GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,496 comments
Try as I might, I cannot get a consistent lap at Brands Hatch. It's always been one of those tracks I struggle with. I don't hate the track like some others, I'm just not good at it.

But, I am looking forward to Daytona next week. One of my favorite places to race at. Tokyo might be interesting for a few races.

Try as I might, I cannot get a consistent lap at Brands Hatch. It's always been one of those tracks I struggle with. I don't hate the track like some others, I'm just not good at it.

But, I am looking forward to Daytona next week. One of my favorite places to race at. Tokyo might be interesting for a few races.
I'm looking forward to one of my favorite tracks next week, DRC. It's not as bad as it looks. The best way to get a good solid lap is to use replays and ghosts. Useful tools found in the game.

Last edited:

I have that issue often. My familiarity with many of the tracks is pretty poor and I need more than a week to learn the track and then be competitive.
I’ve also hit the figurative wall, my times in both qualifying and races don’t seem to improve at all.
I believe my driving style is flawed, I’m taking the incorrect line and coming in too hot and definitely not practicing slow in, fast out. So, I’ve decided to change my driving style which, initially, is making me even slower but, in the long run, I’m hoping I come out the other end faster.
Also, to your point, I quit Brands Hatch early to practice Daytona. Hoping for a good week.

A & C look good. :)
B is not even slightly interesting. :indiff:
At least the National variant of Catalunya is getting some use hence I'm interested to give it a go. The whole track itself may have been used for 11 times (7 for the no chicane variant and 4 for the GP layout) while the rallycross layout has only been used once for a daily but I'm glad they are giving that variant a go for once.

But either way the whole Daily Race lineup for next week? I'm happy to give it a go.

Last edited:
I'm strarting to get "aquainted" to the big difference there is between starting inside the pack (from 6th to 12th) or from pole (til 5th) at Bathurst. A whole total different world. Chipping time from 2:11 to 2:07 low did make the difference, cause I was starting basically always from pole or at least 2nd. Then it's almost easy to survive and get podium.

Last edited:
The weekend is almost here, I have not had one clean race at Bathurst so I’m giving up on that and I’ll be reverting back to brands and the G70 I guess.

Not sure about next week, none of them look amazing so I’ll get some racing in whilst I can!

👌
I am curious why. Other people hitting you? Which car are you using?

The weekend is almost here, I have not had one clean race at Bathurst so I’m giving up on that and I’ll be reverting back to brands and the G70 I guess.

Not sure about next week, none of them look amazing so I’ll get some racing in whilst I can!

👌
Yes, it's been a bit grim there this week! Got rammed a couple of times today - one of them hit me into another car, after I'd started 6th on the grid. I got the penalty, obviously, and dropped right down the order - DR and SR down at the end.

Oh well, I thought, at least I'll be in an even better place on the grid for the next race - nope, started 12th 🤨

Wow how is this possible 😂

Cutting the grass, getting a 4.5s penalty?

That seems fair.

Why does being run inside on the 2 corners before the end result in a position reset?

I don't know where I stand on these things,
Frustrating when it happens to me but in real car racing you carry on, vs that **** which is clearly abusing the game mechanic.

I'd feel a little more sympathy if the times I fractionally put out 4 wheels on the grass I wasn't penalised for 5 corners afterwards. Which is a huge speed deficit for a minimal crime (pushing hard, avoiding a player etc)

Wow how is this possible 😂

I don't know, that's really weird how he did that crazy move, he should have gotten a 9-second penalty. I'm confused on how PD's penalty system operates. That's why I normally try to follow the rules out there on the track. And to be polite to other drivers.

Back