the next full version using all new premium content. Instead, we get a mixture of the two - 'tard cars and premium cars all wrapped up in a glossy new shell.

I would like to have something clarified if I may. Locations VS Circuits/tracks. 20 locations, read countries, with 70 tracks, actual circuits. I have read the 20 locations, 70 tracks in this and other threads. If this is factual then the Sim list is only, if I counted correctly, 12 locations? Leaving up to 8 more locations/countries to draw from. Are there any countries of interest left?

GTHD was exactly that - a higher resolution, polished version of GT making use of assets that were already at their disposal, with a few new assets thrown in to justify its release. I doubt it would have had a damage model, or things like day/night cycle. They could have, and should have continued down that road and got the game out, then focussed on the next full version using all new premium content. Instead, we get a mixture of the two - 'tard cars and premium cars all wrapped up in a glossy new shell.

You mind a pure GT4 in HD.

F1 doesn't go that fast.

That's the area of 250mph+ and F1 only gets to around 220 at Monza.

The way I understood it, he meant that if you set an F1-car up for maximum speed in a straight line, it could well reach 400km/h (250mph).

And there's no doubt that's at least close to the truth. The only thing preventing an F1-car from going that fast are the wings which produce too much drag.

You mind a pure GT4 in HD.

No, GTHD is made up of the Premium cars that were finished at the time. It was supposed to be GT5 but the game would have been basically Prologue (about 70 cars, 10 of those cars were going to be premium and the rest were Standard, and about 3 or 5 tracks.) and then it would expand through micro-transactions where one could buy the cars and tracks that they wanted and not buy the one's they don't. People, however, complained about it and PD simply released the 10 premium cars (and their tuned versions) and the new track, Elder, and called in GTHD.

But the cars looked like early versions of PREMIUM cars and didn't look like current standard cars.
Even though it's a WIKI link, doesn't that prove that GTHD=/=GT5? Therefore the whole BS about GTHD having 2 tiers of cars has nothing to do with the same tier system in GT5?

^alucard You are, of course, entitled to think that... but how can you make such a judgment until you experience GT5? Don't knock it until you try it! ;)

Because we wait soooooooooooo loooooooooooong!:ouch:
I'm not against GT5.But it's faaaaar tooooo laaaaateeee.👎

A FULL GTHD game in 2007 (maybe with even standard cars) + full GT5 in 2011 will be much better than very tiny Prologue then HUGE wait for GT5 in late 2010...(IMO)

I would like to have something clarified if I may. Locations VS Circuits/tracks. 20 locations, read countries, with 70 tracks, actual circuits. I have read the 20 locations, 70 tracks in this and other threads. If this is factual then the Sim list is only, if I counted correctly, 12 locations? Leaving up to 8 more locations/countries to draw from. Are there any countries of interest left?

Why do I and others need to repeat this over and over and.......? Location is just that, the location and surroundings of a track, not a country, there will be 20+ locations in GT5. 70+ refers to variations of each location, not to individual tracks which would technically be equal to location by PD's definition.

The way I understood it, he meant that if you set an F1-car up for maximum speed in a straight line, it could well reach 400km/h (250mph).

And there's no doubt that's at least close to the truth. The only thing preventing an F1-car from going that fast are the wings tyres which produce too much drag.

Fixed

Scaff

Back