GT7 Review poll

• Thread starter Twannie01
  • 34 comments

Do you watch the reviews on 2-3-2022 or wait till you play it your self?

• Watch it 2-3-2012

Votes: 65 72.2%
  • Watch it after 4-3-2022

Votes: 25 27.8%

• Total voters
Netherlands
Netherlands
Twannie01
So now we know the review will only be 2 days before the launch, i'm in doubt when to watch the reviews...

Just wait and play first myself and watch it after the 4-3-2022 so i get the most out of the first own experience or just watch it asap....

Reasons to not look, more new things to discover myself

Reasons to watch maybe there is some crucial info about the first car to buy ore something, and more i am like very very into the game i want it all right now!

As its not a story game I have no problem watching reviews or live streams before it's release, will watch anything and everything as soon as it's available.

It's single player story games which I avoid on the Internet due to spoilers.

I find that it's usually a safe bet to ignore the reviews for any given Gran Turismo since the PS1 era, it's more or a given that most game reviewers will knock back the score because they want every racing game to handle like GTA or Need For Speed.

Buy a physical copy, and if you don't like the game (like I did with GT5), return it within the dates specified on the receipt/policies and get your money back.

Last edited:
I'll watch only because I'm curious for some more answers as to how some of the mechanics work and other aspects that are not completely clear. I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to really see how the game plays and so on.

Will it affect my purchase decision? ....not likely unless some horrible, game breaking bugs are revealed, missing features they said would be in the game that are important to me, etc. In that event I will wait but again, I wouldn't expect that would happen.

I have the game already preordered and I know what to expect and do not expect from PD lol, I will read the reviews just for the fun of the chaos 🤣

I don't care much for critic reviews. I check out forums, Reddit and Metacritic user reviews. And YouTube videos of course.

I preordered also, so that no reason for me to Watch of dont…

the only Thijs is been bloem away my self when playing for the first time instead of “oh seen that already”

I’m probably going to be watching/reading what’s being posted here, but I’ll stop if it begins to talk about stuff I want to experience first hand myself.

I won’t watch any reviews before release. More specifically, I usually jump straight to the final verdict, just to get a feeling for consensus among the reviewers. Anyway, having someone else spoil the details mere hours before I get my own copy just defeats much of the excitement for me. Then a week or two later I might watch some reviews to see whether my own opinion is mirrored in the reviews.

I won't watch any others until after I release my own review! 4th-17th of March I'll be very busy playing and thinking and editing and stuff!

I’ll check them as soon as they out because I haven’t pre-ordered yet. I don’t care about spoilers in GT games and if the reviews are good I still have time to preorder/preload the game before March 4th.

I want to hide away and not know more than I do. That excitement when you fire the game up at midnight can be lost by watching utube at times. So hard not to peak though.

I find that it's usually a safe bet to ignore the reviews for any given Gran Turismo since the PS1 era, it's more or a given that most game reviewers will knock back the score because they want every racing game to handle like GTA or Need For Speed.

Buy a physical copy, and if you don't like the game (like I did with GT5), return it within the dates specified on the receipt/policies and get your money back.
I don't think that's true. If you look at average reviews across the franchise's, Gran Turismo is consistently very high, GT6 was scrappy and felt rushed so suffered, and GTS, bearing in mind these are launch reviews, the lack of single player content and general content from previous games went against it heavily.

GT1 - 96
GT2 - 93
GT3 - 95
GT4 - 89
GT5 - 84
GT6 - 81
GTS - 75

NFS:UG - 82
NFS:UG2 - 82
NFS:MW - 82
NFS:HP - 86
The Run - 69
NFS15 - 66
Payback - 61
Rivals - 76
NFS:HP remastered - 77
Heat - 72

Grid - 87
Grid 2 - 80
Grid Autosport - 78
Grid 2019 - 73

Pcars - 83
Pcars 2 - 84
Pcars 3 - 70

Forza 1 - 92
Forza 2 - 90
Forza 3 - 92
Forza 4 - 91
Forza 5 - 79
Forza 6 - 87
Forza 7 - 86

The scores definitely favour more realistic titles, look at the drop from PC1 and 2 to PC3, for example. And how Need for Speed trends downwards. Threw Forza in for fun, but again it shows consistently high scores for a more sim oriented title.

I expect GT7 will nudge into the low 90s, 92 maybe.

