GT5 ringtones and SMS/MMS/Email alerts

• Thread starter Whitestar
  • 15 comments

Whitestar

Premium
Norway
Norway
Whitestar127
I have recorded sounds from GT5 that are fitting to use as cell phone ringtones and alerts. I used a wave editor (SoundForge) to process the sounds. The files containing "bass" have been slightly boosted in the 80hz frequency for a nice bass boost.

Download each one separately (slow) or all together in the zip. Not sure if Keepfile.com is the best file hosting service to use. If anyone can recommend a free fast one where it's easy to copy the URLs then please let me know.

Moderators, I hope this doesn't violate any sort of copyrights, but if it does then just delete the URLs and/or post.

Download on Mediafire (thanks GeneralJesh):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/626k68566x0jms1/GT5_ringtones.zip
buy_premium_car_bass_80.mp3 - the song played when you buy/win premium car
buy_used_car.mp3 - the song played when you buy/win used car
cursor_move2.mp3 - the sound of cursor moving
good_as_new.mp3 - the sound after car has been washed
gt_life.mp3 - the sound when going back to GT Life main screen
GT5_race_result1_bass80.mp3 - Song being played after won A-spec race
GT5_race_result2_bass80.mp3 - Song being played after won A-spec race
ka_ching.mp3 - the cash register sound when using money
oil.mp3 - the sound of oil being filled
oil2.mp3 - the sound of oil being emptied
ready_set_go.mp3 - race start signal
select.mp3 - the sound of selecting menu item

Update: more sounds:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/asdlqfnact7j9y5/GT5_ringtones2.zip
engine_F10_doppler.mp3 - the sound of an F10 whooshing by
select_track.mp3 - the sound when you select/enter a track
start_engine_FGT_long.mp3 - engine start of an FGT, long version
start_engine_FGT_short.mp3 - engine start of an FGT, short version
start_engine_r92cp_long.mp3 - engine start of an R92CP Race Car, long version
start_engine_r92cp_short.mp3 - engine start of an R92CP Race Car, short version
start_engine_veyron_long.mp3 - engine start of a Veyron, long version
start_engine_veyron_short.mp3 - engine start of a Veyron, short version

Last edited:
Waiting for the download to start right now. Thanks a lot for doing this. I tried finding the select sound and it was hard. Now I have a whole bucnh of sounds. SWEET!

They're awesome! The shorter ones work well for text messages, thanks! :D

What's what, exactly? haha

Download and listen for yourself. ;)

nicely done! good quality. maybe some car sounds next?

Glad you like them. :)
I'll try to record some "turn key" sounds for a few cars. However, I'm not sure how well they will transfer to cell phones given their low frequency nature. Most cell phone speakers are sucky by default and don't handle low frequency sounds (basses) very well.
So you might say it was a bit unnecessary to boost the bass on a few of my recordings as well.

Anyway, if anyone want other sounds recorded - and remember, low frequency sounds are not ideal for cell phones - then just request them here and I'll see what I can do. I may not have a particular car if you request sounds from that (only have about 160 in my garage). I do have FGT and F10 so those might sound good, given the high pitched whine at high rpm.

Thanks very much. I downloaded them to check them out. Now I need a modern mobile phone to be able to do something with them!

New sounds in GT5_ringtones2.zip. See OP. Also contains descriptions of the files in the zips.
I haven't tested the engine start sounds on my phone. Might not work so well given their low frequency. The F10 doppler might be cool though, since it's fairly high pitched.
I also forgot to include the sound of track select in the first zip. Included in the second zip.

Back