GT7 Update Issue

Pls help me I can not play gt 7 because new uodate tells me I haven't enough space,yet I deleted and now have 150gig. Can anyone pls help me understand
PS4?
Happens way too often. With GT7+GOW+GOW Ragnarok on my console, it wouldn't let me update the other day. I tried to delete GT7 and reinstall it, patch 1.52 included. It worked without removing any other game.
But you probably have to delete something else on your console.

Pls help me I can not play gt 7 because new uodate tells me I haven't enough space,yet I deleted and now have 150gig. Can anyone pls help me understand
To do the update you have to have the space for the game that you are currently using, plus the space for the update, plus some extra for the merging of the update into the installed game. If the update process were to remove the currently installed version first, then it failed, you would be left without any version. Hence the massive use of disk space while the update takes place.

PS4?
Happens way too often. With GT7+GOW+GOW Ragnarok on my console, it wouldn't let me update the other day. I tried to delete GT7 and reinstall it, patch 1.52 included. It worked without removing any other game.
But you probably have to delete something else on your console.
I have got 150 gig space but, nah! still wont! Yet update is 11 gig.. I can't delete 3 yrs of gt7 I really need to find a way to get my game working again without starting a fresh. Help

Is it a world wide error ?and shud I just give sony time to fix it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have got 150 gig space but, nah! still wont! Yet update is 11 gig.. I can't delete 3 yrs of gt7 I really need to find a way to get my game working again without starting a fresh. Help

You can’t start a fresh on GT7 as your game is saved on the PD servers plus deleting game data on PlayStation is separate from your game saves anyway!!

No, you're misunderstanding the situation.

It's not an error or a bug that needs fixing; it's something that is intrinsic to the PlayStation 4 (and PlayStation 3) and how they update games.

In essence they copy the entire game in order to apply an update, so you need enough free space in your system to copy the entire game as well as download and install the update. It's not about how big the update is but how big the whole game install is. GT7 is pretty big (but a bit smaller after 1.52) so you need a lot of space. I would have thought 150GB would be just about enough, but maybe you need a few more GB free.

Deleting enough stuff to make enough free space for that to happen - or moving it to an external drive - is the best way to do this. Some people do like to delete the game but that's not ideal as you end up having to download way more stuff.

In any case, deleting the game install does not delete your game save so you won't lose any of your GT7 progress - and GT7 game saves aren't even stored locally so even that doesn't matter.

Also the last update wasn't anywhere close to 11GB - and none of them have been either - so I don't know what it is you're trying to download here.

Back