Last edited:
I think the review scores will be at least in the 80s based on the track record of past GTs, they've been getting lower overtime until GTS' case of hitting 75. However, I think GT7 will be higher than that and be at least on par with GT5 & 6 on the count it already looked like a better GT game to me than either of those. Don't know if it will be on par with the old GTs though.

Anyway, I'm watching the reviews not so much for the score, but I just want to get an idea on what I'm in for when I pick up my copy on March 4th. Which includes seeing more gameplay footage.
First of all wow, that's consistency right there. 2nd, really? Only 82? I swear I remember these games knocking my pants off when they came out.

I think the review scores will be at least in the 80s based on the track record of past GTs, they've been getting lower overtime until GTS' case of hitting 75. However, I think GT7 will be higher than that and be at least on par with GT5 & 6 on the count it already looked like a better GT game to me than either of those. Don't know if it will be on par with the old GTs though.

Anyway, I'm watching the reviews not so much for the score, but I just want to get an idea on what I'm in for when I pick up my copy on March 4th. Which includes seeing more gameplay footage.

First of all wow, that's consistency right there. 2nd, really? Only 82? I swear I remember these games knocking my pants off when they came out.
I expected UG2 to be higher.

Remember with GTS though, a big part of its lower score was it's lack of content, mode and core single player experience that previous GT games had. It's difficult to use that as a benchmark for GT7. GT5 and GT3 are probably the best benchmarks being the first editions on new consoles. It'll be interesting to see, it's been a while since we had this type of racing game as well, Forza Motorsport 7 came out in 2017. 2013 for the last mainline GT title, so perhaps the hunger for this will be much higher and contribute to a strong score performance.

On a side note, there's been 3 FM titles since GT6.

I don't think that's true. If you look at average reviews across the franchise's, Gran Turismo is consistently very high, GT6 was scrappy and felt rushed so suffered, and GTS, bearing in mind these are launch reviews, the lack of single player content and general content from previous games went against it heavily.

GT1 - 96
GT2 - 93
GT3 - 95
GT4 - 89
GT5 - 84
GT6 - 81
GTS - 75

The Run - 69
NFS15 - 66
Payback - 61
Rivals - 76
Heat - 72

Grid - 87
Grid 2 - 80
Grid Autosport - 78
Grid 2019 - 73

Pcars - 83
Pcars 2 - 84
Pcars 3 - 70

Forza 1 - 92
Forza 2 - 90
Forza 3 - 92
Forza 4 - 91
Forza 5 - 79
Forza 6 - 87
Forza 7 - 86

The scores definitely favour more realistic titles, look at the drop from PC1 and 2 to PC3, for example. And how Need for Speed trends downwards. Threw Forza in for fun, but again it shows consistently high scores for a more sim oriented title.

It's 2022, non-racing orientated games reviewers are increasingly fickle and will knock it down for inane things like not being easy, not being open-world and not handing out prizecars like Oprah Winfrey all the down to the 70's and 60's.

I don't care much for critic reviews. I check out forums, Reddit and Metacritic user reviews. And YouTube videos of course.
I'm the exact opposite. I don't care much the opinion of social media of any sort. There'll be a tree that doesn't look right on the side of the road that I'll never notice in a million years and it'll be called game breaking by someone.

On the other hand, reviewers have their biases too. I'll just make sure it doesn't score a 3-5 (I'm positive it won't), and then I'll get it

It's 2022, non-racing orientated games reviewers are increasingly fickle and will knock it down for inane things like not being easy, not being open-world and not handing out prizecars like Oprah Winfrey all the down to the 70's and 60's.
Any examples of this?

GT1 - 96
GT2 - 93
GT3 - 95
GT4 - 89
GT5 - 84
GT6 - 81
GTS - 75

The Run - 69
NFS15 - 66
Payback - 61
Rivals - 76
Heat - 72

Grid - 87
Grid 2 - 80
Grid Autosport - 78
Grid 2019 - 73

Pcars - 83
Pcars 2 - 84
Pcars 3 - 70

Forza 1 - 92
Forza 2 - 90
Forza 3 - 92
Forza 4 - 91
Forza 5 - 79
Forza 6 - 87
Forza 7 - 86

Also worth comparison:

Forza Horizon - 85
Forza Horizon 2 - 86
Forza Horizon 3 - 86
Forza Horizon 4 - 92
Forza Horizon 5 - 92

Racing games do fine, sim or arcade. They just have to be fun.

