GT7 July 2024 Update Prediction

Holding content for a game 2-3yrs out is idiotic. Now if gt8 is on deck for next year. Sure. Cool. Np.

But the idea that they are holding assets back from an update for 8 has always struck me as kinda dumb. The only exception would be if gt7’s assets were for resolutions north of 8k and toned down because covid//ps4 support dragged down game quality. Otherwise, i wouldn’t want them to hold anything back as a game released in 2-3yrs, with an average life in the 3-4yr range, should really be in the 8k with hdr, running at 120fps, range.
You're in fairyland if you think any AAA game can run 8K, at 120 FPS no less, even with the PS6. 8K has 4 times the pixels of 4K, and this gen a lot of graphics intensive games are shipping as 4K30 with an option of 4K60 in peformance mode. 8K may be used as a buzzword during the next generation, but I suggest you temper your expectations.

Do you guys actually listen to yourselves?
It’s barely been two years since GT7 launched, and you’re already talking about GT8?! Yearly licensed sports games have killed the gaming industry
No one is suggesting that GT8 is close to release, we do know who we're dealing with here.

What we're saying is that PD must be working on GT8 with all their resources dedicated to that game except a skeleton crew keeping GT7 afloat.

And it makes sense, GT7 is a bastard son hugely limited by a slow PS4 and even slower storage in the same.

I expect the first chance to see GT8 will be when the PS5 Pro shows up and it will be with prerecorded footage.

And the next GT will hopefully have a more gritty realistic look with battle scars and greased cars. And finally get rid of the almost cartoonish style. The hardware is there so no reason not to go that route.

And the next GT will hopefully have a more gritty realistic look with battle scars and greased cars. And finally get rid of the almost cartoonish style. The hardware is there so no reason not to go that route.
The hardware has been there for this for decades.
Gran Turismos clean aesthetic is very clearly a design decision, there's no reason a PS5 Pro or GT8 will see them suddenly turn away from that.

That showroom clean aesthetic is likely what they are trying to match, as a celebration of the perfect automotive form.

Last edited:
You're in fairyland if you think any AAA game can run 8K, at 120 FPS no less, even with the PS6. 8K has 4 times the pixels of 4K, and this gen a lot of graphics intensive games are shipping as 4K30 with an option of 4K60 in peformance mode. 8K may be used as a buzzword during the next generation, but I suggest you temper your expectations.

In 3yrs, with a shelf life of 5~ yrs. Yes, i expect 8k to be viable. I really don’t think 8k is technologically that big of a deal. Lotsa hard drives for the video guys. Gonna suck to be a data wrangler…but as far as i know 1080 to 4k was tough, but 8’s simply a doubling. Besides, its multi use. Things such as vr will need larger resolutions to deal with managing distortion when things finally go varifocal.

Anyway, its their choice. Either its capable, or i finally give up and build a pc. We shall see.

In 3yrs, with a shelf life of 5~ yrs. Yes, i expect 8k to be viable. I really don’t think 8k is technologically that big of a deal. Lotsa hard drives for the video guys. Gonna suck to be a data wrangler…but as far as i know 1080 to 4k was tough, but 8’s simply a doubling. Besides, its multi use. Things such as vr will need larger resolutions to deal with managing distortion when things finally go varifocal.

Anyway, its their choice. Either its capable, or i finally give up and build a pc. We shall see.
Maybe reconstructed 8K from a 4K image using PSSR in the PS6 could run at 60 FPS. And even then I'm not sure. If it's a 4090 equivalent, perhaps it could run it without ray-tracing. But then, more and more games will be built with RT in mind as GPUs become powerful enough to run it at a high quality with a good framerate. And I don't think the PS6 will have a 4090 equivalent.

Native 8K at 60 FPS is probably two or three generations out minimum. 4K to 8K is a massive leap in hardware requirements - from pure GPU compute power, to CPU overhead, to GPU video memory.

Native 8K/120 is literally decades away as far as consoles go (and PCs aren't pushing that any time soon either - at least not with ray tracing involved). I would be floored if that arrives at any point before PS9.

And to be honest, the more likely thing is that devs stick with native 4K 120 or hold at 8K 60 for... well, is there any point in going higher than 8K? You may as well just cap it there for another 30 years because the benefits are minute compared to the requirements.

And even then, you may as well just PSSR 4K up to 8K and be done with it. It'll look good enough since 4K is a very high base res so you're not blowing up a significantly less detailed image up to 8K.

