GT5 Latest News & Discussion

• Thread starter gamelle71
  • 76,879 comments
TARGET
You don't aim at the past.

NA presents a bigger opportunity, as seen by the over 2 million more copies of GT3 that NA bought over Europe's sales numbers.

That was in 2002 and it wasn't even 1.4Million units.
I've never knew markets don't shift.

eh, you're splitting 600K hairs.

They lost ground in the US. Makes sense they would want to try and get it back. The first date to be announce should probably be the first release date. It just makes sense. Even if it's a 'Simultaneous" Global launch, isn't it always a few days later in Europe anyways, just due to distribution logistics?

We'll see, but as it stands, I have a release date, and you're hanging on wishful thinking.

And I wouldn't think any different if I lived in Europe, either.

why not euro zone for first??15-25 October!!
I agree with Dave,maybe we get a big surprise during the Gamescom!!

Why is it even a big deal? Why can't you just be grateful you are even gonna finally get the game?

Get over yourself, please. All my post point out your BS view of them and your hatred towards them.
So you're a hater and a hypocrite. Please go back to making all of us aware of the permanent steering assist in forza3. I think only 95% of your posts are about that, let's try to get that number up.
I stopped taking gaming magazines and review sites seriously when I was 12 when I realized their views rarely agreed with mine. Maybe you should take what they say with a grain of salt and make your point in life something other than calling out their mistakes.

My BS view of them?

can you please tell other than the misleading people ignoring "permanent steering assist in forza3" what did i say other than that? and whats so BS about that?

you need to realize something kid, if someones disagree with the other thats not called hatred...(don't know if your a kid, but you sure act like one trying to look smart).

no one should ignore stupid BS, or how you call it "mistakes" ;)

so being realist is hypocrite now? lol nice one, your ignorant insults just shows how educated you are.

Because the US is their largest target market?

Exactly. The inclusion of NASCAR and the fact it seems to be spearheading their marketing campaign proves that improving sales in the US is their main aim.

No, but GT may not have penetrated the US market completely. With NASCAR in GT5 the figures are expected to increase. The only problem I can see with that is the US is prime Xbox 360 territory. I think NA is the only region where PS3 sales have not surpassed Xbox 360 sales. I think this is driven primarily by Sony, so that they can boost sales of the PS3 console. Obviously Yamauchi-san wants as many types of motorsport in Gran Turismo as possible, but I can't imagine NASCAR would have been that high on his priority list (Although I could be wrong).

EDIT:

^ I get what Sasuki is saying, ISR seem to have praised Forza 3 all the way, but have knocked GT5 in many ways. But it is just the presenters' opinions. Just do what most people do, and learn to ignore them if you don't think their reviews aren't all that reliable.

Last edited:
E

^ I get what Sasuki is saying, ISR seem to have praised Forza 3 all the way, but have knocked GT5 in many ways. But it is just the presenters' opinions. Just do what most people do, and learn to ignore them if you don't think their reviews are all that reliable.

I wish i never mentioned, "permanent steering assist in forza3"

it made me look like a GT fanboy, but im not, i like Forza 3 its Super FUN,

but "permanent steering assist " is not an opinion, its there in the game and no opinion ca remove it... IRS should had commented about it and not ignore it...

Last edited:
No, but GT may not have penetrated the US market completely. With NASCAR in GT5 the figures are expected to increase. The only problem I can see with that is the US is prime Xbox 360 territory. I think NA is the only region where PS3 sales have not surpassed Xbox 360 sales. I think this is driven primarily by Sony, so that they can boost sales of the PS3 console. Obviously Yamauchi-san wants as many types of motorsport in Gran Turismo as possible, but I can't imagine NASCAR would have been that high on his priority list (Although I could be wrong).

That's a decent point... GT3 sold really well in NA, partially because it was bundled in with the console. The combo was a driving factor in the sales numbers of consoles and GT3 discs.

Why is it even a big deal? Why can't you just be grateful you are even gonna finally get the game for first?
fixed!:sly:
Guys(american friends)I think that you really overrate the presence of NASCAR in GT5!gt5 won't have all the NASCAR cars,maybe you will get 8-10cars and some oval(boring) track but noway gt5 will have a complete Nascar championship!!it isn't NASCAR 2010 IT'S GT5!!

Last edited:
I wish i never mentioned, "permanent steering assist in forza3"

..but "permanent steering assist " is not an opinion, its there in the game and no opinion ca remove it... IRS should had commented about it and not ignore it...