Well, given you have the review scores handy and on your person (god knows why), go look at the reasons given for the scores that GT6 and GT Sport.
You made the claim. You back it up. It's not his job to go looking up reviews that you claim exist.

Well, given you have the review scores handy and on your person (god knows why), go look at the reasons given for the scores that GT6 and GT Sport.
I have access to this thing called the internet, really handy for looking at average scores.

As for reasoning it varies between reviewers, GT6 was generally marked down for not offering much over GT5, lacking polish, lacking features that Forza games at the time had and launching at a weird time, right at the end of the console cycle, a month before the then next gen Forza Motorsport 5 hit the shelves.

GTS was marked down generally for lacking depth, content, focussing on online and lacking Vs it's rivals of the time.

Nothing to do with not being open world or not being easy.

GT7 seems to have fixed most of the problems reviewers had with GT5-6 and GTS, and I'm pretty sure the game's features and more will leave the reviewers satisfied.

I expect GT7 to score higher than GT5.

As for reasoning it varies between reviewers, GT6 was generally marked down for not offering much over GT5, lacking polish, lacking features that Forza games at the time had and launching at a weird time, right at the end of the console cycle, a month before the then next gen Forza Motorsport 5 hit the shelves.

GTS was marked down generally for lacking depth, content, focussing on online and lacking Vs it's rivals of the time.
Care to post the evidence? I want to see each and every article, seeing as you keep it handy and on your person (let's be honest, you have it saved).

Care to post the evidence? I want to see each and every article, seeing as you keep it handy and on your person (let's be honest, you have it saved).
Have you never heard of Metacritic? Literally keeps track of average scores of games from reviews with summaries? No?

But, as I have them handily in my pockets I'll post them just so you feel special:

GT6:
"Gran Turismo 6 is a massive game, and it is fantastic in its best moments, but the shortcomings of the series are getting difficult to ignore. Most notably the awful sounds and the lack of a proper damage model."

"By far the biggest and the most famous racing simulation video game ever. But it does not deserve further superlatives. It knows how to entertain, how to amaze. But it does not know how to cover its semi-finished state. Again, it's a must for hardcore fans. However, racers of the mainstream will more likely roll their eyes than their wheels."

"Yes, it's nice to have that attention to detail poured into the physics simulation itself, but when the likes of Forza are heaping on the features, it's hard not to feel shortchanged by GT6's lack of vision. Maybe we'll see the makeover the series sorely needs when it inevitably hits the PS4, but until then, Gran Turismo 6 remains a fantastic simulation; it's just not a great game."

"Polyphony Digital had three years to truly work on this game and they delivered the same experience as Gran Turismo 5 just with some minor tweaks. Gran Turismo 6 feels more like an expansion rather than a brand new game. It's very disappointing for true racing fans."

Gran Turismo Sport:
"GTS lacks overall depth, but it is saved from being a complete failure by its stellar visuals, fun and realistic driving experience. I know how much work goes into producing a major-budget title like GTS, so I would never use the word lazy when describing the effort of the development team...However, this game comes off as an underdeveloped title that is being made to look more legitimate by the history of the series."

"Four years have passed since the last GT game in the franchise, and although this game stayed true to its roots and remains a true driving simulation, choices like reducing number of available vehicles, missing any kind of single player campaign (other than driving schools) and a lack of weather effect control in this day and age may have set this game to a bad start against its main competitors."

"Gran Turismo Sport debuts on the PS4 without a number in its name, signaling a shift for this long running car racing franchise. While the simulation is still very good, and the presentation is top notch, the lack of content in both single player and online modes will leave most participants unsatisfied. With a full asking price and always-online design, all but the most hardcore fans should approach with caution."

"GT Sport isn't for people who want to take racing seriously; it's for people who want to take GT Sport seriously. Superb driving mechanics and pretty graphics do little to hide just how little there is on offer. It asks too much and gives too little."

"Gran Turismo Sport looks great, but a lack of content, some dodgy AI, and an always-online requirement see it limp into the pits. Still, how 'bout them interiors?"

As you can see, none of the points you've raised are relevant to what these games were down scored for.

Perhaps next time you'll do some research before making baseless claims.

Last edited:
Back