There's enough in a 4K image to look good on an 8K screen, but as it's still rendering twice four times the pixel count at a native 8K, the requirements to run 8K at any decent framerate are very high.

EDIT: 8K is four times the pixel count of 4K. My apologies.

Last edited:
Maybe reconstructed 8K from a 4K image using PSSR in the PS6 could run at 60 FPS. And even then I'm not sure. If it's a 4090 equivalent, perhaps it could run it without ray-tracing. But then, more and more games will be built with RT in mind as GPUs become powerful enough to run it at a high quality with a good framerate. And I don't think the PS6 will have a 4090 equivalent.

Native 8K at 60 FPS is probably two or three generations out minimum. 4K to 8K is a massive leap in hardware requirements - from pure GPU compute power, to CPU overhead, to GPU video memory.

Native 8K/120 is literally decades away as far as consoles go (and PCs aren't pushing that any time soon either - at least not with ray tracing involved). I would be floored if that arrives at any point before PS9.

And to be honest, the more likely thing is that devs stick with native 4K 120 or hold at 8K 60 for... well, is there any point in going higher than 8K? You may as well just cap it there for another 30 years because the benefits are minute compared to the requirements.

And even then, you may as well just PSSR 4K up to 8K and be done with it. It'll look good enough since 4K is a very high base res so you're not blowing up a significantly less detailed image up to 8K.

There's enough in a 4K image to look good on an 8K screen, but as it's still rendering twice the pixel count at a native 8K, the requirements to run 8K at any decent framerate are very high.

Yeah, i don’t expect native 8k. But solid 4k with a quality upres. Definitely. 4k is taking too long as it is. It was always supposed to be a bump in the road.

Anyway. Agree to disagree.

The hardware has been there for this for decades.
Gran Turismos clean aesthetic is very clearly a design decision, there's no reason a PS5 Pro or GT8 will see them suddenly turn away from that.

That showroom clean aesthetic is likely what they are trying to match, as a celebration of the perfect automotive form.
Showroom aesthetic is there plenty of space for in other parts of the game.

It took them 20 years to get rid of the vacuum cleaner engine sound so why not drop the weird semi cartoonish look now where there is plenty of horse power and space to do it with PD perfection.

Granted in some places they're less cartoon and more realism and that is in the newer tracks.

Showroom aesthetic is there plenty of space for in other parts of the game.

It took them 20 years to get rid of the vacuum cleaner engine sound so why not drop the weird semi cartoonish look now where there is plenty of horse power and space to do it with PD perfection.

Granted in some places they're less cartoon and more realism and that is in the newer tracks.
What are you seeing that’s cartoonish?
I mean, PD have worked on the trees. Haven’t read any complaints like there used to be.

PD have worked on the reflections. Haven’t read any complaints like there used to be.

PD have reworked track surfaces and kerbs and interactive details like smoke, dust and gravel animations. Haven’t read any complaints like there used to be(though I recall someone mentioning the animations have been turned down a little bit after GT7 debuted).

I'm at a loss, frankly. I don't see anything "cartoonish" in GT's presentation. I adore the UI presentation, in GT games. I really don't see a reason to move away from that aesthetic. As for on track... The environments and vehicles look stunning. Almost photo realistic, in some instances. Nothing cartoonish about any of that. At least to my old eyes.

;)

Well, hmmm. The news read as “July 6 Update Information Patch 1.49”. We know there will be something about Patch 1.49 on the 6th. If Kaz posts silhouettes on this Sunday, we’d still have to wait for the ‘something’ on the 6th.

The wording is weird. From the GT website, “Information” is on one tab and “Update” is on another. Both clearly displaying different notices.

PD could have typed Update details will be revealed. However, they use information.

The Partnership with the SF23 cars was posted in information(January 2023) and we got those in the April Update. Various campaign gift cars were posted in information before we received them. So, giving us information about the update may be something big. I don’t know. Can’t call it with PD.

I think we will know the cars/ +- track added and main features (if any). We will have to wait for patchnotes to get every details as always. I'm expecting the update to be on 25th July
Considering they skipped the June update, I think it will be "huge" : I'm expecting 6-7 cars + 1 track (equivalent of 2 updates combined), and this give us another reason to look at Worlds Series.

