GT7 Daily Race Discussion

• Thread starter Pigems
  • 36,518 comments
🎶Wayee….wayah …yah..eee 🎶 Daytonaaaaaah…..let’s go away …wayee🎶 I remember that arcade game was an instant hit when it was released in the 90’s. Great song to bring people in, they would blast it level 10. It was way way ahead of its time and also a blast for everyone who tried it alike. I would regularly get my ass kicked by little kids. The graphics and gameplay despite it being nascar were unreal at the time. By the late 90’s you could find arcades with like 8 units all connected racing against each other, which was also ahead of its time. I’m sure it’s long gone from arcades now. Ahh memories from when the air was still fresh. 😂

I’m not a circle track person but Daytona Road Course is loads of fun. I have not raced it in daily races before. I’m hoping for gr1 or 2 maybe? Gr3 is fine too. Anyone know what they will be or they only tease the tracks each week through that Hungarian post was it I think?

I would love to see a longer format. I have only been daily racing for about 2 months. Have they done races longer the 1hr window, like Nurburgring was a few weeks ago? Would be fun to have a mini 2 hr endurance race C.

Yeah, the Oval is boring, the Road Course has a lot more turns and variety. It least it gives people fun and enjoyment while driving on the track. I'm focusing on Race B this week because of the 600% money increase. That will help a lot of people.

Having a bit more fun out there today. QT of 1.30.124 was all I could muster at brands and that’s putting me in the top 6 starting places, some good racing out there, would prefer half as many laps but I just can’t get on with mt panorama this week.

@Barney Da Dog i stole your ddpro settings which you shared recently and that immediately took 8 tenths off my time 😳

🙏 🫶

Having a bit more fun out there today. QT of 1.30.124 was all I could muster at brands and that’s putting me in the top 6 starting places, some good racing out there, would prefer half as many laps but I just can’t get on with mt panorama this week.

@Barney Da Dog i stole your ddpro settings which you shared recently and that immediately took 8 tenths off my time 😳

🙏 🫶
They were ones that @PirovacBoy posted originally 👍
They work great - can feel what's happening and react much quicker than I could previously. I keep the in-game FFB at 8-10 depending on car.

I'm struggling a bit at Brands this week. As much as I dislike tuning, it made the G70 feel 'great?' (well, less horrible perhaps) and last week I was on pole for many races - whereas this week I'm starting mid-field and not gaining any ground.

I've avoided B this week, but have had great success and good racing on A - hardly seeing any familar names though as most people must dislike it.

They work great - can feel what's happening and react much quicker than I could previously. I keep the in-game FFB at 8-10 depending on car.

I'm struggling a bit at Brands this week. As much as I dislike tuning, it made the G70 feel 'great?' (well, less horrible perhaps) and last week I was on pole for many races - whereas this week I'm starting mid-field and not gaining any ground.

I've avoided B this week, but have had great success and good racing on A - hardly seeing any familar names though as most people must dislike it.
I've made peace with the car now and understand a lot better how to drive it. I think in real life you'd never have a 4WD with the sort of diff and transfer box as this is represented in the game.

It is a mixed week as have only done Brands and the racing is mixed in the better ish split lobbies it's been ok with the odd win here or there but others it's funny to watch in my rear view as a car comes up the inside at 1 gazzilon miles per hour I'm to druids....

It's also been a week of some types of drivers either honing their "craft" or just clumsy/poor decision making in to the middle sector and not being able to race side by side.

I'm really looking forward to Daytona next week. Less so Catalunya though as my TT laps for practice make me feel it's going to be a "touring car-esque" type of race...

I've made peace with the car now and understand a lot better how to drive it. I think in real life you'd never have a 4WD with the sort of diff and transfer box as this is represented in the game.

It is a mixed week as have only done Brands and the racing is mixed in the better ish split lobbies it's been ok with the odd win here or there but others it's funny to watch in my rear view as a car comes up the inside at 1 gazzilon miles per hour I'm to druids....

It's also been a week of some types of drivers either honing their "craft" or just clumsy/poor decision making in to the middle sector and not being able to race side by side.

I'm really looking forward to Daytona next week. Less so Catalunya though as my TT laps for practice make me feel it's going to be a "touring car-esque" type of race...
I've definitely improved with the G70 (after tips you posted previously). I think there's a 1:29.0 doable, so may try again later..
All the Brands races I've tried have had some kind of drama unfortunately - either self inflicted after a trip though the gravel and the resulting 5 cars flying past, or getting caught up in some kind of grudge match :indiff:

I've definitely improved with the G70 (after tips you posted previously). I think there's a 1:29.0 doable, so may try again later..
All the Brands races I've tried have had some kind of drama unfortunately - either self inflicted after a trip though the gravel and the resulting 5 cars flying past, or getting caught up in some kind of grudge match :indiff:
As you know and most of forum know the race suicide is my thing 🤣

Same for me regarding the grudge matches there seems to be something in the water. 3 races this week I've been handed 2nd and 2 I've been included in a party I'd not RSVPd to....the rest is just me being slower in race conditions.

All three of my accounts are now A, first world problem is I'm not fast enough for A. This is a problem.

Edit: grammar

Last edited:

I did wonder however about the fact that you did yours on a 8nm and I have a 5nm, they are good settings in any case but I wonder if I miss some ‘strength in the wheel.

Yeah its been a lean week 😏

I managed a couple of wins today but it’s been a little rough in the races I have to say

Attachments

• IMG_3619.jpeg
    IMG_3619.jpeg
    145.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3618.jpeg
    IMG_3618.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 1
I did wonder however about the fact that you did yours on a 8nm and I have a 5nm, they are good settings in any case but I wonder if I miss some ‘strength in the wheel.

Yeah its been a lean week 😏

I managed a couple of wins today but it’s been a little rough in the races I have to say
5nm is more than fine.

The amount of force isn't the thing it's the weight and personal preference that is the key.

I change my wheel force dependent on car category but rarely if ever go full on 8NM.

That's not what you need although that stupid RA Honda race is have died to have a 50nm wheel!

Back