884279-time_to_stop_posting_super.jpg

The problem with what you guys are suggesting is that they released the official E5 2010 GT5 trailer on both the EU and Japanese version of gran-turismo.com and both used "November 2010" in the outro message (note that US is November 2). So either it's a place holder for both region and it'll actually come out in October for us or it's going to be after the US which would be a first. I'm not sure.

I'm staying on the "The sooner, the better" bandwagon :P

My BS view of them?

can you please tell other than the misleading people ignoring "permanent steering assist in forza3" what did i say other than that? and whats so BS about that?

you need to realize something kid, if someones disagree with the other thats not called hatred...(don't know if your a kid, but you sure act like one trying to look smart).

no one should ignore stupid BS, or how you call it "mistakes" ;)

so being realist is hypocrite now? lol nice one, your ignorant insults just shows how educated you are.

The pot said what?
You questioning my intelligence is brilliant, really. We all know how educated one has to be to argue with trolls.

@alba

In an interview, some one asked if november 2 is also for EU,

he replied, We are now at E3 represents NA so we are focusing on US release,

i think

EU release date will be unveiled at GamesCom

Asian release date will be unveiled at TGS.

@alba

In an interview, some one asked if november 2 is also for EU,

he replied, We are now at E3 represents NA so we are focusing on US release,

i think

EU release date will be unveiled at GamesCom

Asian release date will be unveiled at TGS.

Yeah, I think someone mentioned this at E3.

Should've have known reason would fall of deaf ears.

Guys(american friends)I think that you really overrate the presence of NASCAR in GT5!gt5 won't have all the NASCAR cars,maybe you will get 8-10cars and some oval(boring) track but noway gt5 will have a complete Nascar championship!!it isn't NASCAR 2010 IT'S GT5!!

And why exactly was this even necessary? Funny enough, can't the same be said about WRC? And you mind lightning up on the the Exclamation points? Its abit overboard.

Respect they bring 3 TOP cars to romania? They rub you if you got the ****tiest car in the world...

Great course! But with that invisible walls in GT5 it´s not even half of the fun... FM3 has that great fuji track, that´s also really great to drive, even with only an pad...

You need to realize that if all you can harp at is 1 issue over & over & over. And over & over & over.

It's hating. Nearly every time I've seen you post, the driving aid is mentioned in combination about how bad ISR is. Give it a rest.

I was sceptical and pessimistic about Stelvio Pass being in GT5 before.

However, I was equally pessimistic about the Tuscany dirt track, and look how that turned out.

yeah, but the tunnel, the buildings and some other things confirmed it was Stelvio.

Not really. The trailer does show a road with remarkable similarities to the stelvio pass, but it also shows considerable differences. I guess it's a road inspired on the stelvio pass, but not the stelvio pass itself.

Not really. The trailer does show a road with remarkable similarities to the stelvio pass, but it also shows considerable differences. I guess it's a road inspired on the stelvio pass, but not the stelvio pass itself.

Actually, there is a point in the promo where the FT-86 passes a tan colored building. I have seen that very building in a couple videos of Stelvio Pass. Also, there are several variations of the Pass. One where you can go through the tunnels and another one where you don't. Obviously, from the FT-86 video, you'll visiting at least some of the tunnels. The only major difference between the FT-86 Stelvio and the real one is that the real one is a lot narrower than what was shown on the promo video. It looked a lot like Grand Valley when I first saw it, but after watching some Stelvio Pass vids on Youtube, I'm convenced that Stelvio pass is in. I hope they narrow it a bit before it's released, though.

I'll put together some comparison shots later.

It has remarkable similarities, which it doesn't share with many other roads.

Which means it's either Stelvio Pass, or it is a fictional track loosely based on the landscape of somewhere in that region. You would've thought they'd use one of their modelled tracks or a photomode location for their promotional trailers. Almost every location and track we have seen in trailers so far has confirmed to be in the game.

Making a location purely for a trailer is a huge waste of time if it's only going to be shown to a small audience (Like the FT-86 trailer).

It has remarkable similarities, which it doesn't share with many other roads.

Which means it's either Stelvio Pass, or it is a fictional track loosely based on the landscape of somewhere in that region. You would've thought they'd use one of their modelled tracks or a photomode location for their promotional trailers. Almost every location and track we have seen in trailers so far has confirmed to be in the game.

Making a location purely for a trailer is a huge waste of time if it's only going to be shown to a small audience (Like the FT-86 trailer).

Agreed. And although they only showed a couple small sections of Stelvio...they did a LOT of work on it. I mean, the buildings and everything were modeled. Seems like a lot of work if it were only to appear in a promo-video. That's why I would be VERY surprised if it WASN'T in GT5.

Back