Well, hmmm. The news read as “July 6 Update Information Patch 1.49”. We know there will be something about Patch 1.49 on the 6th. If Kaz posts silhouettes on this Sunday, we’d still have to wait for the ‘something’ on the 6th.
That’s also how it usually works. Silhouettes before actual information, but maybe things will turn out different this time.
The wording is weird. From the GT website, “Information” is on one tab and “Update” is on another. Both clearly displaying different notices.

PD could have typed Update details will be revealed. However, they use information.

The Partnership with the SF23 cars was posted in information(January 2023) and we got those in the April Update. Various campaign gift cars were posted in information before we received them. So, giving us information about the update may be something big. I don’t know. Can’t call it with PD.
I wouldn’t read too much into it. The official social media account communicating GT-related stuff and the official GT website has often demonstrated poor attentiveness to details. The fact that they consistently refer to fully-fledged content updates as “patches” says it all.

I dont expect silhouttes this time, i think all info will be saved for the live event next weekend. Question Will kaz be on scene to showcase the cars one by one,
It would be very cool if they had them in the studio and revealed it one by one,
It looks to be a meathy update in my eyes,

The problem is more that the live event dosent start until 11 pm in my country, so it will be quite late for me, but will stay up because i am quite excited too see what this update will offer.

Last edited:
That’s also how it usually works. Silhouettes before actual information, but maybe things will turn out different this time.

I wouldn’t read too much into it. The official social media account communicating GT-related stuff and the official GT website has often demonstrated poor attentiveness to details. The fact that they consistently refer to fully-fledged content updates as “patches” says it all.
Yeah. PD are all over the joint.

I think we will just see a standard trailer. Could be big with new track. It it will be normal trailer with launch day on monday or thursday.

Last edited:
Gosh. You won’t see a difference between 4k and 8k on your standard 50-60inch tvs. I hope future games would focus on perfecting this 4k resolution and adding better performance demanding stuff than just bumping up res.
Yes you will. Because ive seen it. Because pretty much any production ive worked on, or friends have, is shot in at least 4k. Sometimes for posterity, other times to exploit the crop for stabilization, framing, distortion corrections etc. Either way the differences are dramatic and pretty great..and very noticeable even for my 70+yr father in law, and my coke bottle glasses wearing wife.

.. i guess the point is don’t let the marketing people fool you..also, 50-60” is small. I haven’t bought a sub 60” tv screen for almost 15 years. Bigger is fantastic, especially if your a fan of sports.

Yes you will. Because ive seen it. Because pretty much any production ive worked on, or friends have, is shot in at least 4k. Sometimes for posterity, other times to exploit the crop for stabilization, framing, distortion corrections etc. Either way the differences are dramatic and pretty great..and very noticeable even for my 70+yr father in law, and my coke bottle glasses wearing wife.

.. i guess the point is don’t let the marketing people fool you..also, 50-60” is small. I haven’t bought a sub 60” tv screen for almost 15 years. Bigger is fantastic, especially if your a fan of sports.
Not everybody has space for bigger TVs. We are at the point when even the best PC’s struggles with 4k in all the details on some games. 8k is right now unachievable with aby reasonably priced equipment. I really doubt PS6 will be targeting it.

Not everybody has space for bigger TVs. We are at the point when even the best PC’s struggles with 4k in all the details on some games. 8k is right now unachievable with aby reasonably priced equipment. I really doubt PS6 will be targeting it.
Ironic, given that my ps5 has 8k on the box. Not that i believed them...but its there. I’d also wager $1! That the reason pc’s struggle is because nvidia likey doesn’t care much about gaming given the cryptofarming, and now machine learning folks, are falling over themselves giving them money. Rather than it being any technical issues holding things back. Frankly, it seems as if we’ve been stuck in the blue ray//dvd thing again(blue ray was held back and then drip fed so companies could sell dvd’s first and then try to sell it again. Likely trying to replicate the windfalls caused by upgrading from cassette to cd).

Also re bigger tv’s. Hang it on the wall like a painting. Not above the dang fireplace lol.. they really don’t take up much room at all. I actually have mine on a smaller central wall and despite filling almost the whole thing..it looks pretty natural. Definitely a never going back scenario. Kinda like vr and racing games. Once you’ve experienced it done well, everything else is trash.

Ps: one of the most entertaining things with the big, beautiful tv’s is, as long as it was shot on quality filmstock, older things can be awesome. Seeing Captain Kirk all coked up(lil drunk too),and the camera work, of the earlier star treks was flipping hilarious

Back